/* */

PDA

View Full Version : baby found in bag floating!

S_87
01-31-2006, 03:22 PM
:sl:

Crowds of people have mobbed a hospital in Brazil hoping to adopt a baby girl who was rescued on Saturday from a black plastic bag floating in a lake.
The hospital in Belo Horizonte has been inundated with offers to adopt the two-month-old and telephone lines are jammed, officials said.

Amateur footage of the baby's rescue was broadcast on Brazilian TV, sparking the huge public interest.

The baby's mother was arrested on Sunday but denies attempted murder.

Police said Simone Cassiano da Silva put the baby into a bag, placed her on a wooden board and set her adrfit on Pampulha Lake, 340km (210 miles) north of Rio de Janeiro.

The 27-year-old denied abandoning her baby and said she gave her to a group of homeless people because she did not have enough money to raise the child.

"I couldn't stay with her," da Silva told AP Television News.

"I asked them to leave the baby in some place for me, because I did not want to see it," she said.

Da Silva was arrested after workers at the hospital's maternity ward told police the child had been born there.

The baby was released into the care of local child protection authorities on Monday.

A hospital spokewoman said it was up to the Juvenile Court to decide whether the girl goes to a family or to a shelter.

bbc link where you may also watch rescue

though this may be distressing for some :heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
papa_smurf
01-31-2006, 03:25 PM
A stone hearted mother. What was she thinking:rant: .

fantaxxy_moon
01-31-2006, 03:26 PM
oooh ooh, this is very sad, umm, maybe she got the baby by a haram way, that's why she didn't want it, but she shouldn't have done that, there are so many good ways to solve problems, but not to solve them by dangerous ways:heated:

Rabi'ya
01-31-2006, 03:27 PM
I feel for the mother, she obviously didnt have the support from her family. Maybe she was suffering from Post natal depression.....my heart goes out to people like this..

May Allah protect her and the baby...ameen

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aZn_pLayGurL
01-31-2006, 04:08 PM
oMg some ppl out there would do absolutely anyting 2 get pregnant... and this mother had 2 go and put her babies life in danger *LaKH LaNTeH...ThaUbA AstHaFFar** :rollseyes

Nawal89
01-31-2006, 04:11 PM
It's so sad..did any of you see the picture of the baby? She was just sooo precious. It made me so sad to think anyone could do that to their child. :(

akulion
01-31-2006, 04:14 PM
this story is nothing compared to the story in 1998 i believe it was

where in the UK in London a mother put her baby in the microwave oven and cooked it to death

she claimed she didnt have enough money to support the baby....

yea righttt

fantaxxy_moon
01-31-2006, 04:23 PM
oh yuck, this all is very disgusting
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
this story is nothing compared to the story in 1998 i believe it was

where in the UK in London a mother put her baby in the microwave oven and cooked it to death

she claimed she didnt have enough money to support the baby....

yea righttt

akulion
01-31-2006, 04:25 PM
yea i know there was another story where they found 2 babies in the garbage in the UK as well but that story is really old even b4 1998

edil
01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Alhamdulilah for being a muslim because all these things are prevented from us.

Rabi'ya
01-31-2006, 04:37 PM
there are still women who do suffer from post natal depression, being Muslim does not eradicate such things. I suggest this woman had no support and felt very alone following the birth of her child. We should always try to support new mohters to prevernt this from happening in our community.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

MetSudaisTwice
01-31-2006, 04:39 PM
salam
may allah guide us all to the straight path and ease the conditions of the ummah worlwide inshallah
wasalam

afriend2
01-31-2006, 04:56 PM
salaam,

mashAllah the baby is safe now! she is so cute :wub:
may Allah save us from these situations!

wassalam

sapphire
01-31-2006, 06:25 PM
awwwww subhanallah!!!!!well allhamdulilah shes safe....may we all be saved from doing such things...and sis Rabi'ya is right...we dont know how the mother was feeling......

- Qatada -
01-31-2006, 07:12 PM
:salamext:

Kill not your children for fear of want: We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you. Verily the killing of them is a great sin.
(17:31)

:wasalamex

Eliwen
01-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Alhumdullilah the baby is OK. But if the mother didn't wan't the baby why not give her up for adoption?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.