/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mecca & Qibla Cola

DaSangarTalib
02-14-2006, 08:01 PM
:sl:

10% of all profit goes to charity. By choosing to boycott major brands, consumers are sending a powerful signal - that the exploitation of people cannot continue unchecked. Mecca and Qibla Cola represent the conscious choice of people who reject injustice and exploitation.

To find out more watch the following Insha'Allah (length: 3mins 23 sec):

CLICK HERE

Allahu Akbar!!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
02-14-2006, 08:03 PM
tnx for da info bro :) :)

Z
02-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Salaam.

Yeah yeah, it's all been said before. You really don't know who to believe in this world. Most brands have two or more agendas.

afriend
02-14-2006, 08:35 PM
yes, but they both give me restlessness, not to mention sleeplessness.

I wonder if it was the cola, or the rides at Chessington, cos the last time i went 2 Chessington(theme park) i drank lots of Qibla cola and i cudn't sleep all night.

But when i went another time, i slept perfectly fine when i got back....hmmmmm...

But Allahu alam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
02-14-2006, 09:31 PM
lol bro all colas contain caffiene, which is a stimulant, hence you not being able to sleep.

afriend
02-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Hmmmm....Silly me.....but that effective, but i also used to drink STRONG coffee(it was hard coming off coffee, darn!).......always used 2 sleep fine.........

Snowflake
02-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Ain't that funny. Coffee is suppose to keep you awake but it makes some ppl sleepy. I think cola has more than caffiene bro (not halal ones) I heard Cola Cola containe cocaine. A tiny amount and thats why peeps get hooked on it. I used to gulp down Red Bull but it's stopped having effect on me now :(

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-14-2006, 09:49 PM

It would have been better to give it a different name, one that suggested an Islamic background, but not one with a holy name on it. It just doesnt strike me as good that soda cans having the name "makkah" on them will be crunched up and thrown on the streets amongst the other garbage. I mean it is afterall the name of the Holiest City.

Muezzin
02-14-2006, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed
Ain't that funny. Coffee is suppose to keep you awake but it makes some ppl sleepy.
Not only does it make me sleepy, it also makes me pee-pee.

I think cola has more than caffiene bro (not hala ones) I heard Cola Cola containe cocaine. A tiny amount and thats why peeps get hooked on it.
That's a myth. It may have done back in the day, but not anymore.

I used to gulp down Red Bull but it's stopped having effect on me now :(
I've never tried that as I am afraid of what I would do 'under the influence' of caffeine that strong :p

And I agree with Ahmed and the dodgy names. Why not call it 'Tastee Cola'? That's like Tastee Wheat from the Matrix, except it doesn't taste like runny eggs.

Snowflake
02-14-2006, 09:52 PM
MashaAllah, I like your thinking bro. Good point.

afriend
02-14-2006, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ã…hmed

It would have been better to give it a different name, one that suggested an Islamic background. It just strike we as good that soda cans having the name "makkah" on them will be crunched up and thrown on the streets amongst the other garbage. I mean it is afterall the name of the Holiest City.

true said there brother.........Hmmmm.....how about 'Al-Sharaabul mu'mineen'

meaning 'Drink of the belieber'

Muezzin
02-14-2006, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

Dude, that wouldn't fit on the can! :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-14-2006, 09:56 PM

Good one. But ZamZam water would be more suited for that name wouldnt it? :brother: But i like the name :)

Snowflake
02-14-2006, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I've never tried that as I am afraid of what I would do 'under the influence' of caffeine that strong :p.
Under the influence?:giggling: It aint that strong bro. Just makes you feel wide awake if your feeling a bit low and lazy. I used to swig a can if I had loads of work to do. Give it a try, it works! :happy:

afriend
02-14-2006, 10:04 PM
zamzam, but the thing is ppl might get confused with the real thing......LOL

Muezzin
02-14-2006, 10:07 PM
zamzam, but the thing is ppl might get confused with the real thing......LOL
Yeah, but you could have cool TV adverts. A kid whispers 'zam zam', just like in that car advert, then a nasheed starts playing or something.

Then the mascot shows up, who's some sort of demented caffeinated bunny rabbit going 'kayfukhalla!'

minaz
02-14-2006, 10:17 PM
BTW people, Qibla cola's gone bust, and mecca cola was badly administered and is not widely circulated anymore

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-14-2006, 10:18 PM

Isnt the real formula for making coke still a secret? :confused:

afriend
02-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah bro Minaz....thanx a lot 4 that......really lightenned our spirits.....

LOL

Only jokin......

But the truth hurts a lot.

aamirsaab
02-15-2006, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed
Isnt the real formula for making coke still a secret?
But the ingredients are on the back :p.

Well, there is always the asda brand, cheap pop variety. It tastes not as nice as coka cola but it does the trick - just don't tell your guest that its cheap one. if they complain about how it tastes just say "oh I like it that way" ;)

Snowflake
02-15-2006, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Yeah yeah, it's all been said before. You really don't know who to believe in this world. Most brands have two or more agendas.
Arab Message
The distribution of Mecca Cola in Israel was initiated by the company's director of operations in Israel Miqdad Idris.

"It is our right as Muslims to create an alternative to things that exist in the world," he said.

"Arabs are entitled to enjoy brands that were made especially for them," he was quoted by the Israeli paper as saying.

The new drink demonstrates a political message, the Mecca Cola company said.

"There was a political message behind the brand's marketing in the Jewish state," said Idris.

He stressed that part of the company's revenues will be distributed to the Palestinian people.

"10% of the profits will be distributed as donations to Palestinian children. It is intolerable that they should suffer, starve and miss school."

Mecca Cole was established in 2002 by Tawfiq Mathlouthi, a French citizen of Tunisian descent, as an Arab answer to America's coca cola.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.