/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm X

Jeness18
02-13-2006, 12:19 AM
I have a research paper to do on one person for Black History Month. I chose to do Malcolm X because I know nothing about him. I want to know more about him. Can you guys help? I know he took a pilgrimage to Mecca and that he was a Muslim. Tell me all that you know of him...what you liked and didn't like.

Thank you!

:okay:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdul Majid
02-13-2006, 12:30 AM
LOL I LOVE THIS GUY...LOL

http://www.malcolm-x.org/index.html

Selising
02-13-2006, 04:29 AM
if I'm not mistaken, there is a film about him

Muezzin
02-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Yep, there is a film about him, directed by Spike Lee if I recall correctly.

Also, be sure to read 'The Autobiography of Malcolm X' - not only will it help a great deal with the research paper, it's also one of the greatest books ever published.

In my humble opinion of course. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
02-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Yea Be sure to read the Authobiography, I read it as a non-muslim and it kinda brought me towards islam, it is very touching and unlike other key persons like Ghandi and Martin Luther King, the story of malcolm x can be related to by many youth.

his life was great, also if you are doing this from an islamic point, you might want to see what Khalid yaseen says about Malcom X, I havent heard what he says but he met him and they spoke i think so it would be nice to know.

his journey was from complete darkness to a fake light to the light of ISlaam.

very passionate story.

Asalam Walekum

ummAbdillah
02-14-2006, 04:56 PM

manshallah he was a great man, may allah s.w. take him to paradise
ameen :amin:

http://www.malcolm-x.org/

Umar001
02-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Ameen, just out [of] curiosity, you do know that isnt him on the cover lol

edit had to put [of]

Muezzin
02-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah, that's DenZEL. :p

One of my mates reckons he looks like Denzel Washington. I think he's more like Denzel off Only Fools and Horses.

Jeness18
02-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Yeah, Denzel and him have similar features like their eyes, but their noses and mouths are different... haha i actually have the time to look at both of them...and compare...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.