/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How much water do you drink? be honest

sonz
02-01-2006, 01:16 PM
salama

water has many great health benefits even if its tap water.

how much do u drink everyday and if u dont drink that much water, why?

masalama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
02-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Ive never been a very thirsty person. I only drink about 2 glasses of juice a day. rarely fizzy drinks. mostly juice or water

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

sonz
02-01-2006, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
Ive never been a very thirsty person. I only drink about 2 glasses of juice a day. rarely fizzy drinks. mostly juice or water

2 glasses only??? dont u get dehydrated even tho u think ur not thirsty.

MetSudaisTwice
02-01-2006, 01:19 PM
salam
how many pints a glass can hold? i normally drink at least 9-10 glasses of water a day
wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nawal89
02-01-2006, 01:20 PM
i drink 2 glasses a day sometiems even less. But i drink orange juice and milk too.. does that count? lol
My mom tells me i'll be having wrinkles before thirty ;D

Rabi'ya
02-01-2006, 01:23 PM
no i dont get dehydrated. some days i drink lots coz i get thirsty :)

mohakem
02-01-2006, 01:25 PM
As salamu alikum

I must drink close to 2 litres a day. Most of the time being flavoured water (cause water on its own is too plain!)

Wa alikum salam

Mawaddah
02-01-2006, 01:33 PM
I drink about a gallon of water a day
I dont like soft drinks or juices or anything, water for me!! ;)

DaSangarTalib
02-01-2006, 01:35 PM
:sl:

Alhamdullilah! i drink buckets of water :) ... i cant get enuff of it...it tastes beautiful..Subhanna'Allah!

afriend
02-01-2006, 01:36 PM
well i've been asked to drink a lot more water a day.....

I drink like 2-5 glasses, but depends really.

MetSudaisTwice
02-01-2006, 01:37 PM
salam
only 2-5 glasses??
wasalam

Halima
02-01-2006, 01:39 PM

One is supposed to drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day.

Nawal89
02-01-2006, 01:46 PM
^My problem is i dont LIKE water. I have to try to drink more though.

Tilmeez
02-01-2006, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

One is supposed to drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day.

what about u how much do u drink??:?

I drink 12-18 glasses of water a day.;D I don't feel thirst but due to the recommedations of Doctors i do so.:okay:

aZn_pLayGurL
02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
i DrinK bWt nO WATER all i Hav is *ReD BuLL... DieT CoKe n oaSiS** No water :D

Halima
02-01-2006, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez

what about u how much do u drink??:?

Subhnallah I drink about 2 gallons of water a day Wallahi. I think the main reason why I do that is becuase I don't drink juices or sodas. Only water alhamdulilah. There is a trick to see if one is dehydrated or not. If you pinch your skin and its like a prune then your dehydrated. Otherwise if your skin has alot of fliuid when you pinch it then you are not dehydrated.

I drink 12-18 glasses of water a day.;D I don't feel thirst but due to the recommedations of Doctors i do so.:okay:
Alhamdulilah that's all that counts.

" An apple a day keeps the doctor away".

ashamin
02-01-2006, 05:12 PM
heya there, i'm not a water person! i'm just 2 addicted to the diet coke just fills my thirst! the most i'd have is 1 glass of water a day

Ghazi
02-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Salaam

Only time my mouth touches pure water is when I do wudo.

afriend2
02-01-2006, 06:03 PM
salaam,

sis no water? i cannot stand many fizzy drinks, but i love water! i dont drink as much as i used to, but i have abour 5/6 glasses a day. :)

wassalam

~Mischa~
02-01-2006, 07:40 PM
if i'm gonna go out somewhere, i dunt drink at all :S.. cuz i hate using public toilets.

otherwise i drink about 6/7 glasses a day.

Snowflake
02-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I can't bear the taste of tap water unless it's ice cold. So winters are cool for that in the UK. Some days I don't drink any at all which is really bad. When I do drink it, I squeeze lemon juice in it.. lovely.

Btw, did you know drinking too much water is dangerous?

When you read about people who die or get kidney damage “from drinking too much water” you are only hearing half of the story. The other half of the story is often overlooked. These people die or are seriously injured internally from over-hydration with insufficient replacement of sodium, which is called dilutional hyponatremia.

It's best to stick to 6-8 glasses a day.

Tasneem
02-01-2006, 10:36 PM
ATLEAST 8 cups a day inshallah

SaLaMz

Tasneem
02-01-2006, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed
I can't bear the taste of tap water unless it's ice cold. So winters are cool for that in the UK. Some days I don't drink any at all which is really bad. When I do drink it, I squeeze lemon juice in it.. lovely.

Btw, did you know drinking too much water is dangerous?

When you read about people who die or get kidney damage “from drinking too much water” you are only hearing half of the story. The other half of the story is often overlooked. These people die or are seriously injured internally from over-hydration with insufficient replacement of sodium, which is called dilutional hyponatremia.

It's best to stick to 6-8 glasses a day.

