/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hajj and Umrah Experiences

Ibn Syed
05-02-2005, 11:24 PM
:sl:
Have any of you been to Saudi Arabia to do Umrah or Hajj??
If you have had any events that happened to you please post them if you want to.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Syed
05-02-2005, 11:27 PM
I've just recently came back from a two week trip to do Umrah. It was really fascinating seeing the 2 Holy Mosques and the Kabah for the 1st time. It was really cool to hear the recitors in person. I liked it when you could hear the adhan from the hotel.

Arwa
05-02-2005, 11:35 PM
wa alaikum assalam

I liked it when you could hear the adhan from the hotel.
That's beautiful masha'Allah!

Yeah.. I went first time when I was 22 days old. :sister:
If you have had any events that happened to you please post them if you want to.
Well :p when I was in Medina, in Masjid an nabawi, the Arab women picked me up and called me a princess. :p :sister: :sister: :sister:

..and the second time was 4years ago. :sister:

I don't think any major event took place obviously apart from seeing the haramain sharifayn :wub: . That was amazing. It's too good to be decribed in words. You have to experience it yourself insha'Allah. :thumbs_up

Insha'Allah, I intend to go again soon! :sister:

Ibn Syed
05-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Jazakallah sister for your stories. I also intend to go soon if I can.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-02-2005, 11:37 PM
It was beutiful. I went to Umrah in 2000. Everything was a major event Mashallah. and i met the Imam of the Masjid Al-Nabavi, Salaah- Al-Budair twice.:)

Ibn Syed
05-02-2005, 11:38 PM
That's awesome.

Ammar
05-03-2005, 05:26 AM
i went to umrah in 2003. it was awsome. especially when i saw Holy Kaabah infront of my eyes. i was lost in myself

Ra`eesah
05-03-2005, 05:35 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

I went to Makkah... in 1999 when i was 16 fpr umrah.... once i steped foot into the Haram... and i saw the ka3ba infront my eyes it looked larger then life i felt like an ant...... my legs felt weak and my heart was faint... i blacked out... :'( i felt so sinful i couldnt stop crying Subhnallah.... it was an experience i can never forget....

i'm going BACK again!!!!! inshallah by the end of this month! make Du'aa i dont faint. :-[

p.S.

Inshallah i will go on hajj with my Husband....:wub:

BlissfullyJaded
05-03-2005, 06:29 AM

lol...I didn't see this until now.. :-\

Yep, alhamdulillah I have gone for Hajj.. This past yr and in 2001.. :) Yeh, the Masjid Al Haram does have a powerful and kinda intimdating feel to it. :wub: And the closer you get to the Kaabah you just feel like melting. Its truly amazing mashaAllah. :'( And so is walking around the area where the dome is in Masjid Al Nabawi.. When you actually walk in there you just wanna cry that you never got to be here when Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) was there. :'(

*gets off the spotlight* Sheesh...I talk too much.

Hey, bro zAk, you went, innit? Come on share u'r stories. I shared mine a while back...u never said much abt u'rs. :D

And thats wonderful sis 3washey. :love: May Allah SWT accept it from you and grant every Muslim the means to go.

Ra`eesah
05-03-2005, 07:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
hehe i also hv a linkto ur story in my FAV folder :)

shall i share it here ??? :p

assalamu'alaykum

should u share... wait let me think... mmmmmmmmm

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:)

BlissfullyJaded
05-03-2005, 07:08 AM

:omg: Copyright laws! How could you ignore 'em?!

Wait...I didn't post it on LI? Sheesh.. Er, no, please don't post it. :-\ Seriously, the Madeenah part I wrecked up on and I should really edit it grammatically cuz dat thing gives ME a headache!

Soooo, in the mean time brother zAk, you can have the honors of sharing your booteephul Hajj stories. :D

*spotlight shines on bro zAk*

And now stay tuned brothers and sisters, the Hajj episodes from dear zAk that you've been so patiently awaiting. :D

MetSudaisTwice
05-03-2005, 10:22 AM
mashallah i have been hajj once but umfortunately i was only 4 years ols, i have been intebding to go for some time but inshallah i will go in the next year or two

S_87
05-03-2005, 10:43 AM
not yet been for hajj but i went for umrah in 2000 :D

aaah it was cool

madinah was soooooo peaceful :wub: i can still remember the streets actaully :) the arab woman were pleasant..theyd speak to me and i would be like :confused: :-[ the arab men were jolly and pleasant too..the masjid was lovely.
well i saw some stuff in masjid tha made me :(
firstly there was a group of girls who took their scarves off..to to to apply makeup..in the masjid :(
and secondly a couple of women decided they wanted to see the men :omg: so what did they do? stood on the pillars and you know the fence...well looked right over :omg: so any man there would have been able to see them too.
i tink first time i prayed in salah in jamah (not available for women here <_< ) and it were so cool :D thinking just there is muhammed saw also :wub:
i was told that women should wear niqab to masjid because it hurts muhammed saw? so i wore it but like took it off after cos it were soooo hot :-[

makkah was lovely and much more busy..those big tank trucks were always there :)
wow the kaaba was just :wub: did tawaaf and safaa marwah.. i was kinda running in the running part too :-[ lol
umm oh yh sat on camel for first time lol..the guy was like `picture` n i was like pfft no thanks ;D

lol i couldgo on but thats it :D

MetSudaisTwice
05-03-2005, 10:45 AM
mashallah a nice experience for you sis amani

Sahabiyaat
05-03-2005, 10:46 AM
I hvent been but i wud love to go InshaAllah.

but the things that happen in hajj...those stories of men touching the women during tawaf and women stealing gold
SubhanAllah if ur not going to fear Allah in his house....then ur quite shameless and are capeable of doing any wrong anywhere else.

MetSudaisTwice
05-03-2005, 10:50 AM
may we all learn from this
i haven't heard of these incidents happening in tawaf, can you explain more or where your source is?

S_87
05-03-2005, 10:57 AM
yh incidents do happen during tawaaf :mad: unfortunately :(

MetSudaisTwice
05-03-2005, 11:05 AM
i haven't heard of these incidents can someone verify the incidents?

Sahabiyaat
05-03-2005, 11:11 AM
well...
recently my lil sis friend came back form hajj or was it umrah anyway...all she had to say was that she was groped with during tawaf,beckoned to in the markets and generaly looked at

i thought i was going to be sick wen my sis was telling me this it was the first tym i had heard it too ....this was hajj, a spiritual journey to God's house...how cud men do this or women....Ya Allah...where is their fear.

God forbid if i be unfortunate enuf to encounter this, they r gnna get one tight slap from me :mad: ...and how can these girls stay quite i def wudnt.

S_87
05-03-2005, 11:11 AM
well when some women are doing tawaaf they get some problems
the problems is confusing. they are `touched` and by the time they turn around to see what that was...the man has gone straight ahead :(

Sahabiyaat
05-03-2005, 11:16 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

arrggh...how can ppl do this

*calm down*

if i had a shrinking machine i wud shrink them and place the between these hands :applaud: they wud enjoy it.

Far7an
05-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Assalamu alaikum

Let us not kill the mood of this thread :)

I have heard some amazing stories MashaAllah, and Im sure other members have some to share :)

Barakallahu feekum

wasalamu alaikum

MetSudaisTwice
05-03-2005, 11:19 AM
lahawla wala quwwa ta illa billa hi aliyyul azeem how can people do this especially in the Haram? these people are so greedy they get the chance to do tawaf yet they abuse their oppurtunities

Far7an
05-03-2005, 11:21 AM
I have not been myself but my father and brother always tells me about their amazing experiences there :)

May Allah give us all the oppurtunity to go there, ameen :)

Sahabiyaat
05-03-2005, 11:21 AM
okay
no more bad points
some gud experiences wud be more nice to read.

MetSudaisTwice
05-03-2005, 11:23 AM
yes please bro's and sis's provide the good points of your journey of a lifetime
may allah take us to his House in the near future inshallah

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Assalamoalaikum-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrakatu

Allhumdoillah summa allhumdoillah - I have been very fortunate to have been to Umrah/Hajj many times.

