/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A guide for family and friends

Khadeejah
02-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakatu,

As a revert to Islam it is sometimes hard explaining to our family and friends why it is we do what we do or wear what we wear.

They often have many questions such as why do you pray 5x a day?

Why do you wear hijab?

Why cant women and men mingle?

These questions are good, they open the window for dawah. Sometimes we try and give them literature to read but many times it is loaded with proofs from the Quran and Sunnah which is very beneficial to us but quite frankly parents and friends do not care to read it. Usually they just want to know why and thats all.

So I was thinking that maybe the forum could make a "guide for family and friends" with proofs from the Quran and Sunnah but keeping it to a limit so that it is easier for them and more comfortable. We can also incorporate the proofs inside the answer. If we keep it a Q & A they might be better and more incline to reading it..also if they use email you can email it to them so they can read it on their time. Sometimes parents and friends feel as if they have to.. but if you allow them time, sooner or later they will want to understand and read it on their own..and if they want to read more or have more of an understanding then you can give them more complex reading

So my question is is anyone interested in helping make " A guide for family and friends" ?

Jazaak Allahu Khair

Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakatu:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
02-08-2006, 07:15 PM

Why do we Pray 5x a day?

• In the Qur’ân, Allah says to Moses (peace be upon him): “Verily I am Allah. There is no Allah but Me, so worship Me and establish prayer to celebrate My praises.” [Sûrah TâHâ: 14]

• Allah relates to us the supplication of Abraham (peace be upon him) as follows: “My Lord, have me and my descendants establish prayer. My Lord, accept my supplication.” [Sûrah Ibrâhîm: 40]

• Likewise, Ishmael (peace be upon him) used to order his family to pray. Allah says: “He used to order his family to pray and pay Zakâh, and he was pleasing to his Lord.” [Sûrah Maryam: 55]

• The Messiah (peace be upon him) mentioned prayer when he was in the cradle. Allah relates to us his words: “And He enjoined prayer and Zakâh (alms) upon me as long as I live.” [Sûrah Maryam: 31]

• As for the importance of prayer, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “All that stands between a man (on the one hand) and polytheism and unbelief (on the other) is his abandonment of prayer.” [Sahîh Muslim (242)]

• The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The covenant that exists between us and them is that of prayer; whoever gives it up is an unbeliever.” [Musnad Ahmad (22428), Sunan al-Tirmidhi (2621), Sunan al-Nasâ’î (462)]

Why do women have to wear hijab?

• 1. The purpose of wearing hijâb is, first and foremost, out of obedience to Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him). Allah says: “And when you ask them for anything, ask them from before a screen.” One of the main objectives of hijâb is to safeguard women from the gazes of people of weak morals and from those seeking to indulge in unlawful worldly pleasures.

• 2. The benefits of hijâb are numerous. In addition to what I have already mentioned above, it protects the girl from being physically attacked or her reputation being injured. The Muslim woman is distinguished from the impious woman, for which she deserves respect.

The Belief in God

• Muslims believe in one, unique, incomparable God, Who has no son nor partner, and that none has the right to be worshipped but Him alone. He is the true God, and every other deity is false. He has the most magnificent names and sublime perfect attributes. No one shares His divinity, nor His attributes. In the Quran, God describes Himself:

• Say, “He is God, the One. God, to Whom the creatures turn for their needs. He begets not, nor was He begotten, and there is none like Him.” (Quran, 112:1-4)

To learn more about Islam please buy this book:

Cover of the book A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam.

ishkabab
02-08-2006, 08:06 PM
i would love that only if there was no debate over anything.....thats why i said no....because there are debates over namaz.etc .this and that..we should do it this way or that way....u know what i mean..

- Qatada -
02-08-2006, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ishkabab
i would love that only if there was no debate over anything.....thats why i said no....because there are debates over namaz.etc .this and that..we should do it this way or that way....u know what i mean..

:salamext:

We can insha'Allaah just explain the basics. this way - we don't have to go through the areas where debates occur insha'Allaah.

Allaahu a'lam.
(Allaah Almighty knows best.)

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lyalyapo
02-08-2006, 11:57 PM
and inshaallah in this guide we can smth for Dawah to non-practicing muslims, for exampla my parents don't practice at all and they don't know how to do nor salat no any Dua :(, and they don't want to listen anything about it, especially my father :(, mother sometimes listen but she doesn't hear anything :(, may be in this guide will be also ways of doing Dawah how to attract them to Islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.