/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Question About The Creations Of Allah :)

Rabi'ya
01-31-2006, 11:16 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters

I have been pondering a thought recently and I cant seem to find an answer to it.

Should we love all of Allahs creations?

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
01-31-2006, 05:47 PM
:sl: Sister Rabi'ya,
It depends what you mean. The Prophet Muhammad saws told us Show mercy to those on earth, and the One above the heaven will show mercy to you. (Tirmidhi)

We also know that Allah's mercy encompasses everything (Qur'an 40:7) so likewise we must also show mercy.

Love for creation can fall into different categories, depending who you're talking about:
1. Good humans and Jinn, as well as all other creation - we love them and show mercy to them. (animals in Islam)
2. Disbelieving humans and Jinn - we are still merciful and kind to those of them who are not unjust/oppressive, yet we hate their disbelief in God.
3. Oppressive humans and Jinn - we should be firm in opposition against them, but still not transgress limits.

So for the last example, we certainly do not love Satan.

I hope this helps. If not, perhaps you could clarify exactly what you mean, inshaa'Allah.

Mawaddah
01-31-2006, 05:52 PM
^ Jazakallah Bro, I also studied and understand it this way :)

akulion
01-31-2006, 05:56 PM
no u cant love all creation....

u cannot love shaytan (he is the accursed one and avowed enemy to mankind)

u cannot love dajjal (he is a fitnah)

u cannot love filth / dirt (muslims are commanded to be pure)

u cannot love pigs (they are to be avoided because they are filthy)

u cannot love the enemies of Islam (we are commanded to resist them and fght thm if they fight us)

so there are a lot of things u cannot love because we are not commanded to love everything....

basically the nature of the thing dictates to us what is to be loved or not....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TabTabiun
01-31-2006, 11:25 PM
As-Salaam Walikum- We ARE Commanded to love those that love Allah(SWT) And Hate all that Oppose Allah (SWT).
As-Salaam Walikum

Rabi'ya
02-01-2006, 09:22 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of animals.

I find all animals truly amazing creatures and some I find really cute. Is there any evidence to show we should love all animals?

sonz
02-01-2006, 09:31 AM
salama

The Prophet said, "While a man was walking he felt thirsty and went down a well, and drank water from it. On coming out of it, he saw a dog panting and eating mud because of excessive thirst. The man said, 'This (dog) is suffering from the same problem as that of mine.' So, he (went down the well), filled his shoe with water, caught hold of it with his teeth and climbed up and watered the dog. Allah thanked him for his (good) deed and forgave him.'' The people asked ``O Allah's Apostle! Is there a reward for us in serving (the) animals?'' He replied: ``Yes, there is a reward for serving any animate (living being).'' (Narrated by Abu Huraira -- Volume 3, Book 40, Number 551)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (PBUH) as saying: "A prostitute saw a dog moving around a well on a hot day and hanging out its tongue because of thirst. She drew water for it in her shoe and she was pardoned (of her sinful deeds)."
Sahih Muslim, Book 026, Number 5578

Abu Huraira reported the Prophet(s) as telling of an incident that happened to another prophet in the past. This prophet was stung by an ant and, in anger, he ordered the whole of the ants' nest to be burned. At this, God reprimanded this prophet in these words: 'because one ant stung you, you have burned a whole community which glorified Me'. (Bukhari and Muslim).

Animals Are Our Teachers

Muslims have often been advised by their mentors to learn lessons from some species of animal. For example, the Imam Hazrat Ali gives this piece of advice: "Be like a bee; anything he eats is clean, anything he drops is sweet and any branch he sits upon does not break." (Maxims of Ali; translated by Al-Halal from Nahj-ul-Balagha [in Arabic]; Sh. Muhammad Ashraf, Lahore, Pakistan; p. 436. The Imam Hazrat Ali bin Abi Talib was the son-in-law of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, and the fourth Caliph [644-656 A.C. = 23-24 A.H.].)

The Holy Prophet used to say: "Whoever is kind to the creatures of God, is kind to himself" (Wisdom of Prophet Mohammad; Muhammad Amin; The Lion Press, Lahore, Pakistan; 1945).

Rabi'ya
02-01-2006, 11:09 AM
:sl:

jazakAllah kheir for your answers.

I know generally Muslims dont like pigs coz they think they are dirty animals.

I think pigs are cute and I really like them. my husband thinks its funny, but obviously i cant mention anything in front of my mother in law.

is there anything to say we shouldnt like pigs?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.