However, I can honestly say that nothing beats the first time you see Kaaba - it was amazing it was night time and the kaaba was in front of me in all its glory. It brought tears to my eyes - truly amazing. So much peace and blessings a unique experience!

The other great experience was the first time I did salaam at the Raudha - again an experience words cannot describe!

(Sorry to spoil the mood) but you would not believe some of the things that go on in the haram - astagfirullah - some of the things are bordering on KUFR and SHIRK! Dont these people fear Allah?

Wassalam
Br ABDULLAH

Far7an
05-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Assalamu alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by ABDULLAH SAOOD
However, I can honestly say that nothing beats the first time you see Kaaba - it was amazing it was night time and the kaaba was in front of me in all its glory. It brought tears to my eyes - truly amazing. So much peace and blessings a unique experience!
Is it true that depending on which country you are from, you will enter the masjid from a certain gate?

The other great experience was the first time I did salaam at the Raudha - again an experience words cannot describe!
Subhanallah, When I hear such things it only makes my desire grow to visit it one day InshaAllah.

(Sorry to spoil the mood) but you would not believe some of the things that go on in the haram - astagfirullah - some of the things are bordering on KUFR and SHIRK! Dont these people fear Allah?
May Allah guide us all and forgive us for our sins. :)

Wasalamu alaikum

S_87
05-03-2005, 11:52 AM

i saw this woman touching all the gold links on kabah

and my nana caught this woman trying to cut the kabah cloth for future keep :(

MetSudaisTwice
05-03-2005, 11:57 AM
too many greedy people in this world, they are even desperate to steal from the Haram. may allah forgive them
i heard you can't talk bad about the arabs because the prophet is arab yet people curse the king for being greedy but who is at the end of the day providing hospitality for all those visitng the sacred city? the king

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrakatu

Is it true that depending on which country you are from, you will enter the masjid from a certain gate?
Nah bro - you can enter through any gate you like. The most virtous being Babul Salaam (and here is a tip for you) Babus Salaam is not the current door - it has been moved due to the expansion. The ORIGINAL Babus Salaam is 21 footsteps behind Maqame Ibrahim (as in the Prophet (Sallallah-ho-walahiwassalams) time)

i saw this woman touching all the gold links on kabah

and my nana caught this woman trying to cut the kabah cloth for future keep
ASTAGFIRULLAH - I have seen similair things but I have seen worse things (I dont really like to mention bad things but I will give just 2 examples) - I saw a man in ihram and he came to me near the Hill of Safa he started telling me how his mum was blind and that he had just lost all his money whilst doing tawaf! Anyway, I knew he was dodgy but gave him like 1 riyal and he started huffing and puffing and wanted a few thousand riyals!!!! Anyway, 2 days later I saw him again in the same ihram asking someone else - this time I grabbed him and reported him to the Guards!

The other classic was same story as above - but the guy said me and MY WIFE were at the Raudah and we were doing salaam and we got our money stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pointed out that men and women arent allowed to do salaam together - after which he pretended to be deaf and walked away - ASTAGFIRULLAH

I have seen many other things - but all I can say is that MAY ALLAH GUIDE THE UMMAH!

Wassalam

Br ABDULLAH

Khaldun
05-03-2005, 12:26 PM

wow it seems like everybody here has been to makkah and medinah except me :(.....inshAllah i might go this summer though make dua for me....I have seen it soo many times on the tv and read the Quran "Ina awala baytin wudi'a linasi" it is quite amazing....I mean just imagen Allah subhanahu watala has mentioned the sacred place in His most sacred Kalam....mindblowing

S_87
05-03-2005, 12:31 PM
inshaAllah you will go too khaldun..this summer and many more times.

some beggars are really rich in reality there :(
i saw this man give one woman out of pity 1 riyal....two mins later he was sorrounded by 20 women asking for money..he got angry and shouted at them all ;D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

and my nana caught this woman trying to cut the kabah cloth for future keep :(

What happens to the cloth after they take it out at hajj time and put a new one. Where does the old one go? MY Grandma has a piece of the cloth, and she told they cut it up and give it it out to people.
brother AS, do you know what happens?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 12:43 PM
I know im not going this year or the next or probably the one after that too, im stuck in this kuffaric country :mad: :mad: :mad: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

My only oppurtunity is getting into Umm Al-Qura, Soo mucj knowledge to be gained there, and learing that knowledge in the most prestigious of cities. thats all i want.

Khaldun
05-03-2005, 12:47 PM

loq brother zak, innit a LI meet up at the holiest of places, now that would be great! :brother:

Sahabiyaat
05-03-2005, 12:47 PM
:( rnt we all.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

loq brother zak, innit a LI meet up at the holiest of places, now that would be great! :brother:
I wish, Inshallah May ALlah make us all meet in a better place and that is Jannah. Ameen.

Ibn Syed
05-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Jazakallah for sharing all your experiances. They were very good.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 12:55 PM
innit????

Khaldun
05-03-2005, 12:59 PM

wow brother ahmed wallahi u made me speechless right now, i dont know what to say, such a beautyfull reply ameen !!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Jazakallah Khair brother. And again Ameen to it.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 01:03 PM
eh? Can you pay for my tickets????for the small jannah????

:lol::lol::lol: joking.

Uthman
05-03-2005, 04:44 PM

I have never been to Umrah or to Hajj but just looking at all your posts, experiences and your descriptions I feel a longing desire to go to that place. It still remains a dream to be fulfilled . . . . Insha'Allah. :)

MetSudaisTwice
05-04-2005, 08:29 AM
inshallah i hope to go in the next 1 or 2 years time, please make dua that i fulfill my dream of visiting the Holy cities

~fUrRrI~
05-04-2005, 10:11 PM
insha'ALlah bro!

well i did hajj this year...n i did umrah when i ws 8 or 7 yrs old...

Ibn Syed
05-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Mashallah great stories. Anyone else? Come on there are more than 50 ppl on this forum.

Ibn Syed
05-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Nobody likes my threads cause they are all done after 3 days. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Arwa
05-14-2005, 12:48 AM
:sl: wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Oh the Black Stone!
Alhamdulillah I managed to kiss it many times.. it was pretty easy :thumbs_up

Oh yeah... amani mentioned about the kabah cloth and someone touching it?

Reminided me of something :-[ I went 5 years ago, practically when I was 10 years old. So a few days after I had performed umrah, I was doing tawaaf with my mum and just out of innocence as a child and you know first time being there and seeing the kabah, I said to my mum that I want to touch the kabah, feel the material of the cloth, what it was like. So my mum said ok so I did touch it and as soon as I did, there was this arab man and I clearly remember he was wearing white thobe, cream bisht red and white scarf, and he said to me to go and it was shirk... and I was like :omg: :omg: :( I only wanted to feel what it was like so I had to go :( ..
There were loads of people touching and putting their arms on it, and their heads in their arms...basically leaning on the kabah. If that makes sense? and the Arab man was telling them too..

Ibn Syed
05-14-2005, 02:17 AM
It is not shirk to touch the cloth. I did myself and no one stopped me.
I want more stories!

BlissfullyJaded
05-14-2005, 02:40 AM

I think because it doesn't say anywhere in the hadith about touchin the cloth so they don't let people touch it much.. Cuz then slowly people will get other ideas and thats how deviations creep in.. Allahu a'lam. :sister:

Ibn Syed
05-14-2005, 02:41 AM
Yes, Allah knows best what people will think of next.

Ibn Syed
05-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo . Anyone home?

