/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Collapse Of Atheism

DaSangarTalib
02-15-2006, 08:18 PM
We are at a turning point in the history of mankind. Atheism, that has so influenced the world of science and thought since the 18th century, is now undergoing an inevitable collapse. In this film you will see how the most basic assumptions of atheism collapsed with scientific, political and sociological developments in the past decades. From the theories of Charles Darwin or Sigmund Freud, to the fall of communism or the hippie dream, see how the atheist dogma falls at the dawn of the 21st century.

>> http://www.harunyahya.com/download/d...d.php?id=16130

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DaSangarTalib
02-16-2006, 11:13 PM
also refer to this>> http://www.harunyahya.com/c_refutation_atheism.php

root
02-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Great, I just had to turn it off after ten minutes.

The Big bang Theory proves the world was created, hhhmmm. What is all this "It's only a theory & not a fact" talk creationists bang on about.

Still, that is the rubbish that is fed when you don't need to be peer reviewed.

Ghazi
02-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Salaam

Here's a question that believers should ask athists, when they were just a mere fetus in there mothers womb, did they have any idea that they were gonna be born and brought into a new world, so why's it so hard for them to believe theres an next world.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaSangarTalib
02-18-2006, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Here's a question that believers should ask athists, when they were just a mere fetus in there mothers womb, did they have any idea that they were gonna be born and brought into a new world, so why's it so hard for them to believe theres an next world.
Good question

*Waits for answer* :?

Ghazi
02-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Salaam

It's a retorical question

DaSangarTalib
02-18-2006, 09:12 PM
lol oh ok i thought you were directing it at someone ..anyways it is a good question and i put forward that question to any atheists who would like to answer it hopefully...i'd like to know they views :)

root
02-18-2006, 09:24 PM
lol oh ok i thought you were directing it at someone ..anyways it is a good question and i put forward that question to any atheists who would like to answer it hopefully...i'd like to know they views
If you think about it you are also born without the capacity to show or be disgusted, these traits are not (natural/instinctive) and refered to as "Extelligence". Disgust is "taught" to us at an early age until that point we are quite happy to play with our own faeces.

Extelligence - extelligence with intelligence (by which they mean the knowledge and cognitive processes within the brain). Further, they regard the ‘complicity’ of extelligence and intelligence as fundamental to the development of consciousness in both evolutionary terms for the species, and also for the individual. ‘Complicity’ is a composite of complexity and simplicity and Cohen and Stewart use it to express the close and interdependent relationship between knowledge-inside-ones-head and knowledge-outside-ones-head that one can readily access.

I don't consider it a very good question, it's on a level with if I won the lottery jackpot then I have beaten exceedingly long odds. Does that mean a creater "made" the numbers just for me to win?

Regards

Root

czgibson
02-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Good question. Here's how I would answer it:

When I was a foetus, my brain was not fully formed. In fact, babies don't reach a level of self-consciousness until they're about one or two years old. For this reason it would be impossible for a foetus to have any sense that they were going to be born.

This reminds me of a quote from Jean-Paul Sartre when someone asked him if he was frightened of dying. He said that the thought of being dead was no more frightening than the thought of not having been alive before he was born. That's the way I look at it too.

Peace

Trumble
02-18-2006, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
Still, that is the rubbish that is fed when you don't need to be peer reviewed.
I'm afraid root has a point. There is nothing there remotely convincing to anyone who wasn't already a Theist anyway.. let alone any indication of the "collapse of atheism".

As a Buddhist I find this particular debate intriguing. I suppose that between those two extremes I would have to be considered an atheist in the sense that I do not believe any God exists; but I will happily accept that my philosophy/religion embraces concepts just as unproveable than the fact that there is, or is not, a God.

