/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Advice of the Prophet (saw)

*ProudMuslimah*
04-06-2005, 06:17 AM
:sl: dear :brother: s and :sister: s

Ibn Abbas (r.a) said: One day, I was riding behind the Prophet (saw) when he said, "O boy! I will teach you some words: Be mindful of Allah (Commandments of Allah), He will preserve you. Be mindful of Allah, He will be ever with you. If you beg, beg of Him Alone; and if you need assistance, supplicate to Allah Alone for help, And know that if all the people gather to benefit you, they will not be able benefit you except that which Allah has preordained (for you); and if all of them gather to do haram on you, they will not be able to afflict you with anything other than that which Allah had pre-destined against you. The pens have been lifted and the ink of the pages has dried up." (At-Tirmidhi)

Another narration states: The messenger of Allah (saw) said, "Safeguard (the commandments of) Allah, you will find Him before you. Remember Him in prosperity and He will remember you in adversity. Know that whatever you miss, was not destined to befall you; and what befalls you, was never going to miss you. Know that the help (of Allah) is obtained with patience, happiness comes after distress, and hardship is followed by ease."

Things we learn from this hadiths.

1) No 1 has the power to change the Decision of Allah
2) Whatever trouble one suffers in this world, it does not last for ever. Every trouble is followed by prosperity, pleasure and happiness
3) One should never ask other than Allah's help in supernatural things because it amounts to ascribing partnership with Allah (SWT). If a person is mindful of the Rights of Allah, then Allah in return takes care of his needs and helps him.

Source: Book, 100 ahadith about Islamic manners

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
04-07-2005, 01:15 AM
Good read, Barakallahu feekum :thumbs_up

Halima
06-16-2005, 07:05 AM
The Prophet (SAW)'s Advice to Ibn Abbas (RA)
An-Nawawi's Hadith 19
On the authority of Aboo 'Abbaas 'Abdullah the son of 'Abbass (RA), who said:

One day I was behind the Prophet (SAW) [riding on the same mount] and he said to me:

"Young man, I shall teach you some of words [of advice]:

Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you.

Be mindful of Allaah, and you will find Him in front of you.

If you ask, ask of Allaah;

If you seek help, seek help of Allaah.

Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you.

The pens have been liffted and the pages have dried."

-It was related by at-Tirmithee, who said it was a good and sound Hadith.

In a version other than that of at-Tirmithee it reads:

" Be mindful of Allaah, you will find Him before you.

Get to know Allaah in prosperity and He will know you in adversity.
Know that what has passed you by was not going to befall you, and that what has befallen you was not going to pass you by. And know that victory comes with patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship.

Batoota
06-16-2005, 09:01 AM
:sl:

:applaud: What can I say? As always, the prophet (salla Allahoo alyhee wa salam)'s advice- just.............excellent....beautiful......enlightening! and most of all Comforting!!

I used to have it memorized but then i forgot it- Jazak Allahoo koli khair for reminding us!

And finally!!!! I know what to use as my signature!! :shade: :sister:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khayal
06-01-2008, 07:33 PM
:sl:

JazaakAllaah khayr!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.