/* */

PDA

View Full Version : football ?

sadik
02-08-2006, 08:03 PM
:sl: football may be played as a sport but nowadays its being worshiped like a religion do you agree.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PAPA LAZAROU
02-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Totaly agree, the stars of the game are venerated almost as Deities.
I think humans have a disposition towards religiosity, whatever form it comes in.

lyalyapo
02-09-2006, 12:28 AM
hmm i don't think so, maybe , I know a lot of religious people who likes football, may be the stars become Deities for some people cause they don't have religious knowledge and don't have any ideology. Some times ago I heard the lecture of one scholar, he told about that every man need some idol to venerate and if man doesn't practice any religion he begins to search idoles everywhere

F.Y.
02-09-2006, 07:59 AM
It is becoming like a religion. The passion for the game is phenomenal.
I clrealy remember one Manchester United game where the fans held this huge, long, red banner proclaiming "MUFC - THE RELIGION".
That says it all I think.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sibghatullah
02-09-2006, 08:29 AM
:sl:
i agree with u that football is really being worshiped just like anyother religion I think this is because of the media basicallyy because almost every sports channel 50% shows are on foot ball and also because there are lots of new video games on football which comes into the market after every 15 days or in a month.people are wearing expensive shirts of their favourite team and player.
wasalam

Nasir_bhai
02-09-2006, 05:20 PM
:sl:

i agree that it is being seen as religion and people are worshipping the players as if they are god. the media have to much power and are influenicing the younger generation alot buy bringing all this merchandise.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.