BlissfullyJaded
05-14-2005, 04:47 PM

Heh? :confused:

~fUrRrI~
05-15-2005, 03:39 AM
well abt touching it being shirk

i was in masjidul Nabawi...

n subhan'Allah cuz it was around Hajj time....like so many women wer going to c the Rasool(PBU)'s grave...
n i membr....ther was just regular cloth sumwher....on a pillar...n this lady....it was as if she was trying to cleanse herself or sumthing..like she was makin sure the cloth touchd her face, her arms....n thats wat is wrong....so sometimes they misinterpret(meanin like that arab dude) that is wat ur doing even tho u rnt really
like near the Kaabah... the gutter...wel wen it rains water coms down...n like so many ppl wud run n try to go underneath it to b touched by the water n they thought they wer "cleansed" ....so stuff that ppl made up that the Prophet(PBBU) nevr even told us to do....

anyways....
i did tawaf by myself, even tho im 13....n Alhumduililah nothong happned!!!! subhan'Allah didn know that happened at the masjid -shocked-

i membr wen i 1st saw it.... i 4got everything....n if w/e dua u read when u 1st see it is accepted...but i was so dazed i didn even make a dua! :zip:

Ibn Syed
05-17-2005, 01:39 AM
Good story brother. Too bad you didn't get to make a dua. *sigh*

~fUrRrI~
05-17-2005, 02:44 AM
*sister :P

Lateralus63
05-17-2005, 03:49 AM

When you leave makkah, you take a part of it with you, this shard of a memory shines in your heart and well stays with you for quite long, im quite ashamed of myself because, ive forgotten about this memory and its become more of a shadow rather than a sliver of light because i didnt bother to polish up my rememberence of it.

~fUrRrI~
05-17-2005, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lateralus63
:sl:When you leave makkah, you take a part of it with you, this shard of a memory shines in your heart and well stays with you for quite long, im quite ashamed of myself because, ive forgotten about this memory and its become more of a shadow rather than a sliver of light because i didnt bother to polish up my rememberence of it.

subhan'ALlah, thats how i feel :(

for the 1st cuple of months when i jsut came bac....i kept thinkin abt it in my daily life n i completely changed my life...and i just went this january and already i c myself going bac to the old stuff little by little....

may Allah make us strong believers....Ameen!

Ibn Syed
05-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Ameen! May Allah help us all muslims. Ameen!

HumbleServant
05-22-2005, 09:28 PM
in reply to the topic... (Sorry too many posts for me to read!*embarassed!*)

im inshallah going this ramadhan.. last two weeks of ramadhan, INSHALLAH! with ma mum, sister, and bro. please do dua everyone that it works out! been waitin for a long time.
all by the will of Allah itll happen. cant get enuf of doing dua for it to happen!lol,sorry i think i shud go now

Ibn Syed
05-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Inshallah you will have a great time. Do dua for me and all the muslims. Bring me some zamzam while you're at it. :lol: lol :haha:

Z
05-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Subhan Allah! I realised I haven't even posted in this topic yet.

Alhamdulillah I have been to Hajj, and I intend to go again insha Allah. I need to!

One must realise that Allah only calls those whom He wishes to His home. Some have millions of pounds, dollars, whatever, yet they cannot even make it to Makkah and Madinah so those who have been, and are hoping to go soon (all things are planned out and are waiting to go) should be really, really thankful. It's a great blessing of Allah that He allows us to see His home when we are young at heart, as nothing in life is for certain. Heck, we don't even know whether that was our last prayer.

HumbleServant
05-22-2005, 10:18 PM
brother abdul thats great to hear ! you lucky brother! inshallah ill make dua 4 u that if Allah wills you will be going to hajj inshallah

lol brother ibn syed, i will bring u some dont worry. ill store it away, and give it to you in jannat al-firdaus when we all meet :D inshallah!

asmauk
05-22-2005, 10:45 PM

Alhamdulillah i've been fortunate to go to Umrah once. It was when I was 11 but it was still an amazing experience. Insha'Allah i would love to return there one day, be it for Hajj or Umrah as i feel it would be even more incredible, now that i'm a bit more mature.

Ma'a Salaama

Ibn Syed
05-22-2005, 11:19 PM
More stories needed. And don't forget about the Zamzam water. I'll meet you in Jannah for it Inshallah.

Khaldun
05-23-2005, 09:24 AM

InshAllah I will be going this summer make dua for me inshAllah :brother:

MetSudaisTwice
05-23-2005, 10:08 AM
inshallah bro khaldun and bro zak you have a safe journey to saudi i will make dua for both of you inshallah

Ibn Syed
05-24-2005, 02:43 AM
How about you do dua for us and bring me some Zamzam water like my brother HumbleServant? I'll still do dua for you guys. Have a fun and safe trip.

MukkyX
05-24-2005, 03:05 AM
ye alhumdulillah i've done umrah.
That was like 8-9 years ago though :\

I wanna go back :'(

Ibn Syed
05-24-2005, 03:11 AM
Who doesn't wanna go back? I loved the everything there. It was so good.

Ibn Syed
05-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I know we got more people on this forum that have done Umrah or Hajj. Come on and post your story.

~fUrRrI~
05-25-2005, 10:36 PM
ya i would also like to hear other ppl's experiences insha'Allah :D :D :D

Ibn Syed
05-25-2005, 10:42 PM
WHo wouldn't??????? I know this thread has more views than replies so if you're viewing you gotta post.

Ibn Syed
06-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Am I supposed to think that out of 761 members only around 40 have done Hajj or Umrah? It just doesn't make sense. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Umm_Qaylah
06-09-2005, 03:47 AM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah,

I havent been done either 'umrah or hajj but Insha-Allaah my father is going to take me coming Hajj. I cant wait, Insha-Allaah.

'Alaykum As_Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh.

Ibn Syed
06-09-2005, 03:54 AM
Beleive me Inshallah you will have a great time.

Umm_Qaylah
06-09-2005, 04:03 AM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah,
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Syed
Beleive me Inshallah you will have a great time.
Yea, insha-Allaah if and when I go, I know I will. I have 2 siblings that live in Jeddah, I've only seen them once in the last 13 years so beside the spiritual experience, it will also be a family affair. Insha-Allaah.

Everyone thats been to Hajj always tell me wonderful stories of their experience and the wonderful time they had, I want to be able to tell my kids those stories Insha-Allaah.

'Alaykum As-Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh.

Ibn Syed
06-09-2005, 04:09 AM
Look at all the stories on this very thread.

Arwa
09-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Alhamdulillah I went 3 weeks ago :D

Lonely_Boy
09-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Asslam O Aleakum

Well I did Hajj in 2004 Alhumdulillah

Remember in prayers

Jazakallah
Wassalam

Arwa
09-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Where is your story wAK? :?

S_87
09-02-2005, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arwa
Where is your story wAK? :?
yh you tell him ;D :thumbs_up

ABDULLAH SAOOD
09-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-warhmatullahi-wabrakatu

Allhumdolillah I was luck enough to do Umrah 2day :thumbs_up and listen to the jummah khutba of Shaykh Shuraim!

Abdullah

ABDULLAH SAOOD
09-03-2005, 08:22 AM
^^tut tut :omg: :omg: - we all don't have the time to spell check every word - unlike you who just sits at a desk and does nothing all day finding typos by people!!!!!!! :p :p :p

its been loooooooooong after that, n i don't remember them much
Dont make sense gramatically should read "Its been a long time since I did Hajj"
Anyway, we understand OLD age is catching up with you so your memory is not that good!!!! ;) ;) ;)

mary
09-03-2005, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABDULLAH SAOOD
Assalamo-alaikum-warhmatullahi-wabrakatu

Allhumdolillah I was luck enough to do Umrah 2day :thumbs_up and listen to the jummah khutba of Shaykh Shuraim!

Abdullah
Wow, ur really fortunate! inshallah one day i will go on Umrah with all my family and once i have been on umrah i will go on hajj.

