/* */

PDA

View Full Version : TRIVIA: How Clever r YOU??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WomanOfJihad
12-30-2004, 12:59 AM
Assalamu'Aleykum Wr wb ...

JazakAlahu Khairan.. to have this board .... InshAllah .. id love to take the honours to start this off ... :cool:

On This thread.. a member would post a triky/Easy question ( Islamic ones) . n leave it for the other members to answer it .. n whoeva gets it Right .. they are given the Chance to post another Question ... Hope it turns out to b beneficial.. inshAllah..

so here it goes ...

WHO WAS THE DAUGHTER OF ABU SUFYAN (R.A.) ?????

* Easy Question *
* Whoever gets the Answer, wil be the next one to post a question*

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
12-30-2004, 01:15 AM
Assalamu Alykum

mashAllah nice question, the answer is....................Ramlah Bint Abu Sufyan(r.a) ;) ....click on the name to get some info.

I guess its my turn now....(dont want to make it to hard lol)....hmm...ok Which Sahabi is know as "SayfulAllah" meaning "Sword of Allah"?

WomanOfJihad
12-30-2004, 04:05 PM

Which Sahabi is know as "SayfulAllah" meaning "Sword of Allah"?

If i m nt mistaken ... the answer would be :

KHALID BIN WALEED

* hope its ryt *

Khaldun
12-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Assalamu Alykum

Its right sister mashAlllah....I almost forgot to ask, was mine right aswell?

I believe its ur turn now....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
WomanOfJihad
12-30-2004, 05:08 PM
*ye the answer was right ..never knew another name for Umm Habibah was Ramlah*

*ok here goes another Question*

HOW MANY SONS AND DAUHTERS DID PROPHET MUHAMMAD (s.a.w.) HAVE FROM KHADIJAH R.A. ???

* another easy one *

Ummatee
12-30-2004, 11:22 PM
errrmm.. i know the answer.. THe Prohpet (sallaAllahu 'Alayhi Wasallam) had two sons and four duaghters...from Khadijah (Radiyallahu'Anha)

WomanOfJihad
12-30-2004, 11:34 PM
SUBHANALLAh .. UMMATEE ..if u havent realised .. THE MEMBErs in here have got a very good EyeSIGHT .. (Alhumdulilah) .. i m sure u will use a bit smaller font SIZE Next tym ... ( hope that wasnt a SNAP :P )

* My Eyes went WIDEEE as soon as i saw ur BIG GIGANTIC FONT . Wat a tORTURE * ;)

Ummatee
12-30-2004, 11:34 PM

Salams PPl..this ones for the clever ones...

* How many Ansars were Martyred in the battle of Uhud?*

:p

Khattab
12-31-2004, 12:40 AM
was it 75?:o

Ummatee
12-31-2004, 01:06 AM
:o Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... But You'r close.. infact VVVERYYYY CLOOSEEE :p

Khattab
12-31-2004, 01:14 AM
higher or lower, im sure its in the seventies?

WomanOfJihad
12-31-2004, 01:16 PM
hmmm..

Ummatee
12-31-2004, 05:11 PM
:confused: ----------------> lol t woman n Brother Amir..!!! MashAllah ..

Keep trying You guys are close.. I mean if i say lower higher..its just gona get too blatant.. But ok i'll be generous.. its LOWER :p

WomanOfJihad
12-31-2004, 06:03 PM
errrrrr.....

65 ?

* Nt good in remembering the numbers*

Ummatee
12-31-2004, 06:21 PM
tut tut SISSS...very very cloooooossssssseeeeee.. MashAllah keep up the good work.. remember though..it aint the correct answer.... hehehhe

Muslimah
12-31-2004, 10:06 PM
alsalaamu alaykum...

I agree with Woman of Jihad's first answer.....there were 70 shuhadaa in Uhud....

Khaldun
12-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Assalamu Alykum

I believe the question was how many of the shahheed were Ansar, innit Ummatee?

Taalib-e-'Ilm
12-31-2004, 11:29 PM
Salamz to all!!!!

If its about the ansar in the battle of Uhud then the answer is 64 and there were 4 muhaajireens.

:smile:

Brother_Mujahid
01-02-2005, 06:06 PM
70 muslims were matryred

WomanOfJihad
01-02-2005, 06:43 PM

If its about the ansar in the battle of Uhud then the answer is 64 and there were 4 muhaajireens.

MashAllah... brother Talib-e-ilm u gt the right answer ..

* AWaits for another question*

Taalib-e-'Ilm
01-03-2005, 09:49 PM
:sl:

soz i took lng.....

The snake that bit Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddique Radiallahuanhu in the cave of Hira and our beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahualayhiwasallam
put their sweet saliva on Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddique Radiallahuanhu'z wound--- Remember this incident and the place where the snake stung Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddique Radiallahuanhu goes back to the way it was b4--- REMEMBA!!!!
Question:

Who was the Snake?

A REALLY EAZY ONE COZ THIS IS MY FIRST QUESTION :-\

Uthman
01-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Salaams Taalib-e-'Ilm brother,

Please can you change the yellow bit in your above post to a different colour because I can't read what it says! lol!

Wasalaam

Taalib-e-'Ilm
01-03-2005, 11:31 PM
It Says: A really easy one coz its my first time im askin a question :-\

WomanOfJihad
01-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Interesting Questionn ....

hmm.. the snake was sent from Allah swt..

* hope its right*

Uthman
01-05-2005, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taalib-e-'Ilm
It Says: A really easy one coz its my first time im askin a question :-\
Thanks, btw. I dont know the answer to your question. I was gonna say the one that guarded the Ka'baa but somehow I don't think it is :p

Khaldun
01-05-2005, 09:38 PM

I believe brother TeI wants a specific person (individual) correct me if I am wrong brother...?

Brother_Mujahid
01-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Question:

Who was the Snake?

A REALLY EAZY ONE COZ THIS IS MY FIRST QUESTION :-\
was it shaitaan?

WomanOfJihad
01-06-2005, 10:56 PM
was it shaitaan?
Thats wat i thought.... but i think that snake was from Allah SWT ..

* Wonders, Where TAALIBE E ILM has gne off, gotta get hold of him*

Khaldun
01-06-2005, 11:14 PM

yes that was my second guess as well....although i have been informed that this is wrong....just have to wait for brother Taalib-e'-ilm to come back *waiting*

Brother_Mujahid
01-07-2005, 06:07 PM
flip it, its been days and no answer with futter ado ill post up the new question while we wait for the other question to confirmed right/wrong

so my question to everyone is.......

Question
after the prophet (saw) lost his beloved wife khadijah (ra) who was the next women the prophet married?

WomanOfJihad
01-07-2005, 08:44 PM
HAZRAT SAWDAH R.A.

Taalib-e-'Ilm
01-07-2005, 09:15 PM
EVERY!Z SO WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SALAMZ
THE SNAKE WAS NOT A SHAYTAAN- YES INFACT IT WAS SENT BY ALLAH BUT WHO WAS IT???????? GO ON FIND OUT!!!!!!!! :p

Taalib-e-'Ilm
01-07-2005, 09:27 PM
SALAMZ AGAIN!!!!

i'll tell u wot--- i'lll give a deadline of one complete saturday which is this saturday and if no one repliez my turn again

******FAIR AND SQUARE***** ;) **

WomanOfJihad
01-07-2005, 09:33 PM

A REALLY EAZY ONE COZ THIS IS MY FIRST QUESTION
ye sure . very easyy indeed .. hmm..

* WOnders wat the answer cud be *

Nisa
01-08-2005, 02:18 AM
Was it a jinn??

Taalib-e-'Ilm
01-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Assalamualaykum,

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Borther zak, u have got the answer 75% right but there is still sumtin missin from that answer.... it was a snake watin to see our prophet Sallallhualayhiwasallam but that snake wasn't a snake before it got turned into the snake... my question is WHO WAS THE SNAKE? ;)

Brother_Mujahid
01-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Assalamualaykum,

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Borther zak, u have got the answer 75% right but there is still sumtin missin from that answer.... it was a snake watin to see our prophet Sallallhualayhiwasallam but that snake wasn't a snake before it got turned into the snake... my question is WHO WAS THE SNAKE? ;)
ah hurry up and answre the question........ you've been away for some time, come back and continue to ask the same question which no one knows the answer to.

format_quote Originally Posted by jihadywoman
HAZRAT SAWDAH R.A.
answer is correct......... your turn to ask a question

Taalib-e-'Ilm
01-08-2005, 12:16 PM
:p Salamz....

