/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Claims of prisoner abuse by british troops in Iraq

Isaac
02-11-2006, 10:23 PM
MoD to probe Iraq 'abuse' video

The Ministry of Defence said it was investigating the allegations
Pictures from a video allegedly showing British soldiers brutally beating a group of Iraqi teenagers have been published by the News of the World.
The newspaper says the incident took place two years ago in southern Iraq. An unidentified cameraman is heard laughing and urging his colleagues on.

The Ministry of Defence said it was aware of the allegations and the Royal Military Police were investigating.

The footage allegedly shows soldiers dragging youths and kicking them.

Alleged abuse

The newspaper described the footage as a "secret home video" apparently filmed for fun by a corporal.

It allegedly shows a disturbance in the street outside what the paper calls is a military compound.

Soldiers are shown chasing youths involved in the disturbance, dragging four of them into the compound and beating them on various parts of the body and kicking them, one in the genitals.

Authenticity

The paper claims that it has established that the soldiers involved were British, but would not disclose which unit or regiment were allegedly involved.

It said it has made exhaustive checks to establish the video's authenticity.

It obtained the footage from a whistleblower, who they declined to identify.

The Ministry of Defence said it took any allegations of abuse very seriously.

Its not a good time for something like this to come out. If its does come out in the papers and the mainstream media. especially now.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mahdisoldier19
02-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Salam Alaikam

What else is new in Iraq everyday new vids come out with Beatings and abuse, when will these soldiers just stop and leave them alone. Especially Teenage kids?

Kittygyal
02-11-2006, 10:28 PM
i agree wiv u Mahdsoldier19 wen iz it going 2 stop???

mahdisoldier19
02-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Salam alaikam

Well When i shoot off to afghanistan i know Im knocking a few heads out of my hometown!.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
02-11-2006, 10:37 PM
lolz

mahdisoldier19
02-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Salam Alaikam

What they think this is, kill beat rape muslims everyday and think to get away with It? Nonononono Im sorry it doesnt work like that. Thats why They invented some type of people called Mujhadeen to defend. And Inshallah others and I will work to become one on this board!

Kittygyal
02-11-2006, 10:40 PM
wot r muhjahideens ????

Ghazi
02-11-2006, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
Salam Alaikam

What they think this is, kill beat rape muslims everyday and think to get away with It? Nonononono Im sorry it doesnt work like that. Thats why They invented some type of people called Mujhadeen to defend. And Inshallah others and I will work to become one on this board!
Salaam

May allah bless you brother, it's refreshing to see people willing to defend something they believe in too many of us muslims are too comfortable in this dunya.

Isaac
02-11-2006, 10:44 PM
This will never stop, until muslims stop, think and then act according to the quran and the sunnah of our beloved Muhammed pbuh.. There was a time when the ummah was united. There was a time when the blood of a muslim was worth more than the kabba. there was a time when muslim belived in death before dishonour. there was a time when the crys of a muslim were answerd by men with hearts and courage. there was a time when the ummah was untouchable. i pray and beg that time comes once again. For an amazing lecture listen to shiekh ahmed ali - tears of al-aqsa part 1 and 2. One of the most poweful lectures ive listend to. it will no doubt bring tears to your eyez and increase in your iman.http://nadeem.lightuponlight.com/ind...html#Ahmed_Ali

Ghazi
02-11-2006, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
This will never stop, until muslims stop, think and then act according to the quran and the sunnah of our beloved Muhammed pbuh.. There was a time when the ummah was united. There was a time when the blood of a muslim was worth more than the kabba. there was a time when muslim belived in death before dishonour. there was a time when the crys of a muslim were answerd by men with hearts and courage. there was a time when the ummah was untouchable. i pray and beg that time comes once again. For an amazing lecture listen to shiekh ahmed ali - tears of al-aqsa part 1 and 2. One of the most poweful lectures ive listend to. it will no doubt bring tears to your eyez and increase in your iman.http://nadeem.lightuponlight.com/ind...html#Ahmed_Ali
Salaam

Ameen!!!!!!

Isaac
02-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Salam. I just wana say that ive seen the new video of abuse by the armies of kuffar in the lands of islam. My blood boils every time i see this abuse. but i have a quetion and a serious one. can someone give me an idea on how to get a response of all estimate 2 million muslims in the uk as regards to this incident. the guys were young littelry batterd by 8 men in full armour with wooden solid stick, kiked in the head, punched and on top of the the camera man is laughing and joking. I wana take this to allll those muslim organsaitions and so called representitives of the muslims and cee what action there gona take. cos i swear by Allah a muslim can only take so much. I swear by Allah the time to protect our brothers and siter has passed along time ago. How can i sit back and cee this happeinig to my brothers while i can sit at hoome in the comfort of my home, family and wealth. I was wondering if someborthers or sisters can give me some ideas on how not to let this abuse be brshed away like all the other abuse. how can i make an impact and get my voice across.

Anette
02-12-2006, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
Its not a good time for something like this to come out. If its does come out in the papers and the mainstream media. especially now.
I'm not sure that I agree with this part. First of all it is always a good thing that this kind of violence is coming to general peoples attention.

Second, this is certainly a thing that can unite people in what is wrong or what is right in a different way then the cartoon drawings/freedom to speak-question. Maybe the world need a thing they can unite about when there are another question that is so diverse viewed upon?

This is a question that reaches out from politics and religion and takes us to the part where we all are just humans.

Sorry about the boy though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.