/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Islamic sign found outside Houston Mosque

sonz
02-11-2006, 02:17 PM
An anti-Islamic sign that calls Muslims “the enemy” was found outside a southeast Houston mosque, police said.

The 3-foot-by-6-foot sign was posted on a fence outside the Islamic Society Of Greater Houston's Southeast Zone Masjid, located on Old Galveston Road near South Shaver Street.

"It tried to depict the community here or American Muslims in general as being the enemy and it also had a little character at the bottom trying to associate Muslims with terrorism," said Kaleem Siddiqui, a spokesman for the Houston chapter of The Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Siddiqui said the sign was hurtful to Muslims who attend the mosque.

"People have a couple of reactions. One, they are pretty shocked that that would happen in this area. This area is very diverse and there haven't been a lot of issues on this side of town. And, they are a little upset that their neighbors would do something like this to them ? that it could come from their own community," Siddiqui said.

However, Houston Police Department said the case would not be investigated as a hate crime, as the sign was placed on a fence which sits on public property.

Source: KPRC

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
partysoverkids
02-11-2006, 06:31 PM
This obviously isn't cool. I am suprised this stuff doesn't happen more, though. You must admit that there isn't many of these things going on in the U.S. Imagine how wild it would be if every time something happened that we didn't like, Americans filled the streets, like say the Iranians, and chanted "Death to Iran" and burned things and stormed buildings. If that day ever comes, the rest of the world better be afraid, very afraid.

Ghazi
02-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Salaam

Scared of America :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

afriend
02-11-2006, 08:53 PM
We're not scared of nobody's country, army or power ...we are afraid of Allah, that's what makes SOME of us dangerous on the battlefield.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
V_A_S_H_19
02-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Lol

Ghazi
02-12-2006, 12:40 AM
Salaam

If thats the attitude there taking then they're my enemy.

abdul Majid
02-12-2006, 04:00 AM
salam alakum

Are you kiding me not as a hate crime...thats bull bro , mannnn...you kno they should cameras outside every mosque....we do that here in the us...... alhamdulillah...... salam bro

partysoverkids
02-12-2006, 04:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
We're not scared of nobody's country, army or power ...we are afraid of Allah, that's what makes SOME of us dangerous on the battlefield.

No one's scared until the s*** hits the fan all around them.
This is definately a hate crime. Not cool !!!

abdul Majid
02-12-2006, 04:10 AM
now i kno ur fair party..bu not on everything lol

partysoverkids
02-12-2006, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
now i kno ur fair party..bu not on everything lol

Thanks, dude. You're not too bad, yourself. But not on everything ( hahaha )

abdul Majid
02-12-2006, 04:40 AM
[PIE]i might just give you a rep for that...if i knew how[/PIE]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.