/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the salafs about the Khilafah

IslamHayati
04-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Salam alaikum,

Has anyone got any materials about what the salafs said about the Khilafah?

Salam alaikum
Fatima

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-04-2005, 06:10 PM
can i just ask: who or what is a salaf?

Brother_Mujahid
04-04-2005, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed687
can i just ask: who or what is a salaf?
a follower of the quran and sunnah, icluding the companions of the prophet and the best of the three generations: the tabi'een and the tabi tabi'een may Allah have mercy on them all.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-04-2005, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamHayati
Salam alaikum,

Has anyone got any materials about what the salafs said about the Khilafah?

Salam alaikum
Fatima
:sl:
Tell me if the following links help.
http://salafipublications.com/sps/sp...subsection.cfm
http://www.allaahuakbar.net/rulers/index.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamHayati
04-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Salam alaikum,

By Salaf I ment first 3 generations of muslims - sahabah, tabieen and taba at tabieen.

Thx for the link Ill have a look :)

IslamHayati
04-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Salams

The links werent actually what i searched for. I wanted some quotations of early schoolars on the Khilafah. For ex. Ibn Khaldun said that "The Khilafah is the crown of obligations."

Salamz
Fatima

IslamHayati
04-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Fard of the Khilafah by Scholars

Imam ash-Shawkaani wrote in his book "Tafseer al-Qur'an al-Atheem", volume 2, page 215: "It is known from Islam by necessity (bi-dharoorah - i.e.: like prayer and fasting) that Islam has forbidden division amongst Muslims and the segregation of their land".

The well renowned Imam Hassan Al-Mawardi(ra) in his book "AlAahkam Al-Sultaniyah" page 9 says: "It is forbidden for the Ummah to have two Imams (leaders) at the same time."

Imam An-Nawawi in his book "Mughni Al-Muhtaj", volume 4, page 132 says: "It is forbidden to give an oath to two Imams or more, even in different parts of the world and even if they are far apart". He also stated in his book, "Sharhu Sahih Muslim" (explanation of Sahih Muslim) chapter 12 page 231, "If a baya'a were taken for two Khalifahs one after the other, the baya'a of the first one would be valid and it should be fulfilled and honoured whereas the baya'a of the second would be invalid, and it would be forbidden to honour it. This is the right opinion which the majority of scholars follow, and they agree that it would be forbidden to appoint two Khalifah's at one given time, no matter how great and extended the Islamic lands become".

The Imam Ibnu Hazm in his book "Al-Muhalla", volume 4, page 360 says: "It is unlawful to have more than one Imam in the whole of the world".

Al-Imam Al-Juzieri, an expert on the Fiqh of the four great schools of thought said regarding the four Imams, "...It is forbidden for Muslims to have two Imams in the world whether in agreement or discord." From: "Fiqh ul-Mathahib ul- Arba'a" (the fiqh of the four schools of thought), volume 5, page 416.

Abu Hafs Umar al-Nasafi (rh.a.) a noted scholar of the 6th century Hijri states; "The Muslims simply must have an Imam (Khaleefah), who will execute the rules, establish the Hudud (penal system), defend the frontiers, equip the armies, collect Zakah, punish those who rebel (against the state) and those who spy and highwaymen, establish Jum'ah and the two 'Eids, settle the dispute among the servants (of Allah), accept the testimony of witnesses in matters of legal rights, give in marriage the young and the poor who have no family, and distribute the booty".

Imam Al-Juzayri, an expert on the Fiqh of the four great schools of thought said regarding the four Imams, "The Imams (scholars of the four schools of thought- Shafi'i, Hanafi, Maliki, Hanbali)- may Allah have mercy on them- agree that the Imamah (Leadership) is an obligation, and that the Muslims must appoint an Imam who would implement the deen's rites, and give the oppressed justice against the oppressors". ("Fiqh ul-Mathahib ul- Arba'a" [the Fiqh of the four schools of thought], volume 5, page 416.)

Imam al-Haythami said, "It is known that the Sahabah (r.a.h) consented that selecting the Imaam after the end of the era of Prophethood was an obligation (Wajib). Indeed they made it (more) important than the (other) obligations whilst they were busy with it over the burial of the Prophet (saw)". (al-Haythami in Sawaa'iq ul-haraqah:17.)

Imam al-Qurtubi (may Allah have mercy on him) said in his Tafseer of the verse, "Indeed, man is made upon this earth a Khaleefah" (TMQ 2:30) that: "This Ayah is a source in the selection of an Imaam, and a Khaleefah, he is listened to and he is obeyed, for the world is united through him, and the Ahkam (laws) of the Khaleefah are implemented through him, and there is no difference regarding the obligation of that between the Ummah, nor between the Imams except what is narrated about al-A’sam, the Mu'tazzili (a deviant group)...". (Tafseer ul-Qurtubi 264/1.)

Imam al-Qurturbi (may Allah have mercy on him) said, "The Khilafah is the pillar upon which other pillars rest".

Imam an-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said, "(The scholars) consented that it is an obligation upon the Muslims to select a Khaleefah". (Sharhu Sahih Muslim page 205 vol 12)

Imam Ahmed (rh.a.) said: "The Fitna (mischief and tribuulations) occurs when there is no Imaam established over the affairs of the people".

Ali ibn abi Taalib (r.a.) said, "The people will not be straightened except by an Imaam (Khaleefah), whether he is good or bad". (Bayhaqi, No. 14286, Kanz ul-ummal)

Abdullah ibn 'Umar (r.a.) said "The people in the Ummah will not suffer even if they were oppressors and sinful if the rulers were guided and were guiding. But the people in the Ummah will suffer and perish even if they were guided and were guiding if the rulers were oppressors and sinful". (Abu Nu'aim narrated in 'Hulayat Awliyyah.)

'Umar ibn al-Khattab (r.a.) said, "There is no Islam without a community, and there is no community without a leadership, and there is no authoruty without hearing and obeying".

The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said "If you see my Ummah afraid of telling the oppressor: You are an oppressor, it is farewell to the ummah" - [Ahmad, Tabarani, Al-Hakim and Al-Baihaqi]

Abu Shamah had narrated, via the Sanad of Abi Ziyad bin Hudayr, saying: "Omar said to me: Do you know what destroys Islam? I said, No! He said: A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray".

Imaam al-Ghazali (may Allah have mercy on him) when writing of the potential consequences of losing the Khilafah said, "The judgements will be suspended, the Wilayaat (provinces) will be nullified, ... the decrees of those in authority will not be executed and all the people will be on the verge of Haraam". (al Iqtisaad fil Itiqaad page 240.)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.