I'll finally reveal the answer.... The snake was a diciple of Hadhrat Musa Alayhissalam, how did it get their, well the answer is on this page, it was once when Hadhrat Musa was readin a passage from the Tawrah which had some praises about the Holy Prophet Muhammad Sallallahualayhiwasallam and his ummah, so this diciple requested Hadhrat Musa to make a dua that "Ya Allah Plz make this diciple of mine see this Last Prophet of yours" Hadhrat Musa Alayhiwassalam said that i doubt it if the dua will be accepted bcoz it s impossible, but he made this dua and Allah told Hadhrat Musa to tell his diciple that go to this cave and in that hole and hide inside that hole, but the diciple said that how can i do that the holes too small, but he was told that he would get turned into a snake!!!!!!!!!!!

SO I guess its my turn to ask a question again:

How did the world get to learn Black Magic?

VERY EAZY QUESTION

Khaldun
01-08-2005, 12:43 PM

answer is correct......... your turn to ask a question
SO I guess its my turn to ask a question again:
I am a bit confused now...whos turn is it???

WomanOfJihad
01-08-2005, 01:55 PM

How did the world get to learn Black Magic?

THIs is the QUESTION from TaliB-E-Ilm

Brother_Mujahid
01-08-2005, 03:59 PM
two angels were sent down, they taught the people

WomanOfJihad
01-08-2005, 05:17 PM
how did people cum to know abt blak magic

... k i guess it was when .. some one did blak magic on Prophet Muhammad s.a.w ... n then later Surah FALAQ was revealed..thats when people came to know abt the blak magic?? .. Allahu alam.. ( Tried my best)

Taalib-e-'Ilm
01-08-2005, 07:21 PM

Broda Mujahid got it right... well atlast sum1 did answer my question correctly....... It was Haarut and Maarut..... It was said that two angels went to Allah they told Allah that y do u want to create such a creation on Earth which will shed blood- don't we prostrate you and everything so y do u want to create sumtin which will do such a thing?

Allah then replied, "I know things which you not know"
This statement is also stated in the Quran sumwhere....
In other words it basically means BE Quite!!!!

After the murder of one of Hadhrat Aadam alayhissalam'z son, the same two angels went back to Allah and told Allah "How can they disobey you, you gave them food to eat, water to drink and everything?"""

Allah then said that if i were to put u down to Earth you will do the same thing.

These two angels- Haarut and Maarut were put down on Earth by Allah, they lived in a house away from everyone else, they used to pray 24/7.... until the day....

A fit woman came knocking in the house of where these two lived, one of the brothers opened the door and started talking to her, when the other angel found out abt this lady, even he started to assist him in this sin till the day that angel had an intercourse with this lady
:'(

Now the angels realised that they had commited a major sin, so they lifted their hands up and said: Ya Allah Lift us back up, we dont want to live in this filthy place"

Allah said: "NO! ONCE A HUMAN COMMITS A SIN HE CAN NEVER COME BACK TO THE HEAVENS" (dont get confused, we sinners will get entered into jannah bcoz inshallah our sins will b forgiven!!!)

Angels said please Ya Allah PLEASE GIVE US ONE MORE CHANCE!!!!!!- they begged Allah and kept on crying and then Allah in reply gave them two options:

1) Either live a normal life on Earth and after they die they will enter Hell for eternity!!!(REMEMBER: these were angels so they have seen the fire of hell, and the wonderfull heavenz!!!)

2) Suffer a punishment till the day of judgement on Earth and then get lifted back up to the heavens.

Obviously the angels took option two as their punishement- WHO WOULDN't!!!------ they were given ceratin co-ordinates by Allah of the place where they still are present.... it was a well and the punishment was that they had to hang themselves upside down, IMAGINE THAT FROM THE TIME OF HADHRAT AADAM ALAYHISSALAM TILL THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT!!!!!! :'(

Once an old lady went to fetch a pill of water and the bucket hit one of the angels, and a voice came from the well: "OUCH" now the old women found out who they were and what they were although ppl at that time didnt know much about angels and then the conversation went on and on until the bit when the old women asked: "Tell me Something which humans dont know and Angels know"
THe angels took their time to reply and said that Black MAgic!!!

THe old women then insisted that i want to learn black magic, the angels warned her that if u were to learn it u will lose ur imaan.. but she said that she wants to learn it. THe course Started and the old lady was taught by the angels and was told to bring things like hairs and this and that... until the very last completion of the hellish crse of Black Magic!!!!! THE VERY LAST DAY OF THE CRS ONCE THE OLD WOMEN COMPLETED IT IN THE SAME VERY MINUTE SHE SAW A WONDERFUL HANDSOME PRINCE FLYING ON DARK BLACK HORSE AND SHE GOT WORRIED AND ASKED THE ANGELS WOTS HAPPENING, SHE WAS THEN TOLD THAT THATS HER IMAAN WHICH JUST FLEW AWAY FROM HER!!!!!!!!!" -- ALLAH SAVE US ALL FROM THE BOUNDARIES OF KUFR AND FROM BECOMING A KAAFIR BCOZ IT IS STATED IN THE QUR'AN THAT ONCE A PERSON BECOMEZ A KAAFIR HE CAN NEVER BECOME A MUSLIM AGAIN!!! :'( :'( :'(

AFTER THIS BLACK MAGIC WAS LIKE PASSED DOWN TO THOUSANDS OF GENERATIONS, LIKE A CHAIN OF IT PASSED DOWN TO DIFFERENT PPL AND THIS IS HOW PPL KNOW IT IN TODAYZ WORLD. ALLAH SAVE US ALL AMEEN, BROTHER MUJAHID ITS UR TURN

WomanOfJihad
01-08-2005, 08:31 PM
SUBHANALLAH....something i learnt ..

well dun Brother Mujahid ,.. ur turn :eek:

Khaldun
01-08-2005, 09:49 PM

Allah then replied, "I know things which you not know"
This statement is also stated in the Quran sumwhere....
Related to that issue...

http://www.load-islam.com/content/view/95/41/

Brother_Mujahid
01-09-2005, 01:44 PM
In the time of Abubakr (ra) khalid bin waleed was the co mmander of the muslim army, when Abubakr passed away Umar (ra) became the new khaleef........
Question
who did Umar (ra) appoint as the new commander of the muslim army.

WomanOfJihad
01-09-2005, 02:03 PM
errrr.. Was it
Hazrat Abu'UBAID?

Brother_Mujahid
01-09-2005, 05:41 PM
yes it was abu ubaidah bin al jarrah

he was one of the 10 sahaba who were given the glad tidings of entering jannah while they were alive by the prophet (saw)

WomanOfJihad
01-09-2005, 06:20 PM

he was one of the 10 sahaba who were given the glad tidings of entering jannah while they were alive by the prophet (saw)
SubhanAllah ...

HOW MANY SONS AND DAUGHTERS DID ABDUL MUTTALIB HAVE?

here is another easy one.

Uma Rayanah
01-09-2005, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad
SubhanAllah ...

HOW MANY SONS AND DAUGHTERS DID ABDUL MUTTALIB HAVE?

here is another easy one.

3 sonz and 2 doughterz

i'm not sure sis

WomanOfJihad
01-09-2005, 10:06 PM
awww..Sis try again :)

Nisa
01-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Abu Jahal's real name:

Umro bin Hasham bin Mughirah Makhzumi and his patronymic was Abdul Hakm

WomanOfJihad
01-12-2005, 04:03 PM
* Waits for Sister Nisa Patiently*

Abdalla
01-13-2005, 10:57 AM
mashallah i should reward the person who started this topic with 5 rep power points for making such a good active topic. well done!

Khaldun
01-13-2005, 12:11 PM

the only drawback with this thread however, is the waiting part...I mean what if the member whos turn it is doesnt come back in a while...then what??

just an observation...

Umm Yoosuf
01-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Masha Allah very benifical topic, but i got to agree with brother Khaldun.....this waiting is kinda not nice for other memebers who what to take part!

Umm Yoosuf
01-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Qul Hu-walaahu 'Ahad Qur'an 112:1-4) :confused:

Nisa
01-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Ya ikhwaan wa akhwaat!!!!! SubhanAllah forgive me - I've been up to my eyeballs in work (no not literally :-P) and forgot about answering the previous question.

InshaAllah here goes:

There are 5 mosques mentioned in the Qur'an; masjid al-Haram, al-Nabi, al-Aqsa, Quba, and _______?

