/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Acne....Aggravation!

Tasneem
02-11-2006, 11:19 PM
:sl:

I have been having a problem with acne latley...

What should i do?

SaLaMz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
02-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Wash your face. :p

Just kidding. Try spot cream and all that hip new modern stuff. And drink plenty of water. Avoid too many chocolates and greasy foods too.

*charisma*
02-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

lol, well either ur face is too oily or its too dry

if its oily u gotta keep washing it, lay off the greasy foods, and try to keep it dry, use some of that acne cream they got out

and if its dry try to keep it moisturized with lotion or somethin and dont stay in the sun too long

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Muezzin
02-11-2006, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
and if its dry try to keep it moisturized with lotion or somethin and dont stay in the sun too long

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Because you might burn like a vampire :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nawal89
02-12-2006, 11:54 AM
eat vitamin C. It works for me. Oh and try to drink more waater...(icky i know)

Tasneem
02-12-2006, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Wash your face. :p

Just kidding. Try spot cream and all that hip new modern stuff. And drink plenty of water. Avoid too many chocolates and greasy foods too.

What chocalate?:giggling: :?

What greasy food?:?

And my mom told me i have acne because i
Put my hands on my face toooo much:X

SaLaMz

Tasneem
02-12-2006, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
eat vitamin C. It works for me. Oh and try to drink more waater...(icky i know)

Mommy told me to drink more water too:hiding: :uhwhat :heated: :rollseyes

And then she gave me a BIG glass of water:offended: :X

Oh! the pain!My stomach still hurts:rant: :okay: :rollseyes

SaLaMz

~Mischa~
02-12-2006, 05:50 PM
lol, their right sis.. avoid touching face too much.. doing so can add dirt and bacteria to ur face.. which will cause more spots.

afriend
02-12-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm kinda goin thru the same thing, but it's slowed down a lot since i used that painful treatment cream.....IT BURNS......IT BURNS........PRECIOUSSSSSS.........

LOL

But the best thing to do is.......MY MOST HATED ENEMY AFTER SHAYTAAN.....Go and visit the horrid chambers of your doctor.......go, and to return with.........blood sucking PRESCRIPTIONS.........

Wasalams, hope this helps.

*charisma*
02-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

and while ur applying those blood sucking prescriptions, stay outta the sun LOL

acne aint that bad, until u get lazy with ur body and health, oh yea stress can cause it too so ya try to stay stress free otherwise ull break out and ur like mamamia where the heck did this mutate off my face, so yea..and keep ur hands clean, incase u do keep touching ur face..

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Tasneem
02-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

and while ur applying those blood sucking prescriptions, stay outta the sun LOL

acne aint that bad, until u get lazy with ur body and health, oh yea stress can cause it too so ya try to stay stress free otherwise ull break out and ur like mamamia where the heck did this mutate off my face, so yea..and keep ur hands clean, incase u do keep touching ur face..

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

I use clearasel and i hate it:rollseyes

It burns!:offended: :rant:

SaLaMz

afriend
02-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Hmmmmm......stress..........That's my problem.....but the thing is, i can't get rid of my stress cos i got Some exams in May, the workload just piles and piles, and it's impossible to get rid of the workload.............

*charisma*
02-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

sis tas, when u look in the mirror can u see ur pores?? or is ur face usually like dry rather than oily??

if its oily then the clearasil should do fine, and if it burns try using regular 40%isopropyl alcohol, hydrogen peroxide works gud too and that doesnt burn

and if its just dry, keep it clean and put lotion on it, some moisturizer or something

and bro iqram, for stress well, that takes time i guess...

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Umm Safiya
02-12-2006, 07:16 PM

My younger sister used that Proactive Solution, and it worked wonders.. Her entire back, chest and face was full of acne, and now she's 100% acne-free.. :D So, she definitly suggest that..

