/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How snoring can break up a marriage

Halima
02-07-2006, 02:08 PM
How snoring can break up a marriage;D plzzz read.

Washington, Feb.03 (ANI): Preliminary results of a scientific sleep study have shown that sleep apnea does indeed put a strain on a marriage, and that couples struggling with sleep apnea have a higher divorce rate.

Researchers at the Sleep Disorders Center at Rush University Medical Center are now conducting a scientific sleep study to find out whether curing people of snoring can help save a marriage.
Rosalind Cartwright, PhD, founder of the Sleep Disorders Center, said that studies had revealed that couples who struggle with sleep apnea have a higher record of broken marriages.

"Couples who struggle with sleep apnea have a high-divorce rate. This is a frequent problem within marriages that nobody is paying enough attention to. Can we save marriages by treating sleep apnea? It's a question we hope to answer," she said.

The Married Couples Sleep Study will be based on the evaluation of 10 couples in which the male has been diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea.

As a part of the study, couples answer surveys about sleepiness, marriage satisfaction, and quality of life. They then spend the night in the sleep lab where technicians determine each partner s quality and quantity of sleep. Following two weeks of treatment, the diagnostic tests and surveys are repeated.

Dr Cartwright said that preliminary results had shown that sleep apnea does indeed put a strain on a marriage.

"Our early results are showing that the wife's sleep is indeed deprived due to the husband s noisy nights. This is not a mild problem. The lack of sleep for both partners puts a strain on the marriage and creates a hostile and tense situation," said Cartwright.

In one case, the researchers found that after a husband had undergone two weeks of a non-invasive treatment that prevents the upper airway from collapsing during sleep by allowing the lungs to function normally during sleep, his wife's quality of life measure jumped from a 1.2 to a 7.

The treatment is called continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
02-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Lolol sis, astaghfirullah. I mean who'd think snoring could lead to divorce? But it's true I've read countless stories of it happening. That, or the poor hubby gets banished to the spare room. Thank God no poor bloke has been sent to sleep in the shed yet for sounding like a pneumatic drill :giggling:

DaSangarTalib
02-07-2006, 03:00 PM
;D ..woah does it really i didnt know that....in that case Alhamdullilah i dont snore :)

afriend2
02-07-2006, 05:19 PM
salaam,

lol funny article :giggling:! luckily my dad's snoring (so loud) doesnt effect my parents' marriage! alhamdulillah!

wassalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Halima
02-07-2006, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed
Lolol sis, astaghfirullah. I mean who'd think snoring could lead to divorce? But it's true I've read countless stories of it happening. That, or the poor hubby gets banished to the spare room. Thank God no poor bloke has been sent to sleep in the shed yet for sounding like a pneumatic drill :giggling:
I don't know but I just so happend to find this article and I dont know what the point in it was it to let us know to be aware of our snoring habits or was it to tell us that the statistics of marriage actually does break when a spouse snores. I thought it was very hilarious I definetly couldn't help myself but I couldn't resist either but to post I just had a good laugh;D

Snowflake
02-07-2006, 08:55 PM
It does sound funny. But the serious side of it is, when your partner is snoring like a train thundering past, it's hard to sleep and in the long term results in extreme tiredness. Then ppl get snappy & moody and arguments start. Not just abt the snoring, but anything trivial can lead to a full scale row.

The snorer suffers too, because they actually stop breathing for a while then snort loudly when it begins again. This affects their quality of sleep too. Luckily most wives just elbow their husbands lol, or pinch their noses to stop their snoring, instead of filing for divorce.

shorouk
02-08-2006, 01:01 AM
kooool

Rabi'ya
02-11-2006, 02:25 PM
:sl:

apparently - i snore more than my hubby(hope he dont divorce me for that) hehe

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

lolwatever
11-16-2006, 11:22 AM
:lol: thts just funny :D

Snowflake
11-16-2006, 11:35 AM
^ It's not! :(

I remember when my husband used to snore. Sometimes I'd just nudge him and other times I'd pinch his nose and hope he doesn't notice. But I tell ya there were days when I wanted to suffocate him with a pillow. :mad:

It's like trying to sleep next to a human rattle snake. Only the rattle is in his mouth. :uhwhat

lolwatever
11-16-2006, 11:41 AM
lol talk of bein harsh :offended:

how do u find out if u snore... i swear i hav no idea if i do lol! i dont think i do :uuh:

Snowflake
11-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Harsh? :offended:

He's still alive innit? :lol:

Have u tried sleeping next to a pneumatic drill 365 a year? :?

jzcasejz
11-16-2006, 12:43 PM
LOL...Kinda Funny...
But It Iz Sad To Hear News Of Any Breakup Though...

Snowflake
11-16-2006, 12:48 PM
sometimes its both partners snoring at night.

sort of like "snoring in harmony"
lolzzzz@snoring in harmony! Bass and treble eh...

Malaikah
11-16-2006, 12:51 PM

Snoring is mainly a guy thing right?

Snowflake
11-16-2006, 12:53 PM
^I think so. Except with our dear sis Rabiya :giggling:

InToTheRain
11-16-2006, 04:36 PM

How do they expect to survive the trials and tribulations involved in a married life if they break up over each other snoring? If they can't put up with that they would've eventually divorced in my opinion.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
By Time,
Verily all human beings are in loss,
Except those who have achieved ‘Faith’, have per*formed Righteous deeds, and have emphasized to each other the teaching of ‘Truth’ and (the value of) ‘Patience’ (perseverance and constancy).

Umar001
11-16-2006, 04:42 PM
My cousin snores, it keeps me up alot of the time when I sleep at his, I feel bad because I get angry at him, but then I do thank Allah that Im not his wife. I so hope I dont snore, I'd hate to have what happens to me happen to my wife.

