PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself



Jeness18
02-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi I'm Jen,
I need all of your help at this site. I am a Christian learning about Islam in History class. We have to interview 8 people on what they know about Islam. I want people like you guys here to answer the questions because I feel that you know most of the answers. Your name will NOT be revealed in my report so please answer questions as honestly you can. You can e-mail your answers to these questions at my e-mail address... nessap@comcast.net
Please do not get offended at any of the questions asked...my teacher made them up. Please answer the questions for me...and if you have any comments about the questions in general, I would love to hear them. Thank you, and Here are the questions::okay:
1. What is your age?*
2. What is your political party affiliation?:rollseyes *
3. Are you a practicing Muslim?*
4. Do you practice a religion? If so what religion is it?*
5. How familiar are you with Islam on a scale from 1-10(10 is an expert)?
6. What is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear the word "Islam"?
7. Do you feel that Islam preaches violence?
8. What do you feel the core differences are between Islam and Christianity?
9. Why do you think there has been hatred of the West along with Christianity and Judaism in much of the Islamic world?
10. What do you feel is the cause for this hatred?
11. Do you feel that Islam's core beliefs were responsible for the terrorist attacks?
12. Why do you feel that many terrorist activities are carried out by Islamic groups?
13. Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move to your community, it would be less safe? Would you feel the same as you do now?
14. Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move to your community they would be accepted in the community?


*- you don't have answer those questions if they are too personal...if any questions bother you in any way just skip them...but I really need you all to help me get a good grade. I feel you all can help me analyze Islam, the right way. Thank you,
Jen email me at Nessap@comcast.net
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jeness18
02-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Do you not like me for being curious of your religion?
Reply

Imam786
02-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jeness18
Do you not like me for being curious of your religion?
sure whats wrong with learing bout Islam?....ur welcome to learn as much as u'd like..
Reply

Shadow
02-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I will be unable to answer all the questions mainly because i dont type much :p
and i dont feel like typing much either
im more of those ppl who read posts and read more posts and once in an epoch, type something :p

anyways welcome and I hope u learn more about Islam from this forum

:welcome:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Mohsin
02-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jeness18
Hi I'm Jen,
I need all of your help at this site. I am a Christian learning about Islam in History class. We have to interview 8 people on what they know about Islam. I want people like you guys here to answer the questions because I feel that you know most of the answers. Your name will NOT be revealed in my report so please answer questions as honestly you can. You can e-mail your answers to these questions at my e-mail address... nessap@comcast.net
Please do not get offended at any of the questions asked...my teacher made them up. Please answer the questions for me...and if you have any comments about the questions in general, I would love to hear them. Thank you, and Here are the questions::okay:
1. What is your age?*
2. What is your political party affiliation?:rollseyes *
3. Are you a practicing Muslim?*
4. Do you practice a religion? If so what religion is it?*
5. How familiar are you with Islam on a scale from 1-10(10 is an expert)?
6. What is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear the word "Islam"?
7. Do you feel that Islam preaches violence?
8. What do you feel the core differences are between Islam and Christianity?
9. Why do you think there has been hatred of the West along with Christianity and Judaism in much of the Islamic world?
10. What do you feel is the cause for this hatred?
11. Do you feel that Islam's core beliefs were responsible for the terrorist attacks?
12. Why do you feel that many terrorist activities are carried out by Islamic groups?
13. Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move to your community, it would be less safe? Would you feel the same as you do now?
14. Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move to your community they would be accepted in the community?


*- you don't have answer those questions if they are too personal...if any questions bother you in any way just skip them...but I really need you all to help me get a good grade. I feel you all can help me analyze Islam, the right way. Thank you,
Jen email me at Nessap@comcast.net

1)18
2)
3) Inshallah (God willing) i'd like to think so, but Allah knows est only he can judge, but i do try
4) Lol you should ask this question befoe number 3. Yes i practice Islam, the religion since the time of Prophet Adam Peace Be Upon Him
5) I dunno, wouldn't say i'm too familiar when compared to scholars of islam and some people on this website, but i rekon i'd be able to hold my own with a non-muslim and give suitable knowledge, i'd say 6-7
6) Submission Via Peace To Allah, and The Truth from god
7) No it doesn't teach violence, it teaches peace
8) Core difference = Jesus. We believe he was a muslim, a messenger, sent by God, like he sent Moses David Abraham Muhammed Peace Be Upon Them. Christians elive he was son of god, or god. They believe he died on the cross for our sins, muslims believe he isn't dead, he was raised up will return and will testify to living christians that he never claimed divinity. we believe God didn't need his son to die on a cross to forgive everyone, where God is so great that if he just says Be, everyone is forgiven. As muslims we don't understand the purpose of just beliveing Jesus died on the cross and then just living a normal life without thinking of consequences of our actions because we think we are forgiven because God sacrificed his son 2000 years ago for us
9) Don't know what you're talkin about, Islamic State is the only time in history where muslims christians and jews have lived together in peace. Islamic countries have no problems with Jews or Christians. With the west muslim countries don't like how they keep invading and oppressing muslims in countries like Iraq, Afghanistan, and they don't like how Palestinians are eing treated
10) Answered above i think
11) No, i think it was hate stemming from how America needlessly invaded Iraq without proof and continuously let iraqis die everyday
12) I don't think this question is very good. It's not islamic to do this. I can say Israel have been carrying out terrorism in palestine for years. What do you consider a terrorist? someone who kills innocent people. Then i can quite easily say Geoge Bush is the biggest terrorist in the world and not Osama Bin Ladin. So many terrosit activities are carried out y so called islamic roups aswel as non-muslim roups, also IRA
13) If moe muslims were to move to my community alhumdulillah (All praise to God), why would i feel any danger, i'd probably feel safer. I think it's an unfair question, you're implying muslims are dangerous when we are not
14) Yes of course they would e accepted. Most civilised people wouldn't even think about these kind of questions, so they wouldn't mind people moving in at all, as most people are open minded and logical

