/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad vs. Jesus

partysoverkids
02-11-2006, 05:50 AM
I see and in a small way understand the fervor over "the cartoons" but what I want to ask is where was the embassy burning and the outrage when movies like "The Last Temptation Of Christ" came out depicting Jesus having sex with Mary Magdelan or the art exhibit featuring a cross submerged in urine. Was he not a Prophet just as Muhammed ?? I hope Jesus is not being looked upon as a "second class Prophet." Do you want to hear something funny ? I as an American support these peoples right to do these things even if I think at the very least they are stupid. I would die to defend this right.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
akulion
02-11-2006, 05:57 AM
Islam does not support abusive speech in any form

Jesus(pbuh) was a prophet of God indeed but you have to understand we are not his nation.

We are the nation of Mohammed(pbuh) so we have a very special attatchment to him.

(pbuh=peace be upon him)

kososhahab
02-11-2006, 06:10 AM
Was he not a Prophet just as Muhammed ??
mind yur words bro... Muhammad is a prophet!

below is a verse from Quran to condemn the abussing of other religions...

[6.108],Quran "And do not abuse those whom they call upon besides Allah, lest exceeding the limits they should abuse Allah out of ignorance. Thus have We made fair seeming to every people their deeds; then to their Lord shall be their return, so He will inform them of what they did."

And below are some verses from Quran to support that Jesus is a prophet
Quran, "[19.27] And she came to her people with him, carrying him (with her). They said: O Marium! surely you have done a strange thing.
[19.28] O sister of Haroun! your father was not a bad man, nor, was your mother an unchaste woman.
[19.29] But she pointed to him. They said: How should we speak to one who was a child in the cradle?
[19.30] He said: Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet;
[19.31] And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live;
[19.32] And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed;"

partysoverkids
02-11-2006, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
Jesus(pbuh) was a prophet of God indeed but you have to understand we are not his nation.

We are the nation of Mohammed(pbuh) so we have a very special attatchment to him.

(pbuh=peace be upon him)

Again, shouldn't every nation be Jesus' nation, just as they are Mohammeds ?? Why is one different from the other ?? Perplexing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
02-11-2006, 06:52 AM
Jesus pbuh was NOT sent to us, he was sent with the message to a different set of people. Muhammad pbuh, on the other hand was sent to all of mankind.

furthermore, why, as a muslim, would i be personally offended by someone insulting the cross (im not saying that i agree with it)? Jesus never went near that cross. he was NOT crusified, according to islamic teachings and what God swt has told us in the quran.

when Jesus pbuh is depicted as you have said, it is christianities version of jesus pbuh that is being refered to, the so called "god', not the prophet.

partysoverkids
02-11-2006, 07:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
Jesus pbuh is depicted as you have said, it is christianities version of jesus pbuh that is being refered to, the so called "god', not the prophet.

Jesus is NEVER refered to as God. He is the Son of God, sent to earth to die for the sins of man. I still don't see the difference. What I'm hearing isn't cool !!

partysoverkids
02-11-2006, 07:03 AM
Either Jesus is a Prophet or he isn't. Fish or cut bait.

Malaikah
02-11-2006, 07:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by partysoverkids
Jesus is NEVER refered to as God. He is the Son of God, sent to earth to die for the sins of man. I still don't see the difference. What I'm hearing isn't cool !!
so.. being the son of god makes his what? what kind of species? god species??:?
and thats besides the point anyway, the point is- christian version of jesus which is soooooooo different to the islamic version, cos jesus is not the son of god, according to islamic teachings.

nurul3eyn
02-11-2006, 07:11 AM
According to Islam, Jesus never died on the cross, nor ever wanted to die on the cross, nor ever was born to die on the cross.Muslims believe that Jesus peace be upon him according to the Holy Quran is a wonderful, humble, generous messenger of God who came down and revealed God's words to his people, the people of Israel

