Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salaam
02-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Salaam,

I think you should not be posting nasheeds which have copyright on them...:w:

mizan_aliashraf
02-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Salam
There is no copyright in Islam. Please do not borrow laws from the kuffar.
Wassalam

Salaam
02-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Salaam,

How dare you say that there is no Copyright in Islam, it is the same as stealing. read the following artical. you might learn something...

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545794

jazek'Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mizan_aliashraf
02-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Salam
Where do you get the article from. Copyright is not from Islam. the next time you want to attribute something to islam, do it with knowledge. And get on with your OS work
Wassalam

Ahmad ibn Saleh
02-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Assalamu 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi

Brother Mizan... Can i borrow your Operating Systems assignment... both IUA 1 and 2.

Jazak Allah

Salaam
02-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Salaam,

The Hadith of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, about wisdom as a lost property of the Believer is an authentic Hadith. It is mentioned by At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah. But this Hadith also means that the Believers should be open-minded and should learn from all sources. They should be more concerned about what is being said, not about who said or from where they receive the message. `Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, is reported to have said, "Take wisdom and it would not harm you from what bag it came." (see Al-Sakhawi, Al-Maqasid Al-Hasanah, p. 192).

Thus the meaning of this Hadith is to seek knowledge from all sources, not to take over other people's possessions. Islam encourages Muslims to learn, but it also respects the laws of ownership. Plagiarism, piracy, misquotation, taking other people's property etc. are all nothing but theft, and deception. People have right to their material property as well as intellectual property.

mizan_aliashraf
02-08-2006, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmad ibn Saleh
Assalamu 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi

Brother Mizan... Can i borrow your Operating Systems assignment... both IUA 1 and 2.

Jazak Allah

Please do not be off topic

DaSangarTalib
02-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Jazka'Allah khair fo the nasheed :)

MetSudaisTwice
02-08-2006, 02:28 PM
salam
nasheed are not my cup of tea
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
02-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Salam
The same applies for me, especially the 'nasheeds' of today.
There arem some that are no different from hip hop and the music of the kuffar.
Wassalam

hidaayah
02-08-2006, 02:33 PM
:sl:
yes true...^Most of the nasheeds today are mere songs...:(

Salaam
02-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Salaam,

Please respect the copyright of that Nasheed...

Mohsin
02-08-2006, 02:55 PM
I agree to a certain extent about nasheed being similar to songs, but you should listen to people Like Kamal Uddin, mashallah a beautiful voice. all his nasheeds are about glorifying Allah, or praising the Prophet SAW, and no music at all, just his plain voice

Salaam
02-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Salaam,

I have heard his nasheed called "Song of Innocence", masha'allah it is very nice...

mizan_aliashraf
02-08-2006, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moss
I agree to a certain extent about nasheed being similar to songs, but you should listen to people Like Kamal Uddin, mashallah a beautiful voice. all his nasheeds are about glorifying Allah, or praising the Prophet SAW, and no music at all, just his plain voice

Salam
I understand what you are saying, but even praising the prophet to much can lead to major sins, like shirk. There are people who make intercession with the prophet in their du'a. There are others who call on him. There are some who give him names and attributes that can only be given to Allah. I have head these 'praises' in some nasheeds. Not Kamal Uddin's ones though. Mashallah, he does have a good voice.
Wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.