Khaldun
01-13-2005, 02:47 PM

Surah Mujadilah

Khaldun
01-13-2005, 02:49 PM

does Baitul Ma'mur count??

Nisa
01-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Nope sorry akhi - good guess though mashaAllah!

Nisa
01-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Your answer of Surah Mujadilah is correct btw :) In all 22 ayahs of the surah, the name of Allah is mentioned!! SubhanAllah.

Khaldun
01-13-2005, 02:55 PM

mashAllah good question sister...you will keep me busy for a while now, JazzakAllah

WomanOfJihad
01-13-2005, 03:50 PM

Then I think in such situation, the person who posted the last question shud get to ask the next question !
InshAllah.. fair Enough...

Nisa
01-14-2005, 03:29 PM
MashaAllah Br Zak!! That's the correct answer....some info on the subject:

Following is the mention of Masjid-e-Zirar in the Quran: “And there are those who put up a mosque by way of mischief and infidelity, to disunite the Believers, and in preparation for one who warred against Allah and His Messenger aforetime. They will indeed swear that their intention is nothing but good; but Allah doth declare that they are certainly liars”. (9:107)

This mosque was built by Munafiqeen (hypocrites) as a meeting place with a view to conspire against Islam and Muslims. It was constructed opposite Masjid-e-Quba. Since sincere Muslims usually prayed in the Prophet’s (Pbuh) Mosque and since Masjid-e-Quba was in the outskirts of the then Madinah city where it was inconvenient for people to go for prayers, they had chosen the conspiracy site in the name of a mosque. All-knowing Allah informed the Prophet about this through the Quranic revelation. As it had been prohibited by Allah to pray in a structure called mosque that was founded for the purpose of de-stabilising Islam, the Prophet ordered that it should be demolished. Though another new mosque was never built there, the state and the people knew of the spot till very recently i.e. early eighties of the 20th century. The Turks, during their reign had built latrines at the site so that no devout Muslim could offer Salat there by mistake. “Never stand thou forth therein (for prayer)”, was the order of the Quran (9:108). The Arabic word ‘Abadaa’ indicated that the prohibition was for all times to come.

WomanOfJihad
01-14-2005, 03:40 PM
*waits for Brother zak to post a Question*

Nisa
01-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Uthman ibn Madhoon (radhiyAllahu 'anhu)

My question:

What was the name of the Christian King from Abyssinia who gave shelter and protection to the Muslims who came to him from Makkah?

WomanOfJihad
01-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Hmmmm.. the answer is :

KING NAJJASHI

In which year of the Prophethood , did Abu Talib and Hadhrat Khadijah R.A. pass away?

Nisa
01-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Answer: 10th year of Prophethood

Abu Bakr (radiAllahu anhu) was appointed by Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) himself as the leader of the Hajj in which year of Hijrah?

Uma Rayanah
01-15-2005, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nisa
Answer: 10th year of Prophethood

Abu Bakr (radiAllahu anhu) was appointed by Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) himself as the leader of the Hajj in which year of Hijrah?

well i'm not sure.. i hv done dat last year in my islamic class,..

it is 9th Year of Hijrah

Nisa
01-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Well done sis mashaAllah! That's the correct answer....now its your turn :)

Uma Rayanah
01-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Aslaau alikum Dear broz and sister

What was the name of the wet nurse that suckled Muhammad (Sal-Allahu Alayhi-Wa-Salam) for only a few days before Halima as-Sadiyah took the position?

I guess is not dat hard

Sumayya
01-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Through Thuwayyibah, the bond-maid of his uncle `Abdul-`Uzza (Abu Lahab), who suckled the Prophet soon after his birth

Iz dat right :$

Uma Rayanah
01-16-2005, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sumayya
Through Thuwayyibah, the bond-maid of his uncle `Abdul-`Uzza (Abu Lahab), who suckled the Prophet soon after his birth

Iz dat right :$

mashallah ...

Her name was Thuwaybah,servant of Muhammad(Sal-Allahu Alayhi-Wa-Salam) uncle Abu Lahab.

let me con't the story....

she nursed him for a while as she did his uncle Hamzah later on, making the two brothers-in-nursing. Although Thuwaybah nursed Muhammad (Sal-Allahu Alayhi-Wa-Salam) for only a few days, he kept for her great affection and respect as long as she lived. When she died in 7 A.H. Muhammad(Sal-Allahu Alayhi-Wa-Salam) remembered to inquire about her son who was also his brother-in-nursing, but found out that he had died before her.

I guess it is ur turn dear sister

Celestial
01-16-2005, 08:45 PM
i think this is a very interesting way of learning thinks. you won't believe how much i have learned. soooo keep it up :teeth:

:w:

WomanOfJihad
01-16-2005, 09:53 PM
yeah sis Sumeyyah .. MashAllah..u gt the right Answer .. Gues its ur turn for the Question ...

Sumayya
01-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Yayyy :teeth:

Ok..herez an easyyy question :$

Who was the companion that was the first to be buried in Jannatul Baqie?

WomanOfJihad
01-16-2005, 10:15 PM
SUMEYYA i think we have had this Question before in which the answer given was UTHMAN Ibn Madhoon .. lo..try again sis : p

Sumayya
01-16-2005, 10:22 PM
O Lolll :-[ i didn't kno

well womanofjihad sis..u take my turn for me :teeth: i can'th think of any questionz

Nisa
01-17-2005, 01:05 AM
Br Zak, you asked where Masjid an-Nabawai is mentioned in the Qur'an - I had to do some research hence the delay in replying:

Prophet’s (SAW) mosque is one of those mosques whose foundation was laid on piety. This is described in the Qur’an and Hadith. Allah Ta’ala states in al-Tawbah 108:

‘Verily, the mosque whose foundation was laid from the first day on piety is more worthy that you stand therein (to pray). In it are men who love to clean and to purify themselves. And Allah loves those who make themselves clean and pure.’

It is narrated by Abu Sa’eed al-Khudriy [Radhiallaahu anhu] that Prophet Muhammad [Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam] said, ‘The above verse is describing the Prophet’s mosque.’ (Muslim 15:1398)

Further explanation of the above verse and some other Hadith support the idea that both, the Prophet’s mosque and the Quba mosque, have their foundations laid on piety. The following scholars have discussed this topic in more detail: Hafiz ibn Hajar al-Asqalaani (Fath al-Baari vol.6 pg.245), Samhoudi (Wifa-ul-Wifa vol.2 pg.415) and ibn al-Jawzi (Zaad al-Maseer vol.3 pg.501)

WomanOfJihad
01-17-2005, 10:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sumayya
O Lolll :-[ i didn't kno

well womanofjihad sis..u take my turn for me :teeth: i can'th think of any questionz
hmm.. maybe some1 would like to have a go at a question?

Khaldun
01-17-2005, 11:08 AM

Before the demise of the prophet (sallalahu 'Alyhi wassalam) the last prayer he lead was Maghrib...in which he recited a particular surah...the last surah he ever was heared to recite...which surah is this?

WomanOfJihad
01-17-2005, 12:32 PM
errrr.. was it SURAH an NASR

Khaldun
01-17-2005, 03:35 PM

sorry keep on looking...:)

Brother_Mujahid
01-17-2005, 04:18 PM
ermm ermmm surah Muhammad? :teeth:

Umm Yoosuf
01-17-2005, 06:11 PM
Waite waite i know this one its coming to me insha allah.......erm....

Umm Yoosuf
01-17-2005, 06:12 PM
I got it

Al-Mursalat

Im I right :-[

Sumayya
01-17-2005, 10:47 PM
* Awaitz patiently for the verdict :crickey:

Khaldun
01-18-2005, 01:05 PM

mashAllah mashAllah! spot on...ur turn :)

Abdalla
01-18-2005, 02:07 PM
new question guys

WomanOfJihad
01-19-2005, 10:58 PM
hmm..ok ..to get this thread mooving .. inshAllah ill post a question for now ..

WHAT WERE THE FIRST WORDS of OUR PROPHET S.A.W.? (EASY one )

* Sis MUslimah u still owe us a question * :)

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-20-2005, 08:12 PM
The story quoted on Harut and Marut is fabricated. Please read:
http://www.load-islam.com/C/Rebuttal...arut_and_Marut

Umm Yoosuf
01-20-2005, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
gud that ! :applaud:
but wud like to know how u got it ? :confused:
b'coz i cudn't get tht ;)

Oh im sooooooooo sorry guys....i was waitin and waitin 4 someone to tel me whether i was correct and then after that i got busy with life you know :'( anyyyyyyways zAK i read the tafsir of the surah and also i got a book called the Prophets Prayer Described by shaykh Al-Albaanee, Masha Allah a very good well detailed book!

