/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How laughing is good for you

Halima
02-07-2006, 08:40 PM
:sl:

What are the good things that happen to my body when I laugh?It can help my heart beat easier and my blood run smooth.
It can help my body feel more relaxed and less tense.
It can help my body fight diseases.
It can help lessen my pain.
It can help me breathe better.
It can bring tears to my eyes which can clean my eyes.
It can make me feel good all over.

What are the good things that happen to me when I laugh?
It can help me see my problems differently.
It can take my mind off my problems.
It can help me to not take things so seriously.
It can help me feel better about myself.

Look for healthy safe ways to make you laugh (that do not hurt others):
Story telling (Family & Personal)
Jokes
Comics/Cartoons
Funny movies, books, tapes, family videos, comedy clubs, T.V. shows like Candid Camera
Friends, clowns, pets
Games, toys, magic tricks
Safe play, hobbies
Learn to look at things from a funny point of view
Smiling (even when you may not feel like it)
Watching little kids
Doing things that bring you joy

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
02-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Salaam

Didn't the prophet say too much laughter isn't good.

Snowflake
02-07-2006, 08:44 PM
It's good facial exercise too! :D

Snowflake
02-07-2006, 08:45 PM
I think ur right bro.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
02-07-2006, 08:48 PM
:salamext:

Does Islam Go against Laughter?
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503544110

:wasalamex

Snowflake
02-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Phew! Tnx for the link Fi bro. I'm feeling better now.

shorouk
02-08-2006, 12:58 AM
good article
islam -truth the prophet sallahu alhee wa salem said its not good to laugh too much over stupid things or over nothing...

also if u laugh too much u wont ever take naything in ur life seroiusly but msiling laughing and being a happy positive person is highly recommended

Tasneem
02-09-2006, 08:48 PM
The prophet Muhammed(SAAWS)Said that
Laughing tooo much hardens the heart

SaLaMz

Halima
02-10-2006, 03:47 AM
:sl:

I had posted this article not to encourage eveyone to laugh excessively. Instead, if they are feeling down or blue or depressed and they may wanna fnd a way to take it off their chest by giving a lighthearted laugh.

:w:

aljawaad
02-10-2006, 05:07 AM
Nice article Sis.

Nasir_bhai
02-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Laughin too much hardens the heart it also gives u wrinkles :P but laughing keeps you young. just keep it in moderation

Halima
02-12-2006, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nasir_bhai
Laughin too much hardens the heart it also gives u wrinkles :P but laughing keeps you young. just keep it in moderation

yes the best thing is to keep laughing in moderation. insha'allah.

sargon
02-13-2006, 07:23 AM
Yea I think the prophet(pbuh) meant that people who laugh about nothing, or too much, can mislead you.

I have a question about that article though:

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) loved to instill joy and happiness in people’s hearts especially in happy occasions like feasts or marriage ceremonies. For instance, when Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (may Allah be pleased with him) tried to stop two young girls from singing in the Prophet’s house, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) told him: 'Let it be, for we are now in the feast.' Another version reads: '… to let the Jews know that in our religion there is time for merriment.'
Isn't it not permissable for women to sing in the precense of men? I know there are different schools of thought on the issue. Wouldn't this have an influence on those rulings?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.