/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to burn dvd

hasib
02-13-2006, 01:47 AM
:sl:

I want to burn a movie onto dvd so i can playback on my player to the tv..

how do i do this ?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mahdisoldier19
02-13-2006, 01:49 AM
Assalam alaikam

Download nero bro.

hasib
02-13-2006, 01:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
Assalam alaikam

Download nero bro.
and ?

mahdisoldier19
02-13-2006, 02:02 AM
And from downloading nero you burn your dvd bro LOL

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hasib
02-13-2006, 02:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
And from downloading nero you burn your dvd bro LOL
i do know how to burn a dvd akhi but the question is how to do it for a stand alone dvd player attached to a tv.. not my computer :)

mahdisoldier19
02-13-2006, 02:40 AM
I know Burn it using nero lol

jzcasejz
02-13-2006, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hasib
i do know how to burn a dvd akhi but the question is how to do it for a stand alone dvd player attached to a tv.. not my computer :)

The DVD only works on your PC, not your DVD player??? Kinda confused here :giggling:

Salaam
02-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Salaam,

probably your DVD player is not multi region.

Give me the name of your DVD player and the Model, so i will give you the unlocking code for it.

hasib
02-13-2006, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
Give me the name of your DVD player and the Model, so i will give you the unlocking code for it.
plz read the original question :okay: !!

I asked how to burn a dvd to playback in a stand alone dvd player not a computer!

Btw i have nero 7.0.. now what do i do?

Salaam
02-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Salaam,

Like i said your DVD player might not be compatible for coped DVD's, so you have to unlock it, give me the DVD player details (try it out)...

Kittygyal
02-13-2006, 05:32 PM
mmmmmmmmmm very intresting ppl but keep it real :)

hasib
02-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Salaam,

Like i said your DVD player might not be compatible for coped DVD's, so you have to unlock it, give me the DVD player details (try it out)...
dear brother in islam,

let us ignore the physical dvd player for now.

i have a .avi file on my hard drive right now.. i want to burn this onto dvd so my dvd player can playback.

i tried using the windows xp burning program and copied the file onto the dvd disk but the stand alone player didnt play it.

i was told we have to convert the .avi file to some format and then burn.. this is in essense my question.. as to what do i have to do ?? i.e. what software is needed etc..

jzcasejz
02-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Oh now you tell us it's an AVI :giggling: We was thinking you had an ISO ;D gettin too technical ain't I :okay:

Well you will have to convert it to and mpeg2 file then burn it as a DVD - which takes long. I don't have the software now but will post it ASAP bro :happy:

hasib
02-13-2006, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
We was thinking you had an ISO ;D gettin too technical ain't I
i can use WinISo to convert this file to ISO right??

Well you will have to convert it to and mpeg2 file then burn it as a DVD - which takes long
nero??

jzcasejz
02-13-2006, 07:19 PM
i can use WinISo to convert this file to ISO right??

nero??

No, ISO file is basically an actual copy of the actual DVD disc stored on your hard drive drive as one file. You can only convert original DVD discs to ISO files, not AVI.

I think Nero has a converter for AVI --> MPEG2, i'm not exactly sure. If not, you will need some software for the conversion and btw, the process for converting AVI to MPEG2 takes looooong ;D I hope I am making sense to you bro :statisfie

hasib
02-13-2006, 07:26 PM

I have Nero 7.. how do work it ??

jzcasejz
02-13-2006, 07:33 PM

I have Nero 7.. how do work it ??

I haven't ever used Nero 7 but i'll try my hardest. Well theres an option in Nero where you can select whether you want to create a CD/DVD, select DVD. Then you have the option of Data DVD, Video DVD etc. Select Video DVD. And then drag your AVI file into the filelist and then try to burn it. 'When draggin your AVI file into the filelist you might have the option of converting the AVI to MPEG2 at that point, not exactly sure.....

These instructions are something I just thought of and not sure if they'd even work so sorry if it dont bro :rollseyes

hasib
02-13-2006, 07:34 PM

oh come on i don wana waste a dvd disk trying to find out :D..

jzcasejz
02-13-2006, 07:37 PM

oh come on i don wana waste a dvd disk trying to find out :D..

Sacrifices have to be made in life ;D Try DVDRW and anyways.....who said my instructions will work in the first place, it was just a suggestion :happy:

hasib
02-13-2006, 07:39 PM

lol if ur not sure then why are you replying :D..

jzcasejz
02-13-2006, 07:43 PM

lol if ur not sure then why are you replying :D..

Trying to be a little helpful and this is what I get :ooh:
It was a suggestion bro :-\ better than nothing :happy: ;D :giggling:

hasib
02-13-2006, 07:45 PM

JazakAllah khair :)

Salaam
02-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Salaam,

Sorry about before, i have nero express 6

- go to nero and chose Video pictures then miniDVD
-
then press add, and chose the video you want to copy
-press next, chose a name for the disc if you want
-Press burn...

i hope this helps...

jzcasejz
02-14-2006, 11:39 AM
-then press add, and chose the video you want to copy
But do they allow you to add AVI files because when I used Nero 6, mini DVD only accepted VOB files and some other files but no AVI files :?

Salaam
02-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Salaam,

I don't have any video file to test it, but it accepts bup, vob, ifo file...

jzcasejz
02-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Salaam,

I don't have any video file to test it, but it accepts bup, vob, ifo file...

Exactly, the bro who originally asked (Hasib I think) said that his source content was AVI file, not VOB/BUP/IFO.

Salaam
02-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Salaam,

Then I will recommend the brother to use Roxio, I heard its the best dvd copy software around, I used it before and it is good, currently in's not installed...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.