If any probs wit my answers let me know
Reply

DaSangarTalib
02-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the forum Jeness18 enjoy your stay and i hope you learn all you want bout Islam and also ppl will answers you questions hopefully :)

have fun and see you around the forum
Reply

Khadeejah
02-05-2006, 10:14 PM
With all due respect if you are learning about Islam in history class and you are interested mainly in Terrorism then I do not think we are the people to speak to.
Reply

Imam786
02-05-2006, 10:23 PM
1. What is your age?*-19
2. What is your political party affiliation? *what do u mean like democrat n republican?....well im liberal
3. Are you a practicing Muslim?* just converted..
4. Do you practice a religion? If so what religion is it?*yes..i was jewish but now im 100% muslim
5. How familiar are you with Islam on a scale from 1-10(10 is an expert)?right now i'll say 4 to 5
6. What is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear the word "Islam"? Truth
7. Do you feel that Islam preaches violence?Heck no ....i studied it...and i say 100% NO
8. What do you feel the core differences are between Islam and Christianity?Christianty is a religion in which they believe Jesus is god or gods son...in which cases Islam says Jesus is one of our previous prophets.... in which cases Islam says That Allah has begettoth not nor was he ever begotton...and we believe Jesus will be back soon some time before the Day of Ressurection...
9. Why do you think there has been hatred of the West along with Christianity and Judaism in much of the Islamic world?well duh because of the Damn media..many religion's despise Islam cause of what they are taught even though they dont know what Islam is...
10. What do you feel is the cause for this hatred?the MEDIA...and the U.S government...and the ridicules and the conspiricy happening All over the world
11. Do you feel that Islam's core beliefs were responsible for the terrorist attacks?Heck NO....i believe Islam had nothing to do with the terroeist attacks..well U.S had to blame somebody:hiding:
12. Why do you feel that many terrorist activities are carried out by Islamic groups?NOPE
13. Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move to your community, it would be less safe? Would you feel the same as you do now?Safe man safe....i'll feel more safe then all these spanish and blacks living on my block:okay:
14. Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move to your community they would be accepted in the community?
yes definetly...this is new york baby...;D ...well i wouldn't have become muslim if i didnt have a muslim living on my block...


I believe and have seen with my own eyes Islam is a beatiful reigion of PEACE .....if u dont study it...and stare up onto the media then u'll be ignorant for ever...
Reply

Jeness18
02-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Khadeejah
With all due respect if you are learning about Islam in history class and you are interested mainly in Terrorism then I do not think we are the people to speak to.
I am not mainly interested in Terrorism...those are not the questions I am asking...my teacher is. I am sorry if I offended you and your beliefs. I respect Islam probably more than any other religion ever since I joined this group. I actually like to talking to everyone and understanding their views. :)
Reply

Jeness18
02-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Thank you thank you thank you! Your answers are what I was looking for...and I'm sry about the questions if they bothered you in anyway...they are in the words of my teacher and not mine...I should have revised the wording a bit...I can see how bad some of those questions sound...thank you again talk to you again soon i hope!
Reply

akulion
02-05-2006, 10:39 PM
1. What is your age?*
I am 29

2. What is your political party affiliation? *
None - I only support Khilifat rule (Islamic Ruling system)

3. Are you a practicing Muslim?*
Yes, Alhamdolillah

4. Do you practice a religion? If so what religion is it?*
Islam is my way of life

5. How familiar are you with Islam on a scale from 1-10(10 is an expert)?
I know everything that I need to know(essentials), but lack knowledge of in-depth fiqh (Islamic Law) rulings and stuff like that which is really deep. I am pretty well versed and read but I cannot grade myself because Islam is a "way of life" and incorporates ALL aspects of life, so there is no limit to gaining knowledge in Islam.

6. What is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear the word "Islam"?
Allah

7. Do you feel that Islam preaches violence?
Not at all, Islam teaches humanity civility and kindness

8. What do you feel the core differences are between Islam and Christianity?
The difference in the beliefs as to God

9. Why do you think there has been hatred of the West along with Christianity and Judaism in much of the Islamic world?
It is not hatered of the 'people' but rather of their actions. The west in general tries to impose its way of life and standards on to Muslims. Tells Muslims to be secular and also intervenes in the affairs of Muslims all the time. In general western governments look down upon the Muslim and consider themselves superior. It is these actions and attitude of agression that most Muslims dislike, I believe. But I doubt in majority Muslims hate the People of the west because they are another religion or way of life.

