/* */

PDA

View Full Version : [Sectarian Article] The Quranites

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-08-2005, 12:32 AM
THE DEVIATION OF QURANITES

The Deviation of those who are satisfied with The Quran To the exclusion of Ahaadeeth
By Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-Ud-Deen al-Albaanee

It is a matter of regret that according to the interpretation found in the works of some commentators and modern authors, that it is permissible to do what is stated in the last two examples.

["In the this example, if not for the Ahaadeeths, some of which have been mentioned, we would have considered lawful what Allah has made unlawful through the dictum of the holy Prophet (sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam) like predatory animals, and the birds which have claws.

And so is the this example, if not for the Ahaadeeths, in regard to this question, we would have considered lawful what Allah has prohibited through the words of His Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam) like gold and silk.

It is for this, some fore bearers (AS-SALAF) say that 'Sunnah' pronounces Judgement of The Book (Al-Qur'ân)

Consumption of the predatory animals, and the wearing of gold and silk by referring their interpretation only to The Qur'ân.

Today, a sect exists, called "Qur'ânites" who comment according to their whims and fancies; without seeking the explanation of the authentic Sunnah. They only accept and follow the Sunnah which suit their desires, the rest they throw behind. Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam) is reported to have said that: "None of you reclines on his bed, the order comes to him on an affair which I am commanded to do or not to do, he says: 'I do not know, what is found in the Book of Allah, we follow." (Tirmidhi).

According to another report: "What is found in The Book of Allah as 'Haram' we pronounce it 'Haram' (forbidden). Surely, I am given The Qur'ân and its example with it.' Yet, according to another report: "What the Messenger of Allah has forbidden, Allah has prohibited it."

It is a matter of regret that one renowned scholar has written a book on Islamic Law and its dogma, and in its preface, he says that he has written it and that he has made reference only to the Qur'ân.

This true Ahaadeeth gives positive evidence that the divine law of Islam - As-Sharee'ah - is not mere Qur'ân, But Qur'ân and Sunnah. Therefore, whoever hold fast ton one source for reference to the exclusion of the other, he held fast to none of them, since both complement each other.

The Qur'ân says
"Whoever obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah".

Allah says: "No, by your Lord, they do not believe until they submit to your adjudication in all disputes between them, then they do not find themselves oppressed with your decisions and they completely submit." Qur'ân (4:65)

Again, Allah says: "When a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger, it does not behoove a believer, man or woman, to have choice in their matter. One who disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path." Qur'ân (33:36)

Furthermore, Allah says: "What the Messenger teaches you, take it; and what he forbids you, avoid doing it." Qur'ân (59:7)

In connection with this verse, I am marveled by what is corroborated by Ibn Masoud (Allah be pleased with him) that is, A woman came to him and told him: "You who says: May Allah's curse be on Al-Namisat [a woman who plucks hers or others eye-brows - to be a thin line - to seek beauty. Such an act is forbidden. It is a mean to change the form of Allah's creation] and Al-Motanamisat [a woman who asks others to do it for her] and those who tattoo." He said: "Yes." She said, "I read the Book of Allah (Al-Qur'ân) from its beginning to its end, I did not find what you have said." He told her: "If you have read it, you would have found it. As for your reading what the Messenger teaches you, take it, and what he forbids you, avoid doing it." She said: "Certainly". He said: "I have heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu`alaihiwasallam) says: "May Allah's curse be on Al-Namisat." (Bukhaaree & Muslim)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.