Don't you guys share the feeling that somehow we are just not meant to know for sure? Religion needs faith. Maybe, in its way, determined atheism does, too.

azim
02-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Surah al-Waqia Verse 57-59

We created you, then why do you believe not? Then tell me about the semen that you emit. Is it you who create it (into a perfect human being), or are We the creator?

czgibson
02-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Greetings Trumble,
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Don't you guys share the feeling that somehow we are just not meant to know for sure? Religion needs faith. Maybe, in its way, determined atheism does, too.
Yes, I think you're right. I can't prove there is no god; it's a belief.

Peace

shanu
02-19-2006, 01:23 AM
1st there were people who said
There are many gods, everything is god, everyone one is god!!

Then another group game
There is one god, and only one
La ilaha illahah ( thats us ;) )

Den another came who said
"There is no god! No way, i wont belive in it"

Hmm, what a changing world ;D
Cant they "ever" stick to one concept??
Well for ma atheist friends here, how come many things were already written in the Quran before it happened. If u explain that part? Then i would say u won. Furthermore, the Quran was given to a desert man, who was not educated with science or philosphy or litreature. Can u explain the poetic way the Quran was written, and the logical way the Quran was written.

Ok, i take atheists up for a challenge, if u can explain why its written like this, how its written like this? Where did the writer get this info from? Then i would say that i lost. Keep in mind, our humble Prophet Mohammed was illiterate

But u must convince me, not convince urself that ur right. Okey :)

Here are some information below, i'll only take a few examples.
We muslim dont believe that jesus(isa) is son of God, in fact we believe isa came on earth just like adam

the verse goes like this

"The likeness of Jesus before Allah is as the likeness of Adam." (3:59)

It is very clear that what we have in the statement is an equation. This verse goes on to explain how that is true because they both came under unusual circumstances rather than having a mother and a father in the usual human reproductive way. But more than that, I got to consider the use of the mention of words.

The words are used clearly enough. Jesus is like Adam and by Jesus and Adam, we mean those two men. But what about the mention of the words? Was the author aware of the fact that if we were considering the words as words themselves, this sentence also read that 'Jesus' is something like 'Adam'. Well, they are not spelt with the same letters, how can they be alike in this revelation? The only answer came to me fairly quickly and I took a look at the index of the Qur'an.

The index of the Qur'an has been made available only since 1945. This book was the result of years of work by a man and his students who assembled a book which lists every word in the Qur'an and where it can be found.

So, when we look up the word Isa (Jesus), we find it in the Qur'an twenty-five times. When we look up Adam, we find it in the Qur'an twenty-five times. The point is that they are very much alike in this book. They are equated. So, following up on this idea, I continued to examine the index looking for every case where something was set up as an equation, where the likeness of something was said to be the likeness of some other thing. And in every case, it works. You have to example a verse which reads:

Next verse
"The likeness of this who reject our signs is as the likeness of the dog." (7:176)

Well, the phrase is Arabic for 'the people who reject our signs' could be found in the Qur'an exactly five times. And so is the Arabic word for 'the dog' (al-kalb). And there are several instances of exactly the same occurrence.

It was some months after I found this for myself that a friend of mine, who is continuing this investigation with me, made a suggestion that there are also some places in the Qur'an where one thing is said to be not like another thing.

As soon as he mentioned this up to me, we both went for the index and had a quick look at several places where on thing is said to be not like another thing and counted their occurrence in the Qur'an. We were surprise and maybe should not have been to find that, after all, they do not match up. But an interesting thing does happen. For example, the Qur'an makes it very clear in the verse that trade is not like interest. The two words will be found six times for on and seven for the other. And so it is in every other case.

When one thing is said to be not like another, they over for a difference of one time. It would be five of one and four of the other, or seven of one and eight of another.

Another interesting verse

Good and Evil

There is one interesting verse which, I felt, spoke directly to me from right off the page. It mentions two words in Arabic, al-khabeeth (the evil), and al-taib (the good). The verse reads:

"Say, the evil and the good are not comparable, even though the abundance of evil will surprise you. So be mindful of your duty to Allah, O Man of understanding, that you may succeed." (5:100)

When I had a look at those two words in Arabic, the evil and the good, and found it in the Qur'an that they both occur seven times. Yet the verse here is saying that they are not comparable. I should NOT expect to find that they occur the same number of times. BUT what does the rest of this verse say?

