/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am dying....

akulion
02-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Salam Alaikum....

Brothers and Sisters....

Unfortunately I have been diagnosed with a terminal condition for which there is no cure...:offended:

Therefore I am dying - when I will be gone no one knows, could be today or tomorrow or in a few weeks, no one really knows.....

My condition is known as: Life
And whoever has it will die eventually.

So check yourself and remember if you are alive, so will you face death.

21: 35
Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial: to Us must ye return.

So while I am alive I can ask whoever I have done wrong to to forgive me and forgive whoever did evil against me, for after I am gone I will never have this chance and will have to account for all wrong I did.

Tirmizi & Abu Dawood
Have mercy on the people of Earth, The Owner of Heaven will have Mercy on you.

While I am alive I will leave something as "sadaqat ul-jariyah" (continous charity) on my behalf so that it benefits me after I am dead.

Fiqh 3.104a
The perpetual sadaqah (sadaqat ul-jariyah): Ahmad and Muslim relate that the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, said: "When a person dies [the benefit] of his deeds ends, except three: a continuous sadaqah, knowledge from which benefit is derived, or a pious child invoking Allah for him."

While I am alive I can take each moment to serve my parents for indeed they can be a means for me to attain Jannah.

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 4939 Narrated by Mu'awiyah ibn Jahimah
Jahimah came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said, "Messenger of Allah, I desire to go on a military expedition and I have come to consult you. He asked him if he had a mother, and when he replied that he had, he said, "Stay with her, for Paradise is at her feet."

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 3364 Narrated by Jabir ibn Abdullah
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "If anyone possesses these three characteristics Allah will give him an easy death and bring him into His Paradise: gentleness towards the weak, affection towards parents, and kindness to slaves."

While I am alive I can supplicate to Allah for forgiveness and for Jannah for Allah hears all supplicants.

Chapter 39 - Verses 53 & 54
Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.
"Turn ye to your Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will) before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped.

Hadith Qudsi 33
A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

Hadith Qudsi 34
O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

While I am alive let me do good deeds and spend of the wealth Allah has given me to help others

Hadith Qudsi 11
Spend (on charity), O son of Adam, and I shall spend on you.

Hadith Qudsi 12
A man from among those who were before you was called to account. Nothing in the way of good was found for him except that he used to have dealings with people and, being well-to-do, he would order his servants to let off the man in straitened circumstances [from repaying his debt]. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said that Allah said: We are worthier than you of that (of being so generous). Let him off (be forgiven)

While I am alive let me keep into remembrance Allah and know that he is indeed most merciful

Hadith Qudsi 15
I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

While I am alive let me take care of the ill and the hungry and the thirsty

Hadith Qudsi 18
O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink whin You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me.

While I am alive let me love others for the sake of Allah and forgive their shortcomings

Hadith Qudsi 23
Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade.

While I am alive let me guard my tongue and not pass judgement on others lest it should be true for me!

Hadith Qudsi 31
A man said: By Allah, Allah will not forgive So-and-so. At this Allah the Almighty said: Who is he who swears by Me that I will not forgive So-and-so? Verily I have forgiven So-and-so and have nullified your [own good] deeds (or as he said [it]).

Alhamdolillah I am stil alive for if I was not I could not do any of those things.
So let us always remember that death is just around the corner!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
02-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

jazak Allah khair, duuuuuude i thought u were going through something like cancer, it scared me!!

alhemdulilah your not, and jazak Allah khair for the reminder..although something i always think about subhanallah, cuz of that hadith that said "The only uncurable disease Allah gave us is age."

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

afriend2
02-04-2006, 06:20 PM
salaam,

the title of the thread shocked me, and i was just saying "whats wrong with brother Akulion?" but mashAllah a very good, and eyeopening article. :)

it is a scary thing but so true, something that we should all be aware of. life doesnt go on forever.

wassalam

ummhabibah
02-04-2006, 06:40 PM
:sl:

my eyes nearly poped out subhanallah.i was so scared:(

jazakallah khair brother for dat precious reminder.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaSangarTalib
02-04-2006, 06:42 PM

Masha'allah a very good reminder...:)

:w:

akulion
02-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Jazak Allah khair :D

Yes its meant to be "shocking" because though we may not think of it buch but the truth is we are all closer to death with each passing second of our lives!

Alhamdolillah

ishkabab
02-04-2006, 08:39 PM
DEATH ..!!:offended:

arehat
02-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Mashallah very effective may Allah guide us Ammen

Discussor
02-04-2006, 09:39 PM
indeed, all will meet their fate

Umm Safiya
02-05-2006, 06:02 PM

Mashâ'Allâh, very good.. Barak Allâhu fik akhee..
You scared me with that title though.. But that was the point.. Nice..

sapphire
02-05-2006, 06:05 PM
subhanallah bro ! u scared me! am like whts up with bro akulion!ya Allah! jazakallah for sharing!great reminder!

Nawal89
02-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I was like what has happened to bro akulion? lol.. had me scared. Its good to know that you dont have cancer akulion.
OH and nice article by the way.

Rabi'ya
02-05-2006, 08:08 PM
MAshAllah a lovely article.

(side note, please dont use such a shocking title - got scared for your wellbeing)

Rabi'ya:rose:

Smok
02-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Life is venereal illnes and there is no cure for it. :)

akulion
02-05-2006, 10:13 PM
ok sorry for the shock- I wont use shocking titles anymore :D

nurul3eyn
02-05-2006, 11:40 PM
My eyes nearly popped out looool i thought u were dying subhanallah....well you not..Jazakallah for reminding us May Allah reward you.

Kent Nielsen
02-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Those were good reminders for what is important in life. :thankyou: I must say you startled me, though.

mizan_aliashraf
02-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Salam

Every soul shall taste death. Then you shall return to us.

Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
02-06-2006, 02:49 PM
salam
mashallah great reminder
may allah guide us to the straight path
wasalam

aamirsaab
02-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Edit (delete please)

P.s Jazakallah kheir for deleting that innapropriate post.

Snowflake
02-07-2006, 08:40 PM
:eek: I was already beginning to think of supplications for incurable diseases before I'd even got past the first sentence! But gr8 article.

Mawaddah
02-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Brother akulion!!! I was sooooooo shocked when I read the title! I was like Ya Allah no! man...but alhamdulillah I'm glad it's not what I feared, just a very good article masha'allah, but next time go lighter on the titles, you shocked me :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.