PDA

View Full Version : On Allah We Rely..!

hidaayah
02-01-2006, 09:39 AM
On Allah We Rely*

By Sheikh Sayed Qutb**
Translated by `Adil Salahi***

Dec. 13, 2005

(Never say about anything, “I shall do this tomorrow,” without adding, “if God so wills.” Should you forget, then call your Lord to mind and say, “I pray that my Lord will guide me even closer than this towhat is right.”) (Al-Kahf 18:23–24)

Every action a human being does or omits to do, indeed every breath a human being takes, is subject to God’s will. The curtains hiding the future are stretched in full so as to hide everything beyond the present moment. Our eyes cannot discern what is behind that curtain, and our minds are finite, no matter how advanced our knowledge may be.
Hence a human being must never say that he is definitely doing something tomorrow unless he attaches his intention to God’s will. This is because tomorrow belongs to the realm that lies beyond the reach of human perception. As such, it is known only to God. Hence, we do not make any assertion about it.

This does not mean that man should be fatalistic, giving no thought to the future and making no plans for it. He should not live for the present moment, cutting himself off from his past and future. No, this is not what the directive implies. Rather, what is implied is that every human being must make an allowance for what God may will in his case. He may intend to do whatever he wants, always seeking God’s help, feeling that His will is in full control of everything. It may well be however that God may decide something different to what he intends. Should God help him to put into effect what he intends, then all well and good. But if God’s will moves in a different direction, he should not despair or be sad. All matters belong to God at the beginning and at the end.

What this means in practice is that every person should think and plan as they wish, but they must always remember to rely on God’s help and guidance. They should realize that they only have the faculties of thinking and deliberation God has given them. This should not lead to laziness or disinterestedness. On the contrary, it should give us more strength, confidence, reassurance and resolve. Should events reveal that God’s will has moved in a direction different to what we planned, we should accept this with contentedness and reassurance. We submit to God’s will, because it is beyond our knowledge until God makes it known.
This is the method Islam instills into the minds of its followers. Hence a Muslim does not feel alone when he plans or thinks of the future. Neither does he show any conceit or arrogance when he succeeds, nor is he overtaken by depression and despair when he fails. In all situations, he remembers God, feeling stronger for relying on Him, expressing gratitude to Him for his success, resigned for whatever God’s will may determine.

(Should you forget, then call your Lord to mind) (Al-Kahf 18:24). This is what a Muslim should do when he forgets to relate his intentions to God’s will. He should remember God and renew his reliance on Him. He should also hope to remain always conscious of God, turning to Him in all situations and all future actions, always saying (I pray that my Lord will guide me even closer than this to what is right) (Al-Kahf 18:24).
This short prayer indicates that it is not so easy to always turn to God in all affairs. Hence the prayer to try always to maintain it and improve on one’s situation.
SOURCE: http://islamonline.net/english/Quran...rticle01.shtml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
02-01-2006, 10:28 AM
:sl:
Wow masha-Allah:). Some quality islamic advice! I really enjoyed reading that, barak-Allahu feekum.
:w::rose::peace:

MetSudaisTwice
02-01-2006, 10:33 AM
salam
mashallah such a great and beneficial article, jazakallah for sharing sis
wasalam

sapphire
02-01-2006, 10:38 AM
mashallah!!!tht is so true..i realise many times if i forget to say inshallah things tend to not happen!jazakallah for that!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
02-01-2006, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
mashallah!!!tht is so true..i realise many times if i forget to say inshallah things tend to not happen!jazakallah for that!!
I think I once read this hadith about how someone asked the Rasul (SAW) a question, and told the person that he would let them know tomrrow, thinking Allah SwT would bestow him with the answer. However the answer did not come to him until days later when he said 'insha-Allah'. May Allah forgive me if i'm incorrect, ameen.
:w::rose::peace:

aZn_pLayGurL
02-01-2006, 04:24 PM
*ma$hallah*** :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.