/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody and hugs to everyone from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prawned
02-05-2006, 03:21 AM
Hi everyone here,
I'm not muslim but I came here because I had some questions about Michael Jackson and the Arab world. I wouldn't really say I'm a Michael Jackson fan exactly, but I will say when Thriller was released on December 1st 1982 I was first in line to buy a copy.

Anyway I understand Michael Jackson has been living in the middle east and dressing up like a woman and by some accounts even using women's restrooms (or "bathrooms", I'm not sure the terminology you are most familiar with) These could just be rumors though, I know sometimes people lie about things like in newspapers and such which print lies. I was just wondering if this is true or if not. And if it is true, how is Michael Jackson perceived in the Muslim world?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
02-05-2006, 03:57 PM
welcome to the forum...

as an ex-non-muslim i used to really like Michael Jackson, I feel kinda sorry for the guy coz hes just tryna live a quiet life but everyone in the media seems to be harassing him. He obviously felt the only way he can go about his normal life is to dress as a fully covered women in an arab country.

He is not a Muslim - as far as i know - only God knows his true intentions so I cannot judge him.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and enjoy your stay

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Sanobar
02-05-2006, 04:02 PM
no idea ! :)

anyhow welcome! :):)

sapphire
02-05-2006, 04:08 PM
welcome to the forum! hope you have an enjoyable and benefitial stay! no idea about michael jackson...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Prawned
02-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Some people are asking who ichael Jackson is, well he is a "pop" star. A music maker and singer. Or maybe the term that would be most universal would be "entertainer" though there are some shady rumors and allegations about him and I'm trying to get to the bottom about this stuff. I'm not a fan or anything, I'm just saying. Why does he dress as a woman in the Muslim world? I mean it seems pretty clear that Allah would not approve I think. I'm not Muslim but I'm going out on a limb here and making a guess. He's had some legal problems, with respect to his um, molestation of young boys. I know the Christian bible, in the old testament, tells us that homosexuals should be stoned (that is, have stones thrown at them until they are dead) I can provide you the exact verse if you need, sen me a PM or post here, it's in the book of Leviticus--but it doesn't specifically say anything about child molestation as far as I recall which I think should be equally punished if not more so. Yet I'm still curious, does Islam also encourage people to for large groups and hurl stones at homosexuals? And how does Islam feel about child molestation? (I assume it's not acceptable, I would hope, but what is the punishment?)

Prawned
02-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Maybe I should have started a new thread for all this LOL

akulion
02-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Michela Jackson as far as I know is not dressing up as a woman lol

I dont know where you heard that - if it was a newspaper or magazine, please do provide a reference :)

Thats all i know

Prawned
02-05-2006, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
Michela Jackson as far as I know is not dressing up as a woman lol

I dont know where you heard that - if it was a newspaper or magazine, please do provide a reference :)

Thats all i know
Hello and thank you for yro reply. I really should have started a new thread abotu this instead of putting it in my welcome thread. But anyway, I'm not sure if you know about the news and such, but yes I'll provide a link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060125/..._jackson1_dc_1

Pow.

But anyway, yes this is just the news and they let you print or write anything you want in the news so these could all be lies and lies on top of lies, so I'm wondering what is the truth here. Is this really happening, because it seems rather ridiculous to me, or is it all just lies in the newspapers and so maybe I can then understand why we should boycott the newspapers and food companies because they are telling lies about Michael Jackson and Muhammed and who knows what else. Because the truth should be told.

nurul3eyn
02-05-2006, 11:17 PM
welcome to the forum..

Mohsin
02-05-2006, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Prawned
Hello and thank you for yro reply. I really should have started a new thread abotu this instead of putting it in my welcome thread. But anyway, I'm not sure if you know about the news and such, but yes I'll provide a link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060125/..._jackson1_dc_1

Pow.

But anyway, yes this is just the news and they let you print or write anything you want in the news so these could all be lies and lies on top of lies, so I'm wondering what is the truth here. Is this really happening, because it seems rather ridiculous to me, or is it all just lies in the newspapers and so maybe I can then understand why we should boycott the newspapers and food companies because they are telling lies about Michael Jackson and Muhammed and who knows what else. Because the truth should be told.

yes i totally agree with you, truth should always be told

I used to like Michael Jackson's music a lot before i started practicing Islam, was one of my favourites
I don't believe he is a paedophile (sp?), but he obviously has issues in his pesonal life, and i think it's mainly due to him always hving been in the spotlight ever since a young age, which must've been tough
In general we don't agree with the playing of musical instruments
Also we don't agree with plastic surgery, a person should be happy with how God has created him/her
Of course Michael Jackson denies ever having done plastic surgery so i can't really judge him there, God knows best what he has done
I hope one day he does become Muslim, it would help him in his life and help settle him and give him that peace he is looking for

Tilmeez
02-06-2006, 08:49 AM
thanks for ur Hugs....
:welcome: to the forum

stay here with us hopefully u wll enjoy ur stay :insahllah: (if ALLAH willing)

:rose:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.