/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When a person converts to islam

songinwind
02-17-2006, 12:35 PM
I have question...and need links to read ...
When I converted to islam 5 years ago,,I did so in from of a lot of people...and I knew what I was saying, but did have help to say in arabic...."there is no God, but Allah, and he has no son"...
Than I was told i was free of all past sins, and my life began new...from that day foreward...yes?
so for 5 years i have read quran 2 times, can say all prayers in arabic, and work on my Deen all the time..
Now the question...If its true that the day I converted,,I was free of all past sins...than why would someone, keep to bring it up, and question me about this? And say things like "but I heard that in usa, woman this way, that way:X "....i say " I am a muslimah...and this is the way I am,,and its always answered with "But"..now its starting to make me very sad...in fact so sad...I no longer want to marry this person...as I see life staying like this...so, for "my own" personal reference for possible future things like this...is there anywhere I can get referece to this...
I didn't convert for anyone...I converted because Allah touch my heart...and to know besides this wonderful new life i have been given..I am also sin free..well thats quite a thing to me..
The "once future husband is now gone". as I live for Allah..and he is first in my life, always...so will let anything go that interferrs in that...
But do wish to have answers on one converting..and past sins...
Thank you so much................Fee aman allah Allah Hafiz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
swanlake
02-17-2006, 01:51 PM
:sl:

You are right sister. Allah forgave all your sins, and there is no need to rehash all over again. The past is past.

Rabi'ya
02-17-2006, 02:32 PM
:sl: sis

alhamdulillah you are born again when you convert. Allah forgives all your past sins.

unfortunttely I have expereicned the same as you. I just tell them well, women from the west do generally have a bad reputation among the Muslim world. However, not everyone is the same and you shouldnt judge someone until you know them. At the end of the day you are Muslims.

He should accept you for your present and your future, your past is irrelavent(sp?).

If he is judging you on your past then you are better than that. and you will, inshAllah find someone ALOT better than him.

May Allah guide you and keep you safe from harm sis.....ameen

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

cihad
02-17-2006, 03:19 PM
stay strong

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend2
02-17-2006, 03:21 PM
salaam,

mashAllah sis, :wub:, whilst reading your post i was overwhelmed with joy! lol:happy: (because of the fact that you seem so amazing, not due to the other thing)

anyways...it is true that Allah with his mercy has forgiven you due to you being reverted to Islam. now if someone is still doubting that and basically making you feel unhappy, then i think it is probably for the best that it didnt work out.:)

alhamdulillah as you say Allah is the first in your life then there is nothing to worry about, and inshAllah you will have a husband who is pious and God fearing. :) :happy:

may Allah grant you the highest status of Jannah. ameen thumma ameen :wub:

wassalam

Ibrar
02-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Inshallah
if I am not wrong, I think no question will be asked to you regarding you past life (before converting to Islam) at the Day of Judgment, therefore you dont need to be worrying about that. just try to work to make your future bright in the Hereafter!!
Ignore the one's who asks you about your past life!
be happy and alway's Thank Allah for he showed you the Right Path!
Not every one is Lucky as you are!!

shorouk
02-17-2006, 03:31 PM
look... dont take everythingto the heart or personally...
ppl are always curious and interested in converts so they tend to ask alot of question not meaning to b annoying or put u down...
answer the qs and take it calmly...
and i welcome u to islam:D hopefully one day u will find the right man for u.... b patient but if u take every question perosnally then u wont ever b happy... good luck...

songinwind
02-17-2006, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shorouk
look... dont take everythingto the heart or personally...
ppl are always curious and interested in converts so they tend to ask alot of question not meaning to b annoying or put u down...
answer the qs and take it calmly...
and i welcome u to islam:D hopefully one day u will find the right man for u.... b patient but if u take every question perosnally then u wont ever b happy... good luck...

Sister you have misunderstood my words.....only one person has done this, anyone else has been so wonderful, so kind...and I didn't take his words personal...but was very, very hurt,,,as it was more than once i was questioned by him....and I knew(thought), when I converted I was than sin-free....and as "Allah knows all", I didn't see the persons need to know....and only wished to have some links for proof of this for my own use..to read..peace to u..and thank u for responding...:)

Umar001
02-17-2006, 04:14 PM
I was told the thing aswell, the way I saw it, it woulda been good if I died straight away lol

anyhow, I dont get the part about the husband thingy.

but its bad that people think bad about people in the west.

songinwind
02-17-2006, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
I was told the thing aswell, the way I saw it, it woulda been good if I died straight away lol

anyhow, I dont get the part about the husband thingy.

but its bad that people think bad about people in the west.

not husband brother---(once future husband is now gone".)...he asked for mariage, and is gone now...because Allah is 1st in my life..and I can't marry someone who will make my life very sad, with questions, that will make me go back in time, and not stay on the future, which is My Deen...*(islam) peace to u, and thank u from brothers side of views...

