/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ahmed Deedat

kadafi
04-09-2005, 12:28 PM
He is a Muslim Scholar with more then 5 decades of experience, amazingly he has more knowledge of Christianity then Islam and due to this, any Christian missionary thinks 100 times before debating with him. He with exact Surat, Ayat number, recites different quotes from Different Bibles each conflicting with each other which makes his opposite Christian missionary rethink his own religion. In South Africa were he lives, hundreds of people have entered Islam Including large number of Christian Missionaries.

Born in the Surat district of India in 1918, Ahmed Hoosen Deedat had no recollection of his father untill 1926. His father a tailor by profession had emigrated to South Africa shortly after the birth of Ahmed Deedat. With no formal education and fighting off the extreme pangs of poverty, he went to South Africa in 1927 to be with his father. His farewell to his mother in India in 1927 was the last time he saw her alive for she passed away a few months later. In a foreign land, a boy of nine with no formal schooling and command of the English language began preparing for the role he was to play decades later without realizing it. Applying himself with diligence to his studies, the little boy not only was able to overcome the language barrier but excelled in school. His avid passion for reading helped him gain promotions until he completed standard 6. Lack of finance interrupted his schooling and at the early age of about 16 he took on the first of many jobs in retailing.

The most significant of these was in 1936 where he worked at a Muslim owned store near a Christian seminary on the Natal South Coast. The incessant insults of the trainee missionaries hurled against Islam during their brief visits to the store infused a stubborn flame of desire within the young man to counteract their false propaganda.

As fate would have it, Ahmad Deedat looked impatiently in the store of his Muslim owner to find any book that is interesting, by pure chance he found out a book entitled Izharal-Haq, meaning the Truth revealed. This book recorded the techniques and enormous success of the efforts of Muslims in India in turning the tables against Christian missionary harassment during the British subjugation and rule of India. In particular the idea of holding debates had a profound effect on Ahmed Deedat.

Armed with this new found zeal, Ahmed Deedat purchased his first Bible an

d began holding debates and discussions with the trainee missionaries. When they beat a hasty retreat in the face of his incisive counter arguments, he personally called on their teachers and even priests in the surrounding areas. These successes spurred Ahmed Deedat in the dirrection of Da’wah. Not even his marriage, birth of Children and a 3 year sojourn to Pakistan after its independence dampened his enthusiasm or dulled his desire to defend Islam from the deceitful distortions of the Christian missionaries.

With missionary zeal to project the Truth and beauty of Islam, Ahmed Deedat immersed himself into a host of activities over the next three decades. He conducted classes on Bible studies and gave numerous lectures. He established the As-Salaam, an institute to train propagators of Islam. He, together with his family, almost single-handedly erected the buildings including the masjid which is still a landmark today.

He was a founder member of the Islamic Propagation Centre International (IPCI) and became its President, a position he still holds today. He has published over 20 books and distributed millions of copies free of charge. He has delivered thousand of lectures all over the world and successfully engaged Christian Evangelists in public debates. Several thousand people have come into the fold of Islam as a result of these efforts Due to his extensive knowledge of Christianity many of Christian Scholars with whom he debated have converted.

He is also popular due to his very humorous way of explaining Religion.

In a fitting tribute to this monumental achievement, he was awarded the King Faisal International award in 1986, a prestigious recognition of enormous value in the world of Islam.

No number of awards and honors can truly capture the man’s essence and zeal for Islam. This anthology of books is no exception. It demonstrates Sheikh Deedat’s analytical compilations drawn from personal encounters and experiences against Christian distortions.

In 1996 Sheikh Ahmed Deedat suffered from a serious stroke and since then he is unable to move or speak. Please pray to Allah (swt) for his health and well being.

Personal Address : 49, Trevenneri Road, Verulam 4340, Republic of South Africa. Tel (Res.): 331790

Famous Books by Sheikh Ahmed Deedat:

The Choice - Between Islam and Christianity - Volume I

The Choice -Between Islam and Christianity - Volume II

Is the Bible God’s Word?

