/* */

PDA

View Full Version : We must show our opposition to Islam, says Danish queen

Far7an
02-03-2006, 02:08 PM
We must show our opposition to Islam, says Danish queen
By Hannah Cleaver in Berlin

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark has called on the country "to show our opposition to Islam", regardless of the opprobium such a stance provokes abroad.
Her comments further undermined the image of Denmark as a liberal haven for those seeking a new life in northern Europe.

The Danish government has already been accused of fuelling xenophobia by introducing measures which effectively closed the country to asylum seekers.
But in overtly political passages from an official biography published yesterday Queen Margrethe makes comments certain to complicate her nation's relationship with Muslims.
She said: "We are being challenged by Islam these years - globally as well as locally. It is a challenge we have to take seriously. We have let this issue float about for too long because we are tolerant and lazy.
"We have to show our opposition to Islam and we have to, at times, run the risk of having unflattering labels placed on us because there are some things for which we should display no tolerance."
"And when we are tolerant, we must know whether it is because of convenience or conviction."
The Queen, who turns 65 tomorrow and has reigned since 1972, wields no political power but does occasionally comment on political issues.
Denmark has seriously limited immigration in the past three years and the anti-immigrant Danish People's Party, an ally of the centre-Right government, has pushed through laws making it harder to bring in foreign spouses or qualify for asylum.
The queen told her biographer, Annelise Bistrup, apparently referring to Muslim fundamentalists: "There is something impressive about people for whom religion imbues their existence, from dusk to dawn, from cradle to grave."
She said she understood how disaffected young Muslims might find refuge in religion. This tendency should be fought by encouraging Muslims to learn Danish so they could integrate better, she said.
"We should not be content with living next to each other. We should rather live together."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...5/ixworld.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
02-03-2006, 03:05 PM
salam
may allah punish all the kuffars and guide and strengthen the muslims
wasalam

aamirsaab
02-03-2006, 03:16 PM
:sl:
stupid lady

DaSangarTalib
02-03-2006, 03:23 PM

shes talkin aload of rubbish in that article

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
02-03-2006, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
wasalam
ameen!!

Rabi'ya:rose:

Ghazi
02-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Salaam

Alot of things have been happen today first I read a post saying that the muslims below age of 45 were banned from the Al-qasa Mosque now this, Sooner or later a country is gonna declare war against islam.

MetSudaisTwice
02-03-2006, 03:32 PM
salam
it feels asi if today is the peak day, for all the kuffars to destroy and suppress the ummah
so many things happened today and in the last few days...
wasalam

Rabi'ya
02-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Surely times are hard, but this is even more of a reason for us to unite and fight against the kuffar. We will be victorious with the help of Allah.

Rabi'ya:rose:

R_Mujahed
02-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Aslamualikum Warahmatu ALLAH Wabarakatoh
BismALLAH Arhman Arhem,

" O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitanah (advisors, protectors, etc.) those outside your religion, (pagans, jews, christians, etc.) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. Hatred flows out of their mouths and what they hide in their chests is far worse..." (Al-Imraan,18)

" They only try to please you by paying lips-service to you but their hearts are against you..." (Al-Tawbah,8-9)

"Fight them, and ALLAH will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you (to victory) over them, heal the breasts of the believers..." (AL-Tawbah,14)

Could it be made an clearer!

Waslamualikum Warahmatu ALLAH Wabarakatoh

MetSudaisTwice
02-03-2006, 03:36 PM
salam
inshallah if we all unite and be strong with the remebrance and taqqa then surely the beleivers will be victorious against the kuffars
sure the ummah is going through a very difficult time, this is a test from allah and we need to unite as one inshallah
wasalam

akulion
02-03-2006, 03:39 PM
racist woman

i can bet if someone asked her what the 5 pillars of islam are she wouldnt have a clue

and they claim to "know islam"

bull popo!

Ghazi
02-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Salaam

Brothers/sisters we need to unite the kuffar have already done so, for example the UN with their trade deals, and promises if one goes to war the rest will help, we need to unite the ummah fast.

R_Mujahed
02-03-2006, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Brothers/sisters we need to unite the kuffar have already done so, for example the UN with their trade deals, and promises if one goes to war the rest will help, we need to unite the ummah fast.
Brother, yes we need to unite! but remember no matter how many people are against us we have ALLAH (SWT)...

And nor does the Queen or who oppose us know what they are getting themselfs in!

Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread) [5:33]

Innama jazao allatheena yuhariboona Allaha warasoolahu wayasAAawna fee alardi fasadan an yuqattaloo aw yusallaboo aw tuqattaAAa aydeehim waarjuluhum min khilafin aw yunfaw mina alardi thalika lahum khizyun fee alddunya walahum fee alakhirati AAathabun AAatheemun

5:33 The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

hasib
02-03-2006, 05:41 PM

You know they are making mischeif and they know it too but just using freedom of speech as an excuse!

There was absolutely no need to print those cartoons!

Hashim_507
02-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Ayan Hirsi is behind the cartoon and everything that is anti-islam in europe.....

ummAbdillah
02-03-2006, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim_507
Ayan Hirsi is behind the cartoon and everything that is anti-islam in europe.....
who is Ayan hirsi?

Ghazi
02-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Salaam

She's born of somali decent Far as I know she was set to get married in canda then something happend now she's left islam made a movie and she's an MP in holland

Smok
02-03-2006, 08:11 PM

The point is that for western people freedom of speech is so important as honour of Muhammad for You.
That is why queen said it.

Ghazi
02-03-2006, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Smok

The point is that for western people freedom of speech is so important as honour of Muhammad for You.
That is why queen said it.

Salaam

Thats just racism How can she judge 1 billion people like that

czgibson
02-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Greetings,
Why do people keep bringing up racism? This whole issue has nothing to do with racism. If you think it does, then I suggest you check a dictionary right now.

People, this looks like a major escalation of the "clash of civilizations", and to be quite frank, imbecilic talk about "racism" is not going to help matters.

Peace - would that be so bad?

Ghazi
02-03-2006, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Why do people keep bringing up racism? This whole issue has nothing to do with racism. If you think it does, then I suggest you check a dictionary right now.

People, this looks like a major escalation of the "clash of civilizations", and to be quite frank, cretinous talk about "racism" is not going to help matters.

Peace - would that be so bad?
Salaam

Islam is one ummah and one nation, are honour is one and our land our one so what word would you use.

Smok
02-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Salaam

Freedom to be stupid is part of freedom of speech :)

Umm Safiya
02-03-2006, 10:16 PM

Wow, I didn't even know the queen of Denmark said that!?
She is really.. :rollseyes

Nawal89
02-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Smok from what i read about your posts about europeans and their freedom fo speech thingy, you make them seem like really dumb people, which i'm sure not all of them are.

Smok
02-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Salam

Sometimes people use freedom of speech in wrong way. That makes them stupid. I'm very critical of european society. Especially so called "politicals".
Poll in Poland shown that about 75% of Poles said that these cartoons were stupid and shouldn't be printed. But... freedom of speech :)

Ghazi
02-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Salam

Sometimes people use freedom of speech in wrong way. That makes them stupid. I'm very critical of european society. Especially so called "politicals".
Poll in Poland shown that about 75% of Poles said that these cartoons were stupid and shouldn't be printed. But... freedom of speech :)
Salaam

If someone was to insult you how would you feel

Smok
02-03-2006, 10:59 PM
I completely understand You. I know that sometimes our laws and freedoms are used in wrong way. But freedom is the main superstructure of our civilisation and we have to accept that some people are to stupid to use them in good way. But we can do nothing. It is like some people who are killing innocents crying "I do it in the name of Allah". So in our countries some people do something similiar using freedom of speech as smoke screen.
But we have to defend them because we have to defend freedom. Even if that freedom is used in wrong way.
Personally I'm against these cartoons. I saw them and I think that they are not funny and stupid.
I defend idea of freedom not cartoons.

Ghazi
02-03-2006, 11:01 PM
I completely understand You. I know that sometimes our laws and freedoms are used in wrong way. But freedom is the main superstructure of our civilisation and we have to accept that some people are to stupid to use them in good way. But we can do nothing. It is like some people who are killing innocents crying "I do it in the name of Allah". So in our countries some people do something similiar using freedom of speech as smoke screen.
But we have to defend them because we have to defend freedom. Even if that freedom is used in wrong way.
Personally I'm against these cartoons. I saw them and I think that they are not funny and stupid.
I defend idea of freedom not cartoons.
Salaam

Could you kindly answer the question, I posted before

Smok
02-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Salaam
Probably I will be angry. But I'm very cold person, very logical and it is difficult to touch me. I have huge distance to everything and I don't take this world serious :) So it is very difficult to insult me.

anis_z24
02-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Salam
from her comments about Islam, I feel we need to start saving as much people as we can. We are in a verge of a huge change.
Visit the Plan to do thread. I don't mean to anoy anyone, but if you want to do something about this world, There are people who do on the thread I mentioned, meet us there.

