/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How does Muslims respond to so called "cussing"

Prawned
02-07-2006, 11:18 AM
I mean like bad language and such. I assume it's not allowed. (though killing people is allowed under the rules of Jihad) but yeah, how about bad words in English. Obviously none of the Prophets even spoke english so where do you draw the line? What English words can I say? (Or maybe I am misinformed and th eprophets spoke English?)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
02-07-2006, 11:27 AM
:sl:
I don't know about anyone else, but this is what I do when someone starts hurling the "f" word at me:
http://img176.echo.cx/img176/115/w21...eadbutt7da.gif

[P.s, it's a joke.]

MetSudaisTwice
02-07-2006, 11:28 AM
salam
you jum off a ladder attempting to kill yourself??? please remove the video as we have sisters on this forum and also youngsters
wasalam

Malaikah
02-07-2006, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Prawned
I mean like bad language and such. I assume it's not allowed. (though killing people is allowed under the rules of Jihad) but yeah, how about bad words in English. Obviously none of the Prophets even spoke english so where do you draw the line? What English words can I say? (Or maybe I am misinformed and th eprophets spoke English?)

I dont think any of the prophets spoke english- isnt english too modern? Jesus pbuh and Muhammad pbuh are the most recent and Jesus pbuh was about 2000 yrs ago.. i have no idea if english existed back then.

No. cussing is not allowed:

The prophet pbuh said: “The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely or speak rudely.” (Bukhari and Muslim)

p.s. why is the langauge relevant? people can swear (use bad language) in any language.

Also, i hope you do not insult those who post on this thread, as you did to those who posted on your thread about muslims understanding irony.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
02-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Theres a barrier in any language, and anyone who knows that language actually knows where that barrier has its limits.

So the Prophet (no matter where hes from) - doesn't need to explain every single swear word and mention whether its permissible or not. Its simple, and you dont use it if you know it will offend others.

And yeah, i wonder how muslims are supposed to defeat some people who attack them without killing anyone :rollseyes thats actually why jihads prescribed for us. :)

sumay28
02-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Cussing is a sign of a hardened heart.

(though killing people is allowed under the rules of Jihad)
Dude... what planet do you live on that people are not killed in a war? And Jihad does not necessarily mean a war, for your information. It's not a "holy war" or anything of the such. Insha'allah I'm going to fast today... that's a jihad. I don't plan on killing anyone today.

Ghazi
02-07-2006, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I don't know about anyone else, but this is what I do when someone starts hurling the "f" word at me:

[P.s, it's a joke.]
Salaam

:giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: Cool video

martina
02-08-2006, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

I dont think any of the prophets spoke english- isnt english too modern? Jesus pbuh and Muhammad pbuh are the most recent and Jesus pbuh was about 200 yrs ago.. i have no idea if english existed back then.
They probably did not have English in the early 19th century.

suhura
02-08-2006, 11:27 AM
I think that you should refrain from cussing regardless of its severity because it may offend others and have a wrong impression of you and even the image of Islam.

mizan_aliashraf
02-08-2006, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

[P.s, it's a joke.]

You have a very high opinion of yourself. These guys are kuffar and you appear to look up to them. Just remember the hadith of the prophet.
"You will be with those who you love"
Wassalam

Muezzin
02-08-2006, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
You have a very high opinion of yourself. These guys are kuffar and you appear to look up to them. Just remember the hadith of the prophet.
"You will be with those who you love"
Wassalam
Bro, do you know what a joke is? :p

Nawal89
02-10-2006, 07:42 PM
^eh apparently he doesnt.

Khaldun
02-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi

Or maybe I am misinformed and th eprophets spoke English?
People seem to misunderstand the fact that the prophets where not just raised amongst the jews and arabs, Allah says;

And certainly We raised in every nation an apostle saying: Serve Allah and shun the Shaitan. [Surah Nahl Ayah 36]

...and there is not a people but a warner has gone among them. [Surah Fatir Ayah 24]

The prophets are not just the ones mentioned in the Quran, their are many whom we dont know of, just to keep in mind inshAllah.

And (We sent) apostles We have mentioned to you before and apostles we have not mentioned to you; and to Musa, Allah addressed His Word, speaking (to him): [Surah Nisa Ayah 164]

The Ruler
02-12-2006, 09:07 PM
but wat do we do like in skool? :? i mean i cant just start puchin a gal cuz she swore at me. n if i stay quiet den dey dont stop. or they keep botherin u till they no u v accepted defeat (wich is very difficilt for me) :X

czgibson
02-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Greetings,

Apologies for going off-topic, but here's a misconception that needs to be cleared up:

format_quote Originally Posted by martina
They probably did not have English in the early 19th century.
English certainly existed in the early 19th century, pretty much in its modern form.

Old English (also known as Anglo Saxon) was around from about the 5th century CE onwards. Here's a chart for anyone who's interested:

History of English

Sorry, couldn't resist a quick lesson...

See you in the English Department!

English Department

Peace

abdul Majid
02-12-2006, 09:44 PM
how do muslims respond to cussing, is defferent than saying how does islam respond....

becuz ISLAM forbids it, but yet a muslim can go against something like a regular human being, even though it is wrong, so that person does not represent all of us......like alot of which goes on today, people are mislead really....

Muezzin
02-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Just to add to Czgibson's post, English in its modern form certainly did not exist in the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) though.

Umar001
02-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Im confused so, if I am not allowed to say words which may offend, am I allowed to quote the bible? which may use words which most societies find upsetting or wouldnt let their children say?

abdul Majid
02-14-2006, 08:24 PM
brother isa,,, were talking about cussing, what does the bible have to do with that, it has no cuss words, but when you quote from it , remember your qouting words of man, becuz the original is lost, long story

but if you wanna talk about the bible thats another story in itsself.....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.