Me neither i hate tap water

Al-Hamdudillah,me and my family drink poland spring water

If my mother finds out we had a sip of that tap water

Uh-oh your introuble

Tap water is disgusting you see all that stuff floating around
:rant: Yuck

SaLaMz

Salaam
02-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Salaam,

Unfortunately i don't drink the recommended amount of water which is 8 glasses...

hidaayah
02-02-2006, 01:51 AM
errm me too ^ 4-5 glasses only or less...
wassalam

Umu 'Isa
02-02-2006, 02:25 AM
i drink about 8-10 glasses a day alhumdulillah..

you're supposed to have 1 litre of water for every 25kgs (or 55 pounds) of bodyweight

did you know you can live 3 weeks without food but only 3 days without fluid.
andd if you drink more water you will have less wrinkles :)

Shadow
02-02-2006, 02:28 AM
hmmm interesting indeed
i didnt know about tht wrinkle thingy :p

anyways i drink about 3 glasses a day :(
the prob is tht i follow my thirst and i drink only when im thirsty
sometimes when im thirsty, i intend to drink water but then i forget :p

Sahabiyaat
02-02-2006, 11:30 AM
i dont drink water .

at all

:-\

if theres absolutely no fizzy drinks/ juice in the house, i'll cringe and have a sip

some days i go crazy with water and vow to always drink water...but it never lasts :?

^..sTr!vEr..^
02-02-2006, 11:41 AM
not more than 4 glasses a day..though always plan to increase them..:)

nurul3eyn
02-03-2006, 07:22 AM
salam aleikum
well i dont drink water that much,,,i drink coffee when ever am thirsty for some random reasons and i end up talking really fast and non-stop lol *hyper*

Snowflake
02-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Thing with drinking too much water is, you gotto keep running to the loo. That's really puts me off. But drink a warm cup in the mornings with lemon juice and it cleans ur gut out.

afriend
02-03-2006, 08:09 PM
ewwwww......

Only jokin, as long as it happens at home, or it will become a HUGE problem at school, school toilets are terrible....

Snowflake
02-03-2006, 08:17 PM
True. Btw, are you Fozley bro? :embarrass

Benny
02-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Thing with drinking too much water is, you gotto keep running to the loo. That's really puts me off. But drink a warm cup in the mornings with lemon juice and it cleans ur gut out.
LOL I find that too. I drink 6~8 cups of water a day. I drink one Burbon and water at night after dinner. I rarely drink any soda or juice.

Nasir_bhai
02-03-2006, 08:25 PM

i dont drink much water really, moer of a fizzy drinks, juice (apple) and a warm glass of milk :giggling: hehe. i am trying to drink more water as fizzy drink aint good for you.

Snowflake
02-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Seriously, fizzy pop is so bad that if we knew all the truth about it, we'd def stop drinking it. Can you believe this man actually died from drinking too much fizzy pop due to carbon dioxide poisoning- the gas that makes pop fizzy.

Look at the 2005 Health scares on this site. Really shocking!

http://www.forestonline.org/output/Page297.asp

Khaldun
02-04-2006, 12:00 AM

I LOVE milk loq water i only drink in the abscense of milk so its not very often ;D

Snowflake
02-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Me too! I often have milk instead of water with my dinner. Especially if it's ghosht palak or saag with buttered roti.

lchoudhury86
02-04-2006, 12:15 AM
1/2 glass for the 2 main meals a day r usually enough for me,...thts really bad..not enough at all...i'm obviously not the best of examples juice is next best, fizzy drinks last n milk is a no noo.

nehows for those of us who rnt 2 fond of water its ok... :? (bright idea sparks up) we have an alternative we can all become fruit n vege pplz from now on...

did u know? Fruits and vegetables — besides being good sources of vitamins, minerals and fiber — contain lots of water. For example, oranges are 87 percent water, and cucumbers are 95 percent water.

interesting...

1m@@n
02-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Asalamoalaikum wr wb

i drink water throughout the day...varying from 6-8 glasses...also, i normally sip diluted ribena through the day and night as an extra....

and heres why....some facts i recall from uni.....thought id share them...

1) Researchers believe that ordinary tap water helps reduce the risk of kidney stones.

2) Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of urinary tract and colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

3) It prevents the common cold. Moisture in your throat holds the antibodies that fight off viruses. If you’re even slightly dehydrated, this natural protection disappears.

4) It controls migraines. Without plenty of water, you’re more likely to have an attack.

5) It helps lower "bad" cholesterol. When you’re dehydrated, your blood becomes thick and acidic and can cause damage to arterial walls. Levels of LDL cholesterol rise in response to coat the arterial walls.

6) It may cure asthma. When you’re not getting enough water, your body produces more histamine, which regulates how often your bronchial muscles contract. Drinking water decreases production of histamine, keeping breathing steady.

7) It soothes arthritis pain. Water in the cartilage of your joints acts as a lubricant.

8) A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

9) Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

10) The kidneys can't function properly without enough water. When they don't work to capacity, some of their load is dumped onto the liver. One of the liver's primary functions is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for the body. But, if the liver has to do some of the kidney's work, it can't operate at full throttle. As a result, it metabolizes less fat, more fat remains stored in the body and weight loss stops.