A7med
09-03-2005, 09:40 AM
I havent been :'( but inshallah i will go soon :)

BlissfullyJaded
09-03-2005, 04:34 PM

*raises eyebrow at zAk* Does it matter if you don't remember 'em? I thought you said you kept a diary while you were there? So dig out the diary, and start typing. ;)

Actually, stop pestering zAk. He went for Hajj before he was a member here, so urm, he can back out of this. :zip: (If you have to share that story of yours, then I know, I'll get pestered about my first Hajj. ;D)

And if nobody wants to share their stories with me, then fine. Just remember, when and if I go next, I won't share mine with anybody (except zAk). :mad:

Lazy people... :'(

Salema
10-19-2005, 10:18 PM
well..i havent go yet..but make a lot of duaa 4 me so i can go with my family..but my mother,father n brother tells me about their amazing experiences..!

inshaallah im going next year to hajj or umrah..!

j50yab
11-01-2005, 08:52 PM

Is anyone planning to go to hajj this year?
I have already been in 1998, but would love to go again.
It is truly the most unbelievable experience.
My advice - If you are able to go then do so & go at an early age.

- Qatada -
11-01-2005, 08:54 PM
wa alykum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

i've been umra bro, twice alhamdulillah :smile: buh never hajj..

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

11-01-2005, 09:00 PM
mashaalah u r lucky...:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: im so jealous:yawn: ...i've never been there and now my big wish is that i can go there:yawn: :yawn: well i better go this thread is torturing me...:yawn: :yawn:

Salema
11-01-2005, 10:34 PM
I TOO..I M JEALOUS..

I WANT TO GO..BUT PLZ MAKE DUAA 4 ME SO I CAN GO NEXT YEAR TO HAJJ OR UMRAH..

MY MOTHER-FATHER-N BROTHER HAVE ALREADY BEEN THERE..

N I M THE ONLY THAT HAVENT BEEN THERE..:'(

SERIOUSLY..PLZ MAKE A LOT OF DUAA 4 ME SO I CAN GO..NEXT YEAR TO HAJJ..!:peace:

:loving:

Lonely_Boy
11-02-2005, 10:11 AM

I did hajj too in 2003-04 ALHUMDULILLAH and offcourse wish to go again and again pray for me INSHALLAH I am planning to go for Umra in next ramadan ......pray for all

JAZAKALLAH

Ameeratul Layl
11-02-2005, 12:39 PM

I wish to go every year.....but I cant....:embarrass
:hmm:
Allah ma3akum

Hajar
11-02-2005, 12:48 PM

mashaAllah for the people who already been there...

InshaAllah me wanna go to... I've never been there and I wanna go soooooooo much :'(

S_87
11-02-2005, 01:33 PM
not this year

MetSudaisTwice
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
salam
went hajj once, but that was back in the days, wish to go again inshallah
i think it is everyones dream to go and perform hajj
wasalam

Protected_Diamond
11-02-2005, 06:04 PM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

insha Allah im going to buy a house there!

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Mainul_Islam
11-03-2005, 01:25 AM
Eid Mubarak to u all, in advance. :)

wa salaam

Umm Yoosuf
11-03-2005, 01:34 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum

My intention is to go there one day insha Allah, just to have sabr innit.

Sanobar
11-03-2005, 04:33 PM
salaam!
havent gone for hajj :( i shd have weh i used to live there) ! but yeah have done LOADS of umrahs.:):).pray for me that i go for hajj as soon as possible.....:)inshaAllah
ma'salamah

Rabi'ya
11-03-2005, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
went hajj once, but that was back in the days, wish to go again inshallah
i think it is everyones dream to go and perform hajj
wasalam
I agree brother, i think it is the dream of everyone to perform Hajj, to feel that close to our creator. performing Hajj in the way prescribed.

InshAllah i will soon.

Rabi'ya:rose:

Helena
01-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Wen i first saw the kabah for real, tears automatically flew felt as if finally am doing sumting rite and amazing for allah(swt)! i've always seen the hajj video or in the books, neva knw i was gna see it face to face!! Allahu akbar!!! My dream came true, but i still feel empty. My heart and mind is there. Feel as i belong there, everytime i only think about that, wen will i go there?? Alhamdullilah i went to hajj the same year which was in 2005. It was excellent journey, a wonderful xperince!! how can i foget?? One thing i cud'nt do was kiss the black stone, mashallah my brother kissed it 3 times. Allahu akbar!!
inshalah i wana go there again waiting for a sign. I had this wonderful dream few weeks ago that i was in makkah with all the pilgrims heard the asr adan and prayed jamat with them!! does anyone knw wot this cud mean??

Inshalah can everybody make dua as am dying to go there, i made a niyat with my family. Inshalah it will cums true, planning to open a account in islamic bank to save money for hajj inshalah. I have only one wish, potential to go there!!

hpe anyone wudlyk to share any xperiences or ask for advice??

:w: :sister:

Jibriil
01-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Masha Allah, may Allah accept your hajj. I havent done hajj yet, but thats my next project. :)

shudnt_have
01-03-2006, 04:20 AM
Ameen to the duas, I havent done Hajj either, but I would like to fulfill my other duties then I would plan my trip to Hajj if Allah subhana wahtallah wills!

Umm_Maysa
01-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Masha Allah. I haven't done my hajj yet. Insha Allah next trip to Makkah.

faisal86
01-04-2006, 11:29 AM
:sl: dear sister i have had that experiences with my family i felt so blessed by allah to see the kabah
:brother:

hidden_treasure
01-07-2006, 02:43 PM
assalamu alaikum,

I remember seeing all the people making sujood (prostration) to Allah, and it was completely silent...that alone made me cry...Allahu Akbar..to know that we are all here (in hajj) worshipping the same Creator..submitting to Him alone.

Then, i saw all my brothers and sisters who were from different backgrounds, and of different colours, dressed so beautifully, with the traces of nur(light) on there faces...smiling and greeting one another with salams.

Women, covered in black from head to toe, as if they were precious pearls being safeguarded by there husbands who seemed to be there body guards.
Little old men crying, and making dua for Allah the Most High to forgive them for there life full of sins....sharing food with loved ones, or strangers on the premises of the Prophets masjid....

I swear im sad everytime the hajj comes and goes, as i wish i could go again, and be one of these blessed pilgrims....

Jeness18
02-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Has anyone made a pilgrimage to Mecca? What was it like? I'm soo curious... I sound like such a gooser...but I'm learning about the Five Pillars of Islam in History now..and I thought...hmmm maybe someone could actually describe it.... get back to me whenever... ANSWER MY OTHER QUESTIONS at the Introducing myself post! Because my analysis is going to mainly be based on your posts...make your voice be heard...instead of those people like my history teacher...relating your religion with Terrorism...help me make my class understand!!!

Thanks...:)

Byeeee!

*charisma*
02-07-2006, 01:21 AM
Greetings,

I myself have never gone, but inshallah (god willing) one day i will.
From what i know, its an amazing, undescribable feeling. I mean if you just watch it on like tv or something you will be amazed to see how all different types of people, with different backgrounds, different ethnicities are combined into one place and named as one. subhanallah!

everyone is equal in the eyes of Allah, and you cannot seperate differences from one person to the other.

Inshallah someone else can describe it better than I since i havent experienced it yet :)

regards

sapphire
02-07-2006, 01:23 AM
subhanallah!the stories of people who go are so amazing!i havnt been either......inshallah Allah will give me the chance to go! but people always say we have to experience it ourselves to know what its like!

Isaac
02-07-2006, 08:06 AM
All i can say is imagine being in the what to muslims in a sense is the centre of the world in the largest gathering on earth. Imagine people from all colours, nations, people with differenet languages, people youve never even seen, people from places youve never heard or even thought existed. Imagine seeing young, old, rich and poor all in dressed the same. In the pilgrime to Mecce there is no diffrentiaition between rich and poor, arab or non arab. People you never seen before will treat you like family. You never wana leave, it beomes ones home. To conclude, its truely amazing, its truly the house of God.

akulion
02-07-2006, 08:19 AM
I went when I was very young on Umrah (which unlike the hajj can be done all year round)

As far as I remember it was a really new yet exciting experience for me.

