/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Treatment of women in Islam

Truth_Seeker
02-14-2006, 04:41 PM
I was wondering if i could get answers from a couple of questions regarding status of women in islam

1) How is it that a women can't leave the house without the permission of a mahram. I dunno, iut just seems a bit ackward and unpractical to me, especially in a society like today
Furthermore it kind of inprisons a woman in a house, implying her primary place is in the house

2) Are women allowed to work today in places such as hospitals as doctors even though free mixing is clarly disallowed in shariah
Also can someone provide eveidence from shariah that women used to work after Muhammed SAW became a prophet

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
02-14-2006, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Truth_Seeker
1) How is it that a women can't leave the house without the permission of a mahram. I dunno, iut just seems a bit ackward and unpractical to me, especially in a society like today
Furthermore it kind of inprisons a woman in a house, implying her primary place is in the house
If a Muslim woman intends to work or engage in some other activity outside of home, then if the husband is in agreement and knows where she is and knows she is safe, there is nothing wrong with that.
2) Are women allowed to work today in places such as hospitals as doctors even though free mixing is clarly disallowed in shariah
Not only are the allowed, it is a communal obligation because Muslim women will need other Muslim women as doctors.
Also can someone provide eveidence from shariah that women used to work after Muhammed SAW became a prophet
http://islamicbookstore.com/b7909.html
In the above book, [literally] thousands of Muslim women are listed who were scholars or elders in the community.

Also see:
http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...main_cat_id=17
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.