11) Drinking enough water is the best treatment for fluid retention. When the body gets less water, it perceives this as a threat to survival and begins to hold onto every drop. Water is stored in extra cellular spaces outside the cells. This shows up as swollen feet, legs and hands.

The best way to overcome the problem of water retention is to give the body what it needs: plenty of water. Only then will stored water be released.

12) Water helps to maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration. It also helps to prevent the sagging skin that usually follows weight loss. Shrinking cells are buoyed by water, which plumps the skin and leaves it clear, healthy and resilient.

13) Water helps rid the body of waste. During weight loss, the body has a lot more waste to get rid of. All that metabolized fat must be shed. Again, adequate water helps flush out waste.

14) Water can relieve constipation. When the body gets too little water, it siphons what it needs from internal forces. The colon is one primary source. Result? Constipation. But when a person drinks enough water, normal bowel function usually returns.

Drinkkk plennntyyyy of waterrrrr.......a natural cure for many health disorders......inshaAllah

Walaikum Asalaam wr wb

Snowflake
02-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Wow sis! That was really interesting to read. I'm def gonna start drinking more water from now on. Er.. from tomorrow I mean :*)

nurul3eyn
02-04-2006, 01:37 AM
*drinking water at the moment*
thanx for the article sis :):)

Snowflake
02-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I still havent managed to drink more water :(

Oh btw, dehydration can make you eat more. Cuz, we can mistake thirst for hunger (really).

ishkabab
02-08-2006, 04:51 PM
4 to 6...trying to drink more...WATER is 1 of the BEST creations Allah has made!!!!!!!alhamdulilah

Snowflake
02-09-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm so happy today. I managed to drink almost a litre of water lol :statisfie

BlissfullyJaded
02-10-2006, 01:02 AM

Erm...2 or 3 glasses a day...max.. :p

Snowflake
02-10-2006, 11:44 AM
^ Sis, get a bigger glass :giggling: You can still drink 2-3 glasses but more water that way hehehe.. I've got a jug of lemon water on my desk today :statisfie

1m@@n
02-10-2006, 07:44 PM
^ Sis, get a bigger glass :giggling: You can still drink 2-3 glasses but more water that way hehehe.. I've got a jug of lemon water on my desk today :statisfie
mashaAllah Nadia sisoo...ki haal ai mere choniii monii pehnn

chal pehn hojai ek? chal mere vaastay vi eik glass banaa...vich tandee tandee baraff paa keh.....**AAAcchhooooooOOOOOo!**

I think i overdone it with this water buizz 2day...my tummy hurtss n i feel like all my organs r floatin inside me n cryin out savee me saveee meee im drowning arghhh!!...lolz

walaikum asalaam wr wb

UmmKhadi
02-10-2006, 07:46 PM
I drink maybe two liters or something. Somedays more, some days less...

Nasir_bhai
02-11-2006, 03:35 PM
i love duud (milk). it is so tasty. yummy yum. im like duud man :giggling:

Nawal89
02-11-2006, 03:49 PM
^me too.. i can drink milk all the time. My mom always yelling at me because she ends up having to buy 4 gallons a week. ;D

Al-Hanbali
02-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah
Brothers and sisters,how you do you drink so much water. I just about manage 1 glass of water. da only time i drink a lot is after iv been playing footy. Its all about fruit juices. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Al-Hanbali
02-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Milk taste plain and like water. I like flavoured milk (you know wat i mean)
MILKSHAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1m@@n
02-11-2006, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alam7i
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah
Brothers and sisters,how you do you drink so much water. I just about manage 1 glass of water. da only time i drink a lot is after iv been playing footy. Its all about fruit juices. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
hmmm bruv, cos u only drink 1 glass of water ur body will be used to that amount, and when u drink more u may feel a lil bloated...(i do when i drink more than my body is used to)

maybe u shud try steadily increasing d amount of water u drink and let ur body adapt inshaAllah...

mashaAllah fresh fruit juice is veryyyyyyy good for you..oh that reminds me dun forget ur 5 daily portions of FRUIT n Veg tooooo.......wow we all gna be way healthy !!!

**smiles **

MetSudaisTwice
02-11-2006, 04:14 PM
salam
eh?? 1 glass??:? :?
and edit your post to add further replies:rant:
wasalam

1m@@n
02-11-2006, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
^me too.. i can drink milk all the time. My mom always yelling at me because she ends up having to buy 4 gallons a week. ;D
MmMmMm nothin like a glass of cold milk wid a slice of toast in the morning n before bedtime....yummy!

1m@@n
02-11-2006, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
eh?? 1 glass??:? :?
and edit your post to add further replies:rant:
wasalam
oooopsssssssss a daisy...sorryyyy bruv.... il remember 4 next time inshaALlah

Al-Hanbali
02-11-2006, 04:17 PM
I absolutele looooooooooooovvvvvvvveeee fruit. Give me any fruit and its gone in a sec. Im not too keeen on veg though

1m@@n
02-11-2006, 04:18 PM
I absolutele looooooooooooovvvvvvvveeee fruit. Give me any fruit and its gone in a sec. Im not too keeen on veg though
well on behalf of ur ammijaan...son u gna have to eat more green sprouts!!!!!