:w:

TabTabiun
02-12-2006, 07:46 PM
As-Salaam Walikum- LOOOOOLLLLL!!! 'LIL' Bunny Boo :giggling: :happy: :okay: ;D :statisfie :) You know well what you have to do to clear that acne of yours and plus the acne hasn't been that bad... Mashallah Indeed that is a Mercy from Allah (SWT). :)
As-Salaam Walikum:thankyou:

maryam (",)
02-12-2006, 10:23 PM
awww acne...wudn't wish that on my worst enemy

do wot every1 has suggested, but if u don't wanna try all the medication, try using oats...yup, d very same one u use as porridge...take a lil bit and stick it in a coffee grinder for a lil bit, then everytime u shower, take a lil in d palm of ur hand, put a bit of water on it 2 make a paste and put it on ur face for a bit and then wash it off.

alhams, i haven't had acne, but it's helped wif d odd spot or 2

nikki
02-12-2006, 10:39 PM
assalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

i have this problem too! i cant use clearasil i get rash and it REALLY BURNS! :heated:
i hear that proactiove is good so i have to get me some of that.:rollseyes
i have been told by doctors that chocolate doesnt make much difference- its mainly hormonal.
sooooo we have to stay stress free, non-menstrual and water full looooool! :grumbling
i hate this too iv had acne for 6years and it comes and goes, comes and goes!:rant:
whenever i think its gone its back lol!!! lets try PROACTIVE and see what happens! and if that doesnt work i dont know what will- ive tried loads!!! loooool :?

take care and good luck- assalam alaikum xxxxx :sister:

Tasneem
02-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Shurkran every one inshallah i will
Try proactive

SaLaMz

Malaikah
02-13-2006, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ms. Amira

My younger sister used that Proactive Solution, and it worked wonders.. Her entire back, chest and face was full of acne, and now she's 100% acne-free.. :D So, she definitly suggest that..

OMG the second i saw this thread i thought PROACTIV!!! seriously people dont bother with any thing proactiv its like a miracle cream mashaallah, i used it and its sooooooooooo GOOODD!!!!

just one thing, dont bother getting the moisturiser from them becuase it made my skin drier lol, but hey that might be just me.

anyway i REALLY recommend you use proactiv, it so rocks man, and inshaallah it works for you.

Muezzin
02-19-2006, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

OMG the second i saw this thread i thought PROACTIV!!! seriously people dont bother with any thing proactiv its like a miracle cream mashaallah, i used it and its sooooooooooo GOOODD!!!!

just one thing, dont bother getting the moisturiser from them becuase it made my skin drier lol, but hey that might be just me.

anyway i REALLY recommend you use proactiv, it so rocks man, and inshaallah it works for you.

Do you own shares in Proactiv? :p

Takumi
02-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Proactiv Solution is not for everyone. This link might help you decide.

http://www.acne-review.com/acne.html...ckingid=381483

If you're still in your teens, consistently drinking soy milk will do wonders to your facial skin in long term.

shariq_0189
02-19-2006, 10:16 PM
I have the same problem....wash ur face eeryday atleast 3 - 5 times a day....Chocolate big no no. dont let ur face stay oily...keeo washing itt. lasttly...make dua. LOL

S_87
02-22-2006, 02:19 PM

eat honey and put a lil honey on your spots

oh yh also dont pick at them because
A-leaves a scar
B- can spread

MetSudaisTwice
02-22-2006, 02:21 PM
salam
alhamdulillah i don't suffer from this problem
i think you should drink alot of water
wasalam

Mawaddah
02-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Arrgghhhhh I suffered from this sooooooooooo much when I was in my earlier teens, they started from the same day I turned 12 and never stopped coming until I was 16:offended: and beleive me I tried almost every single remedy on the market, and all sorts of crazy home made remedies......but to no avail *sigh* but now alhamdulillah I've turned 18 and I see they're not that much, so I guess in the case of some people you've just got to wait them out :okay: ;D

Oh....and do NOT pick!!! :grumbling the consequences are too terrible to to mention!! lol ;D

Falafel Eater
02-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Firstly how old are you? Spots are normal for many teenagers, and there is not too much we can do about it, because it has to do with hormones!

