/* */

PDA

View Full Version : termites leave quran intact

Khaldun
04-04-2005, 10:14 PM
:sl:

I saw this on another forum, and I thought i share it....subhanAllah its amazing

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/picopic/quran.bmp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
04-04-2005, 10:21 PM
It was really small. I had to turn on handicap zoom to read it.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-04-2005, 10:26 PM
it is amazing i have to say Mashallah.

Arwa
04-04-2005, 10:40 PM

subhanAllah .. I didn't read it.. too small.. but title gave it all away on the paper ..

:omg:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-05-2005, 12:02 AM
my computer was able to give me an option to enlarge it. try saving it and sending it to any photo editing program.

Genius
04-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Can we get a bigger picture please? Amazing nonetheless.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-05-2005, 12:27 AM
when i resized it, it was too big too upload :mad:

BlissfullyJaded
04-05-2005, 01:06 AM

Wow! Thats truly amazing! :omg:

Jazakallah khair brother Khaldun!

S_87
04-05-2005, 09:58 AM
:sl: you guys cant read his writing..need glasses all of you..ive done half...

Hyderabad-Dec 15...
it was nothing short of a miracle for city resident Faruq Ali.a copy of The Holy Quran which had been kept in a sotrerooom had all the urdu transalation eaten up by termites. but all the verses of the Holy Book in arabic were left intact.

its a miracle ali says.
ali, 67 had kept a copy of the Quran with urdu transalation in the storeroom 2 yrs ago since other transaltions were in use.

`when i opened the room recently i noticed that the book had bulged.sheer curiosity prompted me towards the Quran and closer inspection revealed the amazing incident.`
ali a resider in (dont know name something like yusfnaghar) in tapachabutra told deccan chronicle.

S_87
04-05-2005, 10:58 AM
lol my lenses are the best :thumbs_up
one question

you know this place
yousufnaghar..does it mean

yousoufs house?? ;D

Khaldun
04-05-2005, 12:47 PM

I hate to be cynical, and I really wished brother Genius would ask this question instead lol, but could there be anything to do with the fact that the quran verses were coloured and the urdu txt wasnt? I wanted just somebody to clearify (I know its unlike me to ask such a question, but it kept bugging me) sorry

h1jabi_sista
04-05-2005, 01:40 PM
subhanallah! a definate miracle of allah subhana watha allah!!

this happen once before, in the time of the prophet p.b.u.h, whenhe was in makka and there was a rule not to talk to the muslims or do business with the muslims and not to in anyway be in contact with the muslims. These rules were then written on paper with Bis-millah hirahman niraheem on the top and termites ate the whole paper apart from bis-milliah hirahman niraheem.

allah knows best

:w:

WomanOfJihad
04-05-2005, 01:50 PM

SubhanAllah....

i remember when i was in India .. the termites ate half of the pages in the quran ... i guess they were badd termites..

*ProudMuslimah*
04-05-2005, 08:52 PM

Subhan'Allah, that is soo amazing :omg:

Allah (swt) says "It is We Who have sent down the Reminder and We Who will preserve it. (Surat al-Hijr: 9)"

JazakumAllahu Karain for sharing Khaldun

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Br. Khaldun, I think zAk is correct. That was explaining the picture saying that the whites spaces are where the urdu text used to be. But it wasn't multicoloured paper or anything.

ABWAN
09-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Someone told me about this, and I googled and managed to find some links, although I could find the original news webiste that published this article

Quran’s verses defeat attack

Hyderabad, Dec. 5: It was nothing short of a miracle for city resident Farooq Ali. A copy of the holy Quran which had been kept in a storeroom had all the Urdu translations eaten up by termites. But all the verses of the Holy Book in Arabic were left intact. “It’s a miracle,” Ali says.

Ali, 67, had kept a copy of the Quran with Urdu translation in the storeroom two years ago since other editions of the Quran were in use. “When I opened the room recently, I noticed that the book had bulged. Sheer curiosity prompted me towards the Quran and closer inspection revealed the amazing incident,” Ali, a resident of Yous-ufnagar in Tappachabutra, told Deccan Chronicle.

The termites had eaten away the white paper as also the Urdu text but left the Arabic verses intact. This was the case with every page of the Holy Book. The Urdu translation is printed below each verse in Arabic. Its comprehensive translation at the margin on every page is also eaten up. The Arabic portion alone stands proudly untouched.

The Arabic verses have a coloured background, which the Urdu translation does not. Ali said: “It is a miracle. For some, it needs to be proved scientifically. I want people to come forward to send this book for scientific evaluation and tests. It will bring out the truth. Maybe, the tests will throw up more miracles.” Ali said he had approached the Forensic Laboratory to get the book tested but was sent back.

Danish
09-08-2005, 12:42 PM

subhanAllah .. I didn't read it.. too small.. but title gave it all away on the paper ..
same here

Batoota
09-09-2005, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by h1jabi_sista
subhanallah! a definate miracle of allah subhana watha allah!!

this happen once before, in the time of the prophet p.b.u.h, whenhe was in makka and there was a rule not to talk to the muslims or do business with the muslims and not to in anyway be in contact with the muslims. These rules were then written on paper with Bis-millah hirahman niraheem on the top and termites ate the whole paper apart from bis-milliah hirahman niraheem.

allah knows best

^ OH yeah!! We took that in school!

Subhan Allah! That's amazing!! Jazak All brother Khaldun for posting it up and for those who helped re-write it for us to read!! :thumbs_up

:w: :sister:

Khayal
09-10-2005, 01:09 AM
SubhanAllah, MashaAllah....