"The evil and the good are not comparable. The abundance of the evil will surprise you" - and it did for there were too many of them. But it continues...

"So be mindful of your duty to Allah, O Man of understanding, that you may succeed." - So press on. Use your understanding and you will succeed. This is what the verse said to me. Well, I found the answer on one verse further on...

"Allah separates the evil from the good. The evil He piles one on top of the other, heaping them all together." (8:37)

Here is the solution to the difficulty. While we have seven occurrences of al-khabeeth (the evil) which matches up with the occurrences of al-taib (the good), according to the principle of the verse, evil is separated from good and is piled one on top of the other and heaped altogether as one. Hence, we do not count them as 7 separate instances.

Another verse
Occurrence of Words

A favourite difficulty, or supposed difficulty, which critics like to cite concerning the Qur'an is that - the author of this book was ignorant because he advised Muslims to follow the lunar new year instead of the solar year.

The critics say the author was unaware of the differences in the length of years, that if one follows the twelve lunar months, one loses eleven days every year. However, the author was well aware of the distinction between the length of the solar year and lunar year.

In Chapter 18, Verse 9:

It mentions 300 years and gives their equivalent as 309 years. As it happens, 300 SOLAR years is equal to 309 LUNAR years.

The arabic word for 'month', shahar will be found 12 times in the Qur'an. There are 12 months in a year. If we find twelve months, how many days should we expect to find? The word in arabic is yaum, and as it happens you will find that the word occurs 365 in the Qur'an.

The original issue which had me interested in looking up the occurrence of months and days was this distinction between solar year and the lunar year. Well, for 25 centuries, it has been known that the relative positions of the sun, moon and earth coincide every 19 years. This was discovered by a Greek by the name of Meton, and it is called the 'Metonic' cycle.

Knowing this, I looked again in the index of the word 'year', sanah and found, sure enough, that is occurs in the Qur'an 19 times.

Keep reading
Best Explanation

We are told in the Qur'an that no questionnaire will come to the Muslims with the question for which a good answer has not been provided, and the best explanation for whatever his question. This verse says:

"For everything they say we are given something to go back to them and reply." (25:33)

We looked again to the index of the Qur'an and we found the word, qalu (they say), is found three hundred and thirty-two times. Now, what would be the natural counterpart? The Arabic word, qul, which is the command 'say' and you will find at the index it also occurs three hundred and thirty-two times.

Finally i shall put down my personal experience. Many critics commit a grave error by being too quick to judge a verse, give it an intrepretion. Even i am one of them. This happened to me two days ago. i even wrote abt it in this forum. 1stly let us look at what the Quran says abt intrepreting it
20:114 High above all is Allah, the King, the Truth! Be not in haste with the Qur'an before its revelation to thee is completed, but say, "O my Lord! advance me in knowledge." .
Here it says to have pateint, and not to be hasty in coming up wuth intrepretion. Here is where i made a mistake.

I was reading Surah 5 two days ago
005.054 O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust.
Then i was wondering, how come? As i clearly know that Allah is not unjust
then i read the other parts

005.058 Your (real) friends are (no less than) God, His Apostle, and the (fellowship of) believers,- those who establish regular prayers and regular charity, and they bow down humbly (in worship).

005.059 As to those who turn (for friendship) to God, His Apostle, and the (fellowship of) believers,- it is the fellowship of God that must certainly triumph.

005.060 O ye who believe! take not for friends and protectors those who take your religion for a mockery or sport,- whether among those who received the Scripture before you, or among those who reject Faith; but fear ye God, if ye have faith (indeed).