Wash in morning and evening with Anti Bacterial Soap, i recommend Clinique Anti Bacteria soap. It is expensive, but worth it.

I would not use clearasil or any others, they make things worse, and are just gimmiks.

Drink Water, this helps by removing toxins. Skin is the biggest organ of the body, and it requires water and sunlight.

I dont get spots now, because i follow a strict regime of healthy eating and living. I excercise a lot and am keen on sports.

You dont get spots because you are dirty. Spots come from inside the skin's pores from blocked oil glands. Although, if you dont wash with soap it will get worse.

I find that running or doing excercise that builds up sweat is good for clearing the pores, as long as you take a shower and wash your face really good with a anti bacterial soap. Massage the soap into your face as if exfoliating, and then rinse clean. Make sure to wash in morning and evening, and perhaps even in afternoon if you notice any excess skin oil. - InshaAllah it will get better, as i noticed i dont get oily skin like i used to as a teenager. -- But dont over do it, washing more than 3 times with soap will make your face dry and can make your skin produce more oil and worsen your acne.

Eating is very important. A lot of people say that chocolates and oily foods dont make a difference. I disagree, as you are what you eat. These same so called "experts" will not point out the difference between people living in poor third world countries who eat natural food and those living in Western countries who eat processed junk full of artificial gunk and sugar! You will notice that people who eat healthy diet in poorer countries are less likely to get acne-- So, Try and cut down on chocolates, fizzy drinks and sugary products.

Also dont worry about them, worry and stress makes it worse! and listen to your mum, dont touch your face. It will just spread bacteria. Dont pick your spots if they are red and hurt, you will get scarring. Read here for more info:
http://www.stopspots.org/

I hope this helps, because i remember getting spots a few years ago in school hehe. Now im a spot free 23 year old, elhamdulilah, maybe its to do with age, but i think these are good points too which make a difference to overall general health.

Al-Zaara
02-22-2006, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

A-leaves a scar
B- can spread
:sl: , everybody!

Honey? You mean it? I've never heard of putting honey on your face... lol
But maybe it works, honey is nature's own little wonder. :okay:

Well, I too have acne problems, but no major... It is more these teenage-years... I really don't like to be a teenager... Too complicated and acne, is probably the worst... :offended:

Anyways, to those that have tried Proactive Solution, how long did it take until you saw results? :? I'm obviously the type that likes to know how long time it takes until something works... :okay:

Hope you all soon will be acne-free, myself included. :offended:

Ma salama.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-22-2006, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tasneem

I have been having a problem with acne latley...

What should i do?

SaLaMz

Acne
To healp against acne, mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice with 1 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon powder. Apply on affected areas frequently. For acne spots, apply lemon juice with a cotton bud as bactericide. You have to watch your diet though, greasy and sweet food are the main cause of it.

Kittygyal
02-22-2006, 04:02 PM
wot about if u smoke it causes that aswell cuz i smoke n the doctor told me that it can cause acne spots too.

MetSudaisTwice
02-22-2006, 04:04 PM
salam
smoking is makhruh
and drinking plenty of water definetly helps inshallah
wasalam

Kittygyal
02-22-2006, 04:06 PM
sorry brova wot duz makhruh mean?

soraia
02-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Alhamdoulilah i dont have trouble with acne.. but most of the advice given here are good. Like to keep ur skin aways clean and drink lots of water , will surely hlep :)

Uthman
03-01-2006, 09:35 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
wot duz makhruh mean?
Makhruh is one step less then Haraam. It is 'frowned upon'. If you do it, you will not be punished. If you don't do it, you will be rewarded. An example of Makrooh is eating crab. :)

jung
03-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Hello all,

There are lots of great advice given here. I have one too - how about seeing Dermatologist? They are trained in the area. If you have medical insurance, that would be a viable option. Home remedies may work but but may not.

