/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al-Shamsiah or Al-Qamariyyah?

Umm_Maysa
02-05-2006, 09:07 AM
:sl:
In surah Al Qiyamah 75, Ayah 29 Kalimah Wal taffati why it is not wattaffati as I know the hurf ta is Shamsiah letter.
Also please anyone can explain to me the characteristic of Khafa' which is for letter ha' and mad letter. My tajweed teacher is arabic speaking. I cannot understand her clearly when she explain in english.
Also , I just know it today about mad ma'nawi which is only for kalimah Allah. My teacher cannot find the right word in english but I understand it when u stop on the word Allah then it is called mad Ma'nawi. What is it mean ma'nawi actually?Jazakallahu khairan.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
02-08-2006, 10:29 PM

Im sorry for such a late reply, but mashAllah your question got me thinking, jazzakAllah Khair!

I do understand your confusion, but with this ayah the difference is that the letter "Laam" is not like the other "Laam"'s by that I mean its not the normal "Al" Infact the Laam is part of the word! Its root word is "Laffa" meaning to "cross" something with something else, due to this reason the "Laam" must be pronounced. :brother:

As for the maad question i'll come back to it inshAllah, just need to find the kitaab lol

Khaldun
02-10-2006, 06:26 PM

I cant seem to understand your second question I am afraid, maybe you could rephrase it?

Umm_Maysa
02-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Thanks for your reply. I have search in english but could not find it. I found in arabic but cannot understand.. here it is
- الخفاء:
لغة: الاستتار واصطلاحا: ضعف التصويت عند النطق بالحرف وحروفه 4 هي الهاء وحروف المد وسميت بذلك لانها تخفي في اللفظ اذا اندرجت بعد حرف قبلها.

اما الخفاء في الهاء فلاجتماع صفات الضعف فيها ولذا تقوي بالصلة ان كانت ضميرا.
اما حروف المد فلسعة مخرجها لانه مقدر ولذا قويت بالمد

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Takumi
02-10-2006, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Maysa
Thanks for your reply. I have search in english but could not find it. I found in arabic but cannot understand.. here it is
- ??????:
???: ???????? ????????: ??? ??????? ??? ????? ?????? ?????? 4 ?? ????? ????? ???? ????? ???? ????? ???? ?? ????? ??? ?????? ??? ??? ?????.

??? ?????? ?? ????? ???????? ???? ????? ???? ???? ???? ?????? ?? ???? ?????.
??? ???? ???? ????? ?????? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?????
I'm not sure, Al Khafa is one of the 17 sifaat outlined by Imam al Jazari. Is this the rules of Hafs an 'Asim?

According to my limited understanding of the above sentences, the sifaat Al Khafa belong to the letter ha, and all the madd letters (alif, ya and wow).

For all the madd letters, it's called such since their pronunciation is hidden when it comes after any letter.

For the letter ha (deep ha, before the letter ya) the sentence implies that the sound of ha is somewhat subtle (in between its weak sifaat and strong) if one finds it to as a dhomeer (pronoun) and is read in wasl (continuance; that means, you don't stop at it, which obviously the sifaat of al hams and ar rakhaawaah would supersede)

Secondly, mad ma'nawi is a bigger category, a contrast of mad lafzhi (comprises of all the mudood: from mad asli to mad laazim kalimi, etc).

It's pertaining to the meaning of a word, especially the word Allah to amplify its meaning, even though many authentic reciters do not agree with this rule. In fact, madd ma'nawi is being used mainly in du'a and the athan, where the pronunciation of Allah is longer than it should.

It's also used in kalimah tawheed.

Allah knows best.

Umm_Maysa
02-11-2006, 06:54 AM
Jazakallahu khairan for the explanation. Next time I know where to look for help if I don't understand something :)

Khaldun
02-11-2006, 08:54 PM

MashAllah, LI is the place to be :brother: Im glad you found it beneficial

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!