/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Price of Iman!!!!

isk
02-13-2006, 07:29 PM
BISMILLAH IREHMAN NIRAHIM
Assalamualikum,

THE PRICE OF IMAAN

Several years ago an imaam moved to London. He often took the bus from his home to the downtown area. Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to ride the same bus. When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him twenty pence too much change. As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, 'you better give the twenty pence back. It would be wrong to keep it'.

Then he thought, 'oh forget it, it's only twenty pence. Who would worry about this little amount? Anyway, the bus company already gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a gift from Almighty Allah and keep quiet'.

When his stop came, the Imaam paused momentarily at the door, then he handed the twenty pence back to the driver and said:

"Here, you gave me too much change."

The driver with a smile replied:

"Aren't you the new Imaam in this area? I have been thinking lately about going to worship at your mosque. I just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change."

When the Imaam stepped off the bus, his knees became weak and soft. He had to grab the nearest light pole and held for support, and looked up to the heavens and cried:

"Oh Allah, I almost sold Islam for twenty pence!"

Bottom-line: We may never see the impact our actions have on people... Sometimes we are the only knowledge of the Quran someone will read, or the only Islam a non-Muslim will see. What we need to provide, Insha Allah is an example for others to see. Be careful and be honest everyday, because you never know who is watching your actions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hidaayah
02-14-2006, 02:15 AM
:sl:
nice one Mashallah..!! jazakallah khairun

Mawaddah
02-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Beautiful Masha'allah :)

DaSangarTalib
02-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Jazka'Allah khair nice post

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul-Raouf
03-31-2007, 06:13 AM
Several years ago an Imaam moved to London.

He often took the bus from his home to the downtown area. Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to ride
the same bus.
When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him twenty pence too much change. As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, you better give the twenty pence back. It would be wrong to keep it. Then he thought, oh forget it, it's only twenty pence. Who would worry about this little amount?
Anyway, the bus company already gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a gift from Almighty Allah and keep quite.
When his stop came, the Imaam paused momentarily at the door, and then he handed the twenty pence back to the driver and said “Here, you gave me too much
change.

The driver with a smile replied “Aren’t you the new Imaam in this area? I have been thinking lately about going to worship at your mosque.

I just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change." When the Imaam stepped off the bus, his knees became weak and soft. He had to grab
the nearest light pole and held for support, and looked up to the heavens and cried "Oh Allah, I almost sold Islam for twenty pence!"

Remember, we may never see the impact our actions have on people.

Sometimes we are the only knowledge of Quran someone will read, or the only Islam a non-Muslim will see. What we need to provide, Insha Allah is an example for others to see. Be careful and be honest everyday, because you never know who is watching your actions and judging you as a Muslim.

Just remember- Allah
is watching you. If we could get arrested for being a Muslim, would the police have enough evidence to bring us in?

Why is it so hard to tell the truth but yet so easy to tell a lie?

Why we are so sleepy in mosque but right when the prayer is over, we suddenly wake up?

Why is it so hard to talk about Allah
but yet so easy to talk about nasty stuff?

Why is it so boring to look at an Islamic Article but yet so easy to look at a nasty one?

Why is it so easy to delete a Godly e-mail but yet we forward all of the nasty ones?

Why are the mosques getting smaller, but yet the dance clubs are getting larger?

Do you give up?? Think about it....

Are you going to forward this, or delete it?

Just remember- Allah
is watching you

Prayer Wheel lets see the devil stop this one! Here's what the wheel is all about. When you receive this, say a prayer for the person that sent it to you....

There are no costs, but wonderful rewards....

Let's continue praying for one another.

'Abd al-Baari
03-31-2007, 09:18 AM
:sl:

Mashallah a really nice post, gets you thinking

Jazakallah for sharing :)

SATalha
03-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Excellent post. Yeah it does get u thinking

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.