I would do your own research for a couple hours on the internet on the causes and treatments that are available and consider them carefully. It’s your health after all.

jung

FatimaAsSideqah
03-09-2006, 11:10 AM

The androgenic hormones, particularly testosterone, that increase at puberty, and the surge of premenstrual hormones, trigger increased production of sebum in the sweat glands. The pores become clogged with both sebum and dead skin cells creating a prime breeding ground for bacteria. These bacteria and the breakdown products of sebum cause irritation and inflammation in the pores. The result is acne – blackheads, whiteheads, pustules, and cysts in the skin. Unfortunately, certain people are genetically predisposed to have more problems with acne than others.

The measures to prevent and cure acne include diet, hygiene, nutritional supplements, and medicines. Maintain a consistent preventive and treatment program and acne will resolve. Natural treatments have no side effects. Drugs can cause problems, but may be necessary in persistent cases. Most problems with acne, however, will respond to natural treatments and a diligent program of diet and skin care.

1. Cut back on saturated fats (whole milk and cheese).

2. Eliminate partially hydrogenated fats. (Read labels. They are contained in chips crackers, and cookies, all those snack foods in a box or bag).

3. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and salads.

There are two reasons for people with acne to apply things to the skin. One is to exfoliate skin cells. Hormones that cause acne also cause excess shedding of skin cells, which block the pores. Exfoliants will correct abnormal shedding and unclog the pores. The second type of application, antiseptics and antibacterials will help prevent infections in the pores.

It is important to maintain an acid environment in the skin. Do not wash the skin with soap, which is too alkaline and debrides the acid mantle of the skin. Instead, use a facial brush and hot water. Do not use products that contain alcohol!

Wash with hot water and a facial brush or washcloth. Squeeze a fresh lemon into a small bowl and put the juice on a cotton ball. Apply cotton ball to face. Repeat soaking of cotton ball in lemon juice as needed. Let lemon juice dry on face for about 10 minutes then rinse with cool water. The lemon juice should make your face sting or mildly burn. For sensitive skin, dilute juice with filtered water.

Or

Use uncooked honey, apply to face and pat until sticky. Leave in place for five minutes. Honey enzymes rejuvenate the skin and act as an antimicrobial.

Or

Tea tree oil has been shown to remove and stop the growth of bacteria on the skin. An Australian study showed that a 5 percent tea tree oil gel was as effective as 5 percent benzoyl peroxide. Tea tree oil is the only essential oil (except for lavender) that can be applied directly to the skin with no carrier oil. Like other antimicrobials, tea tree oil should be used in a consistent daily regimen to prevent infections.

Your Natural program for acne

Diet – stop bad fats, drink water, and eat fruits and vegetables

Supplements – zinc, acidophilus, flaxseed oil

Skin treatments – lemon juice wash, honey facials or tea tree oil
then glycolic acid and azelaic acid.

Sorry for long message!!

:w: :sister:

Malaikah
04-09-2006, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aafreen
Anyways, to those that have tried Proactive Solution, how long did it take until you saw results? :? I'm obviously the type that likes to know how long time it takes until something works... :okay:

hmm well its been over a year since i started using it but i guess by about a month you could REALLY tell the difference.. if you check out the website for proactiv they have lots of great stories of people how have used it and you might be able to get some more info from there

Sanaa'
04-09-2006, 02:47 PM
salam

definitely do NOT keep washing your face. If you have acne due to oily skin, washing you face will [I] make your skin drier - but only for a little while. After that, your glands will realise that tyou skin is dry, and will start producing more oil to make up for the lost oil - in the end, your skin will get more oily than it was in the first place. You should not wash your face more than two times a day - and definitely not with a harsh face wash.

You do need to drink plenty of water though, and eat healthy. Usually junk food will aggravate acne - there is no direct cause between acne and chocolate - however, if you notice you get a few more pimples when you eat chocolate - you should obviously cut down on your chocolate intake.