Al Qur’an the Miracle of Miracles What is His Name?

Christ in Islam What was the sign of Jonah?

What the Bible says about Muhammed (pbuh)?

Resurrection or Resuscitation?

Arabs and Israel – Conflict or Conciliation?

Crucifixion or Cruci-Fiction?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khattab
04-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Is Shiek Deedat (may Allah have mercy on him) not dead now?

Far7an
04-09-2005, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khattab
Is Shiek Deedat (may Allah have mercy on him) not dead now?
Ameen, yes he has passed away

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-09-2005, 11:30 PM
No he is not!!!!!

He is still alive, and insha'Allah he is recovering in a hospital. Even as we speak he is working on a book!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
04-09-2005, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
No he is not!!!!!

He is still alive, and insha'Allah he is recovering in a hospital. Even as we speak he is working on a book!
Are you sure :omg: :omg:

NO WAY!!!!

MAY ALLAH FORGIVE ME!

Khattab
04-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Are you sure brother, my uncle who has a friend who knows him said he has passed away????????

Sometimes I here he has died other times i hear he is alive, whats up, does anyone know the truth about this?

BlissfullyJaded
04-10-2005, 06:48 AM
:sl:

Bro...he is still alive. :) My brother lives in South Africa, and he's heard that the Sheikh is alive.

Sheikh Haroon
04-10-2005, 12:03 PM
He is alive, yes. Very very ill, doesnt seem like he has long to live, but alhamdulillah he is still alive. May Allah heal him, and let him dwell for years longer amongst us. Truly is he one of the few great sheikhs that we have.

BlissfullyJaded
06-07-2005, 06:41 AM

Sorry, I only saw this thread now, but thanks for the PM. :-[

I asked my dad, cuz he did meet the Sheikh in 2003 when we there, and he says he met him in Verulam.

InshaAllah I'll try to confirm with my brother abt the address when I talk to him next. :thumbs_up

Muhammad
07-19-2005, 09:28 AM

Yes she just told me today (what a coincidence!) and the confirmed address is:

49, Trevenneri Road
Verulam 4340, Republic of South Africa

Jazakallah Khayr for your help! (I think it's same as the first one we thought)

Ummu Amatullah
07-23-2005, 04:00 AM
He is the most knowledgeable person out there how many of you could say you would dedicate your life to studying the scriptures of the Jews and Christians. I personally learned alot from his books, lectures, and my favorite his debates.The amazing thing about his debates is that he always wins. I heard from some people that he died .The last time I remember he was in the hospital, but is he dead? I think he was in the hospital for a stroke or something like that.

toxic
08-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Salam

just wanted to let you all know that Sheikh Ahmed Deedat has passed away on this day being the 8th August 2005 ie. 2 Rajab 1425 AH.

May Allah's mercy and blessings be upon him , and may his abode be in
AL-FIRDOUS. Aameen Ya Rabb

salaams and duas

nazapat
08-08-2005, 09:28 AM
To Allah we belong and to Him we return!!!
May Allah's mercy and blessings be upon him
Ameen !

Uthman
08-08-2005, 09:50 AM

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ
To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return

May his soul rest in peace,
n May he be granted Maghfirah n Jannah !
Ameen :'(

:w:

Bint Al Shaheed
08-08-2005, 10:26 AM
'To Allah We Do Belong & To Him Is Our Return' :'(

MAY ALLAH SWT GRANT HIM THE HIGHEST PLACE IN JANNAH AMEEN!

sherbie cola
08-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Inna lilla wa inna elahe raja hoon

This is very sad news , May ALLAH reward him jannah

sonz
08-08-2005, 10:39 AM
salam

Inna lilah wa inna ilayhi rajioun

may allah azwajjal reward him jannah and may allah azwajjal reward us all jannah so that can we can see sheikh ahmed deedat again

salam

Abu Zakariya
08-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

bronumba1
08-08-2005, 03:21 PM
i cant believe it

Danish
08-08-2005, 03:24 PM
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ
To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return

may Allah (swt) grant him jannah

Bittersteel
08-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

BlissfullyJaded
08-08-2005, 04:04 PM

:'(

Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi rajioun..