WomenOfJihad
"hmm..ok ..to get this thread mooving .. inshAllah ill post a question for now ..

WHAT WERE THE FIRST WORDS of OUR PROPHET S.A.W.? (EASY one )

* Sis MUslimah u still owe us a question * "

ok sis hmmmm still thinking about ur question :-[

Muslimah
01-21-2005, 04:37 PM

WomanOfJihad ukhti do you mean after the prophethood?if so, they were " Maa anna bi qaari'" I'm not a reader.

If not.......hmmm

WomanOfJihad
01-21-2005, 05:22 PM
WomanOfJihad ukhti do you mean after the prophethood?if so, they were " Maa anna bi qaari'" I'm not a reader.
well sis i mean THE FIRST WORDS EVER HE UTTERED when he was born : )

Sahabiyaat
01-21-2005, 05:36 PM
70 or less i think ...

WomanOfJihad
01-21-2005, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimahimprovin
70 or less i think ...
?????????

al-muminoon
01-22-2005, 12:43 AM

have a go at this... easy one for u all!1

Which Sahaba (radiyallahu anhum) was given the title of Zul Nurain and why?And... what does zul nurain mean?

WomanOfJihad
01-22-2005, 12:47 AM
EASY ONE INDEED !!!

HADHRAT UTHMAN r.a WAS known as ZUn NURAIN ( Accessor of 2 lights) because he married the 2 daughters of our Prophet s.a.w which were Hadhrat Ruqeyya r.a and Umm Kutlhum r.a.

: )

Taalib-e-'Ilm
01-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Brothers, i didnt blame the angels- ididnt call them sinnerz and if u can provide me the israelites website or an article about them then please do so..... this story is NOT false, i haven't learnt it off from a website, neither from a book written by an israeli author, i've learnt it off from a MUSLIM- HANAFI- SCHOLAR!!!!!!!!

NOW PLZ IF U DO HAVE THE WEBSITE ABT THE HAARUT AND MAARUT INCIDENT WRITTEN BY THE ISRAELITES THEN DO TELL ME :shade:

Taalib-e-'Ilm
01-22-2005, 11:13 AM
I read the story which i posted and their seems to be nothing like me syin that : "Angels committed a sin by teaching ppl Black Magic"

What i did say is that they had an "ILLEGAL INTERCOURSE WITH A FIT LADY"

NOW PLZ.... DO READ THE STORY AGAIN!!!!!

IT WAS A TEST BY ALLAH TO US PPL....and i didnt know nothing about this israliz making false storiez up by looking at certain aayahz off the quran :teeth:

Umm Yoosuf
01-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Taalib-e-'Ilm my eyes hurt whats with the orange text!

Anyways whats the answer to womanofjihad question? :confused:

Uma Rayanah
01-22-2005, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProudMuslimah
Anyways whats the answer to womanofjihad question? :confused:

i guess we hv 2 wait 4 my sis

WomanOfJihad
01-22-2005, 10:43 PM

hmm.its ben few days .. YET no one was able to answer my Question i asked :

WHAT WERE THE FIRST WORDS of OUR PROPHET S.A.W.?
the Answer :
Allahu Akbar Kabiran wal Hamdulillahi hamdan katheeeran wa subhanAllahi Bukrataw wa aseela.

This were the First Words our Prophet s.a.w Uttered when he was born...

* WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO POST A QUESTION ?? PLZ DO SO *

Umm Yoosuf
01-23-2005, 04:15 PM

hmm.its ben few days .. YET no one was able to answer my Question i asked :

the Answer :
Allahu Akbar Kabiran wal Hamdulillahi hamdan katheeeran wa subhanAllahi Bukrataw wa aseela.

This were the First Words our Prophet s.a.w Uttered when he was born...

* WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO POST A QUESTION ?? PLZ DO SO *
Subhanallah! Where did you get that info from sis by the way! Thats amazing!

Umm Yoosuf
01-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Asalaamu Alaykum wr wb

Ok i got an essay question insha Allah

Name the 10 companions that were promised paradise.

Far7an
01-23-2005, 05:42 PM
1.Abu Bakr

2.Omar

3.Uthman

4.Ali

5. Talha bin Ubaidullah
6. Zubair bin-ul-Awam
7. Abd-ul-Rahman bin Auf
8. Sa’d bin Abi Waqas
9. Saeed bin Zaid
10Abu Ubaidah bin Al-Jarrah 10

Umm Yoosuf
01-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Masha Allah correct! Well done!

NEXT QUESTION

WomanOfJihad
01-23-2005, 05:58 PM

Subhanallah! Where did you get that info from sis by the way! Thats amazing!
it was taken from a book called seerah of the Prophet s.a.w..

* NEXT QUESTION*

Far7an
01-23-2005, 06:29 PM
sorry i am new to all this, does the person who answers the question correctly, ask the following question?

WomanOfJihad
01-23-2005, 06:34 PM

sorry i am new to all this, does the person who answers the question correctly, ask the following question?
yes..so i guess its ur turn brother

Far7an
01-23-2005, 06:43 PM
OK

Who established Arabic as the official language of the Muslim world?

WomanOfJihad
01-23-2005, 10:08 PM

errrr tricky one worth guessing though..

ALLAH S.w.t.

Far7an
01-23-2005, 10:12 PM
keeo guessing

zubair_president
01-23-2005, 10:28 PM

was it Abdul Malik ibn Marwan

Far7an
01-23-2005, 10:30 PM
:thumbs_up

Masha ALLAH

correct answer

zubair, next question is urs

zubair_president
01-23-2005, 10:41 PM

in which book of hadeeth and on whos authority was it narratted that the Prophet (S.A.W.) said

'when a man tells you something in confidence, you must not betray his trust'

Far7an
01-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Abu Dawud-----Jabir ibn Abdullah?

zubair_president
01-23-2005, 10:49 PM
that is the correct answer, looks like its ure turn again

Far7an
01-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Before the Battle of Badr, one companion pledged total support in the following words: "O Prophet of Allah, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, we are not like the followers of Moses who said ' You and your Lord can go and fight, we'll wait here.' We say go where ever your Lord is commanding you to. We swear by Allah who has sent you with the truth that we will fight on your right and on your left in your front and in your back and we will never desert you." Who said these words?

zubair_president
01-23-2005, 11:03 PM
after extensive researh i believe that it is hazrat miqdad (r.a) as stated in saheeh muslim and bukhari

Far7an
01-23-2005, 11:04 PM
:mad:

extensive hey....it took u 10 mins to reply akhee

lol

khair

ur question

zubair_president
01-23-2005, 11:06 PM
wat was the name of imam al aazam, imam abu hanifa r.a

WomanOfJihad
01-23-2005, 11:20 PM

MashAlah.. some SHOOTING questions n answers goin on .. keep it up ..

* learning beneficial things * (Alhumdulillah)

Khaldun
01-23-2005, 11:31 PM

He was Nu'man bin Thabit Bin Numan

zubair_president
01-23-2005, 11:36 PM
alhumdulilah looks like its ure turn brother

Khaldun
01-23-2005, 11:57 PM

Surah Layl is revealed about a very noble Companion of the prophet (salalahu Alyhi wassalam) who is this?

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-24-2005, 12:13 AM

Taalib-e-Ilm, it is unfortunate that you did not heed my warning. i am under no obligation to provide you with the source for your fabricated story! it is your obligation to show the source of the story in an AUTHENTIC HADITH.

The scholars have refuted this disgusting narration centuries ago. And just because a Hanafi 'imaam' says something doesn't mean that it is true!

The sources for Islam are:
1. Qur'an
2. Sunnah

Your narration has no basis in the authentic hadith so it must be rejected. i am also annoyed that none of the admins corrected this grevious mistake. People should be required to cite their source, especially in an age where people are taking the most abominable ideas as representative of Islam.

Far7an
01-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Abubakr (RA)?

Khaldun
01-24-2005, 09:23 AM

mashAllah true, your turn brother

Abdalla
01-24-2005, 10:01 AM
indeed your turn

Far7an
01-24-2005, 11:32 AM
When Tariq ibn Ziyad led the campaign in Spain, what were the numbers of Muslim soldiers and non-Muslim soldiers?