The Ruler
02-17-2006, 04:58 PM
i pray dat u stay strong in faith and may Allah help you overcome ur problems :) :thumbs_up :rose:

songinwind
02-17-2006, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
i pray dat u stay strong in faith and may Allah help you overcome ur problems :) :thumbs_up :rose:

Thank you sister...What I am really looking for is somewhere to read this...and there in the quran , verses related to this question? peace to u

Takumi
02-17-2006, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by songinwind
I have question...and need links to read ...
When I converted to islam 5 years ago,,I did so in from of a lot of people...and I knew what I was saying, but did have help to say in arabic...."there is no God, but Allah, and he has no son"...
Than I was told i was free of all past sins, and my life began new...from that day foreward...yes?
so for 5 years i have read quran 2 times, can say all prayers in arabic, and work on my Deen all the time..
Now the question...If its true that the day I converted,,I was free of all past sins...than why would someone, keep to bring it up, and question me about this? And say things like "but I heard that in usa, woman this way, that way:X "....i say " I am a muslimah...and this is the way I am,,and its always answered with "But"..now its starting to make me very sad...in fact so sad...Ino longer want to marry this person...as I see life staying like this...so, for "my own" personal reference for possible future things like this...is there anywhere I can get referece to this...
Because, the ummah is filled with people with many misconceptions and there are some born muslims who think they're all that and kept on bombarding new muslims with titles such as "reverts", "converts" etc.

And then they suck up to them and say, your conversion stories inspire me.

If I were you, I'd ignore their ignorance and improve yourself. No one can help you on the day of judgment except the Mercy of Allah, your deed and the shafaah of the prophet.

There's a thread here somewhere here that deals with the title revert. Read it, you might get a clearer picture.

songinwind
02-17-2006, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
Because, the ummah is filled with people with many misconceptions and there are some born muslims who think they're all that and kept on bombarding new muslims with titles such as "reverts", "converts" etc.

And then they suck up to them and say, your conversion stories inspire me.

If I were you, I'd ignore their ignorance and improve yourself. No one can help you on the day of judgment except the Mercy of Allah, your deed and the shafaah of the prophet.

There's a thread here somewhere here that deals with the title revert. Read it, you might get a clearer picture.

Brother...sorry the confussion here...I am not confused about this,,just wish to have facts .....and it was just one person..and if its someone you was going to marry, now that can be confussing..
But I have no confussion on where my mind is totally----Its on My Deen,,(religious side)...peace to u

j50yab
02-18-2006, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by songinwind
than why would someone, keep to bring it up, and question me about this? And say things like "but I heard that in usa, woman this way, that way:X "....i say "

Dear Sister

Shaytan comes in many guises. He (Shaytan) would love for you to change your ways now that you have accepted Islam. How it must hurt him realising you are sin free. The fact that you have lost your intended just shows that he was not right for you. Insha Allah, you will find the right partner for you.

When I married my wife (a convert to Islam) many born muslims would question me to see if she prayed salaat or quraan. My answer to them was "Do you?". They soon stopped asking.

Please stay strong (and sin free) for Allah SWT rewards his faithful followers.

songinwind
02-18-2006, 02:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by j50yab

Dear Sister

Shaytan comes in many guises. He (Shaytan) would love for you to change your ways now that you have accepted Islam. How it must hurt him realising you are sin free. The fact that you have lost your intended just shows that he was not right for you. Insha Allah, you will find the right partner for you.

When I married my wife (a convert to Islam) many born muslims would question me to see if she prayed salaat or quraan. My answer to them was "Do you?". They soon stopped asking.

Please stay strong (and sin free) for Allah SWT rewards his faithful followers.

How happy and grateful to Allah, your wife must be,...To have been sent such a caring husband...May all blessing of Allah be on u both..ameen...
I don't understand why we are tested far more, by the very ones we love--"muslims", and not all do this...But a lot do...
It makes me feel very good to know you answer ones as you do, as You are the caretaker, and protector now of this woman...which are the very things I thought about, when I made the decision to not marry him...
Sometimes I wonder if people really know how much work, your wife, people like her, and me....do.....
Its so hard to explain what a convert feels like, "if" they converted for the right reasons...(not because they met a muslim, and convert for him), its a feeling of being reborn, and like a sponge...we can't read or know enough:) ..just want more and more...
Thank you brother....you have really helped me...
I feel at peace now, and Allah has sent me what I needed...
peace to you, and u wife...ameen

shorouk
02-18-2006, 04:27 AM
www.islamonline.com

www.islam.com
ill find more.... thnx for ur clarification:D

songinwind
02-18-2006, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shorouk
www.islamonline.com

www.islam.com
ill find more.... thnx for ur clarification:D

Thank you so much for the links...:)
its great help to me...Salam

Snowflake
02-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Dear sis, salamz

MashaAllah, I'm happy to see how strong you are. I'm pleased you decided not to marry this man, as he might never have been able to rest until he'd got his answers. No one has the right to question your past. If Allah has forgiven your sins, then that's it. It's between you and Allah now.

I always wary of those who ask questions as they must be the ones that have something to hide. A man with a pure heart would treat you by what you are today. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Allah has someone better lined up for you inshaAllah :)

wa'salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.