May Almighty Allah bless his soul, accept his efforts for the cause of da’wah and grant gracious patience to his loved ones during this trying time.
Ameen

Jazakallah khair bro zAk.

Mainul_Islam
08-08-2005, 04:10 PM
inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon.

format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Al Shaheed
MAY ALLAH SWT GRANT HIM THE HIGHEST PLACE IN JANNAH AMEEN!
ameen :'(

*!~Faith~!*
08-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Inna lillah wa inna ilayhi rajioon

idris patel
08-08-2005, 04:27 PM

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon.

May Allah (SWT) accept his humble efforts. May his grave become a garden of paradise and may he be rewarded with Jannatul-Firdaus.

Aameen.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-08-2005, 04:33 PM

Ina Lillah, wa Ina Ilaihi Rajioon.

Palestinian_Lib
08-08-2005, 05:59 PM
.: Free Palestine:.

Inna li allahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon :'( May Allah grant him Janat al- Firdous Inshallah Ameen to all Duas and Keep im inshallah in your prayers

.: Al Hoorya LiFilisten:.

Ummu Amatullah
08-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Really sad :'( .Like how most brothers and sisters already mentioned before to God we belong and to him is our return.Hope him the best and may Allah grant him an everlasting paradise ameen.

Zuko
08-08-2005, 09:06 PM
inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon...

May Allah grant him, and all of us, Jannatul-Firdaus, Ameen....

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-08-2005, 11:16 PM

http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...rticle03.shtml

He passed away, May Allah have mercy on him. To Allah we belong and to Him we return.

Khattab
08-08-2005, 11:35 PM
:sl: May Allah (SWT) forgive him and have mercy upon him and inshallah bless him with Al Jannah Al Firdous for all his honourable work and efforts of spreading the true message of the deen of the Almighty, ameen.

Abu-GKT
08-09-2005, 01:19 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum

Yes, he has indeed passed away - this is also confirmed on the website of the organisation for which he was the president and founder - IPCI...

http://www.ahmed-deedat.co.za/frameset.asp

Inna lillai wa inna ilaihi raji'oon. May Allah grant His mercy and blessings upon him and grant him a place in the highest of jannah - al-firdaws, Ameeeen!

Wa'Alaikum Assalaam

Uthman
08-09-2005, 09:01 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
May Allah have mercy on him
format_quote Originally Posted by Khattab
May Allah (SWT) forgive him and have mercy upon him and inshallah bless him with Al Jannah Al Firdous for all his honourable work and efforts of spreading the true message of the deen of the Almighty
Ameen.

anis_z24
08-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Salam
Sheikh Deedat has passed away . Its not a rumer any more

Late Sheikh Deedat…Legacy of Da`wah

Sheikh Deedat's coffin during the funeral. (Picture courtesy of Independent Newspapers, South Africa)

By Fatima Asmal, IOL Correspondent

DURBAN, South Africa, August 9, 2005 (IslamOnline.net) – Hundreds of people, from across South Africa, have participated in the funeral of Sheikh Ahmed Deedat, who breathed his last in the early hours of Monday after a stroke that kept him bedridden for almost a decade.

They came from near and far to pay their last respects to the man who had made them proud, a man who at a time when the Asian community had everything going against it, raised the morale of Muslims, a man whose voice of courage and truth served as a beacon of light amidst the shadow of oppression, injustice and prejudice, says IOL Correspondent.

The body of the late Sheikh Ahmed Deedat left his home in Verulam, South Africa at about 5 p.m. Monday, in a coffin, covered in a green cloth.

A sombre atmosphere prevailed at the Deedat household, as the coffin was passed from man to man, until it reached the hearse which carried it to the Main Street Mosque, where the funeral prayer was performed by about a thousand men, led by well-known Zambian Muslim Scholar Mufti Ismail Menk.

