/* */

PDA

View Full Version : HALAL FUN BOARD ???

WomanOfJihad
12-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Assalamu'Aleykum

hmm... i was just thinkin .. if we cud have another Board .. where we cud have Islamic Quiz, Question Answer game ( Islamic) , or any other games to do with Islam.n inshAllah it can b beneficial for everyone in here .. they can learn lots of things in this way ... n it will b fun :)

* just a suggestion..think abt it *

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
12-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Assalamu Alykum

mashAllah good idea sister, I'll see what we can do :)

Genius
12-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Scientific evidence has shown the only thing halal and fun is Halo 2, even that is not allowed in some madhabs.

Khaldun
12-30-2004, 12:41 AM
Assalamu Alykum

Halo 2??? :confused:...lol anyways heres the new forum http://www.load-islam.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
WomanOfJihad
12-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Scientific evidence has shown the only thing halal and fun is Halo 2, even that is not allowed in some madhabs.
err if i m nt mistaken is HALO 2 .. a ps2 game? ( Allahu Alim) .. dunno abt al that.. but . surely we dnt want to b talkin abt PS2 games in FUN bOARD ... 8-)

* is puzzled* Ya Allah ..

Ummatee
01-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Brother Genius.. Whats hapening? *BARE BAFFLEd*

Woman of Jihad.. I think the ideas of having quiz etc is kinda ok..but games? :confused: I mean...Like wouldn't that kionda take your focus away form what the actual golas are (why the forum is designed and that)...! Brother Khaldun ..I am waiting for your wise opinion.. :)

WomanOfJihad
01-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Ummate long tym no see ..

Well wat i mEant by Games is like Trivia, and Alhumdulillah it seems to be beneficial for everyone ...

aamirsaab
02-06-2005, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
*cracks up...rolls on floor and bursts into tears of laughter*
:thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Ameeratul Layl
09-22-2005, 09:35 AM
:sl:

I just wanted to know. Is chess haram to play? I want to beat this little kid I know. MashAllah she is so clever (she is only 11/12 and is doing her GCSEs) and I promised her that the next time we meet....I'm going to thrash her.

I feel all querky whenever I think abou it.

m3 salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-22-2005, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius

This just made my day!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! Thats awesome! :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Can u provide the link to the fatwa plz?

Pinkrose
09-22-2005, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raiyhana

I just wanted to know. Is chess haram to play? I want to beat this little kid I know. MashAllah she is so clever (she is only 11/12 and is doing her GCSEs) and I promised her that the next time we meet....I'm going to thrash her.

I feel all querky whenever I think abou it.

m3 salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro

Hey sis!!

Yeah it is haraam to play chess ukhti!! I always use to play online in yahoo but i found out that it was haraam once when i was reading sahih muslim!!:(

Here is the proof!!

CHAPTER: IT IS PROHIBITED TO PLAY CHESS

No. 5612

Buraida reported on the authority of his father that Allaah's Prophet (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: He who played chess is like one who dyed his hand with the flesh and blood of swine.

Also if you would like to check it out for yourself you can go to www.sahihmuslim.com and then click on contents then you should click on The Book Of Poetry!! ;)

Hope that helps!! :)

:w:

Far7an
09-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Assalamu alaikum

A more detailed answer can be found here on the ruling of chess

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.