Insha'allah one day I intend to go for pilgrimage :D

It should be an amazing experience - woo hoo!

sibghatullah
02-07-2006, 08:59 AM
I went for hajj three years ago and it was really a wonderful experience.......
I actually went with my maternal family i m tellin this beause i have no idea how i get to reach there it seems just like Allah called me and iwent, what actually had happened that when they were makin plans for hajj i just said i also want to go and was not really serious about it but they applied on my behalf too and it was accepted and tthis made me realize that really Allah's call is important for it and it was really shocking for me that my grand parent's application was rejected..............:(
Being at muzdalafa and spending night on the ground full of stones without any top makes you feel like you are nothing just a little creature of Allah.All your proud feelings come to an end.
wasalam

Muhammad
02-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Greetings Jeness,

Please check out the following threads:

Hajj FAQ Index

Sister Labibah's Hajj experience

What's your experience in Hajj or Umrah?

Have you done Umrah or Hajj?? (I decided to merge your thread with this one!)

Peace!

afriend2
02-19-2006, 11:18 AM
salaam,

no unfortunately i havent been yet. i keep on wanting to, but parents say i have to finish my GCSE years first. inshAllah after then i will.:happy:
i got quite envious when my bro and parents went last year!!! :'(

wassalam

Falafel Eater
02-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah, Elhamdulilah, i managed to do a lot of Umrah, but no Hajj, I dont remember how many Umrahs i have done.. around 15 or 16 times

arehat
02-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Alhumdullilah i have performed Hajj and Umrah. It is a one life time experience and a very emotional one. To spend Ramadhaan in mecca is something extra special and the barkat of it.

May Allah rant evry1 the opportunity. Ameen

DaSangarTalib
02-19-2006, 05:55 PM
i havent but Insha'Allah one day i will :)

FatimaAsSideqah
03-26-2006, 01:00 AM
as-salaam alaykum

I just wonder I would like to see what anyone's experience like in there??

wa-salaam alaykum :sister:

BlissfullyJaded
03-26-2006, 04:26 AM

*waits for sis Arwa, brothers Khaldun, and zAk*

They owe us some detailed stories about their trips, so good thing you brought this up sis. :D

Anyways, I wrote mine a while back, you should be able to find it in the Hajj/Eid al Adha section. :statisfie *hides* :)

Khaldun
03-26-2006, 05:46 AM

*Steps in*

Oh dear...

*Steps out*

BlissfullyJaded
03-26-2006, 05:52 AM

^ We'll be waiting. :rolleyes:

Allah is with the patient... :D

maryam (",)
03-26-2006, 07:05 PM
salaams

donno if this counts...but i went for hajj in '86 and we were there for 4 months...it was absolutely amazing...subhanallah. best thing was sleeping on d road in muzdalifah, the warmth of every1 that was there...since i was just a kid then, i had a real 'insiders' experience :)

IbnAbdulHakim
03-26-2006, 07:51 PM
videos shows on TV look beautiful, will go inshaAllah durin ramadan den i'll post up the experience inshaAllah

Maimunah
03-26-2006, 07:54 PM
wooow i like this thread
although i didnt go yet bt hoppin to go soon inshaallah
then i'll share it with u sis;)
wasalaam

IbnAbdulHakim
03-26-2006, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

*Steps in*

Oh dear...

*Steps out*
duz that mean u had a bad experience?? lol :rollseyes

Khaldun
03-26-2006, 09:16 PM

duz that mean u had a bad experience?? lol
Bad Experiance at Makkah and Madinah? Thats UNpossible init :okay:

Allah is with the patient...

Allah is also with the people that do good :rollseyes

Surely Allah is with those who guard (against evil) and those who do good (to others). [Surah Nahl Ayah 128]

Cheb
03-26-2006, 09:20 PM
I actually have a question about this. If someone goes to Haj or Omrah, should they tell people that they went (or are going)?
I mean isnt it better if we keep it between us and God?

Muhammad
03-26-2006, 09:29 PM

I don't think we have a thread of detailed stories of people's Hajj and Umrah visits, so this thread can be the one Insha'Allaah! :)

For a general discussion on whether you've been or are thinking of going, you can post in this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...mrah-hajj.html

There is also this thread where sister Labibah has posted her experience.

FatimaAsSideqah
03-26-2006, 11:28 PM
as-salaam alaykum

Dear Brothers and Sisters of Islam.

I mean anyone who've been in Hajj or Ummah...i just wonder what they are feel like being in Most Holy Place in the world..and also I think maybe i could write my book about experience in Hajj or Ummah by Muslim people..Inshallah wait and see how I feels to be ready!

wa-salaam alaykum:sister:

BlissfullyJaded
03-26-2006, 11:57 PM

Since brother Muhammad went and posted mine, I figured I'd go looking for the lil that Arwa and Khaldun shared with us. ;)

Part 1 of Arwa's :wub: :shade:
http://www.islamicboard.com/77091-post7.html

Parts 1 & 2 of Khaldun's
http://www.islamicboard.com/83887-post531.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/110997-post2438.html

Awaiting the rest... :X

FatimaAsSideqah
03-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Waiting for another amazing posts! May Allah Almighty sents us to waiting paiently..:sister:

FatimaAsSideqah
03-27-2006, 12:37 AM
as-salaam alaykum

Preparation for trip to Hajj

The Hajj is the landmark event in a Muslim's life which requires great spiritual, physical, mental and financial planning and preparation.

Firstly, a pilgrim must satisfy a number of conditions to qualify for the Hajj. They must be a sane, adult person who has their parents' permission. They must be be debt-free and ensure their family will be taken care of in their absence.

Financially, Hajj expenses often spiral into the thousands and must be acquired through legitimate means. All debts, loans and outstanding financial obligations must be met and any family remaining back home must be adequately provided for. One of the main prerequisites of the Hajj also involves drawing up a will (Wasseeyat) before departure. This ensures that in the unfortunate event of death, clear instructions to distribute assets and property and provide for the bereaved have been made by the deceased.

Physically, the Hajj circuit demands a high level of physical activity and stamina. Pilgrims walk great distances under the blazing Saudi sun in a throbbing mass of humanity, hundreds and thousands of pilgrims trying to perform the same rites in confined spaces and very hot conditions. A gradual build-up programme a few months prior to the Hajj is recommended - walking and jogging about 20 minutes to 30 minutes three times a week.

Walking through the entrance to Mecca
Spiritually, pilgrims should increase their understanding of Islam before setting out. They should spend time learning about Islam, the Hajj and be informed about the divine requirements and symbolism of each rite. They should memorise Hajj prayers and be able to understand their meaning. A pilgrim should also understand and be able to speak basic Arabic.

A professional mutawwif might be on hand to guide the pilgrim through the intricacies of the Hajj but being able to move swiftly around the circuit equipped with one's own knowledge, may far outweigh the practicalities of keeping up with a group guide or leader in the huge crowds.

Mentally, the pilgrim must be fit and exercise self-restraint and control in exchanges with others. All differences and disagreements with others should also be resolved before departure. The pilgrim should begin behaving in a courteous and respectful manner at all times in preparation for their divine appointment with other Muslim brothers and sisters.

Travel arrangements need to be made well in advance especially flights and accommodation. Hajj visas are issued by the Saudi Arabian Embassy in London. The pilgrim also must obtain certain vaccinations to acquire a Hajj visa. In recent years, meningitis outbreaks at the Hajj resulted in 45 identified UK cases and eight deaths in 2000 with a meningitis strain not found in the UK. Inoculations are required for other illnesses such as typhoid fever, polio, pneumonia, diptheria, tetanus and malaria. Disease and illness spread rapidly at the Hajj where hundreds of thousands of people move at all times in extremely close proximity. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia requires proof of inoculations and a round-trip ticket to home to ensure pilgrims don't linger.