Earlier, Sheikh Deedat’s body was laid in the living room of his house, his 84-year-old wife – clad in a white burqa and jilbab – sitting at his side, embracing the many women who came to express their condolences, assuring them that her husband had experienced a quick, beautiful and painless death.

Those in attendance expressed the sheer sense of loss they felt at the passing of a man whose name had elevated the status of the South African Muslim community in various parts of the Islamic world.

Icon

“He was an icon,” said Suleiman Vahed, who had shared a working relationship with Sheikh Deedat. “I can’t think of anyone who can replace him.”

Rehana Badat, a former neighbour and regular visitor to the Deedat household said that his death, though expected, was extremely difficult to come to terms with.

She described him as having exemplary character, and paid tribute to his humility. “He was a very well-known man, and he could have driven a fancy car or lived in a fancy house if he so wished. But he retained his humility and simplicity throughout his life.”

She added that Muslims of his calibre were especially needed in present times when the Ummah (nation) faces many trials and tribulations.

Many paid tribute to Sheikh Deedat’s wife, speaking of her patience and strength. “She was Pappa’s strength,” said daughter-in-law Yasmin Deedat.

“She is a really positive person, and remained positive throughout his illness, never complaining about his condition.”

Yasmin said that the phone had been consistently ringing, with people from all over the world calling to confirm Sheikh Deedat’s death and express their condolences.

She tearfully related the story of Muhammad, a young Deedat fan from Saudi Arabia, who is presently in South Africa, studying English.

“He would spend day after day with Pappa, and had even visited him last night. When we told him that he had passed away, he refused to believe us, and came in today, heading straight for his room, wanting to spend time with him.”

Muhammad entered Sheikh Deedat’s room to find that he wasn’t there, but was instead laid, shrouded in his funeral cloth, on the living room floor.

“He just broke down and was hysterical, and has been quiet ever since.”

Sheikh Deedat was buried at the Verulam Muslim Cemetery after the Maghrib Prayers Monday.

The legacy he left behind wasn’t solely for his family, but was for the entire Muslim Ummah, said Yasmin.

On May 3, 1996, Sheikh Ahmed Deedat, born in 1918, suffered a stroke which left him paralyzed from the neck down, and also meant that he could no longer speak or swallow.

He was flown to a hospital in Riyadh, where he was taught to communicate through a series of eye-movements.

He spent the last nine years of his life in a bed in his home in Verulam, South Africa, encouraging people to engage in da`wah.

He continued to receive hundreds of letters of support from around the world.

Ummah
08-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Asalaamualaikum

is it true that he has JUST died? like yesterday?

Ummah
08-09-2005, 07:57 PM
^

Asalaamualaikum

im sure he passed away yesterday? (Inna Lillahe Inna Ilayhe Raj'uun)

- Qatada -
08-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Asalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

yeh he died y'day sis.

inah lillahi wa-ina alayhi raji-un.. may Allah (swt) reward him with jannah-al-fardous. ameen.

wasalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh..

Far7an
08-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Assalamu alaikum

threads merged

*ProudMuslimah*
08-10-2005, 01:00 AM

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Lillahi Raji'cuun, May Allah (SWT) have mercy on him and Insh'Allah grant him the highest level of paradise (Ameen)

Ahmed Deedat was one of my favourite lecturers, a good debater and lecturer

May Allah (SWT) reward him

S_87
08-10-2005, 01:55 AM
inna lillahi Wa inna ilayhee rajioun
May Allah (SWT) have mercy on him and Insh'Allah grant him the highest level of paradise
Ameen

bronumba1
08-10-2005, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
inna lillahi Wa inna ilayhee rajioun

Ameen
Ameen to the dua :)

Serenity
08-11-2005, 05:22 AM
Ina Li Lahi wa ina ilahai raji'uun

May Allaah rest his soul and grant him a place in Jannatul Firdaws. Sheikh Ahmed Deedat was, if not the greatest, one of the greatest Daees Allah has blessed on the Muslim ummah. His videos and books and conferences and public theological discussions have educated me. I've listened to many of his lectures on video and always found him to be an intellect of a unique kind for he repeatedly put the non-believers in their inferior position.

