/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How was your Islamic education??

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-13-2006, 02:17 PM
How was your Islamic education??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just speaking to a friend about how he was taught about Islam and it seemed as if my education wasn't at all very good compared to his. Basically I used to go down to the local mosque for about a hour (if that) and used to learn the Qu'ran and recite it to the mosque leader and thats all I did. I was taught how to perform salah and manners in Islam at home and bits and bobs of the prophets (peace be upon them) lives and alot I had to learn for myself (long way to go yet).

So how about you?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibrar
02-13-2006, 02:33 PM
I learned the same way as you did.
I read lots of books as well.

Nawal89
02-13-2006, 02:35 PM
I studied in yemen from since i was young..my parents took me there, and i studied there for 5 years. MashaAllah i did manage to learn a bit alhamdulillah. I plan on going back there inshaAllah to continue my studies.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-13-2006, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
I studied in yemen from since i was young..my parents took me there, and i studied there for 5 years. MashaAllah i did manage to learn a bit alhamdulillah. I plan on going back there inshaAllah to continue my studies.
Mash'Allah, Im guessing there is really good education in Yemen?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nawal89
02-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Yep. I really loved it. But living there is tough though.

Re.TiReD
02-13-2006, 04:15 PM
:sl: i went to an islamic high skool n now onto islamic environment college..also did the usual 2 hours in mosque like most ppl!! :sister:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-13-2006, 04:18 PM
it seems some people have been doing pretty well, i wish i did the same. :(

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-13-2006, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
Yep. I really loved it. But living there is tough though.
why? :?

Snowflake
02-13-2006, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
it seems some people have been doing pretty well, i wish i did the same. :(
Don't feel sad bro. There's nothing stopping you now. So better late than never inshaAllah. A lot of people are in the same boat. That's why I started that thread for information I can put towards making leaflets and bringing this matter to the attentions of parents.

I wanna know too :?

Nawal89
02-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Well..I dont think it was the enviroment that made it so hard.. it was the people. They are so prejudice against foreighners. But if you really have good intention and just ignore them, you really can learn alot mashaAllah.

Snowflake
02-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Oh really? :ooh:

I wish at least muslims weren't prejudiced against each other. That's very sad.

jzcasejz
02-13-2006, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed
Oh really? :ooh:

I wish at least muslims weren't prejudiced against each other. That's very sad.
:sl:
Shockingly sad indeed :ooh:

Anyways, after I came from Saudi, I felt like I didn't know enough aswell but the books and internet helped alot. Forums like these are really good aswell :happy:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-13-2006, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed
Don't feel sad bro. There's nothing stopping you now. So better late than never inshaAllah. A lot of people are in the same boat. That's why I started that thread for information I can put towards making leaflets and bringing this matter to the attentions of parents.
true but i have wasted that time, I could have been some scholar now lol. No but seriously I try to learn but its diffrent when your older but saying that it doesnt mean it is impossible just abit more of a challenge.

Snowflake
02-13-2006, 05:03 PM
nevermind bro. The more you struggle the more rewards there are for it inshaAllah

Kittygyal
02-13-2006, 05:04 PM
may a ask wot yemen means plz :(

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-13-2006, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
Arab country, not to far away from saudi arabia.

Nawal89
02-13-2006, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
it's a country in the middle east.. right at the bottom of saudi arabia.

Nawal89
02-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Oh i see bro Dangerous minds already ansewered first. lol. i guess we posted a the same time.

Kittygyal
02-13-2006, 05:12 PM
thanks ever so much sis u may knw that i've converted so i dn't knw that much ov izlam :(

Snowflake
02-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Good job I was on another thread then :happy:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-20-2006, 01:22 AM
so what about the rest of the bros n sisters????

nurul3eyn
02-20-2006, 01:37 AM
well i learn the quran from the local madarrasa in my area,,i still go every weekdays 2hours yay! i have learnt alot alhamdullillah,,,I read books from the islamic library as well so i'm still learning about the religion :D:D:D:D:D
:w:

Issa
02-20-2006, 01:47 AM
Salaamz All,

I am new to Islam (9months since shahada). I go to the masjid on sundays for 45 minutes for a new muslim class. There is also a Quran class that is an hour long right after (although sometimes I feel the class is to advanced for me). I am a student in college and find it very hard to study so many things at once but, insha Allah, it will all come together.

ISLAMGYAL, Yemen is a country. (not a city, right? if I am wrong someone please correct me, lol!)

nurul3eyn
02-20-2006, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Issa
Salaamz All,

I am new to Islam (9months since shahada).
wa aleikum salam
masha'allah sis congrats :)

shorouk
02-20-2006, 01:54 AM
yemen is one of the arabic countries...
loool
also nawal89 i have lots of yemeni friends they say its diff then any arabic country and esp america... i htink cuz its poor
inshlalah rebna yewafa2hum:D
i learned from y parents school and net...

shariq_0189
02-20-2006, 02:56 AM
Alhumdullilah May Allah Increase All of You in Knowledge.

I mostly learned my deen in madressahs i go now for 2 hours everyday. im 16 rite now...but soon im startin my Alim studies ( plz make dua bro and sis ) Inshallah i will teach to younger kids when im older. Islamic education is very important in the west. Walykumsalam

Issa
02-20-2006, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurul3eyn
wa aleikum salam
masha'allah sis congrats :)

Thank you sis:sister:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-20-2006, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shariq_0189
Alhumdullilah May Allah Increase All of You in Knowledge.

I mostly learned my deen in madressahs i go now for 2 hours everyday. im 16 rite now...but soon im startin my Alim studies ( plz make dua bro and sis ) Inshallah i will teach to younger kids when im older. Islamic education is very important in the west. Walykumsalam
Masha'Allah thats great to hear, may Allah swt make you succeed in your Islamic education.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.