At you drugstore, you'll probably find loads of stuff designed for clearing up acne. A lot of this stuff is very similar. In the beginning, look for things that contain benzoal peroxide (sp?), and/or sulfur as their main ingredients. Look for the products that contain it in smaller quantities, and if you find nothing helps within the first two weeks of using it, change to products with a higher concentration of those ingreditents. Anything that has alcohol, is NOT good for you skin - it will just cause more oil to form, blocking you pored and causing acne.

Acne can also be caused when your hormones are at a high level in you body, and so you might notice patterns in when you have the most acne every month. For this, just make sure you've been paying extra attention to your skin during and around that time.

Also, try putting on a face mask (I prefer the mud masks - but hey, it's you choice), and using a scrub atleast once a week.

I don't have MAJOR acne, but I do sometimes get it. A lot of the drug store stuff didn't really work for me, but I can tell you the OXI pads worked for my friend. I'm trying proactiv right now, but I've only been using it for about two weeks, and yeah, I can tell you it seems to be working.

Inshallah your acne will clear up soon time. I hope my information helped.

Salams

Tasneem
04-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Shurkran everybody for the advice!!!!
I went to my local CVS store and i could not find proactive :grumbling :rollseyes BUT i got something else....But inshallah i will try to get proactive.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 06:44 PM
I went to my local CVS store and i could not find proactive :grumbling :rollseyes BUT i got something else....But inshallah i will try to get proactive.
lol, best thing to do is eat healthy, try usin black seed oil my mum says, drink lotsa water an stay cleeeaan :)

*noor
04-19-2006, 06:46 PM
relax. thats the key
about 2 years ago, i was really stressed out and i didnt used to pray and i thought that my problems would never end. and thats wat caused me to have acne.

now i pray and im more relaxed. this may sound bizarre but if u develop a relaitonship with Allah, you will most likely be less stressed out. now i have no acne.......alhamdulillah........and i think its because of Salah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

extinction
04-19-2006, 06:57 PM
cvs wont have proactiv.....proactiv for starters the cheapest you can get it is like 19.99 per month and they send you a kit every two months so its like 40 bucks per kit which i think is a rip-off however there is this cheap alternative which is the SAME exact thing and it costs approx 28 dollars and can be found in cvs, costco, sams, anywhere and it is way cheaper and it works! its called acne-free (very simple I know) it comes in a white box with 3 bottles...way cheaper than proactiv and same results..prescribed by the inshallah soon to be pharmacist mo!! if that doesnt do it then pay a visit to the dermatologist and ask for differin(key ingredient is adapalene) if you have marks ask for retin-a... theres alot of myths about food and stress but I agree with them for some reason try to have soy milk if available a bit more expensive but does wonders ...water is also very very important 8 cups of 8oz a day minimum......erm also a good natural product is shea butter very good for marks...sounds like alot but inshallah sooner or later will work and dont forget to ask Allah the most important ingredient!!!! because He is the one who cures not the medicine..medicine is simply a procedure which is sunnah.....

Sunflower
04-19-2006, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
lol, , try usin black seed oil my mum says,
i heard that black seed can cure/prevent any illness apart from death. so that would be something very good to try

simply4allah
04-25-2006, 10:40 PM
proactive didn't work for me

Falafel Eater
06-20-2006, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Makhruh is one step less then Haraam. It is 'frowned upon'. If you do it, you will not be punished. If you don't do it, you will be rewarded. An example of Makrooh is eating crab. :)

Smoking is Haram as it is poisons the body.

Eating Crab is Halal as it is from the sea.

Sis786
06-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I use clearasel and i hate it:rollseyes

It burns!:offended: :rant:

SaLaMz
Thats the worse thing you can use. Use plain water only and eat loads of Lemons and Oranges that helps... And yeah touching your skin does provoke the spots

Malaikah
06-21-2006, 02:10 AM

you cant buy it from stores, it has to be phone order or i think you can do it online.

muzna
06-21-2006, 06:45 AM
does proactive actually work? saw it advertised on tv..didnt think it would work cause those things usually dont..

syilla
06-21-2006, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muzna
does proactive actually work? saw it advertised on tv..didnt think it would work cause those things usually dont..
me too... i usually don't believe it...but i guess it works...hehe.

