/* */

PDA

View Full Version : y do ppl get bannd?

The Ruler
02-07-2006, 09:10 PM
:sl:

i dunno if any kind of thread woz made b4 concerning dis...but i stumbled upon quite a few ppl dat r bannd in dis forum today. so i was just wonderin y??

dont dey get warnings first? :? :?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
02-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Unfortunately over the past few days many people have joined the forum either as a joke, or to post obscene language or images, or simply to vent their hatred towards Muslims.

Normally warnings are given, although in extreme cases a user will be banned immediately.

Halima
02-07-2006, 10:13 PM

Might I just add aswell one reason why some people in here were banned in particular is because is they have either insulted the ProphetMuhammed(saw) due to the recent cartoon riots or to criticize Islam like Brother Ansar has mentioned which violates this rule.......

No attacks against Islam in any form will be tolerated on this discussion board. This includes, but is not limited to attacks on the Qur'an, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), his family and companions, or any other prophets in Islam, or Islamic scholars, past or present.

jzcasejz
02-07-2006, 10:40 PM
What if a person is banned for posting something offensive, will he/she be able to join again?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Halima
02-07-2006, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
What if a person is banned for posting something offensive, will he/she be able to join again?

It depends on what kind of offence it is. There can be many circumstances as to when a person has offended someone but they themselves didn't know. Then, in that case it is not their fault. Neverthless, one can always tell when a user has posted something offensive on purpose. When they post inappropriate images and they haven't even been here for 10 minutes then thats a definetly bad sign. Those are the extreme measures as to when we ban a user ASAP.

jzcasejz
02-07-2006, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
It depends on what kind of offence it is. There can be many circumstances as to when a person has offended someone but they themselves didn't know. Then, in that case it is not their fault. Neverthless, one can always tell when a user has posted something offensive on purpose. When they post inappropriate images and they haven't even been here for 10 minutes then thats a definetly bad sign. Those are the extreme measures as to when we ban a user ASAP.
Sorry but I wasn't clear when asking the question, my bad:giggling: . Today I was on the forums and someone purposely posted obscene images and I was wondering is he/she banned for life or will he/she be able to join again by creating another account? I really do hope people like them get banned for life:grumbling

Halima
02-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Sorry but I wasn't clear when asking the question, my bad:giggling: . Today I was on the forums and someone purposely posted obscene images and I was wondering is he/she banned for life or will he/she be able to join again by creating another account or is he/she banned for life? I really do hope people like them get banned for life:grumbling

Of course. Those kinds of people get a permanent ban and they have their IP address banned aswell. So they cannot create another account here.

jzcasejz
02-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Of course. Those kinds of people get a permanent ban and they have their IP address banned aswell.
Thank you soooooooooo much for this good news:happy: I now will be able to sleep peacefully now because I had a fear of people coming to this forum and ruining it :-\ But not to worry, we're all safe with the Super Mods 'n' Admins ;D :giggling:

Halima
02-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Thank you soooooooooo much for this good news:happy: I now will be able to sleep peacefully now because I had a fear of people coming to this forum and ruining it:-\ But not to worry, we're all safe with the Super Mods 'n' Admins ;D :giggling:

Yep! This forum will be well secured :)

inshallah! :sister:

aljawaad
02-08-2006, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
sorry to say....but they dont get their IP adds banned.
only their accounts get a ban.... they can get on wid another id :(

not all use a unique IP.....so its hard stopping someone.

ignore her.....she doesnt know much :p
Can't any other method be used to ban them for life?

MetSudaisTwice
02-08-2006, 01:13 PM
salam
yes those who are banned deserve it simply because they are offending islam by posting obscene and offensive videos provoking islam
wasalam

jzcasejz
02-08-2006, 01:20 PM
sorry to say....but they dont get their IP adds banned.
only their accounts get a ban.... they can get on wid another id :(

not all use a unique IP.....so its hard stopping someone.
Oh I see. Well not to worry, inshallah the staff will be able to manage this site without any problems :happy:

ignore her.....she doesnt know much :p
Wasn't that a bit harsh ;D lol dont worry bro I know were joking:giggling:

TSpot
02-08-2006, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aljawaad

Can't any other method be used to ban them for life?
There is really no way to ban someone for life who is determined to come back again and again. Fortunately, most folks who try to make trouble just leave when their account is banned instead of re-registering or using another IP address.

The only real defense is vigilent mods and admins to ban such folks quickly, even before the first post if it is a repeat offender.

Halima
02-08-2006, 01:21 PM

Wasn't that a bit harsh;D lol bro, I know it was a joke:giggling:
It was very harsh :(

Just ignore me I dunno what im saying.

MetSudaisTwice
02-08-2006, 01:24 PM
salam
inshallah if those offensive members are caught early then it will reduce the effects
wasalam

jzcasejz
02-08-2006, 01:27 PM
It was very harsh :(

Just ignore me I dunno what im saying.
No sis, we won't ignore you :) Calm down sis, it's all cool :happy:

oh btw, thanks to all the Mods who answered my questions :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!