10. What do you feel is the cause for this hatred?
I already stated that above

11. Do you feel that Islam's core beliefs were responsible for the terrorist attacks?
Not in the least. Infact I do not believe Muslims are responsible for 9-11 at all.

12. Why do you feel that many terrorist activities are carried out by Islamic groups?
Terrorism is something which has been pinned on to Islamic groups. However most Islamic groups are fighting for freedom to live their way of life in Peace. but with the west intervening all the time there are conflicts. What the west may define as "terrorism" may be definied as a "struggle for freedom" by others. All that being said, Islam does not support the killing of women and Children or bombings of civilian targets or attacks on them.

13. Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move to your community, it would be less safe? Would you feel the same as you do now?
I am a Muslim and I already live in a Muslim community and I feel perfectly safe.

14. Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move to your community they would be accepted in the community?
With the exception of the racist elements in society, I believe that people in general accept each other. Unless ofcourse a person tries to be a 'pain in the neck' of everybody else. So yes I believe that Muslims would be accepted in any society easily as long as it is not biased
Reply

Mohsin
02-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jeness18
I respect Islam probably more than any other religion ever since I joined this group.
Lol well does this statement mean you respect it more than christianity considering you are christian;D Yeah i can see Islam interests you a lot, you should read up about it, and inshallah you'll find it amazing
Reply

Jeness18
02-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by Moss
Lol well does this statement mean you respect it more than christianity considering you are christian;D Yeah i can see Islam interests you a lot, you should read up about it, and inshallah you'll find it amazing
Well...what I meant...is the religions I have learned so far in History class... like Buddhism and Hindusim...lol...that is a difficult question to answer...:? geez...your making me think too hard...haha just kidding
Reply

Jeness18
02-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Hey...I was wondering if you knew who Ansar Al'Adl is....Someone recommended me to speak with him about my questions on Islam...IF ANYONE KNOWS...please just tell me his User name or just tell him to check the questions out...

Thanks:okay:
Reply

Shadow
02-06-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by Jeness18
Hey...I was wondering if you knew who Ansar Al'Adl is....Someone recommended me to speak with him about my questions on Islam...IF ANYONE KNOWS...please just tell me his User name or just tell him to check the questions out...

Thanks:okay:
http://www.islamicboard.com/members/...al-adl-49.html

He is one of the administrators of this forum, thats his user profile i just gave on the link right above, He mostly posts on the comparitive religion section :)
Reply

Imam786
02-06-2006, 04:44 PM
;D so is any of the stuff helping u yet??....u kindah sound like ur from the cia pretending to be a student who wants to learn bout Islam ....:okay:
lol just checking..;)
Reply

Mohsin
02-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Hey imam786 i was wondering, if you have time, maybe you could post your revert story in the revert section in comparitive religion section
Reply

The Ruler
02-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jeness18
1. What is your age?*
2. What is your political party affiliation?:rollseyes *
3. Are you a practicing Muslim?*
4. Do you practice a religion? If so what religion is it?*
5. How familiar are you with Islam on a scale from 1-10(10 is an expert)?
6. What is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear the word "Islam"?
7. Do you feel that Islam preaches violence?
8. What do you feel the core differences are between Islam and Christianity?
9. Why do you think there has been hatred of the West along with Christianity and Judaism in much of the Islamic world?
10. What do you feel is the cause for this hatred?
11. Do you feel that Islam's core beliefs were responsible for the terrorist attacks?
12. Why do you feel that many terrorist activities are carried out by Islamic groups?
13. Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move to your community, it would be less safe? Would you feel the same as you do now?
14. Do you feel as if more Muslims were to move to your community they would be accepted in the community?
hi...welcom to da forum :)

1: 14
2: (i dont undastand :statisfie )
3: yes...alhamdulillah :statisfie
4: Islam
5: i'd say 7 (althgouh i'd b loaadddsss different wen compard to an a'lem)
6: it is my religion and i gotta defend it no matta wat :)
7: No way...its a way to peace :)
8: dat Jesus is a son of god...we do not beliv dat
9: becuz of false accusations :? :?
10: ppl's deeds n thieir false beliefs :?
11: kinda :X
12: (i dunno)
13: i wudnt b much of a difference really
14: just like i said it wudnt b different bcuz look at B'ham (UK) it has loads of muslims but still u cud c dat der is religious doscrimination in da streets n also shools.

Wassalam

PS lookin 4ward to ur posts :) :thankyou:
Reply

Jeness18
02-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Imam786
;D so is any of the stuff helping u yet??....u kindah sound like ur from the cia pretending to be a student who wants to learn bout Islam ....:okay:
lol just checking..;)
Hahaha yes...this is really helping me understand Islam and nope..I am not in the cia...don't worry about that...hahaha :happy:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 11:34 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-17-2006, 06:31 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 05:37 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 07:34 AM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 04:10 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!