/* */

PDA

View Full Version : inter-community relations

fluff
02-06-2006, 12:41 PM
How many of you have non muslim friends?

In my experience, I have encountered difficulties with the parents of some of my muslim friends who think a white catholic girl is going to be a bad influence on their daughters :X
But in most cases we've got along fine, they don't object if my father has a beer in front of them at my house, I don't bject to wearing a headscarf when we go for lunch with their uncle, it's all give and take.
Among some of my friends though I have noticed this voice of mutual respect has been lost, many feel ALL muslims are hostile toward their lifestyle, because of what they read and see in the media (you're all terrorists!)

I understand there are people on both sides who will not settle for any compromise, but are there enough of us who want to live peacefully together to make a difference?
Those shouting for war are shouting the loudest, I would like to hear everyone else for once!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.