Far7an
01-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Masha ALLAH correct

your turn

al-muminoon
01-24-2005, 12:47 PM

Since Hajj has just finished... A Hajj question....

[I]Describe in detail the process of hajj... like what to do in the 5 days of hajj

Abdalla
01-24-2005, 05:34 PM
hefty question, any one want to answer this?

WomanOfJihad
01-24-2005, 06:10 PM

1st day: 8th Zul Hijjah, Yaum-ut-Tarwiyah
After putting on their Ihraams for Hajj, the Hajjees proceed to MlNA after sunrise and perform 5 Salaahs there, i.e. Zohar, Asr, Maghrib, Esha and Fajr of the next day (9 Zil Hijjah).

2nd day: 9th Zul Hijjah, Yaum-ul-Arafah
After sunrise the Hajjees proceed to ARAFAAT and make WUQOOF after ZAWAAL. Zohar and Asr Salaah will be performed here. Here they remain engaged in Du'aa, Zikr, Tilaawat, etc. until sunset. Immediately after sunset they proceed to Muzdalifah. Here they will perform Maghrib and Esha at the time of Esha. The night will be spent at Muzdalifah.

3rd day: 10th Zul Hijjah, Yaum-un-Nahr
After performing Fajr Salaah at Muzdalifah, the Hajjees proceed to Mina before sunrise. On this day four important rites have to be performed.
1. RAMEE of Jamaratul Aqabah (stoning the big Shaytaan).
2. ZABH (to sacrifice an animal).
3. HALQ or Qasr (shaving or trimming the hair of the head).
4. To perform TAWAAFUZ ZIYAARAH.

4th day: 11th Zul Hijjah
All three SHAYTAANS have to be pelted on this day and the night will be spent at MINA. RAAMEE, i.e. pelting time begins after ZAWAAL and ends before SUNSET.

5th day: 11th Zul Hijjah
Make Ramee, i.e. pelt all three Shaytaans after Zawaal. The Hajjees may now proceed to MAKKAH MU'AZZAM. Those who wish to remain in Mina on the l3th Zul Hijjah should pelt the 3 Shaytaans before proceeding to Makkah Mukarramah. The pelting on this day is permissible throughout the day (including the period before Zawaal).

VOILA :-) SubhanAllahi Wa bi Hamdihi SubhanAlahil adheem

WomanOfJihad
01-25-2005, 05:44 PM

Who took over the state after Ali (ra) passed away?

al-muminoon
01-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

After Hazrat Ali Wasn't it Hazrat Mu'awiyah?

WomanOfJihad
01-25-2005, 05:57 PM

MashAllah.. thats ryt ..

*awaits for a question*

al-muminoon
01-25-2005, 05:59 PM

DO I have to ask one now? :omg:

WomanOfJihad
01-25-2005, 06:15 PM

ok Brother.. i guess ill post one for the time being..but u still owe us one ..

WHICH ANGEL is in CHARGE of PARADISE

al-muminoon
01-25-2005, 06:28 PM

Is it Ridhwaan?

WomanOfJihad
01-25-2005, 06:32 PM
MashAllah u gessed it ryt again .. now Enough of ur Answers . n lets hear ur question please .. (JazaKAllahu Khairan)

al-muminoon
01-25-2005, 06:39 PM

Assalamu Alaykum.... ok well here goes... cant think properly but this is the best I can do for now!!

What are the angels around the throne of Allah called?

Far7an
01-25-2005, 08:59 PM
hamalat al arsh?

Uma Rayanah
01-25-2005, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247
hamalat al arsh?

i think dat is da right answer.. wha do u think brother al-muminoon

al-muminoon
01-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

Yes alhamdulillah that is the right Answer! :)

Far7an
01-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Who was the companion that was the first to be buried in Jannatul Baqie?

al-muminoon
01-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

Hazrat Uthmaan Bin Madhoon?

Is that correct? hope so!

WomanOfJihad
01-25-2005, 11:05 PM
i think we have had that question ?

Far7an
01-25-2005, 11:06 PM
:( either my questions r too easy

or ur very clever masha allah :applaud:

im guessing the second

it is correct

al-muminoon
01-25-2005, 11:10 PM

Dont think we have had that question Woman of Jihad? If we have....then sorry for answering it AND more importantly.... why not ask one that hasnt been asked? :p your turn woman of jihad.

Sumayya
01-25-2005, 11:40 PM
We have had that Q :omg:

I was the one to post the Q before..and there was someone b4 me too

lol..third time

Wsalaamz

Far7an
01-25-2005, 11:41 PM
oh well.....i guess it was bound to happen to someone

al-muminoon
01-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Assalamu Alaykum.... yes....
we all make mistakes! lol

So inshallah sister sumayyah can post a new question...one that hasnt been posted? lol

jazakallah.... were all waiting

WomanOfJihad
01-25-2005, 11:49 PM

* SIS SUMEYYA .. YALLA BISSUR'AH * :p
*waitinggggg .....*

Brother_Mujahid
01-25-2005, 11:50 PM

* SIS SUMEYYA .. YALLA BISSUR'AH * :p
*waitinggggg .....*

lol

wariyah amose :zip: hah

wait patiently

al-muminoon
01-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Assalamu Alaykum....

Yup shes keeping us waiting.....

Anytime soon shall be ok sister :)..... Anytime, lol

Brother_Mujahid
01-25-2005, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-muminoon
Assalamu Alaykum....

Yup shes keeping us waiting.....

Anytime soon shall be ok sister :)..... Anytime, lol
u do realise its late at night and that everyone will be asleep... dontcha

Sumayya
01-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Loll didnt realise I was being awaited.. :omg:

hmmm :p

Herez da Q

What did the Holy Prophet SAW name the year in which both Khadijah RA and His uncle Abu Talib passed away?

Far7an
01-26-2005, 12:08 AM
Year Of Sorrow?

Sumayya
01-26-2005, 12:10 AM
Correcto MashaAllah :teeth:

anyone kno the Arabic term?

Farhana sis..ur turn i guess ;)

Ws

al-muminoon
01-26-2005, 12:12 AM
The year of grief! thats correct.....

Sister Sumayya will have to ask the next few questions because of her taking AGES in asking this one.... fair i think?

Agree/Disagree?

Far7an
01-26-2005, 12:14 AM
farhana sis??????

wer did the extra "a" come from

its brother, barakallak feekum

i think i better not ask any more questions....im afraid of repitition

dont mind who asks the next q

WomanOfJihad
01-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Sister Sumayya will have to ask the next few questions because of her taking AGES in asking this one.... fair i think?

Agree/Disagree?
that means we will have to wait for a decade ..

Sumayya
01-26-2005, 12:19 AM
Omg Farhan Bro :omg: Im soooo sorry..do forgiv me :$
I guess my eyes r playing tricks on me..and im soo used to being surrounded by farhanas and farhanaz's (hint hint @ a particular sis ;) )..im really sorry bro :p

anywayz..sure..any1 can post Questions if they see that someone isnt respinding quick enough :-[
I don't mind :teeth:

Ws

al-muminoon
01-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Assalamu Alaykum....
you seemed to reply very quickly this time.... lol

so WE are all sure the next question wont take more than a few minutes.....
Were all waiting sister Sumayya... the quicker the better, lol.

And... whilst were ANSWERING the question, u can look and think of more :)

Sumayya
01-26-2005, 12:24 AM
Wsalaam..

Lol..well, Im suremany others also want to post Questionz..but ive thought off one which I really have to ask now :-[
I was gonna post it in the Quran Challenge thread..but since theres already a question posted there..i'll post it here :teeth:

Which r the 6 letters of the Arabic Alphabet which are pronounced from the throat (Huroofe Halaqi
)?

al-muminoon
01-26-2005, 12:27 AM
hamzah haa
AYN HAA
Ghayn Khaa

that right?

WomanOfJihad
01-26-2005, 12:35 AM
mashAlah thats ryt brother muminoon .. give sumeyya a break n ur turn for the NEXT wuestion.

* SUMEYYA .. wATCH OUT wat u say here .... sheesh woman u r nt a safe person r u :p*

Sumayya
01-26-2005, 12:43 AM
lol woman :shade:

and yup the answers were correct MashaAllah..

so now ur turn for the Q

Ws

WomanOfJihad
01-26-2005, 02:31 PM
ok ill post one ..

WHO WAS ABU AL 'AAS MARRIED TO ?