Smok
02-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Oh don't took her to serious. Politicals in Europe produce many words but little of action.
If only 1% of words spoken by politicals would be realised than we will have paradise on earth :)

jalo
02-03-2006, 11:40 PM
I wonder if perhaps she has been mis-quoted (you know what the media is like) and was referring to "terrorists". To some people "Terrorism" and Islam are the same, obviously these people know nothing of Islam but judge everyone by the actions of a few.

May Allah use his powers to heal this divided world.

akulion
02-03-2006, 11:54 PM
no she hasnt been misquoted

shes a racist!!

north_malaysian
02-04-2006, 01:38 AM
I wonder why there in no response by public in my country, Malaysia! But the Foreign minister did comment on this matter. But I dont think Malaysia will close embassy in Denmark or boycott Danish products. Maybe because Carlsberg is No. 1 beer brand in Malaysia!

anis_z24
02-04-2006, 05:00 AM
Salam
This shows you that people can make fun at Islam without respect or being afraid. Which means we are in trouble. Thats why all the protests that are made about the cartoons are ignored. Another point is that when people demonstrated, nothing was orginized. I mean there was no coordination. This country did this this country did that. So the world is laughing at the Muslims. Lets move, before we break up even more.

mujahedeen2087
02-04-2006, 07:38 AM
i hate denmark it is the wack country ever

our once great ummah has fallen, we are defeated

Far7an
02-04-2006, 09:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mujahedeen2087
i hate denmark it is the wack country ever

our once great ummah has fallen, we are defeated
Says who? I beg to differ.

cihad
02-04-2006, 10:26 AM
we will never be defeated
Allahuakbar!!

Umu 'Isa
02-04-2006, 10:41 AM
im getting sick and tired of these kuffars and their pathetic islamic hate. What reason do they have to hate us? They are THREATENED by us. :grumbling

May Allah subhana wa ta'ala grant the muslim ummah victory AMEEN!!!

ALLAHU AKBAR!

sotahoro
02-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Salaam

Alot of things have been happen today first I read a post saying that the muslims below age of 45 were banned from the Al-qasa Mosque now this, Sooner or later a country is gonna declare war against islam.
That's not realistic at all. Western countries are worried about terrorism and nobody would want to invite terrorist by declaring a war on islam. That would be plain stupid. For example, think about the economic consequenses of such a thing. Muslim countries are important markets for many western companies and the companies create work and wealth for their countries. Why to risk that? And of course there's the oil.
There will be no war on islam, be assured.

DaSangarTalib
02-04-2006, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam

May Allah subhana wa ta'ala grant the muslim ummah victory AMEEN!!!

ALLAHU AKBAR!
Ameen Summa Ameen

sotahoro
02-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Salaam

There are also 1 billion people who think, that free speech is the very foundation of democracy. It means that people are allowed to question and critisize things - even religions.

Ghazi
02-04-2006, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sotahoro
There are also 1 billion people who think, that free speech is the very foundation of democracy. It means that people are allowed to question and critisize things - even religions.
Salaam

They can critisize all they want, but they should do it with intelligent debate not with some cheap cartoons.

suhura
02-04-2006, 01:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hasib

You know they are making mischeif and they know it too but just using freedom of speech as an excuse!

There was absolutely no need to print those cartoons!

You're rite! I just saw the news about the cartoons. It's so unfair. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you have the right to condemn other religion. I dont understand why ppl are so against prophet Mohammad(PBUH) and Islam.

czgibson
02-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Greetings,
Islam is one ummah and one nation, are honour is one and our land our one so what word would you use.
You're quite right, but, crucially, Muslims do not all share the same race. Therefore, racism has nothing to do with this. What word would I use to describe the Queen's comments? Anti-Islamic, Islamophobic, foolish - something like that would be far nearer the truth.

format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
shes a racist!!
The message still isn't getting through, for some reason. Calling someone a racist when it's inappropriate is really not helpful at all.

format_quote Originally Posted by suhura
Freedom of speech doesn't mean you have the right to condemn other religion.
Why not? In the UK you're free to say whatever you like as long as you don't incite crime, preach hatred or threaten public safety. It's possible to condemn, criticise or ridicule religions without doing any of those things.

Peace

north_malaysian
02-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Personal opinion dont reflects the whole nation opinion, i think! Maybe Muslims should approach the queen and teach her Islam!

Organized Chaos
02-04-2006, 03:50 PM
i think it is ironic how the cartoon displaying the stereotype of violent islam was responded with violence. couldn't they have picked a way to respond that wouldn't make them look so, for a lack of a better word, stupid? like i said before, the extremists give all of you a bad name. it's sad, but true.

