/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sajjadah 1426 illuminated prayer rug

~*~Serene~*~
02-02-2006, 01:43 AM
I found this during ramadan. I not sure if anyone posted it. But incase no one has here you go.

"...we bring you the Sajjadah 1426 Prayer Rug. Designed by Soner Ozenc, the Sajjadah 1426 (2005 in the Islamic calendar) is made using Electro Luminescent Phosphore Printing technology, which allows it to display various graphics and patterns directly on the surface. An embedded compass instructs the rug to glow more brightly as it is turned towards Mecca, allowing users to easily determine when they are facing exactly the right direction. So convergence triumphs once again, though now you have two Mecca-detecting devices to charge (along with your cellphone, natch)."

This is the Sajjadah 1426 illuminated prayer rug--->

3060000000047662?06035790222915811 -
http://displays.engadget.com/entry/1234000123061616/

Other really good sites that explain it more clearly--->

http://www.yankodesign.com/product_i...roducts_id=513

http://www.funponsel.com/blog/archiv...ed-prayer-rug/

the designer:

http://www.sonerozenc.com/upload/index.php

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shadow
02-02-2006, 01:56 AM
:sl:
wow thats one nice musallah

amazing design

mashAllah

:)

jazak Allah khair

*charisma*
02-02-2006, 01:57 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

hmm subhanallah, interesting, id stick with the regular prayer rug..
subhanallah, does prayer have to be modernized now a days too?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

hidaayah
02-02-2006, 02:00 AM
subhanallah..!! i would prefer the simple one though because then the prayer rug will take all my attention..!

wassalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~*~Serene~*~
02-02-2006, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
subhanallah, does prayer have to be modernized now a days too?
Darling i'm sensing you don't like this modern rug?

Sister this modernization is very useful and helpful . Read this if you have time:

"A prayer rug is a small and portable carpet that Muslims put on the floor when they perform their prayers. Its main function is to provide a clean and isolated platform for the prayer. With the specific patterns on its surface, it also aims to bring the atmosphere of a mosque to wherever they take it.

Muslims pray five times a day. The only product they need to perform their prayers is a prayer rug. And there is one thing they need to be careful about: the holy city of Mecca – the direction towards which they should perform their prayers.

As one of the main aims of ‘Sajjadah 1426' was to emphasize the values of the patterns on the prayer rug, lighting those patterns up was considered as the main approach from the very first stages of the concept. There were several technology alternatives to achieve this effect: mini LEDs, fibre optics, EL wire embroidery and EL panel. After the experiments done, the most appropriate one turned out to be the Electro Luminescent Phosphore Printing technology. EL wire embroidery has also been explored during the research part and ‘mini glow wire' was ordered from the UK-based company Surelight Ltd.

'Sajjadah 1426' indicates the direction via the data coming from a compass module embedded inside it. The closer to the direction of Mecca it is turned, the brighter the patterns illuminate.

'Sajjadah 1426' enriches the praying experience with the illuminated patterns on its surface. The word 'sajjadah' is a Persian/Turkish word meaning 'prayer rug' and the number '1426' stands for '2005' in Islamic calendar."

akulion
02-02-2006, 02:08 AM
wow weee

i want one :D

~*~Serene~*~
02-02-2006, 02:17 AM
^me too:happy:

does anyone know how to post the images from the link below. i don't know how to.

*charisma*
02-02-2006, 02:19 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Sis I understand that it can be accurate in giving us the directions toward which direction of prayer, but if everyone has to count on a rug to do that for them sooner or later everyone will loose the knowledge of figuring it out themselves, then how will they be able to pass this human knowledge to others??

Also how much does something like this cost?? Is it fair if the those who can afford something like this to have one, while the poor are considered "not coordinated" with the Qibla as we are just because we have a very accurate rug?

I'm sure the Rasul peace be upon him had such a rug that had the same features correct?? not really so.

Just as the hijaabs are turning into a fashion statement, does prayer have to as well by which "rug" you have?
subhanallah

Also just out of curiousity, is the creator of this rug a muslim??

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Shadow
02-02-2006, 02:24 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Sis I understand that it can be accurate in giving us the directions toward which direction of prayer, but if everyone has to count on a rug to do that for them sooner or later everyone will loose the knowledge of figuring it out themselves, then how will they be able to pass this human knowledge to others??

Also how much does something like this cost?? Is it fair if the those who can afford something like this to have one, while the poor are considered "not coordinated" with the Qibla as we are just because we have a very accurate rug?

I'm sure the Rasul peace be upon him had such a rug that had the same features correct?? not really so.

Just as the hijaabs are turning into a fashion statement, does prayer have to as well by which "rug" you have?
subhanallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
sis i think the the purpose of this rug is more of a show rather than something that everryone shud use every day :)

plus i doubt it will be out in the market on major companies for being sold to the public at a sensible price, we cant say that this is being too mordernized, seriously it just looks soo cool
:peace:

*charisma*
02-02-2006, 02:31 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

yea it looks cool
but Allahu A'lem what people's intentions will be when they use it

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

p.s. sis zulekha, sorry if i sound mean or if i offended you, inshallah i didnt,
Barak Allah feeki for ur thread, gud to know these things mashallah :)

*charisma*
02-02-2006, 02:35 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

does anyone know how to post the images from the link below. i don't know how to.

there u go hun..