Muslimah
01-26-2005, 02:58 PM

Zaynab Bint Al-Rasuul sala Allahu alayhi wasalam.

Sahabi his name was mentioned in the Quraan?

WomanOfJihad
01-26-2005, 07:28 PM

MashAllah u gt the right answer .. n as for Abu al'aas being mentioned in the Quran.. Allahu Alim ...

* NEXT*

Far7an
01-26-2005, 11:38 PM
awaiting question

WomanOfJihad
01-26-2005, 11:40 PM

*Sighs*

WHEN WAS HAJJ ORDAINED ? (easy one)

Brother_Mujahid
01-26-2005, 11:45 PM

*Sighs*

WHEN WAS HAJJ ORDAINED ? (easy one)

when the verses from the quran were revealed........"And remember when We showed Ibraaheem the site of the [Sacred] House [saying]: Associate not anything [in worshipi with Me and purify My House for those who circumambulate it [i.e. perform tawaaf] and those who stand up for prayer and those who bow down and make prostration [in prayer etc.]."(Surah al-Hajj 22:26)" ayah supplied courteous of farhan247 :thumbs_up

the first pilgrimage in the prophets time took place just before the treaty of hudaybiyah 6 A.H

i know this dont answer the question..........

WomanOfJihad
01-26-2005, 11:59 PM
hmm.. well..good points uve made there....but are you sure the first pilgrimage took place before 6 AH ?? hmm.. think again bro

Brother_Mujahid
01-27-2005, 12:01 AM
hmm.. well..good points uve made there....but are you sure the first pilgrimage took place before 6 AH ?? hmm.. think again bro

what they made one pilgramage before they migrated to madinah when was that?

*searches through ar-raheeq al makhtoom frantically*

ive only reached reading till the hudaybiyah treaty, so some time during 6 A.H yes

Far7an
01-27-2005, 12:03 AM
think again bro

???

Khaldun
01-27-2005, 12:37 PM

it was when Ibrahim (alyhi salam) was ordered by Allah, as brother Mujahid states.

And proclaim among men the Pilgrimage: they will come to you on foot and on every lean camel, coming from every remote path,

Ibrahim said how will they hear me?? Allah said proclaim it, and We will convey it to mankind. So the prophet (alyhi salam) stood upon a mountain and proclaimed it. And thus every individual that is ordained that he/she will do Hajj, replied "LabaikaAllah" meaning at your service o Allah.

Sahabiyaat
01-27-2005, 01:07 PM
all this is really intresting MashaAllah u can learn alot from this.. :applaud:

Muslimah
01-27-2005, 03:02 PM

MashAllah u gt the right answer .. n as for Abu al'aas being mentioned in the Quran.. Allahu Alim ...

* NEXT*

Ukhti i didnt say Abu al-aas was mentioned in the Quraan....

It was separate Question...maybe the way i asked wasnt spesific...anyways.

Once again....

Name the sahabi that his name was mentioned in the Quraan....i hope its clear.

WomanOfJihad
01-27-2005, 04:28 PM
oops.. sorry sis ..i misunderstood you ..

Far7an
01-27-2005, 05:21 PM
zaid ibn harith?

Far7an
01-27-2005, 11:32 PM
awaiting confirmation of my answer

???

Khaldun
01-28-2005, 12:50 AM

I believe this is the right answer brother...barakAllah Feek

Far7an
01-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Alhamdulillah

ok my question

Prophet Muhammad (saw), mentioned four companions as the greatest teachers of Quran and Quranic recitation. One of them was a non-Arab. Who was he?

WomanOfJihad
01-29-2005, 05:27 PM
*aWAITS for Confirmation *

Far7an
01-29-2005, 06:22 PM
awaiting correct answer

Nisa
01-31-2005, 01:21 AM
Can we get a clue inshaAllah?

Far7an
01-31-2005, 01:23 AM
lol im no good with clues

answer is Abu Abdullah Salim

next question

Nisa
01-31-2005, 02:55 PM
I found this on the blessed companion, who was also known as Salim Mawla Abi Hudhayfah (radhiyAllahu 'anhu)

-----------------------

In giving advice to his companions, the noble Prophet, peace be on him, once said: "Learn the Quran from four persons: Abdullah ibn Masud, Salim Mawla Abi Hudhayfah, Ubayy ibn Kab and Muadh ibn Jabal."

We have read about three of these companions before. But who was this fourth companion in whom the Prophet had so much confidence that he considered him a hujjah or competent authority to teach the Quran and be a source of reference for it?

Salim was a slave and when he accepted Islam he was adopted as a son by a Muslim who was formerly a leading nobleman of the Quraysh. When the practice of adoption (in which the adopted person was called the son of his adopted father) was banned, Salim sim ply became a brother, a companion and a mawla (protected person) of the one who had adopted him, Abu Hudhayfah ibn Utbah. Through the blessings of Islam, Salim rose to a position of high esteem among the Muslims by virtue of his noble conduct and his piet y.

Both Salim and Abu Hudhayfah accepted Islam early. Abu Hudhayfah himself did so in the face of bitter opposition from his father, the notorious Utbah ibn Rabi'ah who was particularly virulent in his attacks against the Prophet, peace be upon him, and his companions.

When the verse of the Quran was revealed abolishing adoption, people like Zayd and Salim had to change their names. Zayd who was known as Zayd ibn Muhammad had to be called after his own natural father. Henceforth he was known as Zayd ibn Harithah. Sali m however did not know the name of his father. Indeed he did not know who his father was. However he remained under the protection of Abu Hudhayfah and so came to be known as Salim Mawla Abi Hudhayfah.

In abolishing the practice of adoption, Islam wanted to emphasize the bonds and responsibilities of natural kinship. However, no relationship was greater or stronger than the bond of Islam and the ties of faith which was the basis of brotherhood. The ea rly Muslims understood this very well. There was nobody dearer to anyone of them after Allah and His Messenger than their brethren in faith.

We have seen how the Ansar of Madinah welcomed and accepted the Muhajirin from Makkah and shared with them their homes and their wealth and their hearts. This same spirit of brotherhood we see in the relationship between the Quraysh aristocrat, Abu Hudhay fah, and the despised and lowly slave, Salim. They remained to the very end of their lives something more than brothers; they died together, one body beside the other one soul with the other. Such was the unique greatness of Islam. Ethnic background and s ocial standing had no worth in the sight of God. Only faith and taqwa mattered as the verses of the Quran and the sayings of the Prophet emphasized over and over again:

"The most honorable of you in the sight of God, is the most God-fearing of you," says the Quran.

"No Arab has an advantage over a non-Arab except in taqwa (piety)," taught the noble Prophet who also said: "The son of a white woman has no advantage over the son of a black woman except in taqwa."

In the new and just society rounded by Islam, Abu Hudhayfah found honor for himself in protecting the one who was a slave.

In this new and rightly-guided society rounded by Islam, which destroyed unjust class divisions and false social distinctions Salim found himself, through his honesty, his faith and his willingness to sacrifice, in the front line of the believers. He was the "imam" of the Muhajirin from Makkah to Madinah, leading them in Salat in the masjid at Quba which was built by the blessed hands of the Prophet himself. He became a competent authority in the Book of God so much so that the Prophet recommended that t he Muslims learn the Quran from him. Salim was even further blessed and enjoyed a high estimation in the eyes of the Prophet, peace be on him, who said of him.

"Praise be to God Who has made among my Ummah such as you."

Even his fellow Muslim brothers used to call him "Salim min as-Salihin - Salim one of the righteous". The story of Salim is like the story of Bilal and that of tens of other slaves and poor persons whom Islam raised from slavery and degradation and 'made them, in the society of guidance and justice - imams, leaders and military commanders.

Salim's personality was shaped by Islamic virtues. One of these was his outspokenness when he felt it was his duty to speak out especially when a wrong was committed.

A well-known incident to illustrate this occurred after the liberation of Makkah. The Prophet sent some of his companions to the villages and tribes around the city. He specified that they were being sent as du'at to invite people to Islam and not as figh ters. Khalid ibn al-Walid was one of those sent out. During the mission however, to settle an old score from the days of Jahiliyyah, he fought with and killed a man even though the man testified that he was now a Muslim.

Accompanying Khalid on this mission was Salim and others. As soon as Salim saw what Khalid had done he went up to him and reprimanded him listing the mistakes he had committed. Khalid, the great leader and military commander both during the days of Jahil iyyah and now in Islam, was silent for once.

