/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did You Knooooow !!!

abdul Majid
02-12-2006, 04:53 AM
If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look something like the following:

There would be:
57 Asians
21 Europeans
14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south
8 Africans

52 would be female
48 would be male

70 would be non-white
30 would be white

70 would be non-Christian
30 would be Christian

89 would be heterosexual
11 would be homosexual

6 people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth and All 6 would be from the United States.

80 would live in substandard housing
70 would be unable to read
50 would suffer from malnutrition
1 would be near death; 1 would be near birth
1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education
1 would own a computer

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly apparent.

The following is also something to ponder...
If you woke up this morning with more health than illness... you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation... you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death... you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep... you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If your parents are still alive and still married .. you are very rare, even in the United States and Canada.

If you can read this message, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nabal12
02-12-2006, 05:04 AM
Thats an amazing post brother. Very good insight to how our world is. 11/100 people being homosexual is so odd in my opinion. Can anyone remember back to when it was 0/100 homosexuals in the world?

6 people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth and All 6 would be from the United States.
Wow.

din
02-12-2006, 05:14 AM
good post. quite an eye opener:muddlehea

partysoverkids
02-12-2006, 05:18 AM
That's pretty cool. I love statistics. What I thought was odd was the part were all the rich were American. You'd think at least one would be from somewhere else. The gay part I already knew. I've always heard that 10% of the population was gay. Nice post.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
absurd_mind
02-12-2006, 08:46 PM
maSh Allah bro
it realy tells us how much blessed we r
Alhumdulilah taking this into account we have wealth , health , litracy , shelter ..
thanks to Almighty Allah

Noor
02-12-2006, 10:53 PM
:sl:

Only 8 Africans?!?!?!!!

Agent: 109274658392
Destination: Africa Mission:Procreate

Mainul_Islam
02-13-2006, 12:18 AM
i read this a long time ago but i lost it... and i wanted to share it with people

its really a great comparison

jazakallah for the post

HeiGou
02-13-2006, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by absurd_mind
maSh Allah bro
it realy tells us how much blessed we r
Alhumdulilah taking this into account we have wealth , health , litracy , shelter ..
thanks to Almighty Allah
No doubt if I were religious and Muslim I might agree with you. But as I am not, might I suggest that the hard work, dedication, labor and savings of hundreds of generations of kafirs before you might have had something to do with all that wealth, health, literacy, shelter and so on?

After all I don't know where you live, but if you look around I think you will find examples of institutions built by long-dead non-Muslims to make the world a better place.

I know, gratitude is too much but a little credit once in a while might be nice

Noor
02-13-2006, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
After all I don't know where you live, but if you look around I think you will find examples of institutions built by long-dead non-Muslims to make the world a better place.
I know, gratitude is too much but a little credit once in a while might be nice
All praise is for Allah who gave those non-Muslims the will and might to construct such institutions and so forth.

abdul Majid
02-13-2006, 12:38 AM
well since were on that heigou.......didyou happen to forget that muslims invented algebra, and the zero??? wich in math without zero it makes no sense...the roman said we dont want a numbering system with a nuthing...lolol
its true... we also developed alot of things that 'non-muslims' use today, including medicine and such>>>

Nabal12
02-13-2006, 01:04 AM
And there had to have been someone that gave the "non-muslims" their brains in order to function and know how to create anything modern. We believe allah did that, you can choose not to.

HeiGou
02-13-2006, 10:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor
All praise is for Allah who gave those non-Muslims the will and might to construct such institutions and so forth.
I can ask for no more!

Malaikah
02-13-2006, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabal12
Can anyone remember back to when it was 0/100 homosexuals in the world?
:sl: yep i can.. back when i was a little kid and didnt even know that such a disgusting concept even existed.

partysoverkids
02-14-2006, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
well since were on that heigou.......didyou happen to forget that muslims invented algebra, and the zero??? wich in math without zero it makes no sense...the roman said we dont want a numbering system with a nuthing...lolol
its true... we also developed alot of things that 'non-muslims' use today, including medicine and such>>>

I thought the Mayans invented the zero long before.

Ru'ya
02-14-2006, 05:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabal12
Thats an amazing post brother. Very good insight to how our world is. 11/100 people being homosexual is so odd in my opinion. Can anyone remember back to when it was 0/100 homosexuals in the world?

Wow.
yeah mashaAllah ! very amazing!

:heated: 11/100 homo.........ewwwww:vomit:

abdul Majid
03-19-2006, 10:27 PM
lol

Maimunah
03-19-2006, 10:33 PM
good post bro:)

HAAYA
03-19-2006, 10:45 PM
fantastic, in this ever so materialistic world we forget how trully blessed we r ...even if it is just momentarily...thanks for the insight!

abdul Majid
03-19-2006, 10:47 PM
:happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!