/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalaamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters

mahuruf
02-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum.

Al Hamdulillah, it’s my pleasure to be a member of “LI Islamic Forum”. I accidentally landed hear and decided to stay over here as long as the community accepts me. I was an atheist until early thirties. When I understood that there is emptiness in my life, started to look for truth and hunting for people who could enlighten me.

Once again, I am hunting for information, not to disprove the truth, but to fill the thirty years of vacuum. One of the blessings of last Ramadan was a gift from my family friend living in Saudi, “The Hereafter” a set of audio CDs by Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki. This excellent lecture by this eminent scholar increased my thirst and dragged me around the world by browsing all most every Islamic Sites, looking for “The Life of Prophet Muhammad (saw)”, another most popular lecture series by him. On my tour the Al Mighty guided me to enter the LI Islamic Forum to meet you all with salams.

I live in a tiny, beautiful, but conflict driven island called Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka hit the international headlines in the recent past for its two decades of civil war and the 2004 December tsunami. I am married and having two children. Working for an International Development Agency - socially and economically excluded communities are my priorities, in addition supporting the peace initiatives of different communities. Job is very interesting, lot of traveling, some times tiring.

My hobby is surfing the net for quality video and audio lectures and distributing them to Muslim brothers and sisters.

Sorry for writing a long introduction and hope I’m not boring every one.

Before ending this post “It is in remembrance of Allah that the heart finds rest” Quran: 13:28

May Allah’s Peace and Blessings be up on us all.

Mahuruf

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Mischa~
02-12-2006, 05:42 PM
salaam brother,

nice intro.

welcome to Islam. May Allah keep you grounded in this wounderful deen.

look fwd to reading ur posts,

wa'salaam.

mahuruf
02-13-2006, 04:25 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Br. Zak

Thanks for the warm welcome.

"Enter not houses other than your own, until ye have asked permission and saluted those in them: that is best for you, in order that ye may heed (what is seemly). If ye find no one in the house, enter not until permission is given to you: if ye are asked to go back, go back: that makes for greater purity for yourselves." (24:27-28)

JazzakAllahkher

mahuruf
02-13-2006, 04:31 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Sr. Mischa

Thanks for the nice words and warm welcome.

I'll try to find some time to post info.

"Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious." (16:125)

JazzakAllahkher

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Issa
02-13-2006, 04:43 AM
As-salamu Alaykum,

Welcome to the forum, brother!

nurul3eyn
02-13-2006, 05:01 AM
:sl:
welcome to the forum bro :sister:
:w:

mahuruf
02-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Wa-Alaykum Salam,

Thank you very much Sisters (Issa and Nurul3eyn) for welcoming.

sapphire
02-13-2006, 12:45 PM
welcome to the forum!!!hope you have an enjoyable and benefitial stay!!!!cool intro :thumbs_up

afriend2
02-13-2006, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahuruf

Before ending this post “It is in remembrance of Allah that the heart finds rest” Quran: 13:28

May Allah’s Peace and Blessings be up on us all.
salaam brother!
ameen thumma ameen :)

welcome to LI and have a benefitial and wondeful time here, i look forward in reading the many more posts to come, inshAllah! :happy:

wassalam

mahuruf
02-13-2006, 01:42 PM
For the benefit of others I repost it

Satan’s Convention

Satan called a worldwide convention of demons. In his opening address he said,

"We can't keep Muslims from going to Mosque."
"We can't keep them from reading their Quran and knowing the truth."
"We can't even keep them from forming an intimate relationship with their Allah and his messenger Muhammad."

"Once they gain that connection with Allah, our power over them is broken."
"So let them go to their Mosques; let them have their covered dish dinners, BUT steal their time, so they don't have time to develop a relationship with Allah and his Messenger Muhammad."

"This is what I want you to do," said the devil:
"Distract them from gaining hold of their Allah and maintaining that vital connection throughout their day!"
"How shall we do this?" his demons shouted.
"Keep them busy in the non-essentials of life and invent innumerable schemes to occupy their minds," he answered.

"Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, and borrow, borrow, borrow."
"Persuade the wives to go to work for long hours and the husbands to work 6-7 days each week, 10-12 hours a day, so they can afford their empty lifestyles."
"Keep them from spending time with their children."
"As their families fragment, soon, their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work!"
"Over-stimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still, small voice."
"Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive."
"To keep the TV, VCR, CDs and their PCs going constantly in their home and see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays music constantly."

"This will jam their minds and break that union with Allah and his messenger Muhammad."
"Fill the coffee tables with magazines and newspapers."
"Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day."
"Invade their driving moments with billboards."
"Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, mail order catalogues, sweepstakes, and every kind of newsletter and promotional offering free products, services and false hopes."
"Keep skinny, beautiful models on the magazines and TV so their husbands will believe that outward beauty is what's important, and they'll become dissatisfied with their wives. "
"Keep the wives too tired to love their husbands at night."
Give them headaches too!
"If they don't give their husbands the love they need, they will begin to look elsewhere."
"That will fragment their families quickly!"
"Give them story books to distract them from teaching their children the real meaning of Salaat."
"Keep them too busy to go out in nature and reflect on Allah's creation.
Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, plays, concerts, and movies instead. "Keep them busy, busy, busy!"
"And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk so that they leave with troubled consciences."
"Crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power from Allah." "Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing their health and family for the good of the cause."
"It will work!" "It will work!"
It was quite a plan!

The demons went eagerly to their assignments causing Muslims everywhere to get busier and more rushed, going here and there, having little time for their Allah or their families. No time to tell others about the power of Allah and his messenger Muhammad (SAW) to change the lives style. Guess what the question is, has the devil been successful in his schemes?

You be the judge!!!!!

Does "BUSY" mean?
B-eing
U-nder
S-atan's
Y-oke?

MetSudaisTwice
02-13-2006, 01:53 PM
salam
welcome to the forums bro
wasalam

DaSangarTalib
02-13-2006, 01:59 PM
welcome to the forum brotha Insha'Allah you'll have a benficial stay here and Jazka'Allah Kahir fo the info :)

The Ruler
02-13-2006, 07:01 PM
:sl: :brother:

welcom to da forum....hope u v a beneficial stay ere :) :)

lookin 4wrd to ur posts :)

hidaayah
02-14-2006, 02:04 AM
:sl: and welcum ..hope u have a beneficial stay..

mahuruf
02-14-2006, 06:15 AM
Thank you sisiter "HusbUn Allah". Looking forward to it

"Those saved from the covetousness of their own souls, they are the ones that achieve prosperity." (59:9)

Rabi'ya
02-14-2006, 11:22 AM
:sl: brother

welcome

Rabi'ya:rose:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.