/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'lizard Girl' In Hospital

mmc
04-07-2005, 11:00 AM
'LIZARD GIRL' IN HOSPITAL

Thousands of curious visitors have beseiged an Indian hospital to see a girl who is supposed to be half-human and half-lizard.

Despite denials by doctors that a girl who had been brought in by her mother had actually turned into a lizard the crowds just kept growing.

Staff and patients at the J J Hospital at Byculla tried to turn back the tide of thrill-seekers but the curious managed to get into the building and search the wards for the lizard-girl.

They were even close to breaking into the intensive care unit for heart patients.

The rumour was that the girl, from the Pune area in south west India, turned into a lizard after desecrating a holy book.

She was watching television when her mother knelt down for evening prayers.

The mother asked her daughter to turn off the television, but the teenager kicked the holy book, and turned into a half-lizard-like creature.

No one knows how, when or where the rumour originated.

Dr Pravin Shingare, J J Hospital and Grant Medical College dean, said that he was at first getting phone calls asking for the patient then people started turning up.

He added: "There were many women and youngsters."

Police from the nearby J J Marg station were put on alert to manage the hordes but they proved too little too late.

Some patients complained about the near riot that ensued.

One said: "Everybody is being inconvenienced because of one patient."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
04-07-2005, 11:29 AM
yeah i read about that yesterday. i was gonna post it here but brother mmc beat me 2 it :p

its on cnn news as well - thats were i read it at least. it might be up on sky news too.

Khattab
04-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Did the prophet (swh) not say at the end of times some humans would be transformed into animals?

It was reported from Abu Hurairah that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said, "By Him Who sent me with the Truth, this earth will not pass away until people are afflicted with landslides, are pelted with stones, and are transformed into animals." The people asked, "When will that be, O Messenger of Allah?" He said, "When you see women riding in the saddle, when singers are common, when bearing false witness becomes widespread, and when men lie with men and women with women".

h1jabi_sista
04-11-2005, 06:47 PM
allah knows best :)

im sure ive heard sumfing like that before..ages ago though.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
04-11-2005, 08:08 PM
:sl:

It could quite possibly be true.. Allahu A'lam.. Just another sign to show us that nothing is impossible for Allah SWT.

Jazakallah khair for the hadith brothe Khattab.

Snowflake
01-13-2006, 07:24 PM

I was wondering if anyone else has heard about the girl who turned into a fish? It seems unbelievable, but my neighbour showed me the pictures.

Apparently, during Hajj, the girl's mother told her to recite the Quran but she kicked it (astaghfirullah) and, I don't know the full story, but it resulted in the girl turning into a fish. You can make out the human skeleton under the fish's skin. She has since died.

I don't know what to make of it as yet, and I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything. It is supposed to be on the internet somewhere. My neighbours will be soon visiting the girl's family who live nearby, so I'll find out more laters. *Shivers*

Muezzin
01-13-2006, 07:28 PM

It sounds very similar to this other story which was proved false. It's just a silly urban legend that warns kids not to kick the Quran, under the bizarre assumption that kids would kick the Quran unless they were warned not to.

The pictures were probably photoshopped.

If your neighbours verify the story however, I'll eat my topi.

bluff master
01-13-2006, 07:30 PM
i dont know but i heard last year in india one lady kicked a quran n her half body was in lizard form, i think any one in india like zAk might know.

zAk please tell more aobut it

afriend2
01-13-2006, 07:33 PM
salaam,

about a couple of years ago i heard of a story (Allah knows best) about a teenage girl who at Maghrib time kicked the Quran and apparently turned into a pig. she later died. i have no idea whether these are rumours or just messed up stories, but Allah knows best.

wassalam

Muezzin
01-13-2006, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
salaam,

about a couple of years ago i heard of a story (Allah knows best) about a teenage girl who at Maghrib time kicked the Quran and apparently turned into a pig. she later died. i have no idea whether these are rumours or just messed up stories, but Allah knows best.

wassalam
They are messed up stories. They all involve kicking the Quran and the culprit being turned into a beast. Check out sites like snopes.com, and you'll see that all these urban legends have common motifs.

Snowflake
01-13-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm ashamed to admit that when my neighbour told me I burst out laughing, she was like "OMG, don't u believe it?!!!!!" :-[ It sounded so absurd, cuz I was picturing mermaids.

If there's any truth in it, I'll forgive anyone, anything!