Female pilgrims must be accompanied by their husbands or a mahram (a male relative from their immediate family with whom sharia law forbids marriage). A woman over 45 years can travel with a group of pilgrims without a mahram if sponsored by a family within her group. For all pilgrims, regardless of gender, it is a duty for the Muslim pilgrim to be fully prepared to visit the House of God on the Hajj.

wa-salaam alalykum

FatimaAsSideqah
03-27-2006, 12:40 AM
as-salaam alaykum

Checklist to Hajj

Plan early for the Hajj
Going on the Hajj is a serious undertaking. As it is a once in a lifetime experience for most people, early and adequate preparation cannot be underestimated. There is a considerable investment of time, money and physical effort required for the pilgrimage to be successful.

Prospective pilgrims need to make sure they are prepared and ready for what will be one of the most memorable experiences of their lives.

Follow our checklist below and see if you're ready for the Hajj.

Do you qualify?
Every Muslim who fulfills the following conditions must perform Hajj at least once in their lifetime:
You must be of sound mind and in full control of your mental faculties
You must be mature enough to understand the full significance of what you are setting out to do
You must be financially sound enough to bear all your expenses for the Hajj and provide adequately for your dependents in your absence

Six Months before
Begin to research the Hajj, make sure you meet the requirements and can afford to take time off work and will be debt-free. Talk to your Imam about the Hajj rites and get the permission of your parents. If you know someone who has done the Hajj get their advice on your potential arrangements.

Three Months before
Start organising the journey to Saudi and getting into good physical shape. Resolve all outstanding finances.
Pay off all bills, debts and loans
Make arrangements for any family remaining behind
Organise funds for journey
Book Flights
Start gentle exercise regime
Check your passport is valid for six months
Apply for a Saudi Visa
Organise a Mutawwif
Draw up Islamic Will

Two months before
Start reading up on the Hajj, learning about Hajj rites and memorising Hajj prayers. Need proof of vaccinations for Saudi Visa and obtaining documents:
Read up on Hajj and Islam
Vaccinations for Saudi Hajj visa
Need proof of Meningitis vaccination
Obtain proof of being Muslim especially if do not have Muslim name
If female, obtain proof of relationship with Mahram
Increase your exercise regime

One month before
Increase your fitness and memorising of the prayers. Organise requirements for the trip. Shop for:
Light clothes for the Saudi heat
Ihram for men
Extra slippers as they are easily lost on Hajj
Handy backpack to carry items around
Money Belt for travellers cheques and currency
Travel alarm clock to wake up at all hours
Medicines/antibiotics as preventative measures
First-aid kit for emergencies
Sleeping bag, night torch, ear plugs/eye patch
Unscented soap
Zip bag for Muzdalifah pebbles
Umbrella for Saudi sun and stoning rite
Nail clippers/ shaving toiletries for Leaving Ihram
Water flask for Zam Zam water

One week before
Test yourself by reciting the prayers from memory. Finalise packing and get ready to go.

Keep Pilgrim arrival card with passport and Saudi Hajj visa
Pack everything including portable Quran, English-Arabic dictionary, travellers cheques, some Saudi Riyals, high energy snacks, thermo flask for hot and cold drinks.

Good luck!

FatimaAsSideqah
03-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Dear Brothers and Sisters of Islam

If you want to know more information...no problem!

Here link for information:

http://www.ummah.net/hajj/

Good luck for read it!

How Perfect and Glorious Allah is and all praise to Him!!

wa-salaam alaykum:sister:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-20-2006, 05:29 PM

mashallah, alot of brotherz n sisterz have been on Hajj and experienced it.. what we wanna know is, how did it go? what people did u meet? did u have any strange experiences?? spill broz n sisz :p

snakelegs
12-29-2006, 05:04 AM
[bump] i'd like to hear your experiences too!

zanjabeela
01-16-2007, 08:36 AM
No Hajj stories yet? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

al Amaanah
01-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I just want to return as soon as possible! :cry:
I hate it here *sigh*

Mawaddah
01-16-2007, 03:51 PM
^ WHAT!! YOU'RE BACK!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

And you mean you want to return to Saudia soon right? :?

Come on, Tell us about it!! :statisfie

al Amaanah
01-17-2007, 02:02 PM
^^ na3am ukhtee im back :cry:

wallah I want to return :cry:
ya Rabb :cry: :cry:

S_87
01-17-2007, 02:49 PM

i came back today a few hours ago. just two nights ago this time i was sitting right in front of the kabah...waiting for the adhan to go off and actually at this point too watching the imam come in and the womans reaction :rolleyes:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-17-2007, 02:53 PM

Masha'Allah! I know that feeling^ You'll be thinking that for a few days, like, last week at this time, I was there, doing that :cry:

S_87
01-17-2007, 03:27 PM

its such a horrible feeling isnt it :(

one thing i have to say is the kidmat the saudi govt does for the hujjaj is abosultely fantastic! even the most anti saudi govt cannot deny this. and to someone who is wondering why arent us muslims winning-why are we in a state then i think they should go for Hajj. i am totally disappointed at the selfishness and the way the Baitullah was treated. people wouldnt throw rubbish or spit in their own homes, wouldnt urinate in their own homes how can they in the house of Allah??!! the rubbish left was despicable, the impatience and total inconsideration was a reflection of what we are today.

al Amaanah
01-17-2007, 05:06 PM
^^ khair insha Allah

just a few days ago as you said, i was waiting like you for the adhaan, in front of the ka3ba and look now :cry: im back in this kufr country *sigh* ya Rabb :cry:

Umm Yoosuf
01-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Asslaamu Alaikum

Masha Allah. Patiently waites for hajj stories.

S_87
01-18-2007, 03:28 PM

lol ill write up one so long youll all get bored!

overall im ready to go again!

al Amaanah
01-18-2007, 05:37 PM
^^ me toooo

sister_fatimah
01-24-2007, 03:20 AM

:D I was just reading and found this and I wanted share with u ...I think that are good news insha allah
( I think that yep ..are ...:cry: )

The signs of an accepted Hajj or 'Umrah

(*Please appropriately reference this fatwa to: www.fatwa-online.com, thankyou!*
:eek: )

Question: Are there any signs which appear upon those whose performance of the Hajj or the 'Umrah is accepted?

Response: It is possible for there to be signs for the one whose Hajj, fasting, charity or prayer has been accepted by Allaah and they are: the opening of the heart (to good), happiness of the heart and a lighted face. Certainly, for worshipping (Allaah) there are signs that appear on the body, signs that are visible and signs that are hidden. Some of the Pious Predecessors have mentioned that from the signs that a good (act) has been accepted (by Allaah) is that he will be granted the towfeeq to do (yet) another good (act). Certainly the towfeeq of Allaah for him to do more good (acts) after it, is evidence that Allaah ('Azza wa Jall) has accepted his previous good (acts). He has made it easy for him to do another good act and is happy with him for it.

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen
Daleel al-Akhtaa.a yaqa'a feehaa al-Haaj wal-Mu'tamir wat-tahdtheer minhaa - Page 115

Dhulqarnaeen
01-29-2007, 04:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister_fatimah

:D I was just reading and found this and I wanted share with u ...I think that are good news insha allah
( I think that yep ..are ...:cry: )

The signs of an accepted Hajj or 'Umrah

(*Please appropriately reference this fatwa to: www.fatwa-online.com, thankyou!*
:eek: )

Question: Are there any signs which appear upon those whose performance of the Hajj or the 'Umrah is accepted?

Response: It is possible for there to be signs for the one whose Hajj, fasting, charity or prayer has been accepted by Allaah and they are: the opening of the heart (to good), happiness of the heart and a lighted face. Certainly, for worshipping (Allaah) there are signs that appear on the body, signs that are visible and signs that are hidden. Some of the Pious Predecessors have mentioned that from the signs that a good (act) has been accepted (by Allaah) is that he will be granted the towfeeq to do (yet) another good (act). Certainly the towfeeq of Allaah for him to do more good (acts) after it, is evidence that Allaah ('Azza wa Jall) has accepted his previous good (acts). He has made it easy for him to do another good act and is happy with him for it.