Asyur an-Nagi
06-21-2006, 07:20 AM
wash your face with zam-zam water?!hehehe..it works for me. and i am still doin it. not enough medical explanation behind that. it's the belief.:giggling:

Lina
06-21-2006, 12:57 PM

Sanaa',

you're right, what people most likely do is start washing their face like mad and using agressive products which only damage the skin and makes the skin even more sensitive.

I would suggest seeing a dermatologist but I can tell you, it's pretty pricy when only one consult sets you back 40/50 bucks.

As a Muslim, my face is being cleansed 5 times a day Alhamdulilah. (by wu'du)

So, as it is obvious; stick with your wu'du and take vitamine C (Fruit, potatous, vegetables)

Also; chips, chocolate etc. has nothing to do with the your acne but to be sure try to keep a list of the things you eat and if a certain type of food has a reaction on your skin you can start avoiding that type of food.

Keep healthy and keep up the wu'du without all the mumbo jumbo that will only effect your wallet. Use the products Allah subhana wa ta'la has given us; fruit, vegetables and what not Insha'Allah.

06-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Have u tried using aloe vera - u just rub the jel and rub it on ur face and it's supposed to help a lot.:)

IceQueen~
06-21-2006, 01:05 PM
just a note-if ur face is too greasy, don't over wash it in the hope of getting rid of grease cos then ur brain thinks ur skin is still too dry and causes ur glands to secrete even more grease...

Mawaddah
06-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Guess what!! : You ARE what you EAT.
All of this acne and stuff is most probably caused because you are taking the wrong type of foods. Beleive me I went thru allllllllllllll this stuff, And I found out that it's just because I was taking the wrong foods. Stop on sweets (Yes even chocolate!!) Greasy foods, Drink Plenty of water!!! No fizzy drinks, No pepper or any hot foods.......The list is so long believe me but in short you just have to take natural stuff.
And I would advise you not to put all these chemicals on your face, natural such as Aloe vera works better. And you can make lots of homemade natural masks insha'allah.

Good luck :)

IceQueen~
06-21-2006, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
And I would advise you not to put all these chemicals on your face, natural such as Aloe vera works better. And you can make lots of homemade natural masks insha'allah.

Good luck :)
i agree-ur face is very sensitive and it doesn'y need harsh chemicals.
some creams have something in them which makes ur skin 'addicted' to them.
which means that they only work while u use em and when u stop ur skin gets worse..

Mawaddah
06-21-2006, 02:09 PM
^ true true sis.....and I can bear witness to that because I've tried almost every face product on the market :D but now Ive quit all that and turned to natural and my face is healing amazingly masha'allah :)

Ayesha Rana
06-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Aloe vera is the best solution sis. You can even get your own plant. They are sooo easy to look after. Alla you have to do is not water 'em. It's a desert plant so every 2 weeks will do.

sweetbanana86
06-21-2006, 09:49 PM
you should use a wash, toner, exfoliate face, and water is good, but you must be patience is takes 30 days for new skin cells to devlop

Pk_#2
06-21-2006, 11:04 PM
You should make dua....and it will go away in a matter of days inshaAllah :)

Taqiyah
06-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

if its oily u gotta keep washing it,

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Acne is not caused by dirt! overwashing your face or body (more than 2–3 times per day) will not make your acne it better. In fact, too much washing or overuse of harsh scrubs and “pore strips” can actually strip the skin of the oil it needs to stay soft and pliable. In fact, overwashing may stimulate your skin to create more oil, there by worsening the problem.

