/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Mount Uhud

DaSangarTalib
02-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Alhamdullilah

Many geographical sights were scenes of important historic events. The mountains in the area of Al-Madinah Al-Munwwarah witnessed significant events in Islamic history. Among these mountains is Mount Uhud, which the famous Battle of Uhud took place.

The Prophet peace and blessings of Allah be upon him felt relieved on seeing it, and the people of Madinah also loved it very much.

Mount Uhud extends from east to west with a slight slope towards the north. It is 7 kilometers (4.3 miles) in length and from 2 to 3 kilometers (1.2 to 1.9 miles) in breadth. Most of its stones are of red granite, and some parts of it are almost dark green and black. It contains some natural cavities (called maharis) where rain water is collected. The rain water remains throughout the year, for these cavities are not exposed to the rays of the sun. Close to Mount Uhud there are some small mounts, like Thawr and `Aynayn. Mount Thawr is located northwest of Uhud, while `Aynayn is situated to its southwest.

In 3 a.h. Mount Mount was the scene of the famous Battle of Uhud. The battlefield was the space between the southwestern base of Mount Uhud and Mount `Aynayn Mount, a distance of about 1 kilometer (0.6 miles).

Mount Uhud is also called the Archers’ Mount because it was the field where the steadfast archers in the Battle of Uhud were killed. The people of the Quraysh, upset at their defeat in the Battle of Badr in 2 a.h., wanted to avenge their dead. In coalition with some other tribes, they gathered a large force to attack the Muslims in Madinah. They positioned themselves near the hills of Uhud.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) marched out with the Muslims to confront them. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) took up his position below the hill. He (peace and blessings be upon him) arrayed the army in fighting formations, and fifty archers were posted on Mount `Aynayn under the leadership of `Abdullah ibn Jubayr to guard the army from any attack from the rear. They had strict orders not to leave their post, whatever the outcome of the battle.

The two armies engaged in fighting. The Muslims seemed to have won victory over the Makkans, who fell back in disorder after paying a heavy toll. The Muslims started gathering the booty. Thinking that the fight was over, the majority of the Muslim archers left their posts to gather the spoils, disregarding the orders of their leader to stay in their positions.

On seeing the archers leaving their posts, Khalid ibn Al-Walid, who had not yet embraced Islam, seized the opportunity and gathered a group of the Quraysh fighters, killed the rest of the archers, and launched a furious attack from the rear. The Muslims were taken so much by surprise that they did not know what to do. In the general melee their ranks got disorganized. Seventy of the Prophet’s Companions, including Hamza ibn `Abdul Muttalib, the Prophet’s uncle (may Allah be pleased with them), were killed.

After the battle was over, the martyrs were buried in the field of the battle. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) would visit their graves and pray for them.

The Muslims have followed in the footsteps of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) in that regard.

Mount Uhud had a special place in the heart of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). There were many hadiths reported regarding that.

`Abbas ibn Sahl reported from Abu Humayd who said: We went out along with Allah’s Messenger (may peace and blessings be upon him) in the expedition of Tabuk. We proceeded until we reached the Valley of Al-Qura and Allah’s Messenger (may peace and blessings be upon him) said, “I am going forth, so he among you who wants to move fast with me may do so; and he who likes to go slowly may do so.” We proceeded until Madinah was within our sight, and he said, “This is Uhud, the mountain which loves us and which we love.”

Qatadah reported from Anas ibn Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: Allah’s Messenger (may peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Uhud is a mountain which loves us and which we love.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kososhahab
02-07-2006, 03:11 PM
nice pics..i hav only gone to medina and mecca once... i really missed them!

DaSangarTalib
02-07-2006, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kososhahab
nice pics..i hav only gone to medina and mecca once... i really missed them!
i havent been even once so Insha'Allah i will do one day...maybe even buy a house ther Insha'Allah :)

DaSangarTalib
02-08-2006, 01:45 AM
everybody check out the beautiful mount uhud :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hidaayah
02-08-2006, 02:17 AM
jazakallah khairun..beautiful pics..!!
:w:

north_malaysian
02-08-2006, 03:06 AM
nice pics!:statisfie

MetSudaisTwice
02-08-2006, 09:54 AM
salam
subhanallah great pics jazakallah for sharing
wasalam

Nabal12
02-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Mashallah, it really is beautiful.

DaSangarTalib
02-13-2006, 10:30 PM

DaSangarTalib
02-13-2006, 10:44 PM

edil
02-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Asalamu Aleykum..
WOOW!!! I've always heard about mount Ohud but nice seeing it.Thanks.

Snowflake
02-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Gorgeousss.. I wish I could go there right now!!

Shadow
02-14-2006, 01:20 AM
:sl:
reminds me of the good old days
i remember the last umra me and my family went to, i decided to climb both mount uhud and hira
mount uhud i didnt climb much because it was getting dark
but me, my dad, my dads friend, my dads friends friend and relative, and my dads friends son whose also my friend
we went up to this narrow cave and it was soo cool as you cud have a good view of alot of the horizon, there were mountain goats everywhere, and mountain goat litter was everywhere too so it wasnt the best of mountains to climb with your bare hands, but the weather was nice and windy(somewhat rare for that region unless its in the peak of winter)
:)

ps. the pics seem old
the 2 pictures near the holy mosque, notice tht there are hardly any ppl there? :?
tht hardly happens these days, these days its filled with ppl at all times its open

anis_z24
02-14-2006, 01:41 AM
Salam
May Allah give all of us a chance to visit Maccah, Madina,(and other).
and one day Masjid Al-Aqsa

DaSangarTalib
02-14-2006, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anis_z24
Salam
May Allah give all of us a chance to visit Maccah, Madina,(and other).
and one day Masjid Al-Aqsa
Ameen brotha

format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
Masha allah !

some niceee ones :)

i too hv some similar pics in my userpage...added just now.

link in my siggy.
nice plug ;)

mahuruf
02-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Beautiful Pictures

Alhamdu Lillah, I had chances to view this mountain in 1988 and 2005. Insha Allah, more chances time to come

Wassalaam

mahdisoldier19
02-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Assalam Alaikam

Mahuruf Inshallah I can view it from your perspective in reality Soon : )

mahuruf
02-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Wa-Alaikum Salam

mahdisoldier19 we must go together. Insha Allah, I have an intention to perform Umrah this year. How about you?

Wassalaam

mahdisoldier19
02-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Assalam Alaikam

Im heading to Afghanistan bro, : ) Next time INshallah. Dont worry you will notice me around heh.

DaSangarTalib
02-19-2006, 02:24 PM
more pictures

DaSangarTalib
02-19-2006, 02:24 PM

Kittygyal
02-19-2006, 02:29 PM
wow !!!!!!!!!!!
gud pics

DaSangarTalib
02-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Pictures of the Battle ground of Uhud

DaSangarTalib
02-19-2006, 02:42 PM

julie sarri
03-04-2006, 02:00 PM
:sl: nice pictures makes me thinck about all the islamic history that happend there:w:

Z65
03-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Masha allah !
It reminds me of the week i spent in Medina , Gr8 pic bro,
May Allah be pleased wit u
SALAAM

The Ruler
03-04-2006, 11:06 PM
:wub: da pics...:)

:w:

FatimaAsSideqah
03-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Marshallah! I love to view those beautiful pictures!

May Allah Almighty pleased with u!

S_87
03-06-2006, 11:20 AM
:sl:

JazakAllah khair

i remember climbing that lil hill where people are stood. easy getting up. a different matter getting down ;D

aljawaad
03-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Maashaallah Great pics

snowdropjasmine
03-08-2006, 08:05 PM
i love those pics

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.