- Qatada -
01-13-2006, 07:40 PM
:wasalamex

They all rumourz.. we've seen some stuff spread like this before, and its mainly photoshop.

Anyway, we see how most people get shocked when something like this happens, but most dont even care about the akhirah.. So lets just remember that, its good enough to prove that we shouldn't be doing all these bad acts, and should remember Allaah Almighty before doing any action. If we dont, we know the consequences anyway..

:salamext:

Muhammad
01-13-2006, 07:44 PM

Threads merged.

Please also see: http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...-into-dog.html

Snowflake
01-13-2006, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:wasalamex

They all rumourz.. we've seen some stuff spread like this before, and its mainly photoshop.

Anyway, we see how most people get shocked when something like this happens, but most dont even care about the akhirah.. So lets just remember that, its good enough to prove that we shouldn't be doing all these bad acts, and should remember Allaah Almighty before doing any action. If we dont, we know the consequences anyway..

:salamext:
True! Even if these stories are not true, they make ur blood run cold just thinking about the possibilities and the consequences of our deeds.

Syed Hussain
01-13-2006, 09:09 PM
ASW
it could be true there is a similar story like this but a female becomes a monkey and the guards and doctors hide the issue but apparently tthey become muslims but dont tell anyone about the incident or somfin like that.
ASW

Snowflake
01-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Has anyone else noticed that it's always females that these things happen to :?

Muezzin
01-14-2006, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed
Has anyone else noticed that it's always females that these things happen to :?
Yes. Which is further fuel to the argument that these are nothing more than urban legends. I've yet to see one of these things actually backed up with more than hearsay evidence or doctored photos.

sapphire
01-15-2006, 12:33 AM
yeah hear this alot.......but the stories are from wayy back.......Allah knowes best.....

Wahid
01-15-2006, 01:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khattab
It was reported from Abu Hurairah that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said, "By Him Who sent me with the Truth, this earth will not pass away until people are afflicted with landslides, are pelted with stones, and are transformed into animals." The people asked, "When will that be, O Messenger of Allah?" He said, "When you see women riding in the saddle, when singers are common, when bearing false witness becomes widespread, and when men lie with men and women with women".
salam
Very accurate description of this time...

Malaikah
01-15-2006, 11:43 AM
salam

a while ago an email was circulating about a girl who yelled at her mum when she was readin Quran and then kicked the Quran or something and was turned in to an animal, almost like a pig... there was even a pic to 'prove' it, however a little research latre and it was discovered that the picture actually originated from a website with many other comptuer generated images.

In other words, it was fake. As on of the brothers mentioned, this is an urban legend, the most obvious proof being that the stories always very similar and yet differ in imprtant detials, such as the location and the type of animal.

Some people just have nothing better to do than spread silly rumours.

-of course, Allah s.w.t. is capable of doing anything he likes and we have been informed in the Quiran of real incidents in which people were turned in to animals (pigs and monkeys)

wassalam
wassalam

Brother_Mujahid
01-15-2006, 12:19 PM
This stuffs fake, i think its amazing how much people actually believe it. You get loads of this stuff circulated through e-mail.

another point, when people have been changed into animals they are changed into either monkeys or pigs. As the jews were previously punished and changed by Allah (swt)

wa'alykumasalam

Muezzin
01-15-2006, 01:58 PM
I eagerly await the new urban legend, where a girl is changed into:

Everyone will believe it, because if it's on the Internet, it MUST be true :p

Khaldun
01-15-2006, 02:03 PM

wow subhanAllah! where did this happen? Can you confirm this brother Muezzin? La huwla wala quwata illa billah :heated: *mutters* a buckaroo aswell....:okay:

May Allah have mercy on all of us.

sapphire
01-15-2006, 02:27 PM
lol ;D ;D havnt played that since i was a kid.......my mum said she heard they took place (the ones we heard of) real close to after Nabi (s)'s time......but no proof but people telling each other and the stories being passed on....

Sanobar
01-15-2006, 03:41 PM
salam!
the pic put up is diff 4rm wat i got to see...i mean i actually wathced an MMS of the girl ummmmm lizard wateva!...its weird..and i too think its all fake...! but then Allahu alam!

ma'salamah

Ra`eesah
01-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

It has been established that this story is infact false and a hoax, there is really no benefit in carrying on this discussion. I ask brothers and sisters to authenticate a story before posting it in future InshaAllaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.