The rank of the Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam: There is no phrase
that can encompass all the features of greatness of our beloved Prophet Muhhamad,sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam; and there are not enough words to describe his greatness, a greatness that overwhelmed all people in all ages, and was decreed to be eternal. It is this greatness that is instilled in all
hearts, settled in all souls and felt by all the people.

abdul Majid
02-11-2006, 07:14 AM

ok so your basicly telling me he was sent to dieee for your sins corrrect? ok

Say there are a bunch of kids, and they have a parents ...all the kids are bad ok they lie, cheat and all that....and there's this one kid that loves his parents and brings them flowers and so on...ok....your telling me outta a show of good faith the parents are gonna take the good kid and kill him becuz the other kids are bad??? thats unjust man dont you think....god isnt unjust!!

nurul3eyn
02-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Muslims do not believe that Jesus is God, nor they believe that God ever chose to come down to earth in a form of a man to die for our sins to purify us and forgive us.

3:59 "The similitude of Jesus Before Allah is as that of Adam; He (Allah) created him (Jesus) from dust, Then said to him: Be. And he was." After a description of the high position which Jesus occupies as a prophet, we have a reputation of the dogma that he was Allah, or the son of Allah, or anything more than a man. If it is said that he was born without a human father, Adam was also so born. Indeed Adam was born without either a human father or mother. As far as our physical bodies are concerned, they are mere dust. In Allah's sight Jesus was a dust just as Adam was or humanity is. The greatness of Jesus arose from the Divine command "Be", for after that he was. He also was a great spiritual leader.

abdul Majid
02-11-2006, 07:20 AM
true sister

The term "son of God" was used many times for beings close to God, and not necessarily in exclusivity for Jesus. Most of the early literature on Jesus was written by people who have never met him and had a Hellenized past. Like anything, Jesus' words are subject to intepretation, and the people who lived in the Roman empire certainly interpreted Jesus' statements according to their context. Whether the Bible has been edited or not is not something only Muslims discuss, but it is part of the scholarly discourse amongst many Westerners as well.

partysoverkids
02-11-2006, 07:55 AM
and thats besides the point anyway, the point is- christian version of jesus which is soooooooo different to the islamic version, cos jesus is not the son of god, according to islamic teachings.

So again. Is he or isn't he a prophet, equal in every way ? I know you see what I'm getting at.

partysoverkids
02-11-2006, 08:01 AM
[QUOTE=abdul Majid;180654]

ok so your basicly telling me he was sent to dieee for your sins corrrect?[QUOTE]

Well, not necesarily for MY sins. But yeah, that's the way it's supposed to go.

Malaikah
02-11-2006, 08:01 AM
well yes, he is still a prophet, a great prophet, but not OUR prophet. an analogy: my dad is a parent, the guy across the street is a parent. both of them are dads, but who is more important to me? my dad, obviously. just like the prophet muhammad pbuh is more important to us becuase he is our prophet, but jesus pbuh still rocks too.

partysoverkids
02-11-2006, 08:07 AM

Of what species is Muhammed ? Jesus is of the same. Your question could be considered rude by some people.

Malaikah
02-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Of what species is Muhammed ? Jesus is of the same. Your question could be considered rude by some people.
i simply meant that if jesus is not god, yet he is the son of god, then what on earth is he? human? how can he be human if he is the son of god?

anyway its not important, off topic, and it was not meant to be rude.

partysoverkids
02-11-2006, 08:24 AM
It is apparent that for you, Jesus should be thought of in the same light as Muhammad, fore he is a prophet just the same. Because I am not a Muslim, his meaning is different for me than it is for you.

akulion
02-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Moses --> Sent to --> Children of Isreal (Jews)

Jesus --> Sent to --> Lost sheep of Isreal (Jews)

Mohammed ---> Sent to ---> All of Humanity

Thats basically the difference - no one denies that each was a prophet

However we have to recognize the function of each prophet.