He will always be in our prayers and his life's work will insha'Allaah be an illumination for his grave, making it spacious, with sweet fragrance and a protecting Angel.

May Allah Grant his beloved family comfort & patience, especially his wife who has endured so much during the last few years.”

Insha'Allah he met his lord with the best record of deeds (May Allah elevate him to the highest ranks of Jannah - al Firdaws.

"And whoso obeys Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the Siddiqoon, the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are!" [TMQ an-Nisaa:69]

Nabal12
02-14-2006, 05:59 AM
I had to dig this up because I don't want to make a new thread. Does anyone know where I can download .wma video's of his debates and such? I couldnt find any link on his site, or I might not have looked properly. Salaam.

Umu 'Isa
02-14-2006, 06:47 AM
try this site sis. I hope it works.

Nabal12
02-14-2006, 06:55 AM
Salaam,

It worked! Jazakillah sister.

Edit: Umm...sister Maryam, it doesnt open as .wma files, it opens with internet explorer only. is there a way to convert it?

Goku
05-24-2006, 05:32 PM
May Allah reward Ahmed Deedat with the highest of Junnah, Ameen.

I didnt know about this great man until recently, months after he passed away.

We need more Scholars like him Insha'Allah.

Sohrab
05-24-2006, 05:40 PM
A great scholar indeed. Revived critical study of religious scriptures. I think the biggest asset he left us with is Dr. Zakir Naik of India. May Allah give him reward for his great contribution to muslim ummah. Ameen

smile
06-21-2006, 07:15 PM
I went to visit him before he passed away,at his home in Durban

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
I went to visit him before he passed away,at his home in Durban
:salamext:

SubhanAllah that was indeed an honour!
I was wondering, i heard Ahmed Deedat was hanafi!? Is that true?

:wasalamex:

Far7an
06-21-2006, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
SubhanAllah that was indeed an honour!
I was wondering, i heard Ahmed Deedat was hanafi!? Is that true?
He followed the hanafi madhab, but more importantly, he was Muslim.

Hijrah
07-05-2006, 12:31 AM
I have volume 1 & 2 of Islam & Christianity wich contains ost of his work I believe, his work is unbelievable man, I recommend that anyone read that, yes he was Hanafi, I believe that most people with South Asian descent follow the Hanafi Madhdab..I can't start a thread but is it mandatory that a person follow one Madhdab because as far as I know I follow some Hanafi and some Shafi

جوري
08-24-2007, 01:40 AM
Now that he has passed away his foes and adversaries are popping mocking websites about of every where =(
Allah yer7amo.. every time I had a question for a debate all I needed was to google his website he had it all covered... inna lilah wa'ina ilyhi raji3oon.. pains me that Ahel il3ilm are dwindling =(

Ansariyah
08-05-2008, 10:52 PM
He will always live in our hearts nd his dawah will always go on InshaAllah. May Allah swt make his grave spacious and grant him Jannah for every deed he solely did to call people back to the deen amiin. My Best friend became a Muslim through watching his lectures.

ayan333
08-16-2008, 02:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
He will always live in our hearts nd his dawah will always go on InshaAllah. May Allah swt make his grave spacious and grant him Jannah for every deed he solely did to call people back to the deen amiin. My Best friend became a Muslim through watching his lectures.

Ameen ya RABBI...Mash ALLAH thats good,many reverted after watching his lectures,by ALLAH (SWA)'S will of course

Masuma
12-04-2011, 11:18 AM
i pray for him whenever i remeber him! :cry:

my mamoo passed away too on 30 nov 2011. :cry:

i was just wondering how old this forum really is?! maybe brother zak or sis lily would tell. they are like really old people in here, even more older than the forum. :')

may Allah give jannatul firdaus to Sheikh Ahmad Deedat and bless my mamoo too. Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.