Khalid then tried to defend himself with increasing fervor. But Salim stood his ground and stuck to his view that Khalid had committed a grave error. Salim did not look upon Khalid then as an abject slave would look upon a powerful Makkan nobleman. Not a t all. Islam had placed them on an equal footing. It was justice and truth that had to be defended. He did not look upon him as a leader whose mistakes were to be covered up or justified but rather as an equal partner in carrying out a responsibility and an obligation. Neither did he come out in opposition to Khalid out of prejudice or passion but out of sincere advice and mutual self-criticism which Islam has hallowed. Such mutual sincerity was repeatedly emphasized by the Prophet himself when he said:< P> "Ad-dinu an-Nasihah. Ad-din u an-Nasihah. Ad-din u an-Nasihah." "Religion is sincere advice. Religion is sincere advice. Religion is sincere advice."

When the Prophet heard what Khalid had done, he was deeply grieved and made long and fervent supplication to his Lord. "O Lord," he said, "I am innocent before you of what Khalid has done." And he asked: "Did anyone reprimand him?"

The Prophet's anger subsided somewhat when he was told:

"Yes, Salim reprimanded him and opposed him." Salim lived close to the Prophet and the believers. He was never slow or reluctant in his worship nor did he miss any campaign. In particular, the strong brotherly relationship which existed between him and Ab u Hudhayfah grew with the passing days.

The Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, passed away to his Lord. Abu Bakr assumed responsibility for the affairs of Muslims and immediately had to face the conspiracies of the apostates which resulted in the terrible battle of Yamamah. Among t he Muslim forces which made their way to the central heartlands of Arabia was Salim and his "brother", Abu Hudhayfah.

At the beginning of the battle, the Muslim forces suffered major reverses. The Muslims fought as individuals and so the strength that comes from solidarity was initially absent. But Khalid ibn al-Walid regrouped the Muslim forces anew and managed to achie ve an amazing coordination.

Abu Hudhayfah and Salim embraced each other and made a vow to seek martyrdom in the path of the religion of Truth and thus attain felicity in the hereafter. Yamamah was their tryst with destiny. To spur on the Muslims Abu Hudhayfah shouted: "Yaa ahl al-Qu ran - O people of the Quran! Adorn the Quran with your deeds," as his sword flashed through the army of Musaylamah the imposter like a whirlwind. Salim in his turn shouted:

"What a wretched bearer of the Quran am I, if the Muslims are attacked from my direction. Far be it from you, O Salim! Instead, be you a worthy bearer of the

With renewed courage he plunged into the battle. When the standard-bearer of the Muhajirin, Zayd ibn al-Khattab, fell. Salim bore aloft the flag and continued fighting. His right hand was then severed and he held the standard aloft with his left hand whi le reciting aloud the verse of the glorious Quran:

"How many a Prophet fought in God's way and with him (fought) large bands of godly men! But they never lost heart if they met with disaster in God's way, nor did they weaken (in will) nor give in. And God loves those who are firm and steadfast." What an i nspiring verse for such an occasion! And what a fitting epitaph for someone who had dedicated his life for the sake of Islam!

A wave of apostates then overwhelmed Salim and he fell. Some life remained with him until the battle came to an end with the death of Musaylamah. When the Muslims went about searching for their victims and their martyrs, they found Salim in the last thro es of death. As his life-blood ebbed away he asked them: "What has happened to Abu Hudhayfah?" "He has been martyred," came the reply. "Then put me to lie next to him," said Salim.

"He is close to you, Salim. He was martyred in this same place." Salim smiled a last faint smile and spoke no more. Both men had realized what they had hoped for. Together they entered Islam. Together they lived. And together they were martyred.

Salim, that great believer passed away to his Lord. Of him, the great Umar ibn al-Khattab spoke as he lay dying: "If Salim were alive, I would have appointed him my successor."

Nisa
01-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Easy one inshaAllah:

Who travelled with Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) to the hill-top city of Ta'if, South-West of Makkah when they were looking for a place of safety for the Muslims?

Muslimah
01-31-2005, 04:39 PM

Zaid Bin Haritha

Nisa
01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
radhiyAllahu 'anhu - yep sis, ur turn inshaAllah!

Muslimah
02-02-2005, 07:07 PM

In Al-Khandaq battle..the prophet and almuslimuun almujahiduun went to one of the sahabi's house in order to eat....who was that sahabi?

Baaraka Aalahu fiikum

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-03-2005, 08:43 PM
*waiting for next question*

Muslimah
02-03-2005, 09:12 PM

baaraka Allahu fiik akhi Zak..you got it right.

try this one..............even though its NOT my turn..anyway

who was/were the first to greet (first to use)alsalamu alaykum warahmatu allahi wa barakatu?

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Who killed the best of people and the worst of people?

Muslimah
02-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Abu Dharr al-Ghifari ?
This was not the answer i was looking for.....actually its not one person....more like (qoum-people).....another answer is wanted !

Who killed the best of people and the worst of people?
Wahshi Bin Harb.....he killed Hamza Bin Abdull Mutalib....and Musailama Al-Kadab.....

Muslimah
02-14-2005, 02:20 PM

I was told The Al-Asha'riyuun were the first people to greet Assalaamu Alaykum warahmatu Allahi wa barakatu.

Okay now...anyone can post question....

Far7an
02-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Abu Bakr (r.a.) wa appointed by Prophet Muhammad (saw) himself as the leader of the Hajj in which year of Hijrah ?

Muslimah
02-15-2005, 06:10 PM

9th of Hijra....

Next:

The prophet who his name most mentioned in the quran..is?

zubair_president
02-15-2005, 10:18 PM

i think the answer to that question is Moosa (a.s)

FATIMAHABDULLAH
02-16-2005, 07:52 AM
I read the first question not the last(LOL)

Riaz
02-16-2005, 02:41 PM
yes the answer is moosa next question plz brother zubair?

zubair_president
02-16-2005, 03:11 PM

in wat islamic year did imam ul azam Abu Hanifah pass away, and in wat year was the great imam Shafee born?

Muslimah
02-16-2005, 03:55 PM

Abu Hanifa passed away the same year when Al-Shafi'i born....150 Hijri....( it was even the same night).

Next:

When Um-Salama radiya Allahu anha wanted to imigrate to Almadina(following her husband), who helped her to get there?
remember, she was all alone with her son...

lamya
02-21-2005, 04:50 PM
is it 70?

Muslimah
02-21-2005, 09:31 PM

Correct....Zak you also got the other quran challenge question right...and Allah knows best.

WomanOfJihad
03-04-2005, 09:59 PM

HOW MANY TIMES WAS OUR PROPHET MUHAMMAD (saw)s HEART TAKEN OUT N WAS CLEANSED AND WHEN DID IT HAPPEN ?

أحمد
03-16-2005, 05:26 PM

HOW MANY TIMES WAS OUR PROPHET MUHAMMAD (saw)s HEART TAKEN OUT N WAS CLEANSED AND WHEN DID IT HAPPEN ?

:zip: There are two types of narration on this; one of that when the Prophet (saw) was in the care of Halima, and the other before m'iraj. However, both types of narration are weak (including some fabricated). There's not a single Saheeh . . . ;)

:D The Prophet (saw) was offered drinks during his night journey; what were they:

A) Mango Juice
B) Blackcurrent Juice
C) Orrange Squash
D) Water
E) Pineapple Juice
F) Appricot Juice
G) Milk
H) Carrot Juice
I) Cranberry Juice
J) Wine
K) Lemon Flavoured Herbal Tea
L) Mint Flavoured Herbal Tea
M) Coca Cola

A CLUE: The Prophet (saw) wasn't given any fizzy drinks . . . ;D

swanlake
03-16-2005, 05:29 PM
:wa:

Was it Wine Milk and Water?

And he (pbuh) chose the milk.

Mint Flavoured Herbal Tea....there wasnt such thing back then!!! :D

أحمد
03-16-2005, 05:39 PM

:applaud: Well done . . .

:D And nor was there coca cola . . . I was just seeing what people would go for . . . :p ;)

Next question . . . :p :p :p :p :p :shade:

:D The Prophet (saw) said that in Ramadhan you should wake up for the Sehri even if you are going to drink ________ or eat ________.

What were the two things mentioned in the narration?

