/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trying to understand

Educatingmyself
05-24-2024, 01:37 PM
Everytime I ask someone who is Muslim about the Bible, they mention that it is corrupt. Yet, in Surah 3, verses 3, 48, 50, and 95 the Torah and the Gospel are mentioned as being confirmed and taught to Jesus. If so, when did they become corrupted and where are the orginal, uncorrupted texts? I mean no harm, I am seeking knowledge and understanding.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
05-27-2024, 07:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Educatingmyself
Everytime I ask someone who is Muslim about the Bible, they mention that it is corrupt. Yet, in Surah 3, verses 3, 48, 50, and 95 the Torah and the Gospel are mentioned as being confirmed and taught to Jesus. If so, when did they become corrupted and where are the orginal, uncorrupted texts? I mean no harm, I am seeking knowledge and understanding.
So you discovered the Quraan verses about the confirmation of the Thora and Gospel, but you didn't discover the Quraan verses that speak about their corruption? So, not only muslims say it.

I think you do not see the problem yet. Christians think God created Adam as and then waited until Jesus'as birth to save humanity. And all the stories in between are taken metaphorically, as never actually happened.

We as muslims look at those stories as actual historical events. That is why we say that Islaam is the oldest religion and did not start with Muhammed sas. It was always there. Noah as came with the same message...Jonas as, Jacob as, Lot as, Abraham as, Mosesas , Jesus as...all of them came with the same message. They were all muslims.
Thats right, it sounds weird, but Islaam and muslims already existed before the coming of Muhammed sas.

Jesus as did the same as Muhammed sas. He also acknowledged the Thorah...and why shouldn't he, because the source is the same...Every prophet came with the same message of this one true God. All holy books came with this message...they only differed in detail, because the content was taylored for a specific period of time and location. That is also the reason why those books were not meant to be preserved.only the Quraan is timeless and send for whole humanity.
You however somehow combined two books, meant for different people in different time periods and made the Bible out of it.

God has always been guiding humanity throughout the ages with send prophets and revelations. Only 4 of those revelations are mentioned in the Quraan, but there were many more...but only the Quraan among them stayed unchanged until today.This means that all other books are no longer in existence in original form.

Muhammad
06-02-2024, 12:03 PM
Hello,

The following video may also provide some useful clarification:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.