Al-Hanbali
02-11-2006, 04:21 PM
what how can i . It tastes:uhwhat . I know we should not say anything bad about food but da only vegs which i can munch on are cucumbers.

MetSudaisTwice
02-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Salam
OFF TOPIC!!!!
please stay on topic
wasalam

1m@@n
02-11-2006, 04:24 PM
how can i . It tastes nang. I know we should not say anything bad about food but da only vegs which i can munch on are cucumbers.
lolz...they aint to bad ...just think of how good they r for you...did u know u get vit K from green vegs! yep so just think of that next time ur eating ur greenyyyy vegs!!

Al-Hanbali
02-11-2006, 04:31 PM
My mums always screaming as well. EAT VEGIES THEY ARE GOOD FOR>

maryam (",)
02-11-2006, 04:31 PM
about 3 litres of water a day
love it ice cold
tho, makes u run 2 the loo loads...lol

Al-Hanbali
02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
What :? :rollseyes 3 litres of water.

afriend2
02-11-2006, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam (",)

tho, makes u run 2 the loo loads...lol
salaam,

lol ;D i bet it does. but mashAllah water is good for you!

wassalam

The Ruler
02-11-2006, 06:36 PM
i dunno how much i drink in a day but wot i do no is dat i gotta drink more water now cuz im gettin dehydrated :heated: i drank too much strong coffee in the past few days :X

afriend
02-11-2006, 06:48 PM
True. Btw, are you Fozley bro? :embarrass
So very terribly sorry, I have a problem in replying quickly and effeciently to posts....

So please forgive my late reply.

Yes, I am brother Fozley, now known as Iqram....cos i like this name better than my Main name.

Well, if ur a bangladeshi/asian then u will understand the concept of having 2 types of names.

Type 1: Nickname, also known as the Petname, Unofficial and usually just used at home.

Type 2: Main name, OFFICIAL, used everywhere, at school, on your passport....If u get what i mean.....

Also, is there a way to force feed yourself more water, for example, forcing yourself to drink 8 glases of water.

Any techniques?

(i know this sounds really silly)

edil
02-11-2006, 07:00 PM
I drink about 4-6 glass of water a day.

1m@@n
02-12-2006, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

Also, is there a way to force feed yourself more water, for example, forcing yourself to drink 8 glases of water.

Any techniques?

asalamoalaikum akhi...

Dont over do it by drinking loads of water all in one go, especially if ur body aint used to 6-8 glasses as a daily intake.

gradually increase ur intake of water on a daily basis...and before you know it you will be drinking sufficient levels of water inshaAllah....

Walaikum Asalaam wr wb

BlissfullyJaded
02-12-2006, 02:44 AM

I tried that long ago, I only drank a half a glass then. Made me feel so pathethic. Sounds nicer this way, to say I drink 2-3 glasses. :D

Snowflake
02-12-2006, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE]
format_quote Originally Posted by sister 1maan uk
mashaAllah Nadia sisoo...ki haal ai mere choniii monii pehnn

chal pehn hojai ek? chal mere vaastay vi eik glass banaa...vich tandee tandee baraff paa keh.....**AAAcchhooooooOOOOOo!**
:giggling: Hehe that cheered me up in the early morning. I could start rapping! Alhumdulillahhhhhhhhhh sis enni waddi nich mari aa sis, tere kannan wichon dhooaan nikal aaya hoye ga. Meri behn, I'll hav one more glass for you. But you know I had to add a teabag, sugar and milk to this one :happy:

I think i overdone it with this water buizz 2day...my tummy hurtss n i feel like all my organs r floatin inside me n cryin out savee me saveee meee im drowning arghhh!!...lolz
Looooolz sis ;D Hayeee sis imagine you had holes in you, you'd look like a watering can lololol. Eat a donut sis, ur organs will think you threw a life-bouy in rofl!!!

1m@@n
02-12-2006, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=Nadia Waheed;181615]

Looooolz sis ;D Hayeee sis imagine you had holes in you, you'd look like a watering can lololol. Eat a donut sis, ur organs will think you threw a life-bouy in rofl!!!
hahahaha...mai araeee aa pooray mahalai di plants nu water karan...minnoo watering can banaa dittaaa...LOLZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

hahaahaaaa...donut ne saraa panii absorb karr lainaaa fir tidd ainaa wadaa hojanaa...lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sisssss minoo ainaa hasayaa na karrr...i gotta rush 2 looo **YIKESSS***

Nasir_bhai
02-12-2006, 12:24 PM
does anyone like fruitshoot?