005.061 When ye proclaim your call to prayer they take it (but) as mockery and sport; that is because they are a people without understanding.
Then only i realised, what the surah was saying that we are not to take friends who mock our faith and religion, as if we move with them, we begin to lose faith in ourselves. And this was not referring to peaceful Christians and jews who dont mock us for our religion, and we can be friends with them.

I started reading because i have an old uncle in london who says that we are not to have friends from other faith, I found this a little extreme, as i have full faith that Allah is most just. Well from what i understand here, The Quran actually referred to "friends" who mock our religion and make fun of us, and make us feel low abt ourselves. Truly, they cant be friends at all, as friends are those who support one another no matter where they come from. Friends are those who support and believe in us. Like for an example, a christian who does nothing to shake ur faith in ur religion, andwho doesnt mock you and support you when help is needed. Now that is what this is reffering to.

One fine example is our Prophet Mohammed pbuh, a man who lived like a walking Quran.

It was in Madinah that the Prophet (PBUH) received envoys and emissaries from various tribes and nationals, asking matters of various sorts, demanding dialogues, negotiations etc. Among the emissaries were an envoy representing the Christian community in Najran (South Arabia). The Prophet (PBUH) welcomed them, entertained them as honoured guests and even allowed them to conduct their religious service in his city.

It was a good occasion to share each other's views on matters of religion. Some members of the envoy were deeply impressed by the treatment they received from the Muslims, thus leading them to embrace Islam.

Some people take a dim view on islam, as they feel we were told to hate christians and jews, and not take them as friends. As you can see from above, The prophet treated them kindly and didnt kill them nor hate them for the differnt faiths they emerge from, Instead, he embraced them and treated them with honour. Like i said earlier, what they are reffering to is people who mock you and make you feel stupid. Such are not friends at all. There are even Christians in this forum who speak kindly to us, furthermore some of us muslims today were jews and christians before

As we can see here, the Quran emphasized on patience when intrepreting it and not to jump into conclusions. Truly enough when i read it with patience,i found what it was actually talking about. i realise that many muslims are quick to intrepret or take the book literally.The Quran tells us repeatedly that it is easy to understand. (It does so at many points, including 5:15; 11:1; 26:195; 54:17; and 55:1-, and it has also said that only god and a true believer can understand that. To be a true believer, one must not have any negativeness and be neutral when intrepreting it, and must be dedicated to it. And to be dedicated one must have positive attitude and patience

Dear atheist friends,
i am not asking for evidence on whether the quran is fake or not
Im asking a few simple things
1) How come many things that have been only discovered by scientists recently were actually written in black and white 1400 years ago?
please explain it to me

2)where could the author, being a illierate desert man get the knwoledge and the equipment to discover them?

3) why is the quran written in this way? Why in such a logical way? Why with so much of poetry when the author doesnt even know A, B,C in arabic?

4) How is it written in such a manner? In involves almost every subject, even math, e.g the jesus and adam part?

If you can convince me, in these aspects, then my hats off to u. But please do not mock or tell on whether its fake or not. Im not interested in that part, just the above. But please do not be rude. im not mocking u, nor asking u to bring evidence on atheism, just asking question. Please take it as an healthy competition.Take your time. I respect ur way of life as u respect mine

Peace on u:thankyou:

nurul3eyn
02-19-2006, 05:35 AM
Allah says in the Quran about the stages of the creation of man:
Man we did create from a quintessence (of clay) then we placed as (a drop of) sperm (nutfah) in a place firmly fixed then we made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood (alaqah); Then of that clot we made a lump; Then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature [QURAN 23:12-14]

In another Hadeeth, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
When forty-two nights have passed over the drop (nutfah), Allah sends an angel to it, who shapes it and makes its ears, eyes, skin, flesh and bones. Then he says “O Lord is it male or female?” and your Lord decides what he wishes.
Woe to man! What has made him reject Allah? From what stuff has he created him? From a sperm-drop: He has created him, and then molded him in due proportion. [Quran 80:17-19]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.