Jazak ALLAH khair. :rose:

czgibson
09-10-2005, 01:29 AM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

I hate to be cynical, and I really wished brother Genius would ask this question instead lol, but could there be anything to do with the fact that the quran verses were coloured and the urdu txt wasnt? I wanted just somebody to clearify (I know its unlike me to ask such a question, but it kept bugging me) sorry
I think this is the most likely explanation, given that the Arabic text was on a coloured background and the Urdu text was not. The termites probably didn't like the taste of the ink.

Weird story though, nonetheless.

Peace

ABWAN
09-10-2005, 01:53 AM
Some one told me that the holy book of the Sikhs was left intact in Louisiana inspite of Katrina...

The one that stuck me most was this picture of the masjid from Aceh, Indonesia..I dont believe in the claims that this was the only strongest building in that area! Looking at the devastation around the masjid and how intact the masjid is...i just cant buy such claims!!

Henry
09-10-2005, 02:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I think this is the most likely explanation, given that the Arabic text was on a coloured background and the Urdu text was not. The termites probably didn't like the taste of the ink.

Weird story though, nonetheless.

Peace
Exactly, but it is still a miracle non the less :) Many of Allah's (SWT) miracles can be explained now-adays with scientific means, as Allah (SWT) created Science. Back 1400 years ago, it would still be as big of a miracle as it is now. Now we just know why, scientifically. It was Allah's (SWT) miracle for them to give it the color. Allah (SWT) planned this out, and he is the best of planners :)

czgibson
09-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Greetings Henry,

format_quote Originally Posted by Henry
Exactly, but it is still a miracle non the less :) Many of Allah's (SWT) miracles can be explained now-adays with scientific means, as Allah (SWT) created Science. Back 1400 years ago, it would still be as big of a miracle as it is now. Now we just know why, scientifically. It was Allah's (SWT) miracle for them to give it the color. Allah (SWT) planned this out, and he is the best of planners :)
Perhaps we understand the word differently, but in most dictionaries a miracle is something that contravenes the laws of nature. Since the termite phenomenon does not break these laws, and can be explained naturally, it's clearly not a miracle.

Peace

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Perhaps we understand the word differently, but in most dictionaries a miracle is something that contravenes the laws of nature. Since the termite phenomenon does not break these laws, and can be explained naturally, it's clearly not a miracle.
I agree with this explanation of a miracle because a miracle, by definition, is the suspension of the natural scientific laws, as a sign that God created those laws yet He is still superior.

As for the termites, it can be explained naturally with the coloured paper but that doesn't mean its not a sign from God. There is a difference between a sign and a miracle :) .

peace.

czgibson
09-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Hello Ansar,

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
As for the termites, it can be explained naturally with the coloured paper but that doesn't mean its not a sign from God. There is a difference between a sign and a miracle
So what constitutes a sign from god, and what makes you think that this is one?

Peace

Muezzin
09-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Hello Ansar,

So what constitutes a sign from god, and what makes you think that this is one?

Peace
This is it! This is THE SIGN!

Oh fart, wrong religion.

czgibson
09-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Greetings,

;D ;D ;D ;D

Are You Waiting For A Sign From God?

GO TO CHURCH ON EASTER
In this case, "God" is obviously an American. In English, the preposition with "Easter" would be "at" not "on". Sorry, couldn't resist pointing that out..... :)

Peace

Muezzin
09-12-2005, 06:20 PM
In this case, "God" is obviously an American. In English, the preposition with "Easter" would be "at" not "on". Sorry, couldn't resist pointing that out..... :)

Peace
DON'T ARGUE WITH THE WORDS OF GOD MAN!

:p

Of course I jest.

shakylla
06-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Assalamualaikum all. I just received this e-mail from a friend. I'm not sure if it's been posted here before, but anyways:

THE PHYSICAL MIRACLE OF THE QUR'AN

In the house of one Mr. Mohamed Farooq, a resident of Tappachabutra, Hyderabad, India, coloni(es) of termites had apparently eaten up a-100-year-old Quran.

The box that contained the Quran and the covers of the Book itself were totally damaged to debris.

Miraculously, the termites selectively ate up only the writings of the Quran translations in Urdhu, below each line of the Arabic verses and spared the Arabic writings — (the original language of the Quran)

Note: Termite workers are generally blind due to undeveloped eyes (Wikipedia)

This shows that the WORDS of Allah, Creator of the universe, are eternally preserved by Him - Himself

The present text of Al Quran we read today is the exact duplicate (in language and grammar - differ slightly in the ‘fashion’ of how the alphabets are linked) of the completed text that was revealed in stages, more than 1400 years ago.

Abdul-Raouf
06-30-2008, 01:54 AM
Alhamdulillah

lukm4n
06-30-2008, 01:58 AM
Please may I see the original source for this story, I always like to make sure.. wonderful story nevertheless mashallah

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 02:08 AM
:wasalamex

^ same here. baarakallahu feeki masha Allah

lukm4n
06-30-2008, 02:14 AM
Some more info here including bigger photo - Subhanallah

http://blog.mkmajeed.com/2008/06/10/...derabad-india/

Allahuakbar !!

lukm4n
06-30-2008, 02:15 AM
I will include this story on my website tomorror inshallah - thanks for bringing it to my attention, Allah can make any of his makhlooq do anything he wants ! Fact..

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 02:41 AM
jazakom Allahu khair

IB-Staff
06-30-2008, 06:16 AM
Threads Merged :hmm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.