/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Mothers Love

aljawaad
02-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Cost of Mothers LOVE

A LITTLE BOY came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper and he handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his mom dried her hands on her apron, she read it and this is what it said:

For cutting the lawn: $ 5.00

For cleaning up my room: $1.00

For doing the shopping: $1.00

For babysitting my small brother while you went shopping: $ 2.00

For taking out the rubbish bin: $1.00

For getting a good school report: $5.00

TOTAL OWED: $15.00

Well, his mother looked at him standing there; the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he had written on, and this is what she wrote:

For 9 months I carried you while you were growing inside me: NO CHARGE

For all the nights that I have sat up with you when you were sick, doctored you and prayed for you: NO CHARGE

For all the trying times and all the tears that you have caused through the years: NO CHARGE

For all the toys and clothes I bought for you: NO CHARGE

For all the food I have fed you: NO CHARGE

Son, when you add it all up, the cost of my Love is NO CHARGE

When the boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were tears in his eyes and he looked straight at his mother and said, "Mom, I sure do love you".

And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: “PAID IN FULL”.

Mother is the most precious gift that GOD has given us.

“Your Lord has decreed that you should worship nothing except HIM, and show kindness to your parents, whether one or both of them attain old age while they are still with you. Never say to them 'Shame' nor scold either of them. Speak to them in a generous fashion. Protect them carefully and say: “My lord, show mercy, just as they cared for me as a little child :.( Holy Quran 17:23-24)

It is reported that a man came to the prophet (s.a.w) and asked:

“Messenger of Allah, who is most deserving of good care from me?” The Prophet (s.a.w) replied: “Your mother (which he repeated three times) then you father, then your nearest relatives in order”.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cihad
02-10-2006, 04:54 PM
i have tears in my eyes

Nasir_bhai
02-11-2006, 03:00 PM
mashaAllah that was very good

jazakallah kheir brother

:w:

afriend2
02-11-2006, 04:24 PM
salaam,

aw wow, that is such a touching story :'( jazakAllah for sharing!!!:)

wassalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
renak
03-09-2006, 05:27 AM
I'm going to read this to my son, and make him feel guilty. lol

usamuslimah64
03-09-2006, 05:37 AM
Salam Alaykum,
:sl: :sister: I really felt like crying when I read this...I just lost my own MOTHER and really its true..Its impossible to pay them for what they do for us:sister::w: Sister Susan

north_malaysian
03-09-2006, 05:46 AM
There is an advertisement like this on Malaysian tv by PETRONAS during Eid al Fitr years ago. But the differences is that:

1) The father ask the son to buy something at grocery store, the son was so angry, he wrote that kind of bill to the father.

2) The father replied back just like the mum did as aljawaad message.

aljawaad
03-09-2006, 06:16 AM
May Allah give you a better life in this life and in the hereafter. I know its really painful to live without your parents.
May Allah give every orphan a better life here and in the hereafter.

format_quote Originally Posted by usamuslimah64
Salam Alaykum,
:sl: :sister: I really felt like crying when I read this...I just lost my own MOTHER and really its true..Its impossible to pay them for what they do for us:sister::w: Sister Susan

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.