InToTheRain
11-16-2006, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
My cousin snores, it keeps me up alot of the time when I sleep at his, I feel bad because I get angry at him, but then I do thank Allah that Im not his wife. I so hope I dont snore, I'd hate to have what happens to me happen to my wife.
Well if it gets to the worst case scenario at the point where ur thinking about divorce coz ur wifes whining at u for ur snores just remember you can always wait till she sleeps and slip some cotton buds in here ears or sumthing

Younus
11-16-2006, 04:49 PM
LOL

Though I did not read the article :hiding: but I just thought that I should give a laugh to the title because the title name sounded funny LOL ;D

At first, I thought it should have been posted in Halal fun section, but since snoring is related to health and science, so :okay: ;D

Umar001
11-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Well I mean if it gets to the point where she cant sleep I'd sleep in the front room or something.

but just so yall know, at this moment in life I do not snore, inshaAllah I wont ever.

Younus
11-16-2006, 05:21 PM

I believe that people actually snore when their mouths are open in the sleep :hmm:
Those who snore should try to keep their mouths closed while sleeping.

Snowflake
11-16-2006, 07:07 PM
MashaAllah you care about what'll happen to your future wife if u snore. The most common reason for snoring is being over weight and sleeping on your back. So keep that in check and you should be fine.

And don't worry, when I said I wanted to suffocate my husband, I was only joking.. So dun worry, it won't to that with your wife inshaAllah :giggling: I did feel like throttling my husband though.

Umar001
11-16-2006, 09:10 PM
I mean i'd feel bad that she'd suffer because of me.

And bro Younus some people snore with their mouths closed, well nto fully open.

I jus hope I dont snore man, this is another worry to add to my list of worries

Younus
11-17-2006, 06:30 AM
I jus hope I dont snore man, this is another worry to add to my list of worries

Don't worry brother IsaAbdullah. Before sleeping, do zikrullah and just follow the sunnah way of sleeping. inshaaAllah nothing should worry you then. :)

Muslim Knight
11-17-2006, 07:00 AM
I'm such a calm person but I have a problem while sleeping. I talk in my sleep and I talk trash in my sleep. Just wondering if this could plague me later on when I get married.

Snowflake
11-17-2006, 11:35 AM
^actually it might not be a problem. Your wife might find you talking in you sleep quiet entertaining. My little boy also talks in his sleep and it just cracks me up. Just pray you don't end up saying what you wouldn't in real life though ;D

Muslim Knight
11-17-2006, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
^actually it might not be a problem. Your wife might find you talking in you sleep quiet entertaining. My little boy also talks in his sleep and it just cracks me up. Just pray you don't end up saying what you wouldn't in real life though ;D
I don't snore but my main problem is that I trash-talk in my sleep things I wouldn't in real life!

Oh, let's just say that I'm glad someone is finding this entertaining.:offended:

Malaikah
11-17-2006, 12:22 PM

I heard someone sleep talking before, just once. It was the FUNNIEST thing that happened in my life- I was laughing for like 15 minutes! ;D Lucky for my friend what she said was more like something of yell and not any real words.:giggling:

Sleep talking is a scary thought though. :offended:

Younus
11-17-2006, 12:28 PM

If any of you had to choose between sleep talking and snoring, then what would you choose ?
And the situation is that you HAVE to make a choice. If you don't, then you get both.
So what would your choice be?

Muslim Knight
11-17-2006, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Younus

If any of you had to choose between sleep talking and snoring, then what would you choose ?
And the situation is that you HAVE to make a choice. If you don't, then you get both.

Sleep talking. Only I'd prefer in it I was doing zikrullah rather than talking nonsense. Then my malaykat would become a very happy malaykat, writing good deeds for from midnight up until fajr.

Younus
11-17-2006, 12:36 PM

Don't give the 'ifs' and 'buts'. ;)
Just stick to the question.
If any of you had to choose between sleep talking and snoring -(like any normal person) then what would you choose ?

Malaikah
11-17-2006, 01:12 PM

Do you mean that we do it ourselves, or the spouse does it?

Younus
11-17-2006, 04:50 PM

ofcourse, you do it yourself, you have been given the wish and not your spouse.

Hijaabi22
11-17-2006, 08:10 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my hubby better not snore odawise he gna get kiked out da bed muhahahhaah

jzcasejz
11-17-2006, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
lolzzzz@snoring in harmony! Bass and treble eh...

LOL...Snoring Is Pure Deep-Bass Though..lol...Not Much Treble ;D :D

lolwatever
11-17-2006, 11:25 PM
oh god :offended:

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-17-2006, 11:27 PM
^^lol..whats up bro..i cant stop laughing i find it sooo funny;D;D;D;D;D

wasalam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Thank God I don't snore! lol!
Lol i sleep talk too! my family makes fun of me =|
They said, sometimes i cry too! wt! lollll...:hiding:
Sad thing is, I actually caught myself doing it once..i was like wow...

Helena
11-17-2006, 11:46 PM
interesting thread......

snoring breaks marriages.....astagfirulla......its something natural i guess....

stupid question...why does snoring happen anyway?.......

lolwatever
11-17-2006, 11:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA
interesting thread......

snoring breaks marriages.....astagfirulla......its something natural i guess....

stupid question...why does snoring happen anyway?.......
for the same reason that big car engines sound loud i guess... :hiding:

Helena
11-17-2006, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
for the same reason that big car engines sound loud i guess... :hiding:
hmmmmm...........i still dnt get it.....:uhwhat :uhwhat :uhwhat ....

Far7an
11-18-2006, 12:02 AM
I think we're getting a little carried away here. Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.