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

~*~Serene~*~
02-02-2006, 02:41 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

subhanallah

Sis to me this rug seems useful. With the huge buildings i often walk around in and I try to look for a place to pray .And when i find the a spot i sometimes loose my sense of direction. I know i've prayed in the wrong direction by mistake many times. Does that mean i'd buy this rug? . if it was affordable maybe , if not then probably not. Like shadow said it's very cool to look at;D . One more thing the times we live in now are very different for the prophet(phub) time. JUst becuase he didn't use it doesn't mean we shouldn't. Example--->THe prophet(phub) rode on camels. Yet we use cars and airplanes:?

I'm not sure:? But if you are curious this is the designers site.

http://www.sonerozenc.com/

~*~Serene~*~
02-02-2006, 02:42 AM
thank you charisma:)

*charisma*
02-02-2006, 02:46 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

no problem :)

yea i checked out the site, the name of the creator is kinda foreign to me so i can't tell.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Muezzin
02-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Wow. It looks like something out of Terminator.

I bet I could easily afford to go on Hajj by myself before I'd be able to afford this 'rug' though. :p

afriend
02-02-2006, 09:18 AM
probably csts more than any1 will expect

MetSudaisTwice
02-02-2006, 11:08 AM
salam
mashallah that is so cool, but is'nt that going to distract ones concentration in prayers? surely you have to have full concentration in prayers? also how much is that prayer mat?
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
02-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Salam
I think this is just another novelty. Sure it looks quite good, but the concentration of salah will definitely be affected.
Wassalam

afriend
02-02-2006, 11:12 AM
I was thinking that as well, but I don't think it was made for actually praying on, i think it's just to look nice and show which direction the Ka'abah is.

Not sure on the price yet, most likely to be very expensive.

aamirsaab
02-02-2006, 11:12 AM
At last, my wildest dream has come true!

mizan_aliashraf
02-02-2006, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
At last, my wildest dream has come true!

What's that then?

MetSudaisTwice
02-02-2006, 11:21 AM
salam
another one dreaming about illuminating prayer mats
wasalam

aljawaad
02-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey cool prayer rug.

Nawal89
02-02-2006, 06:30 PM
It's pretty. I'd probably put it in my living room for decoration.

Usayd
02-02-2006, 07:48 PM
I agree with the other brothers in that it would effect concentration. I remember listening to a CD which had something mentioning 'technological prayer mats' and it was really quite expressive. I'll try and find it.

Salaam
02-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Salaam,

Do you know where we can buy it from, and how mush it costs...

aamirsaab
02-02-2006, 08:45 PM
I dont care what you people say. This rug has to be the most coolest thing invented for the following reasons
a) it's illuminated - IT GLOWS IN THE DARK!
b) It's like a modern islamic thingy majig - MODERN AND ISLAM - surely that's gotta get SOME 'spect.
c) it's pretty much the coolest thing i've ever seen in my life, and I've seen many things, but nothing as bodacious as what I just witnessed.

Mainul_Islam
02-03-2006, 04:08 AM
wow! is this for real?? it increases its glow as its faced closer towards Mecca? sounds like impossible... but i wonder how it works!

yea its really awesome, but i gotta agree with sis "A sister" that the glow on the rug might distract me from Salat.

family
02-05-2006, 12:33 AM
I would stick with the regular simple rug
:happy:

~*~Serene~*~
02-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Some of you asked what the cost of this is . Well apparently this product isn't being sold commerically yet, but they say it will be soon. you can contact info@sonerozenc.com for more information.fyi I'm not trying to advertise;D . it's just that it's really cool.

Some of you are also complaining about how this product would " effect concentration". Why would it be distracting? this rug glows in the dark. Flip on the lights:rollseyes

~*~Serene~*~
02-09-2006, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam
wow! is this for real?? it increases its glow as its faced closer towards Mecca? sounds like impossible... but i wonder how it works!
YEp it sound very possible. Go to menu 001 Product in the link below.

http://sonerozenc.com/upload/index.php

DaSangarTalib
02-16-2006, 03:10 PM
too bright :uhwhat

~*~Serene~*~
02-18-2006, 03:52 AM
Out curiousity i emailed the designer our discussion.

and this was his reply from reading our comments.

"regarding
distraction of prayer and the cost.

1) Sajjadah 1426 aims to eliminate the traditional interface -ie analogue
compass, buttons etc... So that the interface becomes the illuminated patterns
themselves. However there is one CITY SELECTION BUTTON to tell the mat where
you are and one ON/OFF/COMPASS MODE button to tell the mat either to stay ON or
to turn OFF or to turn on the COMPASS function. As the user switches to COMPASS
mode, the illuminated patterns will change their brightness until the user
finds the Mecca direction and IT WILL SWITCH OFF within 5 seconds. So, the user
won t get distracted during the prayer. The user always has the freedom to turn
on/off the illuminated patterns.

2) With its added values and unique technology, Sajjadah 1426 is incomparable to
traditional prayer mats on the market. It is an ELECTRONIC product rather than
simply a textile product. So, the cost will eventually be higher than the ones
on the market. Very soon, we will have a clearer idea about the cost. You can
always visit www.sonerozenc.com to see the updates.

3) There will be 3 versions of Sajjadah 1426: one version which is battery
powered with compass function, one which is mains powered with compass function
and one which is mains powered without compass function. The latter version will
be cheaper as it doesn t incorporate a compass function -thus won t be able to
indicate the Mecca direction. But it is rather designed with a decoration
purpose in mind as it will appeal to users in night time -ie a night light
prayer mat wall-hanging.
"

salam guys.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.