Snowflake
02-12-2006, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=sister 1maan uk;181678]

hahahaha...mai araeee aa pooray mahalai di plants nu water karan...minnoo watering can banaa dittaaa...LOLZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

hahaahaaaa...donut ne saraa panii absorb karr lainaaa fir tidd ainaa wadaa hojanaa...lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sisssss minoo ainaa hasayaa na karrr...i gotta rush 2 looo **YIKESSS***
Lolzzz ahho oyee acha fer throw some Polo's in instead. But first paint little red sections on them like that ;D

I can't drink water today. Can't bear the thought of it :heated:

afriend
02-12-2006, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nasir_bhai
does anyone like fruitshoot?
Yes....well i used to, but now.....

But anyways, what's wrong with it?

Snowflake
02-12-2006, 04:44 PM
So bro Iqram have you managed to drink more water? I forgot to say that if you don't like the taste, try adding some lemon juice to it. It tastes loads better.

maryam (",)
02-12-2006, 10:01 PM
What :? :rollseyes 3 litres of water.
yup 3 litres...took sum getting used to, felt like i was perpetually floating...could even hear d water gushing thru my system :) but it's a whole lot better now

maryam (",)
02-12-2006, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
So very terribly sorry, I have a problem in replying quickly and effeciently to posts....

So please forgive my late reply.

Yes, I am brother Fozley, now known as Iqram....cos i like this name better than my Main name.

Well, if ur a bangladeshi/asian then u will understand the concept of having 2 types of names.

Type 1: Nickname, also known as the Petname, Unofficial and usually just used at home.

Type 2: Main name, OFFICIAL, used everywhere, at school, on your passport....If u get what i mean.....

Any techniques?

keep a whole lotta 500ml water bottles in d fridge and just help urself 2 them during the day...
why not try eating salted popcorn...that will surely have u reaching for sumthing 2 drink...
else sumthing equally dry like peanut butter on salty crackers....haven't tried it, but hey it shud work :)

maryam (",)
02-12-2006, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
salaam,

lol ;D i bet it does. but mashAllah water is good for you!

wassalam

ws
good for the skin as well ;)

mehnaz
02-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Salaam,

i drink atleast 1 1/2 litres of water everyday...i think thats absolutely essential...

W'salaam

Sanobar
02-18-2006, 10:36 AM
at least 10 glasses daily. ;)

handhuvar
02-28-2006, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
salama

masalama

i drink few glasses of water but lot of juice. sometimes i feel very thirsty
it depends on the things we eat

Ibrar
02-28-2006, 03:30 PM
I Drink about 6-8 Glasses a Day!!

*Umm_Umar*
07-27-2006, 07:35 AM
6-7 Glassed a day.
However, if i'm going to be out for the day, i try not to drink too much as i hate and never use public toilets unless its at the mosque or college.

amirah_87
07-30-2006, 03:24 PM
ass salaamu alaykum...

interesting to see sum ppl hate water!!!..LOL!!

I drink quite a lot of water that i loose count of how much i drink daily!, especially now in the summer....
i have this habit though...it's weird but does me good :p
every time i come out of the toilet i have to drink a glass of water...:?:?
i know :heated:...weird right:hiding:...but i just feel thirsty!!!

i luv water.!!..all this water talk has made my throat go dry....i swear!!! :D:D

take care guys:peace:

REPSTER
07-30-2006, 04:17 PM

Same here love water i drink 2L a day:brother:

First i didnt like it ,i used to drink like 10 cans a day and had alot of
spots now alhamdulillah i have started to drink alot of water and they have all gone:coolbro:

firdaw
07-30-2006, 05:26 PM
I am always thristy so i drink a lot of water usually about 2 to three glasses

*Ladan*
07-30-2006, 06:17 PM
8 glasses a day? I dont even think i have 8 glasses a week. Water is boring:D
WHERE IS MY COKE????

SirZubair
07-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I drink a couple of glasses of water a day, if that.

I used to be an energydrinkaholic.

From today, i've got to drink alot more water, because i am starting my 'Usana 5 Day Reset Program ;) Wish me luck.

mysterious
07-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Asalam Alaikum about 3-4 glasses a day usually when am eating
dont drink water much cause i prefer soda/juice

imran_c
07-31-2006, 01:06 PM

is this plain water or water with orange in like orange squash??

if water plain its incompatable with me :heated:

if its water with sqash its just right ;D

lol which one then ill vote.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-31-2006, 01:07 PM
i try drink water as much as i can inshaAllah.

i selected a few glasses inc flavoured

Sweet_Boy
07-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Sometimes i drink from like a bottle big massive mineral ones , since i cant be bothered going to the sink and back for a glass or 2 , or even to the kitchen for other drinks

amirah_87
07-31-2006, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Ladan*
8 glasses a day? I dont even think i have 8 glasses a week. Water is boring:D
WHERE IS MY COKE????

ass salaamu alaykum

:ooh: your makin' my kidneys hurt and go weak :offended:

......darling!!, you have got to drink more water!!:sister:

Sweet_Boy
07-31-2006, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

:ooh: your makin' my kidneys hurt and go weak :offended:

......darling!!, you have got to drink more water!!:sister:
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooolllll !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

fou_lafine
07-31-2006, 04:15 PM
I drink like 2-5 glasses, but depends my emotion.

if i sad,i drink like 10-11 glasses a day,hahhahahahhah

but if i happy,i drink like 2-5 glasses a day,

my favorite drink is water hehheheh only that.