Smok
02-04-2006, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos
i think it is ironic how the cartoon displaying the stereotype of violent islam was responded with violence. couldn't they have picked a way to respond that wouldn't make them look so, for a lack of a better word, stupid? like i said before, the extremists give all of you a bad name. it's sad, but true.
Salaam

X2

These stupid cartoons showed islam as religion of hate. Reactions of muslims (even on this forum) confirmed that. It is really sad but today people in Europe think "Oh! They are wild and aggresive. These cartoons were showing truth."
Reaction of muslims was the worst thing ever and made terrible oppinion for muslims in Europe. You could make that protest in better way. Far better. You just couldn't do anything worse.
Pointing guns at Europe and assaulting people and embassies was really stupid.
:(

Maa salama.

Muezzin
02-04-2006, 05:45 PM
It is ironic and stupid. This reaction is disproproportionate. After all, it's only a drawing; The Prophet (Peace be upon him) put up with far worse than this, like stoning, and never kicked up a fuss.

On the flip side of the coin however, there are unstable people who will react crazily to such provocation and thus the press should ensure they use the right to freedom of expression responsibly.

czgibson
02-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Greetings,

I agree with the three previous posts. The protesters in London, carrying placards with messages such as "Massacre / Behead / Annihilate those who insult Islam" and "Europe, you'll come crawling when the Mujahideen come roaring", have massively hindered, not helped the cause of Islam in its relations with the West.

In fact, what they have done is to provide support for many of the ideas that Islam-haters believe, among them that Islam is a violent and backward faith. While (I believe) most Muslims would condemn the reaction of the protesters as being excessive, the protesters have shown that they themselves actually believe that beheadings, massacres and suicide bombings are Islamically acceptable. It will not be surprising, therefore, if anti-Islamic feeling escalates in the West as a result of the actions of these tiny-minded protesters. They've chosen to act in a way that to me seems to be clearly unIslamic, yet their actions will be mistaken by many as being part of mainstream Islamic thinking.

This is a very worrying situation for everyone, Muslim or kaffir.

Peace

MuslimaH~SistaH
02-04-2006, 06:13 PM
salam
wasalam
Ameen!

imaad_udeen
02-04-2006, 09:46 PM
salam
wasalam
Even the babies and children?

Organized Chaos
02-04-2006, 09:53 PM
they draw a cartoon showing islam as a religion of hate. you respond with hate. how logical is that? you are only making them feel as though they were right.

Ghazi
02-04-2006, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
Salaam

Babies and children arn't kuffar, firstly babies are muslims, cause everyone is born muslim it's the parents that infulence their way of life, and children under 15 havn't got any sin so if they die in that state they'll be sinless.

sonz
02-04-2006, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
salama

all babies and children are considered muslims and are not accountable for their actions untill get to puberty.

this is talking about kufar like those who wage war against islam. the enemies of islam. this is not talking about those who do not fight us.

thats why allah azwajjal said:

Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes.
Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity.

masalama

Organized Chaos
02-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Salaam

Babies and children arn't kuffar, firstly babies are muslims, cause everyone is born muslim it's the parents that infulence their way of life, and children under 15 havn't got any sin so if they die in that state they'll be sinless.
so, if a 13 year old kid goes on a rampage and kills 73 people and then kills himself, he will go to heaven?

sonz
02-04-2006, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Organized Chaos
so, if a 13 year old kid goes on a rampage and kills 73 people and then kills himself, he will go to heaven?
no islam-truth made a mistake. its not under 15 years old but any child who gets to puberty and this is different to all of us.

actions are judged by intentions. a child who was forced by to kill others will not be held accountable. can u picture a child who hasnt attained puberty go on a rampage and kill 73 people?

Organized Chaos
02-04-2006, 10:08 PM
yes. i live in america. there are plenty of prebubescent gang members.

Ghazi
02-04-2006, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
no islam-truth made a mistake. its not under 15 years old but any child who gets to puberty and this is different to all of us.

actions are judged by intentions. a child who was forced by to kill others will not be held accountable. can u picture a child who hasnt attained puberty go on a rampage and kill 73 people?
Salaam

Your right, Most children go through puberty in their early teens and thats what I ment under 15.

R_Mujahed
02-05-2006, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
It is ironic and stupid. This reaction is disproproportionate. After all, it's only a drawing; The Prophet (Peace be upon him) put up with far worse than this, like stoning, and never kicked up a fuss.

On the flip side of the coin however, there are unstable people who will react crazily to such provocation and thus the press should ensure they use the right to freedom of expression responsibly.