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen
Daleel al-Akhtaa.a yaqa'a feehaa al-Haaj wal-Mu'tamir wat-tahdtheer minhaa - Page 115
Masha Allah, really? :happy: Im so happy to hear that masha Allah. Yaa Allah, give me hajjan mabrura imsad :cry: Ameen.
Alhamdulillah I just back from hajj, Im Indonesian and actually in this year, so many test for Indonesian pilgrims masha Allah :cry:. I just remember in Quran Allah azza wa jalla said everything bad that happen to us, thats because of our own hands, and the bad deeds that we have done imsad . But to me personally, my hajj so so easy. I have imagined just before I went to Hajj that it will be tough. I thought throwing the jumrah is though, and thawaf is tough, and stay in muzdalifah is tough, but when I did it, masha Allah walhamdulillah everything is soooooooo easy, Allahu Akbar. Although its cold season there still I just felt the happiness, masha Allah.

S_87
01-29-2007, 01:08 PM

^you found tawaf al ziyarah easy? when did you do it? :happy:

Dhulqarnaeen
01-30-2007, 06:25 AM

^you found tawaf al ziyarah easy? when did you do it? :happy:
When I said easy, that doesnt mean "not crowded":) , still crowded and I still couldnt kiss hajaraswad, but its just easy for me. I dont know, maybe because I have tall and rather big built than the other Indonesian :D, and I saw the other just about my ears :happy: walhamdulillah alla kulli hal. But I was able to touch rukun yamani in ever cyrcle alhamdulillah. But tried hard not to hurt the other. Masha Allah, eeeveryone came there with different intention, I saw them kiss the yamani, and they wap their clothes to the wall, and they wipe their face and ...arrggghhh aloooooot of bid'ah and churofat :offended: Yaa Allah, rarely muslims know sunnah imsad. Have you done hajj ukht?

al Amaanah
01-30-2007, 05:33 PM
masha Allah akhi! may Allah accept our Hajj, Allahoema ameen!!

FBI
01-30-2007, 06:02 PM

I got chased and harrassed by some niqaabi.

al Amaanah
01-30-2007, 08:14 PM
:wasalamex

wow subhana Allah

Dhulqarnaeen
01-31-2007, 03:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

I got chased and harrassed by some niqaabi.
Wow....lucky you bro :D . So when you will marry one of them? :okay:

Ooh...I was told the special things about mina. Its said that:
1. Mina have one character which other places doesnt have, that it can wider by its self according the quantity of the pilgrims. So Mina will always be able to collect pilgrims as much as it can.
2. Its said that Mina is FREE from flies in hajj time. Its in hadith, but I havent check about it yet. What I know was I cecked it while I was in Mina, and SUBHANALLAH, even in garbage places I couldnt find even one single flies :muddlehea .
And also theres another special things about Mina but I forget :rolleyes:

S_87
01-31-2007, 04:59 PM

i did hajj this year also. yes i saw people rubbing even babies on the kabah. and when the cloth was put up jumping just to touch the cloth.
i never got close to the kabah at all though, inshaAllah next time!

FBI why??

al Amaanah
01-31-2007, 05:06 PM
^^ me neither sis..insha Allah!

BlissfullyJaded
02-02-2007, 02:28 AM

1. Mina have one character which other places doesnt have, that it can wider by its self according the quantity of the pilgrims. So Mina will always be able to collect pilgrims as much as it can.
Really? Weird...I heard that they're going to remove the tents, and start putting buildings in their place to accomodate for more people...because now at the rate its going, there are people who are ending up staying outside the Mina boundaries. Or maybe I totally misunderstood something. That is more than likely!

Dhulqarnaeen
02-06-2007, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

Really? Weird...I heard that they're going to remove the tents, and start putting buildings in their place to accomodate for more people...because now at the rate its going, there are people who are ending up staying outside the Mina boundaries. Or maybe I totally misunderstood something. That is more than likely!
Thats not proving anything right? :eek: Not proven yet I think

Mawaddah
02-06-2007, 02:53 AM

i came back today a few hours ago. just two nights ago this time i was sitting right in front of the kabah...waiting for the adhan to go off and actually at this point too watching the imam come in and the womans reaction :rolleyes:
lol at womens reactions ;D

Dont look at me though, I just went along with the crowd innit :rolleyes:

Kiddinggggggggg

Did you see those women security guards at the doors with their batons whopping on the male Hujjaj? I nearly got pushed over because I stopped in the middle of Sa'i to watch her give this man one ;D

BlissfullyJaded
02-06-2007, 06:54 AM

^ When were you there sis? Did I just miss something...did you go this year?

Mawaddah
02-06-2007, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

^ When were you there sis? Did I just miss something...did you go this year?
I went there in year 2003 alhamdulillah :)

S_87
02-06-2007, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah

Did you see those women security guards at the doors with their batons whopping on the male Hujjaj? I nearly got pushed over because I stopped in the middle of Sa'i to watch her give this man one ;D

no i didnt see them hitting but they shouted at them loads :lol: but then once i saw them all chilling out with their phones (about 50 of them a week or so after hajj in the night) and eating so i thought oh they ARE normal! :hiding:

Dhulqarnaeen
02-07-2007, 04:19 AM
Why do those askar women have to wear burqah? :rolleyes: To make everyone afraid I think right? :D And all they do is yaling "hajjah....hajjah...hajjah. Tell the truth I kinda carefull when walk in front of them. I was afraid they will mad at me :embarrass Im sure if they yale at me I will just run a way :D But may Allah give them a lot of jaza' cause their afford taking care the masjid, amin

FA68
02-07-2007, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ra`eesah
assalamu'alaykum

should u share... wait let me think... mmmmmmmmm

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:)
Salam, Yes i have done Umra 4 times Marshallah, inshallah going to go in ramdan shareef. You feel so peaceful there. I want to live there how about you guys?? Allahafiz FA68

FA68
02-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Salam brothers and sisters in islam

How many times have you went to do Hajj or Umra??
I really want to do Hajj soon. Dua for me please inshallah.

Allahafiz brothers and sisters in islam

FA68
02-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Salam
Inshallah we all get to go and do hajj and umra very soon. Inshallah i am planning to go in ramadan shareef, dua that it goes according to plan.....inshallah.
i will also keep you in my duas brothers and sisters.
Allahafiz

al Amaanah
02-10-2007, 06:38 AM

I think its best not to tell about your good deeds in open. (how many times performed hajj or umrah) wa Allahu a3lam!

and I will make du3a for you bi idhnillah.

nelly
02-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I went to perform hajj in 2006> it was the hardest decision 2 leave my children behind as they were both very young and had recently lost their dad. I felt the need to go as i wanted 2 be closer and feel closer 2 allah.
wot a fantastic experience.
People who hav the opportunity 2 go shud be so grateful.
Wen I saw the kaba 4 the first time i couldnt believe how beautiful it was.
Wen i went 2 jamarat and saw the mad rush I actually thought ok, i mite not cum out of this alive but thanks 2 allah i managed 2 get through it.
I cant wait 2 go again but i dnt think it will be until my son is old enough 2 take me.
If any1 is thinkin of goin I wud say 2 them please make the most of ur visit. Spend a s much time in ibadah coz u never no if u will beable 2 go again

africa
02-24-2007, 07:36 PM
ASSALAMUALAIKUM,TO all my bros/sis,first of all i thank Allah who excepted me and the rest who performed HAJJ ameen.It was around july 2006,i said to my wife just make your niyyat v goin Hajj this year,more worried about the children,specially my 4yr old son Muhammad.My sis/bro in law also made the intension.As the time came nearer Allah made things so easy for us to leave for hajj on 13/12/06.
I just cannot believe it upon how Allah made our pilgrimage so easy that words cannot explain.Though it was difficult to keep-up with SABR SPECIALLY with my wife,but alhamdolilla i controlled myself so that i bring that same sabr back home.The word sabr was my intension to bring back home.I still feel,i did not do what i was suppose to do,may Allah 4give,and except all the Haji's,ameen.I ask you all to make dua for me to go for Umra for whole month of Ramazan.

