/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ????Spanish???

z5a0b4
02-03-2006, 02:46 AM
As Salam Mu Alikum,

For spanish class i have to write a paragraph about something that happened to me when i was little. Please if you can translate this and you know it is correct or something is wrong with it please tell me.

Here is the paragraph:

Una vez que cuando era pequeño, yo me perdí en un centro comercial. Yo siempre fui al paseo con mi mamá, pero con un tiempo yo me perdí y ella me encontró después de 15 minutos. Fui espantado muy pero entonces yo no fui espantado más cuando ella me encontró.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mezier
02-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Im taking a spanish class right now too! unfortunately it has only been 3 weeks and I dont know that much yet. But what I can suggest is using http://babelfish.altavista.com/ to help translate that. I use it alot for french, but it also has a English/Spanish option.

:sl:

*charisma*
02-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

lol ill try ekhi, but ive only went up to spanish 3, although my literacy skills are pretty accurate :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Halima
02-07-2006, 02:45 AM
I had been up to Spanish 3 which was kind of a long time..but I had translated so if I made a mistake anyone correct me if I'm wrong..

format_quote Originally Posted by z5a0b4
Una vez que cuando era pequeño, yo me perdí en un centro comercial. Yo siempre fui al paseo con mi mamá, pero con un tiempo yo me perdí y ella me encontró después de 15 minutos. Fui espantado muy pero entonces yo no fui espantado más cuando ella me encontró.

When I was little, I was lost in the mall. I always went strolling with my mom but wether I was lost she would find me after 15 minutes. I was shocked but I had not been shocked when she found me.

I just told you what it translated to you however, someone will help you understand what/what not to do.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
02-07-2006, 02:52 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

well from what i understand myself, it says something like when you were younger you got lost at the mall and you always went with your mom, but one time she lost you and then she found you after 15 minutes, you were scared, but then you werent scared after she found you.

I've corrected it for you :)

Una vez cuando era pequeño, yo me perdí en un centro comercial. Yo siempre fui paseando con mi mamá, pero un tiempo yo me perdí y ella me encontró después de 15 minutos. Fui muy espantado pero cuando ella me encontró, yo no fui más espantado .

some tips:

dont use "yo" too much, when you conjugate a verb its sorta already in there
e.g. yo soy atletico
I am athletic,
but its better to say "soy atletico" which means the exact same thing but sounds more natural and your not repeating "I".

Also when you describe something remember that adjectives go before a noun. when using "mas" u put it before.
ill take ur sentence as an example:

Fui espantado muy pero entonces yo no fui espantado más cuando ella me encontró.

Literally translates to: I was scared a lot but i then wasnt afraid a lot when she found me.

when i changed it i switched the bolded words around so that it is more correct, and i moved around the sentence a bit so that it flows more easily and makes more sense.

I was very scared, but when she found me I wasn't so scared anymore.

inshallah this helps
if you have any more questions plz do ask inshallah
hope i didnt confuse u :-[

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

so0x0xsweet
02-16-2006, 08:47 PM
sounds a little weird but you can get the idea.. i dont kno its jus nothow i talk.. srry i coodnt help yah

Saifadin_Qutuz
02-17-2006, 01:19 AM
Hola!

Hey I am interested in Spanish!!!

can someone help me!?! :D

adios!

*charisma*
02-17-2006, 05:02 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

sure ekhi, i can help if ur really serious about learning...

i would need to know how much of it you know already lol

btw, its probably more beneficial to post ur salaamz than the actually spanish greetings inshallah :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

aljawaad
02-17-2006, 05:09 AM
Lol at first i thought that the Bro was asking for a spanish section.

Saifadin_Qutuz
02-19-2006, 01:17 AM
salam :)

Hola :D

I am serious about learning Spanish ofcourse!

what I know:

Hola
Si
amigo
amiga
como esta usted

thats about it heh..

Saifadin_Qutuz
02-19-2006, 01:18 AM
oh and adios!

*charisma*
02-19-2006, 01:46 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

loool ok so basically you cant have a convo or anything like that, nice to know

reading is extremely easy, well cept you have to kinda make it sound like ur latino instead of a white person going "I had a hamburgero at the restauranto with my amigos" k thats NOT spanish ppl, and ull get jumped

Alphabet:
*letter then how to pronounce it*

A-ah
B-bay
C-say
D-day
E-ay
F- effay
G- hay
H- achay
I- ee *like in feed*
K-kah
L-el
LL-elyay
M-m'may
N-n'nay
N (with the ~ above)- n'nyay
O- oh
P-pay
Q- koo
R-eray
RR-errrray
S-essay
T-tay
U-oo
V-vay
W-dublay vay
X-equis
Y-eegriega
Z-sayta

numbers:

0-cero
1-uno
2-dos
3-tres
4-quatro
5-cinco
6-seis
7-siete
8-ocho
9-nueve
10-diez
11-once *pronounced like oinsay not once*
12-doce
13-trece
14-catorce
15-quince
16 dieciseis
17 deicisiete
18 deiceocho
19 deicinueve
20 veinte *sounds like bentay*

then after that you go
veint + i + number e.g.

veintiuno=21
veinticinco=25

im just gonna go by 10s now
30-treinta * pronounced try-enta*
40-quarenta
50-cincuenta
60-sesenta
70-setenta
80-ochenta
90-noventa
100-cien

*oh thank the lord, alhemdulilah*

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Saifadin_Qutuz
02-20-2006, 08:48 PM
slam :)

hahaa, thats really confusing.. I might not have got some of the prnounciation heh. But thats useful info.

And yes, I cant start a convo lol, help me there? :D

thanks and peace

Saifadin_Qutuz
02-20-2006, 08:51 PM

heh, that was nice of you, although I might have not clearly got the pronounciation. It was a bit confusing.

thanx and peace

Saifadin_Qutuz
02-20-2006, 08:52 PM
LoL, sorry for the double post, was too excited :D

javz3
02-20-2006, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mezier
But what I can suggest is using http://babelfish.altavista.com/ to help translate that. I use it alot for french, but it also has a English/Spanish option.

aah.....dat site it good but has some mitakes....

anyways i do study spanish as well..........y dont u just get a spanish translator???

*charisma*
02-23-2006, 03:03 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Saifadin_Qutuz

heh, that was nice of you, although I might have not clearly got the pronounciation. It was a bit confusing.

thanx and peace
I have this really nice site, kinda the same as the on in the arabic thread, but its in spanish http://www.languageguide.org/espanol/

if u wait after it loads, it will give you the pronounciation in spanish and if you hold your mouse over each word it will also translate it for you...try that inshallah and if you have any questions, be sure to ask

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Saifadin_Qutuz
02-27-2006, 05:54 PM
salam,

verewell then sister :)

until we meet

naasiaah
02-27-2006, 06:24 PM
the word my is supposed to be spelled mi not me.i hope that helps. yo hablo espanol un poco

handhuvar
02-28-2006, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by z5a0b4
As Salam Mu Alikum,

For spanish class i have to write a paragraph about something that happened to me when i was little. Please if you can translate this and you know it is correct or something is wrong with it please tell me.

Here is the paragraph:

i wish i know spanish too

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.