Aslamualikum Warahmatu ALLAH Wabartakatoh
BismALLAH Arhman Arheem,

Al-Hijr (Rock City) Surah 95

إِنَّا كَفَيْنَاكَ الْمُسْتَهْزِئِينَ

For sufficient are We unto thee against those who scoff,-

Dear Brothers and Sisters.... When this Aya came down, five people of the tribe of Quraysh, and I apologize but I cannot Remember their names, gathered one night and started to scoff the Rasool (PBUH) and mock him, and humiliate him...So Jabril (AS) came down and asked the Prophet (PBUH) to point them out, so the Rasool (PBUH) pointed to each one of them, so then Jabril (AS) pointed to a particular part of their body and told the Prophet (PBUH) that ALLAH (SWT) is with you and he will take care of them!

So one them was walking in the city one day, and got accidentally hit with two arrows in his knees by someone who was practicing archery, and so they had to be amputated... The other one feel in a thorn trap, and the thorns came into his eyes and he went blind... the next one got air-bubbles in his head and died... the other one had a disease the Arabs called yellow water where a person will secrete waste through their mouth and nose, and he died... and the last but not least, stepped on a poisonous thorn on a long journey he was making, and died on the way! and they all where effected in the area Jabril (AS) pointed to!

Brothers and Sisters the only validity that this story has is that a Khateeb, told the story during the Friday sermon today, and according to him it is in Sahih Al-Tabari!...and Im trying to find it! Im sure it would be in there, but the hard part is getting Al-Tabari's books!

May ALLAH (SWT) send his severe punishment on those who do this (Denmark, Norwegians)!

We have to make our love bigger for the Prophet (PBUH) in our hearts:

Like the Sahaba that took an arrow through his hand so that it does not hit Him (PBUH) or when the women held up the sword to fight for the Rasool (PBUH) in battle of Uhad, when the Rasool (PBUH) got hit in His Face (PBUH) and he lost teeth!....The love that a women showed when she heard that her Father, Husband, and Brother died... and she worried that something happened to the Rasool and insisted on seeing him and when she did she was calmed and relieved and said every problem after you, Ya Rasoola ALLAH (PBUH) is a small one!

Waslamualikum Warahmatu ALLAH Wabarakatoh

suhura
02-05-2006, 05:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Why not? In the UK you're free to say whatever you like as long as you don't incite crime, preach hatred or threaten public safety. It's possible to condemn, criticise or ridicule religions without doing any of those things.

Peace
Well from what I know Under international law,freedom of speech
is required to comport with a strict three part test:

1. they must be provided by law;
2. pursue an aim recognized as legitimate;
3. they must be necessary (i.e., proportionate) for the accomplishment of that aim

Amongst the aims considered legitimate are protection of the rights and reputations of others (prevention of defamation), and the protection of national security and public order, health and morals.

What does defamation mean?

Defamation can be categorised as Libel or slander which means false statement that negatively affects someone's reputation in this case the cartoons affect the prophet's reputation and to its ummah.

According to the American and English Encyclopedia of Law, a libel is a malicious defamation expressed either by writing or printing or by signs, pictures, effigies or the like; tending to blacken the memory of one who is dead, or to impeach the honesty, integrity, virtue or reputation, or to publish the natural or alleged defects of one who is alive, thereby exposing him to public hatred, contempt, ridicule or obloquy; or to cause him to be avoided or shunned or to injure him in his office, business or occupation.

I hope this explanation is clear enough of what the limits of freedom of speech are.

MuslimaH~SistaH
02-05-2006, 05:27 PM
http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/mi...st/4682560.stm

Well,I live in Norway,we're neighbour with Denmark!
And Today A man has been killed,some norwegian man killed him!The man was killed Because he was muslim!-:confused: :(:(

czgibson
02-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Greetings suhura,

Thanks for your description of the libel laws, but I'm not sure they apply in this case. You can sue someone for libel if the make a written statement about you (or someone whose interests you defend) which is factually incorrect. However, a political cartoon is not a medium for presenting facts - it is for showing an opinion.

I'm not a lawyer, so I could be wrong about this, so perhaps you (or other Muslims) could try suing the cartoonists or the newspaper if you think you have a case.

Peace

imaad_udeen
02-14-2006, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
salama

all babies and children are considered muslims and are not accountable for their actions untill get to puberty.

this is talking about kufar like those who wage war against islam. the enemies of islam. this is not talking about those who do not fight us.

thats why allah azwajjal said:

Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes.
Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity.

masalama
Allahu Akbar!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.