*Umm_Umar*
07-31-2006, 05:45 PM

Those of you who barely drink water.. Don't you get headaches? especially in this weather.

mlsh27
07-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Ok, to those who said they drink 2 gallons a day..yeah right! If you did, you would get water poisoning. I drink a good 8-10 cups a day-I have to where I live. Also, if you are thirsty, that means you are already slightly dehydrated. To those of you who prefer soda- it takes 16 ozs of water for every 8 ozs of soda you drink to rehydrate.

mysterious
07-31-2006, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ally~

Those of you who barely drink water.. Don't you get headaches? especially in this weather.
yeah i do sometimes but then i go drinking water...

umm-sulaim
08-01-2006, 07:08 AM
I love water, but still i don't have the required amount...i dunno its like you don't really think of drinking 8 glasses a day its quite mind boggling!, i don't drink that falvoured stuff, or fizzy drinks..only very rarely
Just gotta start drinking more inshaAllah....

mlsh27
08-04-2006, 06:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
I love water, but still i don't have the required amount...i dunno its like you don't really think of drinking 8 glasses a day its quite mind boggling!, i don't drink that falvoured stuff, or fizzy drinks..only very rarely
Just gotta start drinking more inshaAllah....
LOL! Where I live, it's constantly on everyone's mind to drink at least 8 glasses a day...we are even reminded in the news!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-08-2006, 05:41 PM
waterz juz ma finggggggg man, it da bomb :p luv it.. i drink quite abit, but lately i bin forgettin :(

snakelegs
08-08-2006, 07:22 PM
believe it or not, i actually drink several gallons of water a day - which is more than anyone i know. i am lucky - i prefer water to any other drink.

afriend
08-08-2006, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
Ok, to those who said they drink 2 gallons a day..yeah right! If you did, you would get water poisoning. I drink a good 8-10 cups a day-I have to where I live. Also, if you are thirsty, that means you are already slightly dehydrated. To those of you who prefer soda- it takes 16 ozs of water for every 8 ozs of soda you drink to rehydrate.
unless it's gatorade ;)

REPSTER
08-08-2006, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
believe it or not, i actually drink several gallons of water a day - which is more than anyone i know. i am lucky - i prefer water to any other drink.
Cool bro thats good:brother:

I just drank a litre of water now;D

Abdul Fattah
08-08-2006, 07:27 PM
How much 's a pint?
Depend s on my activitys, sometimes up to a bottle (1L) a day sometimes more sometimes less.

Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 07:28 PM
All i know is a drink alot of water, teas, and occasional orange juice, i stay away from soda and other artificial drinks.

afriend
08-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Got back from cycling a mile about 20 mins ago......Not feeling very thirsty though :?

The gift of gatorade :D

08-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I only drink about 2 glasses of water every day but i usually have loads of milk.... mmmm :D

mlsh27
08-12-2006, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
Like I said above, if you truly drank "gallons" of water a day, you would get water poisoning...

Najiullah
08-12-2006, 11:55 PM
i drink atleast 3 litres of water everyday.

Hijaabi22
08-13-2006, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
salama

masalama
i never ever drink water i jus cant get myself to hate it , not gud 4 ma skin ..beginnin 2 show now :omg:

rizwana87
08-13-2006, 08:01 PM
i dont drink tht much water either, probly a few glasses if not even tht much...

Yanal
08-30-2007, 02:06 AM
:sl: :sl:
I drink only water in lunch rarely in dinner mostly pepsi or coke:) might get sick dought+o(

جوري
08-30-2007, 02:21 AM
there is such a thing as water intoxication on the long run may cause>>>>>>>>>>>> death!.. thus everything needs to be in moderation!
6-8 glasses a day and try not to do it so close to your bed time.. in fact I recommend everyone ceases eating anything after 8:00PM outside of Ramadan of course!

Ummu Sufyaan
08-30-2007, 03:01 AM
about 2-5. depends on how thirsty i am. the way i look at it is that if im thirsty than thats my body telling me it needs water. if i don't get thirsy, then it means my body is okay. so im not gonna shove 8 glasses down my throat for no reason, and risk going to the toilet every 1/2 hour. :D

Abdul-Raouf
08-30-2007, 03:10 AM
I drink close to 1.5 to 2 litres during winter... and about 3litres during summer

syilla
08-30-2007, 03:14 AM
i'm currently water dieting...cause it makes me feel bloated.

i drink only when i'm thirsty...

i drink about 4-5 of glasses of plain water. I love drinking water...

Abdul-Raouf
08-30-2007, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
I drink close to 1.5 to 2 litres during winter... and about 3litres during summer

For me actually it depends on temperature... in winter its about 30-35 degree celcius (86-95 F) ... and in summer its ..40-45 degree celcius (104-113 F)..and i drink more...