FA68
05-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Salam Brother and Sisters in Islam
i went to Umrah last year in August, it was soooooo beautiful and the Holy Kabba shareef was so beautiful and i cant couldnt believe my eyes i couldnt stop crying. And when i went to Madinah Shareef and saw the Gumbad E Kazra and on my last day i never even got to do my dua properly as someone kept coming to mi and my sister and she kept getting scared but i wasnt.......but unfortuntely i nver got to do my dua properly. i had such a gooood time i want to go back inshallah very sooon. has anyone climbed the mountains in Makkah Shareef? please share with us how your experiece was... jazakallah. Allahafiz Brothers and Sisters in Islam

S_87
05-02-2007, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FA68
Gumbad E Kazra

sorry but what that? :-[

- Qatada -
05-02-2007, 04:17 PM

sorry but what that? :-[

I think they might mean the dome of Masjid ul-Nabawi (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam.) wa Allaahu a'lam.

:salamext:

IslamInside
05-02-2007, 04:18 PM
:sl: The green dome. Gumbad is Dome, Khizra is green.

skhalid
05-02-2007, 04:19 PM
I have been to Saudi Arabia...but unfortunately..I did not get the chance to go on hajj or umrah :(

FA68
05-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Salaaaaamz that is the green dome, sorry i should have mentioned that.:-[ Allahafiz

Al-Hanbali
05-02-2007, 10:28 PM

Alhamdulillah I had the opportunity to make Umrah for the first time, back in the year 2003.Subhan’ALLAH it was such an amazing experience, not to mention it was also the month of Ramadhan. :) It was so beautiful to perform the different rituals of Umrah like making the tawaf and sa’i. Subhan’ALLAH being able to pray the taraweeh salaat and listen to the Qur’an being recited by the likes of Sheikh Shuraim and Sheikh Talib automatically uplifted Iman. The atmosphere at Fajr time was so serene and tranquil. :)
The hotel was quite close to the Masjid and so I remember, I used to wake up to the call to the Adhan, Subhan’ALLAH.
At Zuhr time was it hooooot, especially when we were praying outside. The heat of the sun was blistering! :heated:
And how could I ever forget, Madinah. Subhan’ALLAH the Prophet’s (SAW) Masjid looked so beautiful, like a white palace when we were arriving in city. And masha’ALLAH the people of Madinah were so hospitable. I remember breaking fast and making Iftar in Madinah. I was surprised cos in Makkah all u were allowed to break your fast with, at the Masjid, was with dates, water, laban and kahwa, but in Madinah, mahsa’ALLAH they were like giving biryani and all sorts. :p I could go on and on but I thik I’ll leave it for now.

Insha'ALLAH May ALlah take us over and over again...ameen

Qudsiyah
05-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Alhamdulillah i went for Hajj in 2005. Subhanallah wonderfull seeing Kaabah. Masjidil Haram and Madinah city

S_87
05-03-2007, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamInside
:sl: The green dome. Gumbad is Dome, Khizra is green.

oh right thanks.

something totally random that makes me so :'( when i read it now . the haji and mu'tamers gift charity have signs up right. and one of them starts with.

Dear pilgrim, you are a few steps away from Allahs mercy. we ask Allah to reward you....

:'( :'( i LOVE that sign

sem
06-15-2007, 08:21 PM
aww mashallah seems like you had a good time,im dieing to go and will be going inshallah very soon,it will be a dream come true if it works out,do dua for me,anyways what hoteldid ya stay in and whats theone which is right infrontof the kaba shareef in macca and whats a good hotel in medina.?????????let me know inshallah.thanku.

sem
06-15-2007, 08:23 PM
wheres that sign,ur saying sister that makes you cry?

S_87
06-15-2007, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sem
aww mashallah seems like you had a good time,im dieing to go and will be going inshallah very soon,it will be a dream come true if it works out,do dua for me,anyways what hoteldid ya stay in and whats theone which is right infrontof the kaba shareef in macca and whats a good hotel in medina.?????????let me know inshallah.thanku.

for makkah theres the hilton and darul Tawheed, but in reality hotels like Grand Makkah and along that line are closer to the actual doors. the new one is abraj al bait is that the one you mean?

in madinah it depends which side you want to stay at, the movenpick and ones along that line are close to the womens entrance, the ones along the side of the Dome opposite Jannatul Baqi are new and building but there arent much food outlets there. further up the movenpick area theres the food but not the womens entrace. so it depends what you want closest :p

the sign is in makkah

- Qatada -
06-15-2007, 09:01 PM

I heard that the hilton one was the non muslim - paris hiltons or something, is that true?

jzcasejz
06-16-2007, 12:51 PM
1 - The Umrah experience is unexplainable! Best feeling on earth.

2 - Bro Fi: Paris Hilton is from the Hilton family. Hilton's a hotel company.

And if you search "saudi hilton hotel" in Google..you'll see that they've done Hotels in Saudi (Makkah and Madinah). And ALLAAHU A'LAM.

------
06-16-2007, 04:26 PM

oh right thanks.

something totally random that makes me so :'( when i read it now . the haji and mu'tamers gift charity have signs up right. and one of them starts with.

Dear pilgrim, you are a few steps away from Allahs mercy. we ask Allah to reward you....

:'( :'( i LOVE that sign

Where's that sis?

S_87
06-22-2007, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Where's that sis?

makkah

AmarFaisal
08-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Assalamoalaikum,

During one of my Umrahs, we were going around Makkah for Zeeyrah, to visit the holy places in Makkah.

One of this time, the taxi driver took us to Ghar-e-Hira. We saw a lot of ppl climbing up. The taxi driver told us to try if we want to. As I was doing Umrah with a lot of my family memebers, some of them said they wanted to go up and others refused saying that we shouldn't.

The ones who wanted to go up n visit ghar-e-hira said, we r doing it only for the sake of seeing the cave with our own eyes. Not because we think it is a very sacred place.

So me being young and energetic decided to go. Infact, we were all kids with just one adult. It was a very very hard climb, which got tougher n tougher as we went higher. For me n my cousin, who were anemic, it got difficult to breathe properly. But we decided we would see the cave. For us, it was more like an adventure. We had never climbed a mountain before. And our parents gave us this permission the first time. We girls were the slowest to climb. When we reached the top there was a small canteen there for drinks. When we finished drinking, we thought we had to go down back now. But then our adult cousin told us that we had to go the other side of the mountain to go see ghar-e-hira.

Well, we were really tired but had to accomplish the mission. We got down from the other side of the mountain. Around 10 steps down and we had to pass through two huge rocks to get to the inner side of the mountain. It was a narrow passage. Ppl here said that from this passage u can realise that our Prophet PBUH was quiet slim. I don't know if it the truth.

Anyways, on the other side was ghar-e-hira. It was a small path and the cave was really small. There were ppl praying nawafel in it. So I went in too on my turn to pray. But with three ppl squeezed in a small one person cave, I couldn't do justice to my prayers.

What was an experience though, was the sight of Ka'aba. It was visible b/w the two huge rocks of the ghar-ehira. It was perfectly alligned to face the ka'aba. It was as if it was made for the purpose of praying towards Ka'aba.
I loved this sight and can never forget it. To view ka'aba from ghar-e-hira was an experience.

And to get down from that mountain,,,,was another!!It took us 1 hour to go up and half an hour to get down. But beleive it, I never thought I could make it down safely..I always felt I wanted to jump. It was really high n very steep. Somehow I felt the climb was better than the down walk.

crayon
12-12-2007, 04:15 PM
I've gone to umrah three times. Once when I was in the 3rd grade, when I wasn't really aware of anything. And again in the Eid al Fitr holiday of 2005. That same year I went to Hajj and performed hajj for the first time. I also went to umrah again this year.

The feeling of being in the haram is so serene. It's simply calming, I just love sitting on the steps around maghrib time and making tasbeeh, admiring how many people are there, from all different walks of life. And the birds are flying all around. It's beautiful.

Salam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.