A) Cow Meat
B) Chicken
C) Mango Juice
D) Blackcurrent Juice
E) Dates
F) Orrange Squash
G) Water
H) Pineapple Juice
I) Appricot Juice
J) Milk
K) Carrot Juice
L) Cranberry Juice
M) Wine
N) Lemon Flavoured Herbal Tea
O) Mint Flavoured Herbal Tea
P) Coca Cola
Q) Pastie
R) Fairy Cakes
S) Doughnuts
T) Icecream
U) Coffee
V) Duck meat
W) Prawns
X) Camel Meat
Y) Apples
Z) Grapes

A CLUE: Both are suitable for vegetarians . . . :p :p :p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

swanlake
03-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Water & Dates

The prophet (saw)'s first wife Khadija (ra) was married before

a)twice or
b) thrice
c)once
d)None
e)four times
f) five times

And she had 2 children, one girl and a boy

What was their names?

a) zaid
b) uthman
c) meymuna
d) Hind
e)Zaynab
f) Dardaa
g) Mu'aawiyah (..well u asked for more name! lol)
h) Fircoon..(it is getting silly now...:D)

أحمد
03-16-2005, 05:53 PM

:D I think you should add some more options, check out my previous one; it's got 26 . . . ;)

أحمد
03-16-2005, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by swanlake
Water & Dates

The prophet (saw)'s first wife Khadija (ra) was married before

a)twice or
b) thrice
c)once
d)None
e)four times
f) five times

And she had 2 children, one girl and a boy

What was their names?

a) zaid
b) uthman
c) meymuna
d) Hind
e)Zaynab
f) Dardaa
g) Mu'aawiyah (..well u asked for more name! lol)
h) Fircoon..(it is getting silly now...:D)

:D Alhamdulillah. This should be more challenging for those who try to answer it. As I can't think of another question; I'll let someone else answer this Insha-Allah . . . :p ;) :shade:

swanlake
03-18-2005, 04:42 PM

comon..someone answer.....this.

أحمد
03-18-2005, 04:46 PM

:D I think my clue should help Insha-Allah . . . :p

;D It was not James or Kelly . . . ;D ;D ;D :p :p :p ;)

:D Now someone may answer the question with a bit more confidence . . . ;)

Arwa
03-18-2005, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by swanlake

comon..someone answer.....this.

what? the question above? :confused:

swanlake
03-18-2005, 04:55 PM
yes sis..Go on.....i know that you know that i know that you know.

Arwa
03-18-2005, 05:03 PM

The first one is TWICE

She was married to Abu Halah
and
Atigh Makhzumi
and she was widowed twice ..

Second one is

Zaynab Zeinab .. however way you want to spell it ..

Didn't she have 2 sons who died as infants?
Qasim ans Tahir?

:unsure:

and didn't she have 6 children? :unsure:

swanlake
03-18-2005, 05:05 PM
No i meant before the prophet (saw) married her. She had one daughter and one son...

Hint:- They both had the same name.

Arwa
03-18-2005, 05:07 PM

oh :S

Arwa
03-18-2005, 05:10 PM

btw.. I got the first answer right innt?

I'll answer the second after I have eaten my dinner insha'Allah :)

swanlake
03-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Correct on the first Question..

Maybe full stomach may help with the second..;)

swanlake
03-19-2005, 08:57 PM

Well done Zak

Your turn..

Far7an
03-20-2005, 02:39 PM
When and where was the first paper-making factory started in the Muslim world?

Muslimah
03-28-2005, 08:22 PM

Brother farhan you may want tell us the answer...since nobody could get it....

jazak Allah khair

Far7an
03-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Baghdad, 178 A.H

WomanOfJihad
04-05-2005, 08:38 PM

Who married ZAid Bin Harith which after divorce she also got married to our Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. as well?

WomanOfJihad
04-06-2005, 02:31 PM

err.. No Sorry Try Again !

Umm Yoosuf
04-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Asalaamu Alaykum

Zainab

WomanOfJihad
04-06-2005, 02:42 PM

yep MashAllah Well done .. its
ZAINAB BINT JAHASH

Brother_Mujahid
04-06-2005, 02:57 PM

yep MashAllah Well done .. its
ZAINAB BINT JAHASH

Zainab bint jahsh bin Riyab
was the messengers paternal cosin. was married to zaid bin haritha, who was considered son of the prophet Muhammad (saw), after she was divorced Allah sent the verses in surah ahzab

"So when Zaid had acomplished his desire from her, we gave her to you in marriage"

the surah goes on to discuss adoption in detail.

Umm Yoosuf
04-06-2005, 02:58 PM
ey?

The Ruler
04-06-2005, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah
ey?
So wats da nxt question?

WomanOfJihad
04-06-2005, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
Zainab bint jahsh bin Riyab
was the messengers paternal cosin. was married to zaid bin haritha, who was considered son of the prophet Muhammad (saw), after she was divorced Allah sent the verses in surah ahzab

"So when Zaid had acomplished his desire from her, we gave her to you in marriage"

the surah goes on to discuss adoption in detail.

Yeah.. i remember there was this Ayah sent .. regarding people who used to call Zaid Bin Muhammad .. n then a verse was revealed sayin to its nearest the Nearest Meaning that Muhammad saw is no ones Father amongst the Men but Allah's Messenger and the Seal of the Prophethood..
" Maa kaana muhammadin abaa ahadim min rijaalikum wa laakin rasul Allahi wa Khaataman Nabiyyeen "

Also. theres an Ayah which tells us that .. the Marriage of ZAid bin Harith and Zainab Bint Jahash was already taken p place in Jannah from Before SubhanAllah.. n it was like a WAlimah in this World ..
( sorry cant find the Ayah . inshAllah wil try findin it )

Far7an
04-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Ok.....Can someone post a question please...barakallahu feekum :)

The Ruler
04-07-2005, 04:50 PM

nxt question........What was the name of the Prophet's uncle who died in the battle of uhud? (easy question :))

:sister:

Brother_Mujahid
04-07-2005, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid

nxt question........What was the name of the Prophet's uncle who died in the battle of uhud? (easy question :))

Hamzah (ra)

In the battle of yarmuk khalid bin waleed got afraid when his helmet fell on the ground, he then had people around him alerted and it was found during the battle.

why was this helmet so important to khalid bin waleed (ra)?

The Ruler
04-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Was it because there was some strands of the Prophet's hair inside the helmet which as i read before that Khalid bin Al Waleed said it gave him a better view of the battle ground.
its just some thing i thought i read ages ago, i dont know if its right. :-[

if it is then the next question.......
what is the main difference between the sunni and the shia? :)
Wassalam

Brother_Mujahid
04-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Was it because there was some strands of the Prophet's hair inside the helmet which as i read before that Khalid bin Al Waleed said it gave him a better view of the battle ground.
its just some thing i thought i read ages ago, i dont know if its right. :-[
yes it was the hair of the prophet, he gathered them when the prophet shaved his head for hajj. the prophet asked him why he was collecting it to which he said it might help him. the prophet then made dua saying that it would make him victorious on the battlefield........ he then had the hair woven onto a red garment which he wore under his helmet.

The Ruler
04-08-2005, 07:06 PM
what is the main difference between the sunni and the shia? :)
one of the main diff is that shias believe that Ali (ra) was the proposed prophet after Muhammed (saw), but people did not make him the prophet. Whereas sunnis believe that Muhammed (saw)was the last prophet.
another one is that shias believe that Qur;an consists of 40 parts, and the last 10 parts were revealed to Ali (ra). and sunis dont beliv it.

Wassalam

Umm Yoosuf
04-08-2005, 09:41 PM
what is the main difference between the sunni and the shia?

one of the main diff is that shias believe that Ali (ra) was the proposed prophet after Muhammed (saw), but people did not make him the prophet. Whereas sunnis believe that Muhammed (saw)was the last prophet.
another one is that shias believe that Qur;an consists of 40 parts, and the last 10 parts were revealed to Ali (ra). and sunis dont beliv it.

Wassalam

Did you just answer your own question :confused:

The Ruler
04-09-2005, 12:51 PM

Did you just answer your own question :confused:
yes ;) :p :) :D

Far7an
04-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Next question??

The Ruler
04-13-2005, 05:19 PM

has this post gone dead or something?:confused: no1 is posting any questions.:confused:

Muslimah
04-13-2005, 11:27 PM

Okay try this question....

Sahabi when he died , the prophet sala Allahu alayhi wasalam , AbuBakir and Omar took him to his grave....Abdilahhi Bin Mas'uud said..."laytanii kunt saa7ib hadihii al-7ufrah) simple translation...i wish this was my grave....

the question is, who is that sahabi???

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.