/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You Have To Apply To Go To Mecca?!?!?!?

Jeness18
02-10-2006, 01:23 AM
What do you mean that you applied to go Mecca? You have to apply to go to Mecca? Wow...the kids in my class laughed when I said that...and I am kind of scared about approaching my teacher with yes or no...and i don't want him to tell me no and then you tell me one thing...so im only going by what you say because he usually doesn't know things... lol but umm more about "Makkah"...did you go to Medina too? Do you always follow through with your Five Pillars of Faith? I'm curious...this is open to anyone...to answer...

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

I can always count on you to help build my knowledge.
:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tasneem
02-10-2006, 01:27 AM
Well i have not heard you have to apply to go to Mecca

I have never been to Mecca but Daddy has

And he says theres no applying when going you just go

SaLaMz

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-10-2006, 02:00 AM
:sl:

You need to be a Muslim to enter the city, even the outskirts. Non-Muslims are STRICTLY forbidden from entering. And its not only Makkah, its Madinah as well.

ishkabab
02-10-2006, 02:03 AM
well to get to go for HAJJ u need a visa of course..so to get a visa u need to apply right?.....and u HAVE to be MUSLIM!!....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
02-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Only 26,000 Hajj from Malaysia allowed anually. I've applied last year, could go there in 2012. To many people wanna go there. Limited place for Malaysians.

aljawaad
02-10-2006, 06:50 AM
Wow i neva knew that you have to apply to go to Hajj. In my contry you jus need the visa and your ticket. Application? That's a bit silly, don't you think so? lol

F.Y.
02-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Well, you had to simply obtain a visa before.
Nowadays it is different - you see, there are so many millions of people who want to go, that they simply have no room - even tho they have extended the mosque and buildings. They have to keep limits on how many people can actually be in the Holy city because it is absolutely choc-a-bloc, which can get very dangerous with the heat and all that. People can get lost....etc.
So, an application is necessary for safety reasons. Show your class a picture of the millions of people praying in the mosque in Makkah. They will see why an application is necessary. I even think they give ID tags these days - so that if you get lost, you've got your number and nationality and all that ready and they can locate your family.
Hope that helps!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.