Believe me I learned this the hard way. I used to have pretty bad acne...but after I have been told this by my Pediatrition I kinda saw the light. I use this cream called "Tritinoin" it works pretty good.but it did burn the first time I used it. Don't worry It is worth it.!
Most of my acne was on my forehead coz I cover that part of my face with my Hijab and the doctor told me not to cover my forehead coz it worsens the problem...but anyway I did. Now that I use this cream it does'nt matter if I cover it or not.:) :sister:

syilla
06-22-2006, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

A-leaves a scar
B- can spread
because of your advise... i try to do it last night...while i'm cooking hehe.

i put it on less than half an hour....wow it works wonder. It tightens my pore...and my skin feel much smoother. I want to try to do it everyday...and lets see what will happen.

muzna
06-22-2006, 03:31 AM
i use retin A on the pimples to dry them out. retin and tretinoin products usually work

piXie
06-22-2006, 11:49 AM

want to get clear skin in a week or less ?

heres some tips: :sister:

wake up early in th morning and drink loads of water.
then wait for th water to go down ( take a 20/30min walk outside in th fresh air)

and then hav an apple. (and if u want u can hav an orange after that as th vitamin c in the orange helps absorb the iron.)

the water will wash ur system out.
and th apple will get rid of th bad toxins in ur body.

believ me it works. saw it happen to my sister whos skin was very unclear. she did this and straight away it made a difference to her skin. her skin not only became clear but it shone healthy.

ofcourse if somone has scars then they can take time to dissapear ( for marks/scars u can use wheatgerm oil >>>mind u tht thing stinks:p)

also u can have cooling things like cucumber and semi skimmed/whole milk.
and stay away from too many warming foods e.g fish, eggs, meat, dates ( remember too many...not entirely>>or ur hair will start fallin :p)

avoid th use of chemical creams especially if uv got sensitive skin e.g. like clearsil.
they can harm ur skin and besides, they cost too much money.

ps. if this doesnt work than u got my permission to sue me:p

BEST OF LUCK :okay:

n.b. this is for teenage acne/pimples/spots. if u got unclear skin for some other reason then u need to see a nutritionist or ur GP.

Al-Zaara
06-22-2006, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'isha

ps. if this doesnt work than u got my permission to sue me:p

I hope you got a good lawyer... ;D

Nah, sis, I will try your tip! :happy:
JazakAllah khair! :thankyou:

06-22-2006, 01:27 PM
^Good tips sis A'isha very useful indeed! :sister:

Ayesha Rana
06-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Yes i agree and i wish you all a happy new skin!

piXie
06-22-2006, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aafreen
I hope you got a good lawyer... ;D

:haha:

maybe...maybe not...;)

Pk_#2
06-22-2006, 10:35 PM
I'LL BACK YOU UP ;)

>> Aishys lawyer :) meee lol

IceQueen~
06-23-2006, 12:34 PM
nah-everyone knows me is the best when it comes to arguing..te he-aish-critical thinking helps in stuff like that..

Ayesha Rana
06-23-2006, 12:41 PM
And I'm on the opposite side to Aishas so tough guys.

IceQueen~
06-23-2006, 12:49 PM
right everyone -get back on topic!
tee hee-wanted to see what that sounded like..
anyway, i heard that sunshine is good for acne-not too much though...

Mawaddah
06-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Oh and I forgot, Beach/Ocean/ water is wonderful for acne and cleansing the face too ;) everytime after I finish swimming it feels really good and clean masha'allah.

learningislam
06-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Assalamualaikum......

regarding acne.........i have got to say this thing........

if you have got long nails...., even if you keep them clean, still they are not clean(ask a microbiologist)....there are microbes......so clip ur nails in time ....this will really help inshaAllah

plus ...one thing more......dont bother your self with acne.....its ok
i mean.....just dont keep looking at your pimples every time you llok at the mirror. This will help too

Pk_#2
06-24-2006, 04:18 PM
lol

Remove the dangerous object...

the mirror!!

dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun...

hehe :D

Am so shilly sometimes...

got no acne...u know y ...nah duno eiva..

Allah dint will it :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.