Al-Zaara
08-30-2007, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
For me actually it depends on temperature... in winter its about 30-35 degree celcius (86-95 F) ... and in summer its ..40-45 degree celcius (104-113 F)..and i drink more...
Selam aleykum,

What a cold winter you've got there. loq. But mashaAllah it's good you drink so much water.

I actually don't drink that much. I love water but drink a few glasses a day. I should drink much much more but imsad I just... Forget. :uuh:

unknown_JJ
08-30-2007, 03:10 PM
yeh i dont drink much water ..somtymz liv on haf a galss a day and som dayz up 2 2/3ish :S

nadia85
08-30-2007, 03:25 PM
I try and drink water if it s a hot day I will drink may b 2-3 glasses

Woodrow
08-30-2007, 03:40 PM
some interesting things about water. remember like many things the secret is to drink the amount you actually need. Too much or too little are both harmful.

Yes, it is possible for a person to drink too much water. It is called water intoxication. What happens is the sodium level in the blood reaches very low levels (because of dilution by excess water which can only be excreted in the urine, sweat or breath). This disturbs water balance in the brain, which can cause epileptic seizures and even death.

Research has shown that a person can safely drink up to 10 liters of water a day. That would equal 10 one-liter bottles of water. An exception would be persons with kidney disease who are limited in the amount of water they can drink per day. Persons with bladder infections benefit from increasing their water intake.
Also the type of water is important. the popular "PURE" bottled waters may not be as healthy as people think they are.

With regards to water ratings, one comparison would be based on hard versus softened water. Hard water contains minerals, soft water doesn't and may have higher sodium content. Research has found that minerals in hard water, though not in the most absorbable form, are better for your cardiovascular system (heart).

The second comparison would be based on tap versus bottled water including water coolers. Since many people are drinking bottled water, they may not be getting fluoride provided by fluoridated city water. Fluoride helps make teeth calcium harder and less likely to dental decay. Fluoride also helps make bones harder and less likely to break or lose calcium.

The amount of water we need will depend on several factors such as the temperature and humidity. Also what types of activities we are engaged in. Aperson sitting in a quiet cool house will not need as a person doing strenuous physical activities on a hot day.

Current recommendations for water are 8, eight ounce glasses per day which would equal 64 ounces. This amount should be sufficient for most healthy persons who are not in a hot, humid environment or sweating from physical work or exercise and should drink more water, more often.

Easier method is to pay attention to the color of your urine each time you urinate. (Urine that has accumulated in your bladder during sleep will be more concentrated and yellow. Otherwise, if your kidneys didn't concentrate urine during sleep, you would have to wake up to urinate.) After the urinating the first time after waking up, your urine should be colorless and odorless for the remainder of the day. This assumes that you have normal functioning kidneys and no bladder disease or infection.
Let your body help guide you.

Source for the above quotes: http://www.dietitian.com/fluids.html

miqu
08-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Somehow i only drink 3 glasses on average:playing:

reason ? just to lazy to get it in the kitchen:okay:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-30-2007, 04:24 PM
LoL, i dont drink that much, unless i feel REALLY thirsty. But umm....sometimes im too lazy lol....:X Yea i know thats bad...lol. When I do get myself up for water, ill end up drinking at least 4 glasses at once and still know i can drink more...lol that tells u how dehydrated i must be :X

P.S. As mentioned, bottled water is def a no no. Even tap water is better compared to that. But what to do when your in class? I get really thirsty when I'm there...so I buy one lol.

deen_2007
09-07-2007, 10:31 PM
i only drink a few sips everytime i eat.....omg....it probably doesnt even add up to a glass a day...

i know its bad...but i don't feel thirsty or dehydrated...

Na7lah
09-07-2007, 10:38 PM
i drink about 2-5 glasses each day but it
depends

Ma'salamah

sarah85
09-15-2007, 03:42 PM
I only drink it when im thirsty but iv heard that u r supposed to drink it before ur thirsty because when ur thirsty it means ur dehydrated and thats not good.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-15-2007, 05:21 PM
salaamu alaikum..i drink abt 6-8 pts of water per day, dont like much soda...juice is occasionally.wasalaamu alaikum.

glo
09-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Do you drink your usual amount during the month of Ramadan?
If so how?
A Muslimah at work told me that she tends to drink lots just before the evening meal at Ramadan - and then she feels full up and isn't actually very hungry anymore ...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Yea I'm kinda the same in Ramadan...drinking when I'm thirsty.

H4RUN
09-15-2007, 07:15 PM

There's the water tap HERE.....and the pro biotic yoghurt drink HERE, ah decisions:p

I need to start drinking a tad more water:D If anything it's good for your skin!

Oh and i must admit, cold milk is more appealing, but it has to be cold *shivering*

Pk_#2
09-15-2007, 09:07 PM
No water will go down my gob the whole day, until ma rents force me to have some.

