/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim women’s status far better than women in the West

sonz
02-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Addressing women at the inaugural session of the organisation's first woman conference on Saturday, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind chief Dr. Mohammed Abdul Haq Ansari called on Muslim women all over the world not to confine themselves to family affairs. He urged women to go out to the public, and participate in social and political activities while remaining in the veil, the Islamic headscarf.

Preparing a cup of tea was not the only job of women in the changing world, Dr. Ansari said, adding that "women should play an important role in development of the society," he said.

The noble religion of Islam provided more sops to women than men, he stressed. Dr. Ansari moreover, condemned the abuse of liberty by women in Western countries. Women’s liberty doesn't mean spending time in pubs and night clubs and ignore the Hijab.

"In the name of liberty, women are being sexually exploited and misused for promotion of brands. But reality is that dogs are given better treatment than women in the western countries," Dr. Ansari said.

Many Qur’an ayahs tackle the issue of respect for women and women’s rights. Also in many ahâdîth, Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him urges Muslims to take care and giver great respect to women.

Before Islam, baby girls were buried alive simply because they were female.

Also in the pre-Islamic, women were reduced to mere bearers and carriers of offspring, having no rights, not even to the exclusive love and devotion.

Non- Muslims in the West have continuously claimed that Islam promotes degrading ideas about women as well as the ill-treatment of women. Contrary to such widespread misconception, Islam is the only religious doctrine that denies the concept of woman as evil seductress, responsible for the original sin and fall of mankind.

It’s the Islamic religion that rejected the idea that women in menses are "unclean" and defiled, or a source of bad luck.

Islam grants women rights of inheritance, the right to choice in marriage, and the right to full discretion in the disposal of her personal assets.

Source: Times of India- Muslim Media

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
partysoverkids
02-14-2006, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
[B]
" But reality is that dogs are given better treatment than women in the western countries," Dr. Ansari said.

My dog is a little spoiled, he loves KFC. But my wife gets to eat her chicken at the table while he has to eat his on the floor. We'll call it a draw.

Anette
02-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Mohammed Abdul Haq Ansari called on Muslim women all over the world not to confine themselves to family affairs. He urged women to go out to the public, and participate in social and political activities while remaining in the veil, the Islamic headscarf.
I think this is a very important issue. I think Mohammad Abdul Haq Ansari has absolutly right. I do not look at a Muslim woman and think "poor depressed woman, not even allowed to show her hair". You have very capably women who could do much good in the world both in society and in political activities.

Preparing a cup of tea was not the only job of women in the changing world, Dr. Ansari said, adding that "women should play an important role in development of the society," he said.
I agree. We really need Muslim woman in society, especially in segregated areas if we want to live in peace with each other.

I will tell you why I think it is very important.

If mothers united and talked to each other and made our youth knowing that we do not approve either with misbehaving or with racism by giving good examples the problems would be far from what it is right now.

Dr. Ansari moreover, condemned the abuse of liberty by women in Western countries. Women’s liberty doesn't mean spending time in pubs and night clubs and ignore the Hijab.

"In the name of liberty, women are being sexually exploited and misused for promotion of brands. But reality is that dogs are given better treatment than women in the western countries," Dr. Ansari said.
Not all of us spending time in pubs and night clubs :giggling: But I sure think that the sexually exploited part is true. But most of us have a far better status then our dogs. :)

Many Qur’an ayahs tackle the issue of respect for women and women’s rights. Also in many ahâdîth, Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him urges Muslims to take care and giver great respect to women.

The Muslims girls in schools in our country for example is very hard working, never misbehaving, good students and give good examples. They are worth every bit of respect.

Before Islam, baby girls were buried alive simply because they were female.
I'm sorry to say but there are regarding to the statistic 1 000 000 girls "missing" in the world right now also. It should not be that baby girls are not worth as much as baby boys. Children are not for us to "create" by genetic manipulations and so on they are given to us by God.

Also in the pre-Islamic, women were reduced to mere bearers and carriers of offspring, having no rights, not even to the exclusive love and devotion..
I do not know about the love and devotion part. Most people seams to love their children and there is nothing that says they did not do it before either. The gangsters that at that time plundered the Middle East learned from Muslims to threat their women better. At that time western woman did not even have any inherit rights and so on...

Non- Muslims in the West have continuously claimed that Islam promotes degrading ideas about women as well as the ill-treatment of women. Contrary to such widespread misconception, Islam is the only religious doctrine that denies the concept of woman as evil seductress, responsible for the original sin and fall of mankind.

It’s the Islamic religion that rejected the idea that women in menses are "unclean" and defiled, or a source of bad luck.

Islam grants women rights of inheritance, the right to choice in marriage, and the right to full discretion in the disposal of her personal assets.
Not all people in west claiming that Islam promotes degrading ideas about woman as well as the ill-treatment of woman.

I think it is a very important question. You do have some great examples of good women from whom we all can learn a lot and together solve problems that otherwise probably will escalate.

HeiGou
02-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Addressing women at the inaugural session of the organisation's first woman conference on Saturday, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind chief Dr. Mohammed Abdul Haq Ansari called on Muslim women all over the world not to confine themselves to family affairs. He urged women to go out to the public, and participate in social and political activities while remaining in the veil, the Islamic headscarf.

The noble religion of Islam provided more sops to women than men, he stressed. Dr. Ansari moreover, condemned the abuse of liberty by women in Western countries. Women’s liberty doesn't mean spending time in pubs and night clubs and ignore the Hijab.

Let's put aside Dr Ansari's odd view of what liberty means, I wonder why the good Doctor thinks women need to do more than make cups of tea. Where would he be getting this idea from? As far as I know, and I would be happy to be corrected, the view that it is a good thing for women to go out into the world is a new, and dare I say Western, idea in the Islamic world. At best the evidence I have seen suggests most Muslims still only give a grudging acceptance of the idea that women can go out into the work place. Is there any pre-modern Islamic scholar who thought it was a good thing for women to go out in the world, hijab or not? It is noticeable that Western women struggled for their rights. Died for their rights. And have not voted to end those rights. They seem to appreciate them a lot. They are hardly queuing to immigrate to Muslim countries.

Also in the pre-Islamic, women were reduced to mere bearers and carriers of offspring, having no rights, not even to the exclusive love and devotion.
This is hardly a fair description of Khadija who had a real career before Islam. No rights, not even to the exclusive love and devotion of whom I wonder? Their husbands perhaps? What an odd claim. Do post-Islamic women have a right to the exclusive love and devotion of their husbands?

Apart from 90 percent of the world's religions which are not in the Jewish or Christian or Islamic tradition of course. Buddhism does not think so for instance.

As Christianity did before them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.