/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does Lillah mean?

Snowflake
02-04-2006, 05:09 PM
:sl:

I need to know what 'lillah' means on it's own in arabic. But not when combined with other words as in alhumdulillah. I think it's something to do with charity/zakaat.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sonz
02-04-2006, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed
:sl:

I need to know what 'lillah' means on it's own in arabic. But not when combined with other words as in alhumdulillah. I think it's something to do with charity/zakaat.

Thanks
salama

it means allah but u cant say it like that. it has to go with another part or else its not complete. alhamdulilah (all praise belongs to allah)

Muezzin
02-04-2006, 05:47 PM
I always thought it meant 'charity'. Guess I was wrong.

Maybe cos I heard it in this context:

'Lillah for the mosque.' :p

sapphire
02-04-2006, 05:54 PM
lillah is charity innit??i always hear 'sadqah and lillah'i guess it depends when its used.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nabal12
02-04-2006, 05:58 PM
They say "lillah" when they're asking you to give charity. I hear "Give charity fi sabilillah" all the time. That pretty much means to give charity for the sake of allah.

Snowflake
02-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Tnx for your input everyone.

Zak:the prefix " li " means FOR...
Lillah = for Allah
Tnx Zak bro. I understand now (lillah means donations given to non-muslims for the sake of Allah).

Arwa
02-05-2006, 01:53 PM
lilah is a type of chairty as well as it's meaning for Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.