/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pls help me on this

islamicgirl
02-16-2006, 10:51 PM
:salambox: :salaam:

i would like to ask you if could answer this as detail as you can because i have an coursework to do on what the purpose is to worship in islam
and if you can on what the purpose is to worship for christianty

jazzakallah

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
02-18-2006, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamicgirl

i would like to ask you if could answer this as detail as you can because i have an coursework to do on what the purpose is to worship in islam

jazzakallah

I guess the purpose of worship is to express your love for God, and to demonstrate your belief, faith and your desire to follow His teachings.

The actual practice of worship might add several layers to that. It can help build a sense of community around the mosque or church, and part of such worship usually involves religious readings, and explanation and interpretation of religious teachings. Its also sometimes linked to important stages of life, such as births, marriages and funerals, which both show how religion relates to everyday life and emphasises that such events are in accordance with the will of God.

I can't really think of any difference in the purpose of worship in Islam and Christianity - it is identical, I think. That wouldn't be true of "worship" in some other religions but that wouldn't seem relevant to your assignment.

Good luck!

Sister Khadija
02-19-2006, 07:35 AM

jazzakallah

:sl:
The purpose of worship in Islam is to be God conscious. Thus the worship, whether it is prayer, fasting, or charity, is a means to achieve God consciousness so that when one becomes conscious of God, in thought and in action, he is in a better position to receive His bounties both in this world and the hereafter.

Salaam,
Sister Khadija:sister:

Umar001
02-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Well in Christianity the purpose of worship differs from other religions as such, in the sense that one has to proclaim the acceptance of Jesus' sacrifice and in return can have his/her sins taken but the purpose of worship is at the same time indirectly obligatory in Christianity in the sense that, as James put it, in the little yet wise book named after him, that, Faith Without deed is dead simliar as to a body without its head or soul or something like that.

So we see that although as Titus 3:5 says that we are saved not because of the righteous things we done but because of Grace, we must understand that it is through the faith that grace comes and faith can only be alive if deed is there.

Jesus was asked about gaining heaven and he replied about the commandments so its evident worship is a part of the faith.

But if you go further in depth it would be better.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
02-19-2006, 03:03 PM
:sl:

This thread might help
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...o-we-pray.html

islamicgirl
09-02-2006, 07:46 PM
jazakallah to all who have answered my posts,sorry i have not answered ur posts 4 long as i did not use also 4 long.

glo
09-02-2006, 08:48 PM
jazakallah to all who have answered my posts,sorry i have not answered ur posts 4 long as i did not use also 4 long.
So how did your coursework go? :)

Zulkiflim
09-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Salaam,

recite the shahadah and to worship Allah.

To understadn who we are and what we are and what we are made for.

islamicgirl
09-08-2006, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
So how did your coursework go? :)
i did not continue doing my course but will be continuing it this year insha'allah as i was busy with my hifdulquran exam, anyways jazakallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!