/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Someone who wants to take the time to explain?

Anette
02-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Salam,

To me it is quite hard to understand all the anger about this incident about the newspaper cartoons. This kind of cartoon is constantly in our papers but with different topics. We do not even think about it very much.

This time I took the time to look at the cartoons and like the most people I have to agree in that theese cartoons did go over "the line". But never the less it is "just a cartoon" as I see it. What exactly makes it worth this violens that has become a result of these cartoons?

I really want to understand from other perspectives.

If anyone wants to take the time to explain to me I would be very greatful.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
02-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Hey.

The reason why its caused alot of anger among the muslims is because of what the images were representing, and that was totally opposite to what our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) was/what he did.

You can even read the biography from this link and realise that everything the media is portraying against the muslims is totally against what islam allows/disallows etc.

Life of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his beloved family)
http://www.islamicboard.com/prophet-...mmad-saws.html

Its against islam to draw/create images of Allaah Almighty (God), nor of his beloved Prophets (peace and blessings be upon them) [this includes Jesus, Moses, Muhammad (peace be upon them all) etc.]

Even though all this has happened, the muslims shouldn't destroy buildings, harm the innocent etc. Because this is transgressing the limits, and this is not what our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did when he was insulted (nor did the other prophets in their time.) Therefore we should boycott the goods of the countries that approved of what happened, but this doesn't mean that we should commit violent acts; as this is totally against what islam allows.

Instead we should use calm/safe measures, but at the same time - show how we've lost our trust in the people who allowed this to happen. Like i've said before; eg. through boycotting their products etc. But we should not destroy buildings, kill innocent people etc.

This is because in the qur'an Allaah Almighty (God) says:

On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land. (5:32)

If you got any more questions - then please do ask. Thanks.

Peace.

mahdisoldier19
02-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Salam Alaikam

As the advent of Adam grew more and more and their was a few righteous men who believed in Allah swt. The people said why dont we build statues of these men to make us remember Allah swt. So they did and Shaitan waited. Shaitan is very patient to deal with humans as logn as he gets the job done. So years and years passed on and People forgot these statues and said Who are these Statues. Shaitan told them that these are your Gods that your forefathers used to worship. Idioltray my friend !

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi Anette,
Please see the following post of mine:
http://www.islamicboard.com/176386-post34.html

Regards

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Anette
02-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Hey,

Thanks for Your sincere answer. I believe that what the images representing is against all (or at least the most ) humans believes.

You wrote:

“Its against islam to draw/create images of Allaah Almighty (God), nor of his beloved Prophets (peace and blessings be upon them) [this includes Jesus, Moses, Muhammad (peace be upon them all) etc.]”

Is it a matter of degree somehow? Or is all as bad if a member of another state drew/create images whether it is as a “good” course, or in this really dreadful way? Are there any exceptions? For an example there is a debate in Sweden right now if there are a need to withdraw pupil/study books that contains a picture of medieval Persian art that contains a portrait of the Prophet. For many decades’ images of Almighty and Jesus is drawn in the same way (sometimes as resentful as these pictures). It would be a whole lot of countries to boycott if everyone who have newspaper that published this kind of drawings including Almighty and Jesus ought to be boycotted.

One other thing that I do not really understand and hope I will be able to see in another kind of way is this: According to Islam this kind of drawings is not allowed but according to the laws in the countries that published them they do not have these constraints neither in laws toward the newspapers nor in religion. Likewise there are many things according to e.g. Christian religion that is not allowed in our countries but may be allowed in countries that have Islam as a main religion. My question is really; if it is all right for any other country to decide what kind of laws that another country is applying? I do not believe that western countries should force “democracy” with violence either upon any countries. What is the difference?

At the same time I can say that in some way I think that our newspapers in west has crossed to many absurd limits for a long time. But it is not the same that the state or the peoples agrees with it. There is a constant and welcomed debate about what limit the freedom really should have in these kinds of questions and what responsibility the newspaper has. And debate is a good thing.

I am a bit afraid of what e.g. a boycott to a western country on these grounds would do to our states. I do not think that something good will come out of it for anyway. The citizens including newspapers right to publish or say things, is a very high valued thing that few western people wants to change, more than that more responsibility and a second thought before publishing these kind of religious drawings. So I believe that common people will take the stand for not publishing these kind of material but even more firmly stand up for their freedom to not have any constraints.

The countries in west that today is not as “westernized” in their politics, that is more of “friends of both ways” may feel the force to take a step left toward the boycotted states politics. This may lead to an escalating violence situation in the world.

I know this is a whole lot of big questions that probably already been asked but I will appreciate any answer for my own sake.

Peace

Anette
02-07-2006, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Hi Anette,
Please see the following post of mine:
http://www.islamicboard.com/176386-post34.html

Regards

Thanks for the link. I found my own favourite argument in your text:

"Respect, tolerance and education ourselves about eachother can and will stop a confrontation."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.