:o|

Ribena's cool, but it's getting worse and worse imsad, losin' apetite on everyfin Grr!

princessz
09-15-2007, 10:56 PM
My water bottle at work, holds about two glasses, so on an average day, I drink about six glasses.
Lots of water keeps the system clean, as well as in shape.:thumbs_up

YusufNoor
09-16-2007, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tasneem
Me neither i hate tap water

Al-Hamdudillah,me and my family drink poland spring water

If my mother finds out we had a sip of that tap water

Uh-oh your introuble

Tap water is disgusting you see all that stuff floating around
:rant: Yuck

SaLaMz

Poland Springs??? :omg:

did you know that they got fined cuz they were just using a puddle near a dump in Maine???

i use Crystal springs but haven't heard it's horror stories yet!:blind:

Woodrow
09-16-2007, 05:05 AM
Just something to think about when you buy bottled water.

Bottled Water Isn't Healthier Than Tap, Report Reveals

Click here to find out more!
James Owen
for National Geographic News
February 24, 2006

A bottle of spring or mineral water has become the lifestyle accessory of the health-conscious. No longer a luxury item, the beverage has become a common sight worldwide.

But according to campaigners, the planet's health may be suffering as a result.
Source: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...led_water.html

farhan2
09-16-2007, 10:58 PM
I drink maybe 2 glasses.. which isnt too good as the average amount should be 8 glasses right..
I think now that its Ramadhan its even more important :)

MuslimahBarb
09-16-2007, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Just something to think about when you buy bottled water.

Source: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...led_water.html

Jazakallah Khair Brother for posting this. I remember when this report first came out and I was relieved to see it considering the cost of bottled water and the trash factor as well for those who like myself who lives in a community that doesn't have a recycling program for plastics. Both my husband and myself have nice tall glass of it from the tap each morning with our suhur meal when we fast. It really helps make it through a day of fasting to have your body hydrated.

Salam,
Barbara

kwolney01
09-17-2007, 02:27 AM
water is prenty much all I drink other than during Ramadan I usually drink water all day. Its much better for you and you feel a lot better. Juice is also good for you as long as its not all sugar.

sevgi
09-17-2007, 02:29 AM
sorry...what is a 'pint'?...im from Australia...cut me some slack...

MuslimahBarb
09-17-2007, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye

Sister,
A pint is 2 cups or 16 oz.:smile:

Salam,
Barbara

sevgi
09-17-2007, 03:07 AM
salams...

i think i being truthful wen i vote 2-4glases a day..i have a 600ml bottle. there are day where i cannot finish it, where i just finish it, and days where i need to fill it up twice..

i love my water and flavored water...

peace.

YusufNoor
09-17-2007, 03:29 AM

just a wee bit more on the Poland Springs thing...

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...0105/index.htm

:uuh:

Woodrow
09-17-2007, 03:47 AM
Roughly 500 CC (473.15 CC)

guyabano
09-17-2007, 07:28 AM
To be honest, I drink at least 6 liters a day. Drinking water is a must to keep the kidneys clean and well working

sevgi
09-17-2007, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
To be honest, I drink at least 6 liters a day. Drinking water is a must to keep the kidneys clean and well working
wooooowww...

thats like...

wow

more than a fish

i think i take a shower with 6litres of water...lol...

peace dude.

------
09-17-2007, 11:30 AM
:salamext:

I need an IRN BRU 32!!!!!!!! :D

sevgi
09-17-2007, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

I need an IRN BRU 32!!!!!!!! :D
wats that sis?

------
09-17-2007, 11:38 AM
wats that sis?

Irn Bru 32:D

Ummah
09-17-2007, 01:09 PM
i drink around 4-5 glasses a day...

its supposed to be 8 large glasses right?

Ummah
09-17-2007, 01:10 PM
wooooowww...

thats like...

wow

more than a fish

i think i take a shower with 6litres of water...lol...

peace dude.

LoL! :D

ansar.tajudeen
09-21-2007, 03:02 PM
asalamaualaikum

i drink atleast 3-4 litres of water in summer and in winter probably less than :sunny: :sunny: this .
actually in morning drinking water with empty stomach is good, so i also drink in the morning atleast 1/2 litre

jb17
09-25-2007, 03:24 AM
I don't know how many 'pints' I drink... but it depends on the day and if I have access to water. At least more then 2 bottles a day soo that means more than a litre a day.

rozeena
10-03-2007, 04:05 PM
now in ramadhan i drink bout 2-4. but usaly its 6+. as have bottle of water wiv me all da time.n wen u drink loadsa water u do notice a change

Kittygyal
10-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Salamualikum.

Well since i've been ill and stuff i've actually been drinking water always.. (Doctors persiciption).. It's a vast improvement developed in me, i noticed that and so has others who live with me obviously.

Drinking water keeps your face clean aswel along with your health... I always mix water and 2pints of 'Red Bull' and knock it back down.. Hussh don't tell anyone because it's a secret :X
Any of my family members find out im grounded :uhwhat

Ma'assalama

Firyal
10-10-2007, 04:57 PM
usually i drink abt 3-5 glass. but since in ramadaan i've not drank atleast one glass of water, i rely only on tea n one glass of apple juice

Al-Zaara
10-12-2007, 06:14 AM
Selam aleykum,

MashaAllah some people really drink plenty of water, that's good.

I think though, this thread has served its purpose.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.