Moses ---> Given the law in part

Jesus --> Not given the law but came to reaffirm it

Mohammed ---> given the law in completion

I hope you understand.

Peace be upon all the Prophets I mentioned

kososhahab
02-12-2006, 02:28 AM
i agree with u bro, akulion!
wasalam

shorouk
02-12-2006, 03:07 AM
Jesus was a prophet a holy one too he is mention many times in the holy quran and also there is a whole surah or section regarding mary

jesus came b4 the prophet mohammed sallahu alhee wa salem and he preached good to the people the after he died god sent another prophet who was mohammed and he is considered the last prophet so whatever he preached was final and his message regarded all aspects of life and living...

as for jesus we as muslims repect him very very much and love him very too but we do not go with the bible for 2 reasons:
1. it has been changed
2.prophet mohammed was the final prophet and so it is he that we shoudl follow now

btw the ppl who followed jesus at the time are goign to heaven...

shorouk
02-12-2006, 03:15 AM
regarding jesus as a man who died for the sake of peoples sins just doesnt make sense (with all due respect)

how can some1 die for some1 elses sins??

if ever1 is living and doign as they please and becasue of jesus's sacrifice they will go to heaven what will be the purpose of our living
???
y should we live when we are goign to heaven anyway??? y should we do good when we are goign to heaven regardless????

there is no such thing as some1 making up for your sins
every1 is responsible for their own deeds ....

as for jesus being gods son
how ?? how can god who created all of this these skies , oceans animals humans and human sophistication have a son????????
how can he have children like us humans??
and y would he need a son wen he is all powerful?
and if he did have a son would he b human???

i think its all common sense if u realy look at it carefully....
hope that i ws clear :D :D

Nabal12
02-12-2006, 03:29 AM
Just last month, I went on a trip to a catholic church for world religions class and when the Pastor was told to give a brief overview of christian beliefs (because we're all muslims in the group I went with) he told us that Jesus is god and god is Jesus, they are one being....which is what the trinity is. The pastor explained Jesus as just a human form of God. Doesn't that kind of rule out what you said?

Akulion, nice post. Shorouk, being muslims that we are, sometimes things that don't make sense to us make sense to christians and that is why they believe it.

partysoverkids
02-12-2006, 03:59 AM
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit make up the Holy Trinity. Now this is where I even get a little lost. They are one but seperate. Jesus speaks to his father many times in the bible so I don't think the writers meant he was talking to himself. It's known as "The Mystery of the Holy Trinity. " I have a hard time wrapping my head around it. I'm sure someone else could explain it better than me. We need to get a Christian to explain it better.

abdul Majid
02-12-2006, 04:46 AM
[PIE]i got the perfect guy to explain this people

-------> www.islamtommorrow.com

yusuf estes.... ex preacher turned muslim.... hell tell you about that 3 in 1 deal in one of his many online videos ,,[/PIE]

Ra`eesah
02-12-2006, 04:51 AM
Even a Preist can't explain the concept of trinity. Why would you want to believe in something that you yourself are not sure of?
check out, www.islamtomorrow.com / www.islamyesterday.com That Should shed some light from an ex-preacher who reverted to Islam. if you listen to his " How I cam to Islam" he will explain what the trinity is and how it is not even understood by the Christain Preist/Pastor/Preacher.

partysoverkids
02-12-2006, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ra`eesah
Even a Preist can't explain the concept of trinity. Why would you want to believe in something that you yourself are not sure of?
check out, www.islamtomorrow.com / www.islamyesterday.com That Should shed some light from an ex-preacher who reverted to Islam. if you listen to his " How I cam to Islam" he will explain what the trinity is and how it is not even understood by the Christain Preist/Pastor/Preacher.

I never said I was a believer. But, I do know believing in something you can't totally explain falls under the category of "faith"

abdul Majid
02-12-2006, 05:25 AM
it can be explained party

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.